Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you say that, you peddle 'womens lib' as the best thing that ever happened to women, but there is now more women than ever before in history, having to raise children ALONE, and battle for child support so that they can 'be equal to men'.
we are not equal to men, nor they to us.
there is a reason for masculin and femine.
I never did understand the thought process of any woman who would rather go off to war than to stay home and take care of her children.
So, you hate single parents and love to degrade women. Good to know.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a start.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimination_a...
"Army Chaplains Deny Soldier Right to Identify as Humanist"
http://militaryatheists.org/news/2012/01/army...
"State Constitutions That Discriminate Against Atheists"
http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/StateConsti...
"Politician denied office for being atheist -
Cecil Bothwell was democratically elected to the City Council in Asheville last month but he's barred from holding office. The reason: Bothwell does not believe in God."
http://usatheists.blogspot.com/2009/12/politi...
"From the Basilica on God Quad to the chapels in every residence hall to the crucifixes in every classroom, the University's Catholic identity is not easily missed. Not all Notre Dame students, however, share that identity." http://www.ndsmcobserver.com/news/atheist-gro...
The above are representative of the problem, but there are many other instances.
I don't know what to say. I didn't know that was going on.

If we work together, we can change the laws for the better. America enjoys her freedom of religion. Which also means we all the right to NOT have a religion, too....

For the record, I respect your right to not believe.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
let me break this down for you in simple terms:
God takes it VERY seriously that He sent His Son into this world.
This Son was largely rejected by humankind and hung to die on a cross.
those who reject Him and who consider His testimony a "silly book" become guilty of shedding His innocent blood.
as for the gay remark - i got it on good word that you've been exposed a homosexual male posing as woman. you tell me emphatically that you're not & i'll consider it:)
Wasn't the intention for "his son" to be executed all along?

Do you think that quoting dogma from your religion is an effective strategy?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i was talking to a devil who was taunting me through a person, i wasn't talking to a person. i don't condemn people, but devils have no Savior and are condemend already
It's so cute when mentally ill people use religion to explain their delusions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Botz r us wrote:
<quoted text>
shut up patty you mad old bat
That still isn't clear.
What do ya mean by good job, too?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you say that, you peddle 'womens lib' as the best thing that ever happened to women, but there is now more women than ever before in history, having to raise children ALONE, and battle for child support so that they can 'be equal to men'.
we are not equal to men, nor they to us.
there is a reason for masculin and femine.
I never did understand the thought process of any woman who would rather go off to war than to stay home and take care of her children.
I don't peddle anything. Women's liberation simply means that women should be as free and as liberated as men are which legally, means to be treated equally under the law.

Having to raise children alone has nothing to do with equal rights and equal treatment under the law and there are many reasons as to why there are so many single parents today and btw, many of those single parents are MEN raising their children ALONE.

We ARE equal under the LAW- or at least we should be and ideally, we are despite people who violate those laws.

Really? I never understood the thought process of ANYONE who would willingly go off to war, and in addition, not every woman has children.

But apparently, you find it okay for MEN to willingly go off to war and who would rather do so than stay home and take care of their children.

You whine about single mothers, yet you're fine with them being "single" and having to raise their children ALONE while the fathers of those children willingly go off to war.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinions....
Mere opinions.
If God had a name, what would it be
And would you call it to his face
If you were faced with him in all his glory
What would you ask if you had just one question

And yeah yeah God is great yeah yeah God is good
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if God was one of us
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make his way home

If God had a face what would it look like
And would you want to see
If seeing meant that you would have to believe
In things like heaven and in jesus and the saints and all the prophets

And yeah yeah god is great yeah yeah god is good
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

He's trying to make his way home
Back up to heaven all alone
Nobody calling on the phone
Except for the pope maybe in rome

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if god was one of us
Just trying to make his way home
Like a holy rolling stone

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/onehitwonders/i...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I don't peddle anything. Women's liberation simply means that women should be as free and as liberated as men are which legally, means to be treated equally under the law.
You are.

So quit bitching about it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>
If God had a name, what would it be
And would you call it to his face
If you were faced with him in all his glory
What would you ask if you had just one question
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
If God had a face what would it look like
And would you want to see
If seeing meant that you would have to believe
In things like heaven and in jesus and the saints and all the prophets
And yeah yeah god is great yeah yeah god is good
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
He's trying to make his way home
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
What if god was one of us
Like a holy rolling stone
source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/onehitwonders/i...
That was funny when Jim Carrey did it on Bruce Almighty :)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You are.
So quit bitching about it.
For the most part, but not totally and not all the time and not in all ways.

So shut your mouth until when and IF you know what you're talking about.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>For the most part, but not totally and not all the time and not in all ways.
So shut your mouth until when and IF you know what you're talking about.
Give me one example of a right that men have that women don't.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay......here is an example of a violation of an equal right:

In many jobs for the same job and the same work, women are not paid the same or equally to men- meaning they are paid less than men for the same job and the same work.

Yes- women have the legal right to be paid the same as men are; however, that right is violated by many businesses.

So okay....I'll concede that women have the same rights and the legal right to be treated equally under the law; however, violation of that law is quite rampant.

I'm sure you'll scoff at that so I won't waste my time posting sources and articles for you to back up the fact that in the USA women are paid less than men and all too often for the same job and the same work involved.

So while it's fair enough to say that women have the same rights as men, it is also fair to say that those rights are violated and as a result of gender discrimination.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Okay......here is an example of a violation of an equal right:
In many jobs for the same job and the same work, women are not paid the same or equally to men- meaning they are paid less than men for the same job and the same work.
Yes- women have the legal right to be paid the same as men are; however, that right is violated by many businesses.
So okay....I'll concede that women have the same rights and the legal right to be treated equally under the law; however, violation of that law is quite rampant.
I'm sure you'll scoff at that so I won't waste my time posting sources and articles for you to back up the fact that in the USA women are paid less than men and all too often for the same job and the same work involved.
So while it's fair enough to say that women have the same rights as men, it is also fair to say that those rights are violated and as a result of gender discrimination.
I know you were gonna use that...

Ya know, the only real "right" we Americans have as far as how much we are paid is the federal minimum wage....

If some women are getting paid less, you could call that favoritism but not an equal rights debate.

Again, ONE right that women don't have that men do? Just one??

---

I thank you for not quoting & posting links. I wanna hear what you have to say, not what you Google. You respectfully asked me to not use to re-quote feature with you and I have done so. I respectfully ask you to limit your use of quoting & pasting links unless its called for.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

On a side note, did ya notice the story about Denny's raising their price 5% to cover their Obamacare costs?

That's a perfect example of what I've been saying. That the rich aren't gonna pay for it on the long run, everyone else will.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you were gonna use that...
Ya know, the only real "right" we Americans have as far as how much we are paid is the federal minimum wage....
If some women are getting paid less, you could call that favoritism but not an equal rights debate.
Again, ONE right that women don't have that men do? Just one??
---
I thank you for not quoting & posting links. I wanna hear what you have to say, not what you Google. You respectfully asked me to not use to re-quote feature with you and I have done so. I respectfully ask you to limit your use of quoting & pasting links unless its called for.
I'll thank you for reading posts in their entirety if you are capable of doing so.

From the post to which you are responding, I wrote:

So since I already conceded that women have the same rights as men, why are you asking me to name one right that men have that women don't?

BTW, it is gender discrimination to pay a man more than a woman for the same job and the same work with minimum wage having nothing to do with it and such discrimination is not simply "favoritism"- it is discrimination and as such is in violation of the law.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
On a side note, did ya notice the story about Denny's raising their price 5% to cover their Obamacare costs?
That's a perfect example of what I've been saying. That the rich aren't gonna pay for it on the long run, everyone else will.
“People are trying to find ways to avoid the penalties and to avoid having to pay for ObamaCare,” John Metz told FoxNews.com .“Everyone’s looking for a way to not have to provide insurance for their employees. It’s essentially a huge tax on all us business people.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/15/florida-...

What a nice guy. Sounds more like a politically motivated attention grab than anything else to me. My opinion is that so called "conservative economics" is essentially "cheap labor" economics, and you can see it right there in that guys quote. He wants to have cheap employees - he doesn't think they should have health insurance unless they pay for it with their tiny salaries. The entire system that rich conservatives desire is predicated on wage slavery - they want all the safety nets, benefits, and labor unions liquidated, therefore shifting the power completely to their side. Under such a lopsided system, people will have no choice but to take whatever their rich boss gives them. It's really stupid.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you have pink Hello Kitty band-aids, I'll be your carpenter's helper!
I'll even get you a titanium hammer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I'll thank you for reading posts in their entirety if you are capable of doing so.
From the post to which you are responding, I wrote:
So since I already conceded that women have the same rights as men, why are you asking me to name one right that men have that women don't?
BTW, it is gender discrimination to pay a man more than a woman for the same job and the same work with minimum wage having nothing to do with it and such discrimination is not simply "favoritism"- it is discrimination and as such is in violation of the law.
As a former business owner in "doing construction", I hired a few women. Honestly very few women ever applied but I did hire them.

I always hire then at the same pay as the guys,$8/hr. their raises however depended on work performance which they greatly lacked.

I had guys working for me at $25/hr & girls at $8. Although they had the same job title, they certainly didn't do the same job or have the same amount of work to do. The guys always outperformed the girls, so I paid them more.

Would you say that was discrimination?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the priesthood ..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>“People are trying to find ways to avoid the penalties and to avoid having to pay for ObamaCare,” John Metz told FoxNews.com .“Everyone’s looking for a way to not have to provide insurance for their employees. It’s essentially a huge tax on all us business people.”
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/15/florida-...
What a nice guy. Sounds more like a politically motivated attention grab than anything else to me. My opinion is that so called "conservative economics" is essentially "cheap labor" economics, and you can see it right there in that guys quote. He wants to have cheap employees - he doesn't think they should have health insurance unless they pay for it with their tiny salaries. The entire system that rich conservatives desire is predicated on wage slavery - they want all the safety nets, benefits, and labor unions liquidated, therefore shifting the power completely to their side. Under such a lopsided system, people will have no choice but to take whatever their rich boss gives them. It's really stupid.
I see it as the liberals are trying their best to keep people dependant on government aid. If they keep them dependant, they'll be more likely to get re-elected & keep their high salaries.

The stupid thing is, 50% of America falls right into the trap.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 534,841 - 534,860 of716,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

627 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 min RFD 1,403
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min waaasssuuup 223,137
loan shark needed 4 min Josh 5
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min HipGnozizzz 171,436
private money lender in glasgow/south lanarkshi... (Feb '13) 17 min Josh 64
Sarah Palin: 'It's Time to Impeach' 33 min Xavier Breath 7
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 37 min Rider on the Storm 598,726
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min Liam 529,852
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 255,652
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr Liz 61
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••