“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#563209 Nov 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
As a former business owner in "doing construction", I hired a few women. Honestly very few women ever applied but I did hire them.
I always hire then at the same pay as the guys,$8/hr. their raises however depended on work performance which they greatly lacked.
I had guys working for me at $25/hr & girls at $8. Although they had the same job title, they certainly didn't do the same job or have the same amount of work to do. The guys always outperformed the girls, so I paid them more.
Would you say that was discrimination?
That's not enough information to determine if it was gender discrimination.

Your obvious gender prejudices make me skeptical.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#563210 Nov 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Take out the "anium" and get a pair :o
Her perky pair is perfect.

I could buy her a sexy tool bra.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#563211 Nov 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I see it as the liberals are trying their best to keep people dependant on government aid. If they keep them dependant, they'll be more likely to get re-elected & keep their high salaries.
The stupid thing is, 50% of America falls right into the trap.
That's nonsense, but it's another debate entirely. The whole red vs blue game that everyone wants to play is stupid. I'm not saying that everyone should get to sit on their ass all day and collect welfare - but I am saying that the labor pool should have just as much, if not more power than the people that are employing them. But the average rich conservative doesn't want that, because that would make it harder to get cheap labor, which is really all it comes down to. Why else would certain conservatives be against unions? Why would they be against the ability to strike? Why else would they be against benefits/unemployment and disability pay? Those things strengthen the labor pool, and weaken their ability to get cheap labor.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#563212 Nov 15, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I guess where I said the same pay for an equal job and equal work done got by you.
So obviously, if one employee is not doing the same amount of work as another employee or is not doing that work as well as another employee, obviously they won't be paid as much as the person who outperforms them and regardless of gender.
And no....that is not discrimination and that is not based on gender; I assume if one of the guys working for you didn't perform as well as or as skilled as the other guys, you wouldn't pay the guy who didn't do as much work or who didn't do the work as well as the other guys the same $25/hour, would you?
Agreed.

Now my *opinion* is that a lot of women complain about the equal pay thing when in fact, they aren't doing the same amount of work, just have the same job title. Am I wrong?

Location hidden

#563213 Nov 15, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The right to marry a woman. That's only for the majority of the states though.
Nope. Men and women have equal rights in that sense.

Try again?

Location hidden

#563215 Nov 15, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not enough information to determine if it was gender discrimination.
Your obvious gender prejudices make me skeptical.
Fair enough.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#563216 Nov 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not an American right.
Try again.
Then it's one of your 'god rights', and there are many things that your deity belief condones. Many of those things contradict the rights of an American.

Your beliefs concerning what it is you think your deity prefers, likes, commands or doesn't, do not supercede the rights of an American citizen. They don't.

As more people realize this simple fact, your religion will lose the power it sways in the United States.

Since: Sep 12

#563217 Nov 15, 2012
I miss the old days

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#563218 Nov 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Now my *opinion* is that a lot of women complain about the equal pay thing when in fact, they aren't doing the same amount of work, just have the same job title. Am I wrong?
Yes, I think you are wrong.

Of course, I realize you obviously think women are opportunists as well and dishonest ones at that, which is in keeping with your faulty thinking that the gender as a whole is "devious".

I think most cases about pay discrimination are those that involve women doing the same exact job and the same exact work as men but for less money.

And I would imagine there are also cases involving those of the same gender where one man is being paid less than another man for the same work and where one woman is being paid less than another woman for the same work.

Gender should have no bearing on pay discrimination. If two PEOPLE are doing the same exact work and are equally productive, their pay should be equal in most cases....seniority may come into play as a factor, but other than that, it is wrong to pay one person less for doing the same exact job and doing it just as well as someone else who is paid more.

Location hidden

#563219 Nov 15, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Her perky pair is perfect.
I could buy her a sexy tool bra.
That might be a profitable business....

Location hidden

#563220 Nov 15, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>That's nonsense, but it's another debate entirely. The whole red vs blue game that everyone wants to play is stupid. I'm not saying that everyone should get to sit on their ass all day and collect welfare - but I am saying that the labor pool should have just as much, if not more power than the people that are employing them. But the average rich conservative doesn't want that, because that would make it harder to get cheap labor, which is really all it comes down to. Why else would certain conservatives be against unions? Why would they be against the ability to strike? Why else would they be against benefits/unemployment and disability pay? Those things strengthen the labor pool, and weaken their ability to get cheap labor.
Anybody that's against welfare or unemployment or disability is a crackhead.

In turn, anyone that relies on those indefinitely is also a crackhead.

Also, anyone that pushes those onto folks instead of actually taking care of themselves is also a crackhead.

50% of us are crackheads.

Location hidden

#563221 Nov 15, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it's one of your 'god rights', and there are many things that your deity belief condones. Many of those things contradict the rights of an American.
Your beliefs concerning what it is you think your deity prefers, likes, commands or doesn't, do not supercede the rights of an American citizen. They don't.
As more people realize this simple fact, your religion will lose the power it sways in the United States.
The rights of God are not supposed to conflict with the rights of Americans. If Christians decide to not have same sex marriages, that's fine. But it shouldn't be pushed to everyone. It's our beliefs, not yours.

I'm sorry that some Christians fuck it up for the rest of us.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#563222 Nov 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody that's against welfare or unemployment or disability is a crackhead.
In turn, anyone that relies on those indefinitely is also a crackhead.
Also, anyone that pushes those onto folks instead of actually taking care of themselves is also a crackhead.
50% of us are crackheads.
Don't be so hard on yourself, you can change.

Location hidden

#563223 Nov 15, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I think you are wrong.
Of course, I realize you obviously think women are opportunists as well and dishonest ones at that, which is in keeping with your faulty thinking that the gender as a whole is "devious".
I think most cases about pay discrimination are those that involve women doing the same exact job and the same exact work as men but for less money.
And I would imagine there are also cases involving those of the same gender where one man is being paid less than another man for the same work and where one woman is being paid less than another woman for the same work.
Gender should have no bearing on pay discrimination. If two PEOPLE are doing the same exact work and are equally productive, their pay should be equal in most cases....seniority may come into play as a factor, but other than that, it is wrong to pay one person less for doing the same exact job and doing it just as well as someone else who is paid more.
Agreed. Again.(wow that's twice in one day):o

Now you can use your power of paste & provide some links regarding this actually happening.

I think it happens. And it shouldn't. My skewed views tell me that in most cases, the woman is just bitching & has no facts to stand on.

Location hidden

#563224 Nov 15, 2012
The Talking Gloop wrote:
I miss the old days
The ones where we pooped in a dirt hole?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#563225 Nov 15, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't the intention for "his son" to be executed all along?
Do you think that quoting dogma from your religion is an effective strategy?
in the foreknowledge of God, He knew what barbaric humans would do to His Son for demonstrating the perfect will of the Father. BUT, don't think for a minute that it lets you off the hook for murder!

quoting the truth of the Word IS effective strategy for those "who have an ear to hear", but it's "foolishness to those who are parishing"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#563226 Nov 15, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's so cute when mentally ill people use religion to explain their delusions.
so ugly when spiritually dead people hate others for wanting to live

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#563227 Nov 15, 2012
The Talking Gloop wrote:
I miss the old days
And you know what people were saying in the "old days"?

I miss the old days.

It's all relative...

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#563228 Nov 15, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the priesthood ..
you're right! there should at least be equal opportunity for lesbian priests to abuse young girls within the catholic 'church';)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#563229 Nov 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Again.(wow that's twice in one day):o
Now you can use your power of paste & provide some links regarding this actually happening.
I think it happens. And it shouldn't. My skewed views tell me that in most cases, the woman is just bitching & has no facts to stand on.
Gee, thanks for telling me what I can do, but as you agree with me and as you say you think it happens, you can research such cases for yourself if you're interested in disproving your belief that the woman is "just bitching" and has no facts to stand on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min guest 548,483
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Tim Osman 118,655
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 10 min top 1,070
ardy 23 tahun bandung call for job 24 min ardy ryan 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 58 min USN Atheist 5,452
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 261,640
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 229,925
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr yon 602,162
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 17 hr girls united states 125

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE