Prove there's a god.
knowledge

Kamloops, Canada

#563516 Nov 16, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
come on i thought you were a bit smarter than most of these yahoos on here, where did my post say i 'hated' single parents? it did not.
i said the womens lib movement brought women to this point in history where they prefer to work rather than raise their children as a stay home mom or dad.
and when women develope the ATTITUDE they don't 'need' a structured family unit, they often find themselves with no financial support by a husband. Its sad, my heart goes out to them.
it would be a very hard way to survive.
If a child could pick and choose they would opt for a mom and dad over anything else, if they had the choice that is.
I don't hate anyone.
you despise all those who do not affirm your belief that you are consort to jesus the christ.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#563517 Nov 16, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
66 is young too Boooots! How ya been darling?
Good hon, after that thing with the ex-CIA director I am a bit more encourage about 65 with 40, although I won't get the chance since I won't leave my wife for another woman, and the chances aren't good that she will do what my most recent previous partner did, and kick me out for another man. But when my 35 year old sister married a 60 year old man, he is still working at nearly 81, and right now just barely arrived in Hongkong to visit some of his siblings there, plays tennis several times a week, etc., one can always imagine. My first and 2nd wives are a few weeks apart in age and less than a year younger than me, while my middle partner was 5 years younger than me.

I think that CIA guy was a bit foolish though, to have a high profile job, after many other high profile jobs, and then go and blow it by carelessness with his mistresses. I guess we old guys sometime forget when a young woman comes along, what we are suppose to be doing in the rest of our life. Perhaps he should have taken some advice from Clinton on how to be the top dog and still have other women.

Getting a bit frustrated on here with all the deception, or bad attempts at deception, that have been happening lately. I tend to be too honest, which hasn't always panned out well for me, and tend to trust others that are obviously not trustworthy.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#563518 Nov 16, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is...but having a healthy respect for the human condition and a love for your enemies is kinda two different things all together. Seriously, do you think you have it in you to love selflessly, sacrificially, and unconditionally?
If you could clarify what "love for your enemies" entails, I'll be able to comment on that. I don't currently have any enemies. I don't think I ever did.

You can use the word "love" in many ways, and to varying extents. You might also have different definitions for "enemy". You might treat one enemy differently than another based on their behavior. Some enemies just have cross purposes, and would rather not harm each other, but don't see a choice. Some enemies want ONLY to hurt other people. My basic affection for mankind extends to all of mankind. I must have a reason to alter that affection as it applies to individuals or groups.

As for your question...

Yes, as much as anyone can, I suspect.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#563519 Nov 16, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
HOT ALERT!!!
r u legal?;)
Somebody get the hose!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#563520 Nov 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Kabong?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =AmemBa1HAzUXX
Ohyeah.

The Borderland of Sol

#563521 Nov 16, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries! I think we'll get along just fine! So...whatcha got for me today? Loved the last poem!
Hmm.

"Good people all, of every sort,
Give ear unto my song;
And if you find it wondrous short,
It cannot hold you long.

In Islington there was a man,
Of whom the world might say
That still a godly race he ran,
Whene'er he went to pray.

A kind and gentle heart he had,
To comfort friends and foes;
The naked every day he clad,
When he put on his clothes.

And in that town a dog was found,
As many dogs there be,
Both mongrel, puppy, whelp and hound,
And curs of low degree.

This dog and man at first were friends;
But when a pique began,
The dog, to gain some private ends,
Went mad and bit the man.

Around from all the neighbouring streets
The wondering neighbours ran,
And swore the dog had lost his wits,
To bite so good a man.

The wound it seemed both sore and sad
To every Christian eye;
And while they swore the dog was mad,
They swore the man would die.

But soon a wonder came to light,
That showed the rogues they lied:
The man recovered of the bite,
The dog it was that died."

Oliver Goldsmith, no less. "Elegy on the Death of a Mad Dog".

Who says poetry isn't fun?

The Borderland of Sol

#563522 Nov 16, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clarence Darrow: "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Following 71 years of marriage:

"I never once considered divorce. Murder, yes, but never divorce."

Attributed to Frances Ellis.

The Borderland of Sol

#563523 Nov 16, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lincoln: "He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know."
Sam Clemens: "Some people can stay longer in an afternoon than others do in a whole week."
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#563524 Nov 16, 2012
The best boss the Six Million Dollar Man could have hoped for.

Oh, hang on a minute...
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm.
Give ear unto my song;
It cannot hold you long.
As many dogs there be,
And curs of low degree.
But when a pique began,
To bite so good a man.
To every Christian eye;

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#563525 Nov 16, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I think Cthulu is a pretty safe bet, especially if worshiping him earns you goodwill with all of the Great Old Ones.
Naw, but on the bright side, Cthulhu will drive you insane before he decides to consume your soul, if you worship him. Otherwise, you get to feel every agonizing moment in his stomach acids.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#563526 Nov 16, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Sam Clemens: "Some people can stay longer in an afternoon than others do in a whole week."
Groucho Marx: "I've had a perfectly wonderful evening--but this wasn't it."

“I speak my mind”

It hurts to bite my tongue

#563527 Nov 16, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If my child is crossing a railroad track with a train barreling down the track, and the only way I can save him is to give up my own life, I know I would save him without thinking twice.
My wife? I'm not sure. My enemy, or even a stranger, or a friend, hey, let's be honest. So unless love is some sort of a "feeling" but without consequences....
Catcher!!! Oh my gosh...you wouldn't save your wife?
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#563528 Nov 16, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Groucho Marx: "I've had a perfectly wonderful evening--but this wasn't it."

“I speak my mind”

#563529 Nov 16, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Good hon, after that thing with the ex-CIA director I am a bit more encourage about 65 with 40, although I won't get the chance since I won't leave my wife for another woman, and the chances aren't good that she will do what my most recent previous partner did, and kick me out for another man. But when my 35 year old sister married a 60 year old man, he is still working at nearly 81, and right now just barely arrived in Hongkong to visit some of his siblings there, plays tennis several times a week, etc., one can always imagine. My first and 2nd wives are a few weeks apart in age and less than a year younger than me, while my middle partner was 5 years younger than me.
I think that CIA guy was a bit foolish though, to have a high profile job, after many other high profile jobs, and then go and blow it by carelessness with his mistresses. I guess we old guys sometime forget when a young woman comes along, what we are suppose to be doing in the rest of our life. Perhaps he should have taken some advice from Clinton on how to be the top dog and still have other women.
Getting a bit frustrated on here with all the deception, or bad attempts at deception, that have been happening lately. I tend to be too honest, which hasn't always panned out well for me, and tend to trust others that are obviously not trustworthy.
It's good that you're trusting and honest, but on here...you really have to be cautious about how much information you give out and who you trust. As for Patraeus....yes...he was quite careless. If what we're hearing is all really true. it just seems a little strange to me...not the cheating...just the whole going public with it. I just find it all a little curious. But, when it comes to politics, I always have a conspiracy theory.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#563530 Nov 16, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good that you're trusting and honest, but on here...you really have to be cautious about how much information you give out and who you trust. As for Patraeus....yes...he was quite careless. If what we're hearing is all really true. it just seems a little strange to me...not the cheating...just the whole going public with it. I just find it all a little curious. But, when it comes to politics, I always have a conspiracy theory.
Well though many of the conspiracy theories are likely just theories, I think a good rule of thumb is that anything being reported by a government agency, or a large company, is only what those in charge 'want' people to know, rather than what might actually be the full truth.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#563531 Nov 16, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Well though many of the conspiracy theories are likely just theories, I think a good rule of thumb is that anything being reported by a government agency, or a large company, is only what those in charge 'want' people to know, rather than what might actually be the full truth.
Conspiracy theories are not theories, they are fables, tall tales out of control. They are just more religions, in other words.

The government hides things, would you announce to the neighborhood that you have a 45 in your bedroom and the safe combination is 429? I hope not.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#563532 Nov 16, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you'd think the director of the CIA would know how to keep a secret.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#563533 Nov 16, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>

Conspiracy is not theory.
Do you call the belief in little green men a theory?
Conspiracy is unsubstantiated BS. If there were evidence of these things , they wouldn't be a conspiracy.

“I speak my mind”

#563534 Nov 16, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm.
Give ear unto my song;
It cannot hold you long.
As many dogs there be,
And curs of low degree.
But when a pique began,
To bite so good a man.
To every Christian eye;
Cute! So cute!

“I speak my mind”

#563535 Nov 16, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
If you could clarify what "love for your enemies" entails, I'll be able to comment on that. I don't currently have any enemies. I don't think I ever did.
You can use the word "love" in many ways, and to varying extents. You might also have different definitions for "enemy". You might treat one enemy differently than another based on their behavior. Some enemies just have cross purposes, and would rather not harm each other, but don't see a choice. Some enemies want ONLY to hurt other people. My basic affection for mankind extends to all of mankind. I must have a reason to alter that affection as it applies to individuals or groups.
As for your question...
Yes, as much as anyone can, I suspect.
well, not necessarily an enemy...I use the word loosely. Could be anyone who does something either directly or indirectly that effects you in a negative way. Ex: A complete stranger is recklessly driving near your home. He hits and kills your dog, then continues to drive away. Could you love and have compassion for this man?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min RiccardoFire 100,567
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Michael 595,593
Can anyone tell me anything about Tavis Amezcua? (Oct '12) 8 min QWERTY11 2
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 10 min RiccardoFire 5,754
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 min UnderstandPeople 444,012
The Christian Atheist debate 15 min -Alan S Shole- 722
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min Name appears on post 612,576
More from around the web