DNF

“Judge more and you love less”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH-Baltimore MD-S.Fla

#563282 Nov 15, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
They are equally denied the right to marry a person of their own gender.
Except that isn't the case in D.C, MA, MD, WA, and the rest of the States that passed SSM.
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>It's either gender discrimination or sexual orientation discrimination. Sexual orientation isn't in the law anywhere. Lesbians can marry dudes all they want in any State. They just can't marry women in some States, where men can marry women. They are denied on the basis of gender, and nothing else.
I'm glad you pointed this out. It all boils down to discrimination against U.S. citizens which violates Amendment 9 and 14.

BTW it's also religious discrimination. If the government won't recognize marriages from the same church that allows both SSM and heterosexual marriage, it's religious discrimination.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#563283 Nov 15, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, the word god carries with it a certain implication. Singularity just means "event horizon," and doesn't really describe or imply anything about the beginning other than the fact that we don't know anything about it; the word god, on the other hand, implies a deity of some sort who caused the beginning. There's a difference.
Nvm, I thought based on your convo you were talking about "the unknown" right around t=0.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#563284 Nov 15, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is for most guys ;)
I don't get it! But, yeah...I think you're right! Lol....Men!

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#563285 Nov 15, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Haha it's ok the trolls are a persistent bunch.
that they are. I always tried not to get involved with them.

So...I haven't met you. Please...tell me a little about yourself. I'm too lazy to go back and read all your posts to find out where you stand in this "Prove there's a God" debate and I hate making assumptions. I already did that earlier on RR...and now I'm feeling guilty about it. It's really not my style! I was just having a moment.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#563287 Nov 15, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
let me break this down for you in simple terms:
God takes it VERY seriously that He sent His Son into this world.
This Son was largely rejected by humankind and hung to die on a cross.
those who reject Him and who consider His testimony a "silly book" become guilty of shedding His innocent blood.
It's a barbaric myth. Look at the crazy mental gymnastics you have to do!

1. God loves His Son
2. God sends His Son to get killed
3. God is now angry at the killers when it was God who made it all happen.

You are insane.

So...do I have rainbow underwear in your fantasies? Am I butch? Does the word "butch" even apply to gay men?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#563288 Nov 15, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i was talking to a devil who was taunting me through a person, i wasn't talking to a person. i don't condemn people, but devils have no Savior and are condemend already
Holy delusional batman!

You know people kill others believing that kind of nonsense? Freaky crazy scary mental issues you have, Yoda says.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#563289 Nov 15, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's so cute when mentally ill people use religion to explain their delusions.
I hope his children are safe.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#563290 Nov 15, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll even get you a titanium hammer.
Thanks, but that's too light. I need something with real weight so that when I swing, there's no coming back.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#563291 Nov 15, 2012
Jehovah exsists and His creation proves it. Those who deny Him His right to rule....well...they only live 80 years at best. Gone with the wind, are the dis-believers. Man will never fully understand the perfect creation that He formed for our enjoyment. No snowflake is ever duplicated..they are all unique. Go and dis-allow His Creatorship...you only live a short time on this earth.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#563292 Nov 15, 2012
The GIoop wrote:
Nah
Gloop!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#563293 Nov 15, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
so ugly when spiritually dead people hate others for wanting to live
No kidding! Please stop hating others.

Confession is good for the soul - I'm glad to see you on the right path to spirituality. Now, how are you going to work through your very serious issues?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#563294 Nov 15, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text> Hate to break it to ya but you told me that you always would trust poly over yourself in matters of Physics. Well poly agrese with me that there is no way to even approach t=0 mathematically or philosophically or any other way you can think of. I'm not minimizing the science that you specialize in but you're way out of your comfort and confidence zone talking like that about physics.
hahaha, Pokay, no worries! Anthropology cannot speak to any of these issues, except to look how we frame them in a Western cultural sense.

Right, though - Poly did say we can't do time 0. What about speculative models that have no time in them? Is that not possible?
Quantum instability models have nothing to do with t=0. And I don't care what you say, there is nothing that we can say about t=0 that would be any more useful than saying Goddidit.
Ok
You were more honest than he when you admitted/agreed that a particle forming from nothing must actually be forming from something. IOW the 'nothing' that is used to describe virtual particle origin/oscillation must technically be something.
<quoted text>I'm not saying models are worthless, I'm sying they cannot be used to even speculate on t=0. It's basically a no-man's land until something might come along in the future to help us along. That's not to say there isn't speculation and numerous big crunch and big bang "theories" like the Omega theory of perpetual contraction and expansion.
But some theories offer speculative extrapolations on it, yes? Like the one you just mentioned and the inflationary models of the universe, especially the ones that predict a multiverse - or that whacky one that predicts all possible universes.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#563295 Nov 15, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well at least a woman has ample opportunity to marry & control a mormon priest since they can have like a gaggle of wives. you could always subvert the priesthood that way......
Waaaasssuuup..."control " is not equivalent to "love."

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#563296 Nov 15, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. hi ya, Waaasssuuup. I'm really a male homosexual so will you stop posting this type of trash to me ??..
You mean we were both faking it?!? Here I was going to confess to you over dinner. That you were the one lesbian woman who could turn me into a little straight Japanese girl with your powerful magic.

Ah, well, let's hit the discos!

(is that word still used in English?)

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#563297 Nov 15, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Stop threatening me with your god. You're making yourself look dumb.
I'll poke you in your third eye!
I'll punch you in your aura!
The Chinese hell of being boiled alive awaits you!
You're going to be a serving boy at the dinner table of the Norse Gods forever!
Evil sorcery is going to make termites eat your house and...one day...it will collapse on you at a time determined by the spirits!
Allah will torture you forever!

Ooooooohhhhh, sooooo very, very scarrrrry.

I bet you're losing all kinds of sleep over the worry that you might just get the one true god wrong.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#563298 Nov 15, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Actually I would feel more comfortable placing "singularity" on the money and calling the seed of the universe "God". But I understand what you are trying to say. While the two words may not be exactly equivalent, we are STILL no better off if we call t=0 God or "singularity".
Let's pretend that "God" or something equivalent "started" the universe. What does the universe around us tell us about that "God"?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#563299 Nov 15, 2012
Pokay wrote:
Catcher, Hiding and nano all talking nicely? Did you three smoke a doob together? Big changes going on here, "everything is so greeeeen...."
Nano and I are getting along because we are both super nice people who just wants the other to be happy. I have finally realized how awful I am as a person and that I take my bad days out on her, and that she's really just out for my own best interests. So from now on, I'm just going to be super nice to her wise words whenever I can.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#563300 Nov 15, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Sure but I don't think you understand. We don't know if matter was "created" at or before t=0 or if it was simply placed into motion, IOW we don't know if there was a such thing as 'time' at t=0 or prior. That's why we cannot get a handle on it. That's why we cannot even guess; well we can guess but we have no way of verifying the likelihood of any guess, therefore you'll have to accept that 'Goddidit' is as good as any guess and better than guessing that unicorns had something to do with it.
Well, we know matter did not exist at t=0, since matter is a function of space/time. No time, no matter.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#563301 Nov 15, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if I want to be un-confused, I'll PM some hot, young stud like DF or TIDE ..
.. if I want to be un-confused and educated, I'll PM some middle-age man with class like SCAR or CATCHER ..
.. if I want to be un-confused, educated and guided, I'll PM some older man like MAC or AERO ..
.. if I want to be totally confused, brainwashed and led into a life based on lies, I'll PM a born-again Christian man suffering from dementia ..
.. in the meantime, I'll stay confused with River Tam & HFY ..
Wow - brilliant! Well said.
Doctor REALITY

Hot Springs Village, AR

#563302 Nov 15, 2012
There are BILLIONS of lifeforms on earth. Therefore it's IMPOSSIBLE for God to not be REAL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Catholic Girl 558,859
bless the jews (Nov '08) 21 min menorah 7,051
Moses never existed 28 min bacon hater 720
17 Year Old Young Blackman Hanged In Bladenboro... 32 min Marty Fong 4
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 33 min royal kannadiga 1,240
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 37 min bacon hater 96,712
Emirgan Profilo Poligon Hisar 299 I5 34 Profilo... 39 min tenzanen 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 39 min HipGnosis 175,511
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 52 min Epiphany2 604,744
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 57 min Rick in Kansas 264,982
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Dolphin 441,751
More from around the web