Prove there's a god.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#562706 Nov 13, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
So I'm in America now. What a crazy place - there's lots of beautiful buildings here and really dirty streets. Lots of ultra rich and lots of crazed homeless people. I'm kind of scared to go out of my hotel at night.
Is this really America?
America is much larger than Japan. I'm assuming you're in the western part. When you have time I would suggest a car tour of the U.S. Maybe from west to southeast and then up the Atlantic coast. The differences in culture will make your head spin.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#562707 Nov 13, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it is. Most of the homeless people aren't that bad.
Yeah, it isn't the homeless that one should worry about. It is the gang mambers, the blue collar drunkards, the white collar pervs, and the college frat gang rapists. Don't forget the rednecks, hillbillies, police, the street corner preachers and politicians.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#562708 Nov 13, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
America is much larger than Japan. I'm assuming you're in the western part. When you have time I would suggest a car tour of the U.S. Maybe from west to southeast and then up the Atlantic coast. The differences in culture will make your head spin.
Wisconsin is nice. Mostly. At least as compared to other places.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#562709 Nov 13, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You are a liar and a bigot.
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christia... ;
Hopefully, someday, you will outgrow that juvenile phase.
You link to a list of famous people who are claimed to be “christian” and “scientists”. You give no indication as to how this list is to be understood, probably because you do not know.

It should be noted that these persons lived many years ago, most during a time when it was dangerous to admit to any belief that was not called christian, of the remaining most come from a time when the only access to the study of science was through “the church /(resources)

Even today many scientists will simply mouth a belief in a cultural god in the protection of funding for their research and many time in response to a query from the public. They find it preferable to lie about their philosophy rather than engage the ignorant godbots of abrahamic faiths.

And

I do not know why you would post to me, you promised not to.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#562710 Nov 13, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
As a concerned person, I would advise you not to make posts like that.
As a Troll, I would love that post.
As I'm in between those two things, I'll just "bow out".
In consideration of the comment, and it's intended target, I'm not sure I'd "bow out", and advise against it.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#562711 Nov 13, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, it isn't the homeless that one should worry about. It is the gang mambers, the blue collar drunkards, the white collar pervs, and the college frat gang rapists. Don't forget the rednecks, hillbillies, police, the street corner preachers and politicians.
I don't think she'll be staying in L.A the entire time.

Location hidden

#562712 Nov 13, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
In consideration of the comment, and it's intended target, I'm not sure I'd "bow out", and advise against it.
I bowed out because I was thinking as a troll. The intended target doesn't really matter nor does the context.

You do realize where you're at, right?

Topix.com

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#562713 Nov 13, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, yes. Ribbed.
For her pleasure.....

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#562714 Nov 13, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I bowed out because I was thinking as a troll. The intended target doesn't really matter nor does the context.
You do realize where you're at, right?
Topix.com
Yeah, it's beautimous to dance around the TOS.

Location hidden

#562715 Nov 13, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Wisconsin is nice. Mostly. At least as compared to other places.
Maybe in the summer.

Location hidden

#562716 Nov 13, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, AA teaches them to be weak, to remain broken, and tells them that they cannot change. That's the problem.
to create a "higher power" to exercise that control which eludes self, is first a road to delusion,(the alcoholic is struggling already) and second, a formula for failure; success is dependent upon internal respect and confidence, neither of which are supported by the god beliefs of current culture.

the best aspect is the support system, the mentoring, the community. These are the aspects that can give a person the will to change.

It is irresponsible to recommend religion to the chemically addicted.

Location hidden

#562717 Nov 13, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it's beautimous to dance around the TOS.
What TOS?

Have you met Sir Doctor?

If it don't work for him then it's "game on".

I'm not shy about what I say, Scar. I'm not shy about the way I say it. It is what it is.

#562718 Nov 13, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
As a concerned person, I would advise you not to make posts like that.
As a Troll, I would love that post.
As I'm in between those two things, I'll just "bow out".
My apologies.

Location hidden

#562719 Nov 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If God doesn't exist, why do atheists care so passionately that some people believe He does? Why do they bother writing books against the existence of God? Or fund ads on the side of London buses to deny something that supposedly doesn't exist? They don't go out of their way to deny leprechauns or fairies or werewolves, so why God? The reason seems to be that atheists do know that God exists.
the thinking of a coward.

no one would care if the belief resulted in moral persons.

but the christian ethos has the habit of producing individuals with morals like yourself.

that is what needs be eliminated.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#562720 Nov 13, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe in the summer.
Nah, the winter is fun too. Smells less like fertilizer then.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#562721 Nov 13, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think she'll be staying in L.A the entire time.
I was thinking of NY. But still funny.

Location hidden

#562722 Nov 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not, though.
you have been done for awhile

Location hidden

#562723 Nov 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Get stuffed with wut?
your regular

#562724 Nov 13, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, it isn't the homeless that one should worry about. It is the gang mambers, the blue collar drunkards, the white collar pervs, and the college frat gang rapists. Don't forget the rednecks, hillbillies, police, the street corner preachers and politicians.
Don't forget the naked neighbors without blinds on their windows, the fat lady across the street who constantly pulls her t shirt over her large bare buttocks because she still thinks she's sexy, the black guy who walks around the neighbor hood screaming at somebody all day long into his cell phone, The man two doors down from me who is running a crack den that offers a free car detail with every rock sold, My next door neighbor is straight out of “Arlington Road”, the crazy cat lady that is always calling her cats in at 2 in the morning "here preeeeecious!", the neighbors who can be heard over their "ahem.... Acts of passion",

Location hidden

#562725 Nov 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I fully comprehend the difference.
I'm not trying to prove God no more than I'm trying to prove I have hands. I know He's real, He's shown me that. There is no doubt in my mind & no reason for me to think otherwise.
Since I know that God is real, I take what I know of God & what I know of science & what I know of society/cultures and put them all together.
It blends perfectly.
your room is dimly lit

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 3 min Lbj 950
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Liam 596,221
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 5 min Johnny 492
LOUD CRYIN' SPOILED Black Kids in Wal Mart!!!!! 6 min Someone 50
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 min ChristineM 444,308
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min Truths 612,610
Why do Turkish men cheat (Aug '10) 30 min maganda333 509
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 hr Charlie Sheen 272,082
More from around the web