|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Okay......here is an example of a violation of an equal right:
In many jobs for the same job and the same work, women are not paid the same or equally to men- meaning they are paid less than men for the same job and the same work.
Yes- women have the legal right to be paid the same as men are; however, that right is violated by many businesses.
So okay....I'll concede that women have the same rights and the legal right to be treated equally under the law; however, violation of that law is quite rampant.
I'm sure you'll scoff at that so I won't waste my time posting sources and articles for you to back up the fact that in the USA women are paid less than men and all too often for the same job and the same work involved.
So while it's fair enough to say that women have the same rights as men, it is also fair to say that those rights are violated and as a result of gender discrimination.
I know you were gonna use that...

Ya know, the only real "right" we Americans have as far as how much we are paid is the federal minimum wage....

If some women are getting paid less, you could call that favoritism but not an equal rights debate.

Again, ONE right that women don't have that men do? Just one??

---

I thank you for not quoting & posting links. I wanna hear what you have to say, not what you Google. You respectfully asked me to not use to re-quote feature with you and I have done so. I respectfully ask you to limit your use of quoting & pasting links unless its called for.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

On a side note, did ya notice the story about Denny's raising their price 5% to cover their Obamacare costs?

That's a perfect example of what I've been saying. That the rich aren't gonna pay for it on the long run, everyone else will.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you were gonna use that...
Ya know, the only real "right" we Americans have as far as how much we are paid is the federal minimum wage....
If some women are getting paid less, you could call that favoritism but not an equal rights debate.
Again, ONE right that women don't have that men do? Just one??
---
I thank you for not quoting & posting links. I wanna hear what you have to say, not what you Google. You respectfully asked me to not use to re-quote feature with you and I have done so. I respectfully ask you to limit your use of quoting & pasting links unless its called for.
I'll thank you for reading posts in their entirety if you are capable of doing so.

From the post to which you are responding, I wrote:

So okay....I'll concede that women have the same rights and the legal right to be treated equally under the law; however, violation of that law is quite rampant.

So since I already conceded that women have the same rights as men, why are you asking me to name one right that men have that women don't?

BTW, it is gender discrimination to pay a man more than a woman for the same job and the same work with minimum wage having nothing to do with it and such discrimination is not simply "favoritism"- it is discrimination and as such is in violation of the law.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
On a side note, did ya notice the story about Denny's raising their price 5% to cover their Obamacare costs?
That's a perfect example of what I've been saying. That the rich aren't gonna pay for it on the long run, everyone else will.
“People are trying to find ways to avoid the penalties and to avoid having to pay for ObamaCare,” John Metz told FoxNews.com .“Everyone’s looking for a way to not have to provide insurance for their employees. It’s essentially a huge tax on all us business people.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/15/florida-...

What a nice guy. Sounds more like a politically motivated attention grab than anything else to me. My opinion is that so called "conservative economics" is essentially "cheap labor" economics, and you can see it right there in that guys quote. He wants to have cheap employees - he doesn't think they should have health insurance unless they pay for it with their tiny salaries. The entire system that rich conservatives desire is predicated on wage slavery - they want all the safety nets, benefits, and labor unions liquidated, therefore shifting the power completely to their side. Under such a lopsided system, people will have no choice but to take whatever their rich boss gives them. It's really stupid.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you have pink Hello Kitty band-aids, I'll be your carpenter's helper!
I'll even get you a titanium hammer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I'll thank you for reading posts in their entirety if you are capable of doing so.
From the post to which you are responding, I wrote:
So since I already conceded that women have the same rights as men, why are you asking me to name one right that men have that women don't?
BTW, it is gender discrimination to pay a man more than a woman for the same job and the same work with minimum wage having nothing to do with it and such discrimination is not simply "favoritism"- it is discrimination and as such is in violation of the law.
As a former business owner in "doing construction", I hired a few women. Honestly very few women ever applied but I did hire them.

I always hire then at the same pay as the guys,$8/hr. their raises however depended on work performance which they greatly lacked.

I had guys working for me at $25/hr & girls at $8. Although they had the same job title, they certainly didn't do the same job or have the same amount of work to do. The guys always outperformed the girls, so I paid them more.

Would you say that was discrimination?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me one example of a right that men have that women don't.
.. the priesthood ..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>“People are trying to find ways to avoid the penalties and to avoid having to pay for ObamaCare,” John Metz told FoxNews.com .“Everyone’s looking for a way to not have to provide insurance for their employees. It’s essentially a huge tax on all us business people.”
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/15/florida-...
What a nice guy. Sounds more like a politically motivated attention grab than anything else to me. My opinion is that so called "conservative economics" is essentially "cheap labor" economics, and you can see it right there in that guys quote. He wants to have cheap employees - he doesn't think they should have health insurance unless they pay for it with their tiny salaries. The entire system that rich conservatives desire is predicated on wage slavery - they want all the safety nets, benefits, and labor unions liquidated, therefore shifting the power completely to their side. Under such a lopsided system, people will have no choice but to take whatever their rich boss gives them. It's really stupid.
I see it as the liberals are trying their best to keep people dependant on government aid. If they keep them dependant, they'll be more likely to get re-elected & keep their high salaries.

The stupid thing is, 50% of America falls right into the trap.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the priesthood ..
That's not an American right.

Try again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll even get you a titanium hammer.
Take out the "anium" and get a pair :o

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
As a former business owner in "doing construction", I hired a few women. Honestly very few women ever applied but I did hire them.
I always hire then at the same pay as the guys,$8/hr. their raises however depended on work performance which they greatly lacked.
I had guys working for me at $25/hr & girls at $8. Although they had the same job title, they certainly didn't do the same job or have the same amount of work to do. The guys always outperformed the girls, so I paid them more.
I guess where I said the same pay for an equal job and equal work done got by you.

So obviously, if one employee is not doing the same amount of work as another employee or is not doing that work as well as another employee, obviously they won't be paid as much as the person who outperforms them and regardless of gender.

And no....that is not discrimination and that is not based on gender; I assume if one of the guys working for you didn't perform as well as or as skilled as the other guys, you wouldn't pay the guy who didn't do as much work or who didn't do the work as well as the other guys the same $25/hour, would you?

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me one example of a right that men have that women don't.
The right to marry a woman. That's only for the majority of the states though.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not enough information to determine if it was gender discrimination.

Your obvious gender prejudices make me skeptical.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Take out the "anium" and get a pair :o
Her perky pair is perfect.

I could buy her a sexy tool bra.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I see it as the liberals are trying their best to keep people dependant on government aid. If they keep them dependant, they'll be more likely to get re-elected & keep their high salaries.
The stupid thing is, 50% of America falls right into the trap.
That's nonsense, but it's another debate entirely. The whole red vs blue game that everyone wants to play is stupid. I'm not saying that everyone should get to sit on their ass all day and collect welfare - but I am saying that the labor pool should have just as much, if not more power than the people that are employing them. But the average rich conservative doesn't want that, because that would make it harder to get cheap labor, which is really all it comes down to. Why else would certain conservatives be against unions? Why would they be against the ability to strike? Why else would they be against benefits/unemployment and disability pay? Those things strengthen the labor pool, and weaken their ability to get cheap labor.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I guess where I said the same pay for an equal job and equal work done got by you.
So obviously, if one employee is not doing the same amount of work as another employee or is not doing that work as well as another employee, obviously they won't be paid as much as the person who outperforms them and regardless of gender.
And no....that is not discrimination and that is not based on gender; I assume if one of the guys working for you didn't perform as well as or as skilled as the other guys, you wouldn't pay the guy who didn't do as much work or who didn't do the work as well as the other guys the same $25/hour, would you?
Agreed.

Now my *opinion* is that a lot of women complain about the equal pay thing when in fact, they aren't doing the same amount of work, just have the same job title. Am I wrong?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The right to marry a woman. That's only for the majority of the states though.
Nope. Men and women have equal rights in that sense.

Try again?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not enough information to determine if it was gender discrimination.
Your obvious gender prejudices make me skeptical.
Fair enough.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not an American right.
Try again.
Then it's one of your 'god rights', and there are many things that your deity belief condones. Many of those things contradict the rights of an American.

Your beliefs concerning what it is you think your deity prefers, likes, commands or doesn't, do not supercede the rights of an American citizen. They don't.

As more people realize this simple fact, your religion will lose the power it sways in the United States.

Since: Sep 12

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

I miss the old days

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Stephania 599,719
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min WasteWater 257,733
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min CunningLinguist 226,129
Last Word + 2 13 min Doug77 477
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 15 min WasteWater 4,308
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 27 min WasteWater 94,595
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 34 min Gray 117,936
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min Seraphima 538,555
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 50 min Strength and Honor 173,251

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••