“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#562982 Nov 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That reminds me of the Aztecs - they believed that you could ask favors of the gods in return for personal sacrifice. The personal sacrifice was harsh and involve torments such as pulling rough beeds through one's tongue, flagellation, blood letting the penis, etc.
On top of that, the Gods could be capricious.
Having out-lived their own imagination gods must look to the fool for entertainment. ;)

Humans have become jaded with the limitations of their fantasies and often seek the taste of warm blood. You only need to look around topix to see that is true, the thin veil of morality falls away far too often and reveals a truer nature.

"This is the curse of our age, even the strangest aberrations are no cure for boredom." Stendhal

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#562983 Nov 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha!
I just walked by a woman, sitting on the curb, who had a golden cloth crown upon her head and a matching robe. She was smiling.
I wasn't aware that Americans had royalty! Why do you treat them so badly???
I have a friend whose mother believes that she is a reincarnated Egyptian princess. She can't say for certain "which" princess she is but that bit of information is trivial in comparison to her dark beauty and regal bearing. ;)

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#562984 Nov 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet! I want to do that when I graduate.
The regional accents have been disappearing lately.:(

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#562985 Nov 14, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of free will... Have you read the short "Free Will" book by Sam Harris? I have a feeling that you would enjoy it.
You should never encourage one lunatic to read the *work* of another lunatic. It will only reinforce his delusions of grandeur.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#562986 Nov 14, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You should never encourage one lunatic to read the *work* of another lunatic. It will only reinforce his delusions of grandeur.

Why not? After all..
we read what you write. XD
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#562987 Nov 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<tapping feat>
...and why aren't women "cut out" for the task?
no muscles..

dont get me wrong,Ive seen plenty women working on construction,carpenters,tapers ,painters etc...but all the hard work such as framing and concrete is done only by men

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#562988 Nov 14, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And some day you may reject your religion, Al.
And you may not.
As my grandfather used to say, predictions are very difficult to make. Especially about the future.
"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr

Your relatives sure seem to think a lot like famous people. Word-for-word, actually. Funny that.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#562989 Nov 14, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? After all..
we read what you write. XD
Then you must be spendidly inspired.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#562990 Nov 14, 2012
"spendidly" sounds like Ned Flanders.

"A hundred dollars for a left handed can opener! That's a little more than I want to spendidly!"

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#562991 Nov 14, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>This is Topix . What is the point to saving links to conversations like that other than obsession ?
xD

He is in denial. We all do it at some point but his is permanent.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#562992 Nov 14, 2012
That was a good typorino neighborino!

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#562993 Nov 14, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
if there were a god, he would recall a failed unit like you.
you are here, there is no god.
The title of the thread is Prove there is a God, but you keep proving there is a Hell. Now go to it.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#562994 Nov 14, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA!
I get it!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#562995 Nov 14, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Having out-lived their own imagination gods must look to the fool for entertainment. ;)
Humans have become jaded with the limitations of their fantasies and often seek the taste of warm blood. You only need to look around topix to see that is true, the thin veil of morality falls away far too often and reveals a truer nature.
"This is the curse of our age, even the strangest aberrations are no cure for boredom." Stendhal
How poetic and thoughtful of you, Nano. I don't know if that fits the Aztecs, but it's good.

I think the Aztecs valued human suffering in ways that we cannot imagine.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#562996 Nov 14, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
MMn k sounds like a plan..
Have you noticed I just pop in on slight occasions, not all the time, 24/7, daily, hour after hour? That is because I'm not filled with fear like you are.. I don't need constant support from others who are liars like you are , to keep feeding me deception , to get by day to day.

I'm a Christian, I hear the truth and I believe the Truth. That is why I can come on here from time to time , OF MY CASUAL, CHOICE, to bash me some Hell-deserving, lying bigots like you.

I bet you would bust wide open if you couldn't get a hold of an atheist forum after 2 or 3 hours.

Your FEAR won't let you escape the bondage of your doubt , insecurity, flaky agenda.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#562997 Nov 14, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The regional accents have been disappearing lately.:(
Stop taking them! Put them back!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#562998 Nov 14, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I have a friend whose mother believes that she is a reincarnated Egyptian princess. She can't say for certain "which" princess she is but that bit of information is trivial in comparison to her dark beauty and regal bearing. ;)
Does that help her in life now?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#562999 Nov 14, 2012
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
no muscles..
dont get me wrong,Ive seen plenty women working on construction,carpenters,tapers ,painters etc...but all the hard work such as framing and concrete is done only by men
That's it, I'm going to go frame concrete!

grrrrrrrr!

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#563000 Nov 14, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
right, right, right....
Which is why when a woman wears her low-cut, tittie showin blouse to work, that's OK. But when a man happens to look, uh-oh!!
That is of course assuming that the slut isn't interested in that man, if a guy she thinks is cute looks, that'd be OK......
You sound like one of my cousins but, yeah, it is not cool treating one guy like a pervert for doing the same thing another guy did just because the booby flaunter didn't like him. Guys are gonna look at whatever a woman sticks in their face. That's just natural.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#563001 Nov 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop taking them! Put them back!
I would if I could!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min marge 560,200
Is A Race War Brewing? 50 min Clarence688 56
I'm looking for a writer to write my true story (Nov '08) 1 hr zoeybelle 211
Can REAL PEACE be REALIZED without Jesus Christ?? 1 hr Clarence688 4
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 1 hr Ed Teach 97
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr lovewithin 39,366
a dramatis false eye eook ? reviewing macís fal... 1 hr mohamed sh 1
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr hpcaban 441,809
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr YellowPissreality 265,393
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Atheist girl 605,279
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 hr Freebird USA 175,775
More from around the web