|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Of course, not everyone will be excited to hear more "Merry Christmas" greetings this season. One in three respondents who identified themselves as Jewish (32%) said they were upset by hearing "Merry Christmas" as were 10% of those of non-Christian faiths or who did not identify themselves with a religion. Democrats are more likely to take offense at "Merry Christmas" (8%) compared with fewer than 1% of Republicans and 1% of Independents"
lol, from your link...
As Christmas is a national holiday & a Christian tradition and America is 75% Christian, then I'd say yes: trying to remove is a "war on Christmas".
The leftover 25% that are not Christians are a mix of religions, agnostics & atheists. Why should we remove "Merry Christmas" to suit the minority of the people?
Completely agree! People are Offended...oooooo! Welcome to the United States of America, people. If you don't like the way we run things here, feel free to leave anytime.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
that they are. I always tried not to get involved with them.
So...I haven't met you. Please...tell me a little about yourself. I'm too lazy to go back and read all your posts to find out where you stand in this "Prove there's a God" debate and I hate making assumptions. I already did that earlier on RR...and now I'm feeling guilty about it. It's really not my style! I was just having a moment.
I'm a filthy evolutionist.
endtime

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll poke you in your third eye!
I'll punch you in your aura!
The Chinese hell of being boiled alive awaits you!
You're going to be a serving boy at the dinner table of the Norse Gods forever!
Evil sorcery is going to make termites eat your house and...one day...it will collapse on you at a time determined by the spirits!
Allah will torture you forever!
Ooooooohhhhh, sooooo very, very scarrrrry.
I bet you're losing all kinds of sleep over the worry that you might just get the one true god wrong.
Yeah, totally. I've been thinking I should cover my bases and just worship one god a year for the rest of my life. That should ensure my salvation, right?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a filthy evolutionist.
And Tim's a good guy too, Truth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

S happens wrote:
Well, the best reason to believe God exist/ We can kill very easy, but no one can give life. Not the smartest scientist in the world. We can mix every chemical found in the living organism...but can't make it live. Also, someone is driving this world into the ground...our smartest economist can not figure out why everything is collapsing...nothing working. God stated that in the endtimes men would be confounded not able to understand even the simple things no matter how educated they become. Think we are there...watch the economy of the US follow that of Greece, Spain, Italy, and others...to total collapse.
I bet people were *freaking* out when rome fell, too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Coffee Freak wrote:
<quoted text>
So, who thinks I'm clueless as to what I originally wrote? Instead of judging anonymously, write something you cowards. That's ok, though. God is the only one whose judgement counts anyway.
Then why are you throwing a fit about random judgeits that no one cares about? A troll may have disliked what you had to say, or maybe someone truly thought you were being stupid. Either way, so what?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope his children are safe.
Likewise. I'm concerned about eagle. He mentioned he was going to help his grandaughter with her evolution homework.

“I speak my mind”

It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Coffee Freak wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think calling someone a coward is bad. Please refresh me how I spoke to His people in a bad way. However, I am glad that you had the courage to speak your mind. I respect you for that. I will be judged just like everyone else. I never said anything bad about anyone and trust me, God probably agrees with me after some of the things I just read on Topix.
I ask that question so you'd have the opportunity to question yourself. When I was a kid I heard a gospel group singing at a fair. I wasn't actually there to see them, they just happened to be singing on a nearby stage. The song they were singing stuck with me...particularly these words..."If Jesus came to your house...tell me what would He say..." I firmly believe the reason people reject God is solely the fault of hypocritical Christians. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not calling you a hypocrite. I just believe that Jesus taught love...and that love of others...particularly the unbelievers...is what drew them to Him. He didn't condemn and name call...He was to the point...but did so with love. On this forum, you will consistently see proclaimed Christians taking joy in the idea that the atheist will burn in hell. That is not love. As a matter of fact, it directly contradicts everything Jesus taught. I think if Christians spent more time paying attention to how Jesus might view their own words and actions...they might be more apt to adequately represent the God of love they claim to serve. Just sayin!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, Catcher is a pretty swell guy as well.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a filthy evolutionist.
<covers eyes and shakes head>

Oh No..don't say it!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Doctor REALITY wrote:
There are BILLIONS of lifeforms on earth. Therefore it's IMPOSSIBLE for God to not be REAL.
Wow!! What a Revelation!! How does billions of lifeforms on earth have anything whatsoever to do with making a mythical character into reality? It would seem that the billions of lifeforms on earth have kind of developed without any outside interference other than nature, climate, food supply, etc.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask that question so you'd have the opportunity to question yourself. When I was a kid I heard a gospel group singing at a fair. I wasn't actually there to see them, they just happened to be singing on a nearby stage. The song they were singing stuck with me...particularly these words..."If Jesus came to your house...tell me what would He say..." I firmly believe the reason people reject God is solely the fault of hypocritical Christians. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not calling you a hypocrite. I just believe that Jesus taught love...and that love of others...particularly the unbelievers...is what drew them to Him. He didn't condemn and name call...He was to the point...but did so with love. On this forum, you will consistently see proclaimed Christians taking joy in the idea that the atheist will burn in hell. That is not love. As a matter of fact, it directly contradicts everything Jesus taught. I think if Christians spent more time paying attention to how Jesus might view their own words and actions...they might be more apt to adequately represent the God of love they claim to serve. Just sayin!
Very true. A much more compelling argument for christianity, at least for me, is to see someone who appears truly happy and fulfilled by their religion. It wouldn't make me believe in their god, but it might make me consider their way of life. A lot of the people on here seem to think that fear mongering is the best way to get people's attention.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!! What a Revelation!! How does billions of lifeforms on earth have anything whatsoever to do with making a mythical character into reality? It would seem that the billions of lifeforms on earth have kind of developed without any outside interference other than nature, climate, food supply, etc.
Didn't you read what he wrote? BILLIONS! It's.. so obvious now...

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yay! I adore the good guys! But a filthy evolutionist good guy....oh geez...I hope he can agree to disagree. Most of ya'll seem to put up with me...perhaps he will too!

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Likewise. I'm concerned about eagle. He mentioned he was going to help his grandaughter with her evolution homework.
Those poor kids.

Hopefully they see eagle for what he is.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Coffee Freak wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely agree! People are Offended...oooooo! Welcome to the United States of America, people. If you don't like the way we run things here, feel free to leave anytime.
What makes you think that you're running anything?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those poor kids.
Hopefully they see eagle for what he is.
...a disgruntled crow.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Very true. A much more compelling argument for christianity, at least for me, is to see someone who appears truly happy and fulfilled by their religion. It wouldn't make me believe in their god, but it might make me consider their way of life. A lot of the people on here seem to think that fear mongering is the best way to get people's attention.
Yes...and I think it's vile and it makes me cringe every time I see or hear it. I don't want my children to love me because they're afraid not to. That's not real love, I prefer they love me, because I have loved and shown them how to love. I believe that's what Jesus taught.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Then why are you throwing a fit about random judgeits that no one cares about? A troll may have disliked what you had to say, or maybe someone truly thought you were being stupid. Either way, so what?
Just was venting. At that particular time, I was buggin' about things in my own life. Thanks for bringing me back. You're right. Who cares? I just wanted those people to comment instead of judging me as "nuts", "spam", etc. Obviously, in the end, it doesn't matter. Peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 534,961 - 534,980 of715,736
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

422 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
How 'the Decision 2' should be different for Le... 6 min Doctor REALITY 1
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 14 min Life is Precious 221,359
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min JudgeNJury 255,492
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 47 min Epiphany2 598,701
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 55 min Hidingfromyou 222,987
loan shark needed 1 hr Benson 4
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr pusherman_ 529,591
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr ocxz 114,504
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Jennifer 93,107
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 14 hr Carly 107
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••