“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#563400 Nov 16, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
ooouuuch! who's doing the judging and condemning here, pal?!
"there is One Good; that is God" Jesus
when you can judge with God's perfect righteousness, maybe we'll nominate you as the one who establishes what goodness is! until then, you're only a man and subject to the same egotistical temptations as the hitler-himler dynamic duo;)
The Abrahamic god, from whom your jesus supposedly sprung, makes your hitler-himmler duo seem like choirboys by comparison.

I guess your Jesus got sick of his dad's tantrums, eh?

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#563401 Nov 16, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
http://bitcoin.org/
There is a choice.
Has bitcoin actually taken off, except for black market trade? It was all over tech news, then sort of just vanished.

Location hidden

#563402 Nov 16, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
With the lesbians in the neighbourhood, Double Fine would be too busy to work
LMAO... I am always shaking my head at you...

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#563403 Nov 16, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
O.O

*gulp*

Which head?

Location hidden

#563404 Nov 16, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
O.O
*gulp*
Which head?
You know that making the gulping noise made that post 1000 times worse, right?

#563405 Nov 16, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that making the gulping noise made that post 1000 times worse, right?
*Coffee out of nose*

Good one, mate
endtime

AOL

#563406 Nov 16, 2012

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

&fe ature=plcp

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#563407 Nov 16, 2012
Coffee Freak wrote:
<quoted text>
Understandable...yet, if I was a Christian born in Mecca and Mecca was founded under Allah, I would have to accept that the lovely nation of Mecca was born of Allah and accept it or move. The U.S. was/is one nation, under God. God was the deity that the founders of the U.S. built this nation upon. And because that "name" offends people, does that justify throwing out the history of the U.S. and it's principles? I've noticed that since we've "banned" using the name God and dismissing Him in our country, this country has gotten worse and worse. Yet, during 9/11, all of the sudden it was ok to say His name and pray to Him. I really don't think the God of my understanding wants to be a God of convenience. People should be free to worship whoever or whatever they want but I don't agree that God shouldn't be recognized as the true "leader" of our nation. The minority doesn't seem to mind at all when they're getting money handed to them on pay day which has "In God We Trust" on it.
I said that the mecca thing was an extreme example - you wouldn't have a snowball's chance to stop the pilgrimage. I was just illustrating a point - some people feel as though they are being surrounded by a tradition they don't follow, and they either have to go along with it or risk being ostracized. Again, I don't really care and actually enjoy christmas, but I sympathize with the people who would like the holiday season to be more inclusive.

Also, the US was not founded on christian principles. The founders made several very clear statements to this effect - and they codified their belief in the separation of church and state in the constitution.

I very seriously doubt that the "banning" of using the name of god has anything to do with the condition of the country. The 9/11 thing is an interesting example of how people respond to disasters - patriotism, jingoism, and very direct displays of religious sentiment were very common. It was an attempt to affirm our "national identity" in the face of a threat. That's why it became "ok" to "talk about god" so openly.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#563408 Nov 16, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
*Coffee out of nose*
Good one, mate
Eye wasn't going to say anything.

Location hidden

#563409 Nov 16, 2012
Coffee Freak wrote:
<quoted text>
The media plays a HUGE part in it. My Aunt (very religious) gave a lot of money to a tv evangelist years ago (I think it was Baker?) and it turned out he was a fake. I never heard of Pat Robertson (think that's a good thing). Doesn't he know that it states clearly in the Bible that he's "promoting" that it says "Judge lest you be judged"? tsk tsk....There sure are a lot of nut jobs out there.
How in the world have you not heard of pat robertson? He's a famous nutbag. He was the one who blamed the haiti disaster on voodoo and said that they deserved it.

Location hidden

#563411 Nov 16, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree with you. It's just sad how someone will use fear to get what they want.
Yep. And the thing is, that's probably the least effective strategy you could use if you're trying to convert someone to your way of thinking. People entrench their beliefs if someone threatens them.

Location hidden

#563412 Nov 16, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>How in the world have you not heard of pat robertson? He's a famous nutbag. He was the one who blamed the haiti disaster on voodoo and said that they deserved it.
His popularity sharply declined after that. I'm not surprised that he's falling out of public awareness.

Location hidden

#563413 Nov 16, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, the US was not founded on christian principles. The founders made several very clear statements to this effect - and they codified their belief in the separation of church and state in the constitution.
The US treaty with tripoli affirms this. It's publicly available for anyone interested in reading it. Google search it :)

Location hidden

#563414 Nov 16, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Or piss them all off. Make sure you finish with the strongest, biggest, nastiest god you can find.
Thor? Odin?
Cthulu!
I think Cthulu is a pretty safe bet, especially if worshiping him earns you goodwill with all of the Great Old Ones.

Location hidden

#563415 Nov 16, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
"The God that holds you over the pit of hell, much as one holds a spider, or some loathsome insect, over the fire, abhors you, and is dreadfully provoked; his wrath towards you burns like fire; he looks upon you as worthy of nothing else, but to be cast into the fire; he is of purer eyes than to bear to have you in his sight; you are ten thousand times so abominable in his eyes as the most hateful venomous serpent is in ours."
-Jonathan Edwards “Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God”(1741)
Jesus told us to spread the Good News. He told us that people would know us by our love for one another. Jesus was a man of forgiveness, peace, compassion, non-violence – love. When asked what God the Father was like, he told his disciples that because they knew him they would know the Father, that they could see the Father by seeing him.
What is this fear stuff and why?
I dunno, the people spouting off all the fire and brimstone crap are probably terrified themselves. Maybe it makes them feel better, reaffirms their beliefs.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#563416 Nov 16, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you hate single parents and love to degrade women. Good to know.
She will deny it but the consensus is that is out beloved patty yellodog so her hateful attitude is expected

Location hidden

#563417 Nov 16, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
His popularity sharply declined after that. I'm not surprised that he's falling out of public awareness.
There will always be a market for old crazy people.

"Nobody ever lost a dollar by underestimating the taste of the American public." - supposedly PT Barnum

#563418 Nov 16, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Eye wasn't going to say anything.
On a tangent, ever squirt water/milk from your eye?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#563419 Nov 16, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
-Jonathan Edwards “Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God”(1741)
Jesus told us to spread the Good News. He told us that people would know us by our love for one another. Jesus was a man of forgiveness, peace, compassion, non-violence – love. When asked what God the Father was like, he told his disciples that because they knew him they would know the Father, that they could see the Father by seeing him.
What is this fear stuff and why?
.. morning, handsome. The bible is a riddle, yes it is, something to frolic with mentally, savor, enjoy and ponder. And, best of all, it's philosophical, a means to interpret and understand the world, the people within ..

.. did you know philosophy is defined as the love of wisdom, derived from the two Greek words, "philia," (love) and "sophos" (wisdom). You probably do, you're rather wise. If the bible contains the teachings of Jesus, he was somewhat of a mystical philosopher ..

.. because we know you, we know God. If we read your posts without bias, we see your love for humanity, your wisdom. We also see the Father within you. Christianity has made you a better person, someone ready to teach love and wisdom ..

.. do you see the Father within me, Scar, Catcher or other posters on Topix ??..

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#563420 Nov 16, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
.. DF is most humble ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min Holy Pure dr Shrink 601,145
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Regina 542,937
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min RADEKT 259,626
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 4 min manish sony 876
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min HipGnosis 173,769
Enabling Telepathic Communication With-In One Mind 22 min Infinite Force 4
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 227,708
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr Azphene 154

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••