Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#562846 Nov 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so I'm staying in an American city, in an American hotel. I like your country, for a number of reasons. I quite enjoy the honesty and independent nature of the people who live here.
Today, a black woman with cool dreads who isn't staying at this hotel came into the lobby and took a cup of the free coffee. She said hello to me and smiled as she hurried out. I was quite glad to see a hotel freely distributing its resources (drugs) to others.
There's a Bible in my room. I was shocked! Open the drawer, there it sits, naked. But I guess I shouldn't be - I mean, we have butsudan in our homes with actual deities living in them. So why shouldn't America have little storybooks about their deity in the drawers of hotel rooms?
You misread the evidence.

The Bible's onion-skin paper is intended for guests who neglected to bring their Zig-Zag.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#562847 Nov 14, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to differ RR. We have:
1. The Mission Inn
2. March Airfield Museum
3. Fox performing Arts Center
4. UC Riverside Botanical Gardens
5. Castle Park
6. Dinosaur Truck stop (as seen in various movies)
7. Victoria Gardens
8. Fairmont Park
9. Mount Rubidoux
10. The California Raceway
11. Etiwanda Preserve
The Mission Inn rocks. It's worth the journey.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#562849 Nov 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
In Tokyo, the clubs are open to 6 AM, so I'm used to dancing for about 8 hours before calling it quits. As long as my drug-fuel mix of caffeine and alcohol is purchasable!
The problem of dancing till 6 AM is that you're too tired to go home with whoever you picked up, and really need a shower and bed...
No worries. I'd just hose you off and put you away wet.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#562851 Nov 14, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've worked on plenty of construction sites, OCB. The broads that come to "work" were typically assigned to the sup's shack, not on the site actually building something.
https://www.google.com/search? q=women+who+work+in+constructi on&hl=en&client=firefo x-a&hs=thN&tbo=u&r ls=org.mozilla:en-US:official &tbm=isch&source=univ &sa=X&ei=PtmjUPjuO42c9 QS_nYCwBQ&ved=0CEUQsAQ &biw=1920&bih=852

Gee- I don't see too many pics in the above link of women working in heels while doing construction work, RR....

Building Towers, Razing Sexism

IN 1981, when I began my construction company, it was a different world. Women in construction could only be found answering the telephone in the front office. When contractors called, and I told them I was the boss, they would ask for the other boss. They wanted to talk to a man.

Times have changed, but not everyone realizes it. I regularly receive e-mail from women in college who want to enter industries, like construction and engineering, that are dominated by men. But these women have been warned not to do so by their fathers and, sometimes, by their professors.

A young woman in the Midwest recently wrote to me, saying her father didn’t want her to go into construction management because, in his words,“A big, hairy man will never take orders from a small young girl.”

I wrote back to her, explaining that once a woman sets her boundaries, earns respect and proves herself, those “big, hairy men” will gladly take orders from her and smile while doing so. This woman printed out my answer and showed it to her father. She is now enrolled in a college that has an excellent construction management program.

In fact,******there has never been a better time to be a woman in construction.****** Many traditional barriers are falling, leaving more opportunities for women. As older generations leave the work force, more women are gaining leadership positions in many industries. And men who are coming up in the business world are typically less sexist than those of previous generations.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/19/jobs/19pre....

http://www.womenworking.org/

In May 2001 Women's Transitional Housing Coalition, Inc.(WTHC) a non-profit housing developer and service provider in Duluth initiated a new program with 3 primary goals:

to teach women construction skills,
to utilize women crews to work on renovation and new construction projects, and
to assist women in entering jobs that pay livable wages.

And the pics of the women working at the top of the page for the above link aren't wearing high heels, RR.....

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#562856 Nov 14, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You misread the evidence.
The Bible's onion-skin paper is intended for guests who neglected to bring their Zig-Zag.
Thanks! Local knowledge once again trumps foreign deduction.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#562858 Nov 14, 2012
Dear Topix,

it would be nice if we could simply block the text of people (trolls) who are offensive and annoying, and who stalk us morally better, socially agreeable posters.

Because "page down" should be a thing of the past.

Thanks

:)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#562859 Nov 14, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to differ RR. We have:
1. The Mission Inn
2. March Airfield Museum
3. Fox performing Arts Center
4. UC Riverside Botanical Gardens
5. Castle Park
6. Dinosaur Truck stop (as seen in various movies)
7. Victoria Gardens
8. Fairmont Park
9. Mount Rubidoux
10. The California Raceway
11. Etiwanda Preserve
My 1st job, that earned a paycheck anyway, was at Castle Park. It's a fun place. I gotta say that of all the dozens of miniature golf courses I've seen around America, they've got the best one.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#562860 Nov 14, 2012
OCB wrote:
Too damn bad that YOU don't like it that women ARE proving they CAN do everything men can- just as it's too damn bad YOU don't like it that MEN are proving THEY can do everything WOMEN can.
AHHAAA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA!!!!

You're kidding right?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#562862 Nov 14, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>What the F*CK are you talking about?
Sexual Harassment Claims by Men Growing but Not Equal
By ALICE GOMSTYN (@AliceGomstyn)
ABC NEWS Business Unit
March 26, 2010
After Jed Lorenzen won his sexual harassment lawsuit, he bought himself a new suit.
"It's my power suit to remind me that's what you get when you stand up for yourself," the 33-year-old Los Angeles, Calif. man said.
When it comes to alleged sexual harassment, more men are standing up for themselves these days. Of the nearly 12,700 sexual harassment complaints filed with the U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission in the 2009 fiscal year, 16 percent -- some 2,030 -- came from men. That's up from 9.9 percent, or roughly 1,430, a decade-and-half earlier. The number of complaints from men increased even as the number of overall cases have declined.
"It's not really clear whether more men are being subjected to harassment or more men are willing to come forward," said Ernest Haffner, a senior attorney adviser at the EEOC. "There are more decisions in the courts dealing with sexual harassment by men -- it could be that just more men are aware of their rights as they speak to attorneys."
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/TheLaw/sexual-...
"Male sexual harassment is not a joke
It’s real and reported cases are on the rise — here’s how to handle it
msnbc.com contributor
updated 7/10/2007 9:49:54 AM ET
Print
Font:
We often talk about sexual harassment against women in the workplace but for this column I’m going to address the growing problem of sexual harassment against men in the workplace.
Are you laughing? You probably are. That’s what happened recently when I discussed the topic with friends and colleagues. Few seem to take this issue seriously.
But for quite a few men, sexual harassment is indeed becoming a serious issue, and some men are deciding not to just brush aside the unwelcome advances from women and men.
“Many people mistakenly believe that harassment is limited to females,” says Roberta Chinsky Matuson, a human resource expert.“The truth is that this type of experience is just as damaging to men.”
While the number of sexual harassment cases overall has consistently declined in the past few years,******“sexual harassment filings by men have consistently increased, doubling over 15 years,”***** says David Grinberg, a spokesman for the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or EEOC."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19536167/ns/busin...
"May 26, 2008
Women Harassing Men
Complaints about women bosses preying on men have doubled since 1990. What’s going on out there?
http://www.marieclaire.com/sex-love/relations...
It works BOTH ways, RR and you are a MORON to think a woman who wears a low cut blouse to work does so to be ogled by male co-workers just as you are a MORON to label her a "slut".
I just KNOW that you think most women who are raped are raped because they "asked for it" based on their attire or mannerisms.
You are truly sickening.
Why do you waste time posting things I already know?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#562864 Nov 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahaha!!!
Me make joke. Yuu no undelstand.
RMAO!!

ROR!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#562866 Nov 14, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I've provided PLENTY to you today to show that has changed.
Women are NOW doing construction and building things.
Tough SH*T that YOU don't like it.
You'd probably want Habitat for Humanity to STOP building homes since WOMEN work on THOSE job sites- actually BUILDING- as well as men do and those men and women work side by side- and THAT is as it SHOULD be.
http://www.habitat.org/wb
So sorry for YOUR luck but SO very glad YOU don't get to determine who does which job.
LOL!! "doing construction" huh?

I've been to a few of the "Women's Builds" with Habitat. It's hilarious. The women get their tiny little hammers & cute little pink nail bags and get to "doing construction"...

Then the cameras go away & the men finish.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#562867 Nov 14, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
AHHAAA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA!!!!
You're kidding right?
Nope- not at all. You're kidding YOURSELF by thinking that women can't do jobs traditionally done by men or that men can't do jobs traditionally done by women.

And you are kidding yourself about that because you are a FOOL and not only are you NOT superior to ME, you are NOWHERE near even being EQUAL to me.

Take your unfounded and moronic sense of superiority and SHOVE it, RR.

No doubt pretty much ANY woman could run circles around you no matter WHAT the "arena".

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#562868 Nov 14, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text> https://www.google.com/search...
Gee- I don't see too many pics in the above link of women working in heels while doing construction work, RR....
Building Towers, Razing Sexism
IN 1981, when I began my construction company, it was a different world. Women in construction could only be found answering the telephone in the front office. When contractors called, and I told them I was the boss, they would ask for the other boss. They wanted to talk to a man.
Times have changed, but not everyone realizes it. I regularly receive e-mail from women in college who want to enter industries, like construction and engineering, that are dominated by men. But these women have been warned not to do so by their fathers and, sometimes, by their professors.
A young woman in the Midwest recently wrote to me, saying her father didn’t want her to go into construction management because, in his words,“A big, hairy man will never take orders from a small young girl.”
I wrote back to her, explaining that once a woman sets her boundaries, earns respect and proves herself, those “big, hairy men” will gladly take orders from her and smile while doing so. This woman printed out my answer and showed it to her father. She is now enrolled in a college that has an excellent construction management program.
In fact,******there has never been a better time to be a woman in construction.****** Many traditional barriers are falling, leaving more opportunities for women. As older generations leave the work force, more women are gaining leadership positions in many industries. And men who are coming up in the business world are typically less sexist than those of previous generations.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/19/jobs/19pre....
http://www.womenworking.org/
In May 2001 Women's Transitional Housing Coalition, Inc.(WTHC) a non-profit housing developer and service provider in Duluth initiated a new program with 3 primary goals:
to teach women construction skills,
to utilize women crews to work on renovation and new construction projects, and
to assist women in entering jobs that pay livable wages.
And the pics of the women working at the top of the page for the above link aren't wearing high heels, RR.....
More useless garbage? I'll tell ya, I don't even read that suff when you post it so you might as well stop.

I KNOW that women are "doing construction",(LMAO!) I'm saying that they shouldn't be. They're pretty much useless on the job site, except in a secretarial role or as eye candy.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#562869 Nov 14, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!! "doing construction" huh?
I've been to a few of the "Women's Builds" with Habitat. It's hilarious. The women get their tiny little hammers & cute little pink nail bags and get to "doing construction"...
Then the cameras go away & the men finish.
You are full of SH*T.

Look, not only are you a moron, but a misogynist to boot; then again, misogynists ARE morons- if they weren't morons, they would be misogynists.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#562871 Nov 14, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you waste time posting things I already know?
But you DIDN'T know it.

The post to which you are responding was in response to YOUR disgusting post about how women dress in the work place and you were IGNORANT of the fact that sexual harassment works both ways, with BOTH genders being capable of being guilty of sexually harassing.

I don't want to talk to you about this any longer- you're making me feel ill since it's very hard for me to stomach such willful ignorance and intellectual laziness as you constantly display here.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#562872 Nov 14, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
More useless garbage? I'll tell ya, I don't even read that suff when you post it so you might as well stop.
I KNOW that women are "doing construction",(LMAO!) I'm saying that they shouldn't be. They're pretty much useless on the job site, except in a secretarial role or as eye candy.
Of COURSE you don't read it. You prefer to remain ignorant. I already knew that, RR, but I figured it can't hurt to try and besides that, some other people here may find the info posted to be of interest.

YOU are pretty much useless as a MAN and as a HUMAN BEING- no exceptions to that either.

And you are SO dumb.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#562873 Nov 14, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Nope- not at all. You're kidding YOURSELF by thinking that women can't do jobs traditionally done by men or that men can't do jobs traditionally done by women.
And you are kidding yourself about that because you are a FOOL and not only are you NOT superior to ME, you are NOWHERE near even being EQUAL to me.
Take your unfounded and moronic sense of superiority and SHOVE it, RR.
No doubt pretty much ANY woman could run circles around you no matter WHAT the "arena".
Uh-huh.... You're welcome to try "running circles" around me in my arena.

Of course, that would mean that you'd have to lift very heavy objects, which you CAN'T do, so...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#562874 Nov 14, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You are full of SH*T.
Look, not only are you a moron, but a misogynist to boot; then again, misogynists ARE morons- if they weren't morons, they would be misogynists.
I'm not full of shit, OCB.

I've SEEN it firsthand, OCB.

I've watched the women sit back & sip their iced tea while the men do all the real work.

I've watched the women bend nail after nail before actually getting one to sink, then I come by to help & sink it with one hit.

I've seen women cry over a damn splinter.

I've seen women moan because ONE sheet of plywood is to heavy for them.

I've seen women bitch & moan about getting drywall dust in their hair. Forget about the paint.....

I've SEEN it, OCB. You haven't.

Women SHOULD not be "doing construction"...

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#562875 Nov 14, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
RMAO!!
ROR!!
hahaha!

That took me a while!
Father Lousa Douche

Ashburn, VA

#562876 Nov 14, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>What the F*CK are you talking about?
Sexual Harassment Claims by Men Growing but Not Equal
By ALICE GOMSTYN (@AliceGomstyn)
ABC NEWS Business Unit
March 26, 2010
After Jed Lorenzen won his sexual harassment lawsuit, he bought himself a new suit.
"It's my power suit to remind me that's what you get when you stand up for yourself," the 33-year-old Los Angeles, Calif. man said.
When it comes to alleged sexual harassment, more men are standing up for themselves these days. Of the nearly 12,700 sexual harassment complaints filed with the U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission in the 2009 fiscal year, 16 percent -- some 2,030 -- came from men. That's up from 9.9 percent, or roughly 1,430, a decade-and-half earlier. The number of complaints from men increased even as the number of overall cases have declined.
"It's not really clear whether more men are being subjected to harassment or more men are willing to come forward," said Ernest Haffner, a senior attorney adviser at the EEOC. "There are more decisions in the courts dealing with sexual harassment by men -- it could be that just more men are aware of their rights as they speak to attorneys."
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/TheLaw/sexual-...
"Male sexual harassment is not a joke
It’s real and reported cases are on the rise — here’s how to handle it
msnbc.com contributor
updated 7/10/2007 9:49:54 AM ET
Print
Font:
We often talk about sexual harassment against women in the workplace but for this column I’m going to address the growing problem of sexual harassment against men in the workplace.
Are you laughing? You probably are. That’s what happened recently when I discussed the topic with friends and colleagues. Few seem to take this issue seriously.
But for quite a few men, sexual harassment is indeed becoming a serious issue, and some men are deciding not to just brush aside the unwelcome advances from women and men.
“Many people mistakenly believe that harassment is limited to females,” says Roberta Chinsky Matuson, a human resource expert.“The truth is that this type of experience is just as damaging to men.”
While the number of sexual harassment cases overall has consistently declined in the past few years,******“sexual harassment filings by men have consistently increased, doubling over 15 years,”***** says David Grinberg, a spokesman for the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or EEOC."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19536167/ns/busin...
"May 26, 2008
Women Harassing Men
Complaints about women bosses preying on men have doubled since 1990. What’s going on out there?
http://www.marieclaire.com/sex-love/relations...
It works BOTH ways, RR and you are a MORON to think a woman who wears a low cut blouse to work does so to be ogled by male co-workers just as you are a MORON to label her a "slut".
I just KNOW that you think most women who are raped are raped because they "asked for it" based on their attire or mannerisms.
You are truly sickening.
This isa gooda stuff! Thanksa for da info!
I gotta tella ya whata happen ta me.
I wasa bena harrassed by the nuns ina Palermo, so i tolda da "head" priest this thinga. Alla he wanted ta knowa wasa whicha nuns wasa doina da sex stuffs ta me. He justa smiled anda saida he wasa gonna take good cara of it, anda he wasa gonna transfer me ta da US. GREAT! I thoughta!
HA! Guessa what! Ya know wherea they gonna senda me?!- Vagina bitcha, Vagina!! Santo Cielo!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 4 min andet1987 1,294
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 6 min WasteWater 5,154
m2m Sex (Jan '14) 7 min raju 8
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 7 min andet1987 4,475
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 min Remnant of 144000 39,373
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min WasteWater 265,419
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min Ugly Truth from d... 605,317
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 37 min June VanDerMark 560,373
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 2 hr yon 4,875
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 441,810
More from around the web