“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#562455 Nov 13, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:

Well, how do you go from "we exist" to "our universe must have one truth that is discoverable?"
There are some things beyond words, I can try to make you understand but...?
It's not like I have to make a leap; if we exist then there has to be some truth we exist by, something that defines us. We are trying to find it. Just because we can't pin down any absolute reference points doesn't mean there aren't any. If there aren't any I would think we wouldn't exist at all. We can't define a particle; we can only observe it's behavior and try to define it by that. But they exist, something is giving us the signal that matter gives us, and that something has to have an absolute truth to it which we do not know.

I don't mean to imply that absolute knowledge is discoverable, but anything that exists has to have an absolute explanation.'Not being able to find it' has no bearing on existence.
Why does there have to? Einstein demonstrated that reality was relative to the observer - how do you argue against him?
Because existence cannot be without a complete truth or explanation. It's besides the point that we can't find the definition. You already agreed that existence cannot be "false". I'm sure he didn't mean that this statement excludes a higher power. If I remember right I think he actually did believe in a higher power in one form or another.

Again, I didn't claim that the universe is uncaused. I calimed we cannot rule that possibility out.
I don't argue with that.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#562456 Nov 13, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Which god? There are over 3700 to choose from
There are?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#562457 Nov 13, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
Actually, I've been developing many of these ideas over months and years, have them cataloged by link URL and topic to find them again, and refine them with most repostings by looking for typos, looking for ways to word them better, and inserting new or updated ideas where I can. It not only allows me to give a good and thorough answer to old questions, but I have the material lying around for other uses. For example, I am in a freethinkers society where I live, and we give talks. Mine are pretty much good to go already.
Also, I have toyed with the idea of a column in the local print journal, and maybe someday a book. This will be useful for that.
But even absent all of that, the process facilitates better writing and better thinking skills.
==========
Nanoanomaly is an megaenigma. "She" is the most bitter poster in a female persona posting on these threads. Why this person prefers to be so universally despised is a mystery. She's as cuddly as a scorpion. She has no ideas that are worth repeating - mostly just opinions of what she disapproves of.
She brings the odd link to the thread, usually to a topic that she doesn't seem to understand, one which is virtually never related to the discussion at hand, nor the subject of subsequent discussion - just random science URLs about nothing interesting or relevant.
The only time she is not acidic and bitter is when she's polluted, in which case she turns into a slut on the thread. These links are typical of nano aka Sheila (she changed from Sheila of Sherman, TX to nanoanomaly around mid-2010). I'm sure that she won't mind my reposting these. She seems to like expressing her libido on message boards. BTW, "Kitty" and "kitteh" are code for her snatch :
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TCT...
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TCT...
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TB0B46G...
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/skyland-nc/TF...
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TCB...
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TP8...
Wow. Those links sure were interesting.

Location hidden

#562458 Nov 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There are?
Yep. Probably more.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#562459 Nov 13, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
this is just a theory of mine, but i'm kinda thinking that the demo-'christians' of america have about as much resolve against evil as did the hand-wringing, so-called luther-cristers of nazi germany. the proof is in our latest election;)
Tea baggers are the closest thing to Nazi's in the mainstream political parties. In fact there were parallels drawn up showing it.
The only thing Biden said that made me feel better, was that he though personally believes in pro life, that he did not think it was his right to force that belief on others. I favor republicans for one reason only , that's strong foreign policy that is known to wield a hammer. But I favored Romney because he seemed better capable to turn the economy around.

Other than that the republicans have ruined themselves being too far right wing Christians, wanting to impose a theocracy and ruin America with the ilk of people with minds like that.
I have no confidence in Obama because I fear our economy is going to take a dive now into recession again. I actually wish we could have Romney president and Biden Vice because Ryan is a religionut with an agenda toward theocracy.

But you are way off base accusing the dems of being like Nazis,
ther're policy's are actually more like Marxists. Thinking they can create an American share the load Utopia. It will fail because nobody is going to be able to pay for their ideas. They may sound good on paper , but reality bites a lemon. Healthcare is going to wreck the already sinking economy.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#562460 Nov 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Get stuffed with wut?
Well, considering how full of YOURSELF you are, that should be a no-brainer for you, RR.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#562461 Nov 13, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I'm thinking *infinite extension cord" for some reason.
xD
Ok, maybe not THAT long.....
You can put me on a leash but I'd like to think I'd be able to see you again, don't let me past the point of no return. "Something is tugging at me from an infinite distance.....
...it must be God".

Then when I finally see you again, "OK I believe you, you're not God but can I bow anyway...and crawl to you and rub your tummy"?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#562462 Nov 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I fully comprehend the difference.
I'm not trying to prove God no more than I'm trying to prove I have hands. I know He's real, He's shown me that. There is no doubt in my mind & no reason for me to think otherwise.
Since I know that God is real, I take what I know of God & what I know of science & what I know of society/cultures and put them all together.
It blends perfectly.
But you do NOT know your god is real. You simply BELIEVE your god is real.

Now I realize your belief has led you to believe that the reality of your god is a fact, but since you can't prove your god to be a fact, by the very definition of the word "fact", what you possess is a belief, but a belief is not knowledge of an actual fact, nor is a belief knowledge at all.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#562463 Nov 13, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Well, considering how full of YOURSELF you are, that should be a no-brainer for you, RR.
Oh, I thought you were flirting....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#562464 Nov 13, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. Probably more.
Gods sometimes moved between religions. For example, do we count Zeus and Jupiter as one or two gods?
Do you take into account gods that no human has ever believed in?
To simply write "3700" is ignorant.

But I expect no less from CrisM

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#562465 Nov 13, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>But you do NOT know your god is real. You simply BELIEVE your god is real.
Now I realize your belief has led you to believe that the reality of your god is a fact, but since you can't prove your god to be a fact, by the very definition of the word "fact", what you possess is a belief, but a belief is not knowledge of an actual fact, nor is a belief knowledge at all.
Round and round we go...

So it's not "fact" that you love your man because you can't prove it, you just "believe" it...

Cool.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#562466 Nov 13, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, most molecules are polyatomic, but not necessarily polymers. I already mentioned that in a post to Kitty where I asked if she was referring to polyatomic. Because something is polyatomic doesn't mean it is a "poly" compound. No chemist goes around talking about "poly" compounds in reference to polyatomic-ness, only to whether they are polymers.
The question was is it and element , or a compound , since it's not an element it is some sort of compound.
I have no doubt you have knowledge in chemistry , as well are pretty smart. But we were talking about the universe , I guess you felt insulted , I'm sorry for that.

I brought up those post's because it just seemed you like to argue
endlessly , but then I found the same argument. OK whatever , you are the king of alphabenzyloxystyrene i confess I don't knoew much about it.

But I do know the fundamental forces are believed to be the constituent parts of super force and to break them down you will have to unify the forces. That is what the argument was about.
The fundamental forces and causality came about together from the
Planck epoch which we see as everything near infinite density .
The forces are unified there , and there is no other cause for them
or sub fundamental forces to cause them. That was my only point about the conversation you were having with hfy.

http://web.njit.edu/~gary/202/Lecture26.html

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#562467 Nov 13, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Try looking in the mirror and saying that again.
... and that was suppose to prove ....?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#562468 Nov 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods sometimes moved between religions. For example, do we count Zeus and Jupiter as one or two gods?
Actually, 3700 was a decent low ball estimate. It's more about the lines of 37,000,000 though, very rough estimate.

The rest of what you said is just stupid, you should seriously consider reading something.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#562469 Nov 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Round and round we go...
So it's not "fact" that you love your man because you can't prove it, you just "believe" it...
Cool.
Not, it's not a fact that she does, that's her opinion, if she does.

You creatards keep bringing emotion as being "unable to prove" as being proof of your god, it doesn't work that way. Of course that's also skipping the entire fact that emotions are actually opinions, no two people will describe emotions the same, just like your god except, we can measure emotions, we can't measure your god. What we cannot measure we cannot assert as being fact anymore than we can assert that emotions are fact.

To me, love is simply not wishing to kill someone.

Location hidden

#562470 Nov 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't any god ever conceived of by man be a god that at least one person believed in?(not counting gods dreamed up for intentionally fictional stories, for fun, etc.)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#562471 Nov 13, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You creatards keep bringing emotion as being "unable to prove" as being proof of your god, it doesn't work that way. Of course that's also skipping the entire fact that emotions are actually opinions, no two people will describe emotions the same, just like your god except, we can measure emotions, we can't measure your god. What we cannot measure we cannot assert as being fact anymore than we can assert that emotions are fact.
Woah.... WTF??

"To me, love is simply not wishing to kill someone"

Oh my. So then it's ok to beat your lovers ass? I mean, as long as you don't kill them, you're ok, right?

You're a strange puppy. I'll assume that you've never been in love, based off of your idiotic post.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#562472 Nov 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I thought you were flirting....
Not so much, RR....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#562473 Nov 13, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, 3700 was a decent low ball estimate. It's more about the lines of 37,000,000 though, very rough estimate.
The rest of what you said is just stupid, you should seriously consider reading something.

That's science for ya! Just add a few zeros here & there until you get it right!

Good job.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#562474 Nov 13, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderfully stated, Kitten!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Easy ways to reduce stress 11 min demha 1
Everybody know that moroccan people have the b... 39 min blackgirl 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Pegasus 265,592
Moroccan men have the largest penis (Oct '13) 49 min blackafricanmen 19
Will the False Prophet come from the Vatican??? 1 hr pusherman_ 22
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Michael 560,750
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr chie rocco 119,700
Gay snapchat names 1 hr edm732 188
Moses never existed 2 hr KiMare 862
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Qu_innocence 605,392
More from around the web