Prove there's a god.

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#562215 Nov 12, 2012
But here is your whole argument again in a nutshell.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/goodsprings-n...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#562216 Nov 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Very similar brain scans have been taken of religious people during prayer. So then, by your account, that suggests that prayer is real.
Actually, the scans resulted in areas of the brain associated with desires, wishes, and dreams being lit up. So are all deluded people really just always praying?

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#562217 Nov 12, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly would not clue you in to the exact research, that would give me away and you would then come to my home town and throw eggs at my house or worse.
Yeah you have a high opinion of your work I see.
Potay it certainly appears you are a chemist , judging your past arguments dealing with abiogenesis and now you bring up alphabenzyloxystyrene which seems to be two specific compounds
or a poly-compound but why you would think anyone would know what it is... beyond a application specific use is beyond me.
Whats more important is that for two years you haven't changed your MO at all. Here look.. All fluff or as they say all hat and no cattle.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/lakeport-ca/T...
Pardon me if I don't waste my time with you anymore.
BTW here is another.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TCT...
Three years ago.
Your first link was to something I said in the AGW forum; had nothing to do with evolution/God type issues. In that forum my main goal was to convince people that climate change was real. No one can prove why it is happening but I happen to believe that human expansion and activity is a major influence. Now, years later, it is undeniable that arctic sea ice is just a few years away from being extinct in the summer months. That said, I can tell you about an even bigger way that I have changed. I used to go on about how we need to keep investing in green energy. Well I still think we need to keep researching but even though I know climate change is real I realize that it is silly to try to combat any such global warming, we just need to prepare for the changes. We can't afford to and it may backfire to boot or have unmanageable side-effects.

I would love to hear how you may have changed on any issues over the years.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#562218 Nov 12, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text> Alphabenzyloxystyrene is one molecule, not two compounds, as I've shown by posting the structure. If it were a poly compound it would have a repeating structural unit. It's categorized by the term "transfer agent".
'

No, it's a poly-compound, and a transfer agent. Your Google skills are lacking, considering I remember this from highschool without Google.

Location hidden

#562219 Nov 12, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
But here is your whole argument again in a nutshell.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/goodsprings-n...
Why do you keep bringing up what I said on the global warming forum years ago? That years long argument I had with Frank Miller was for entertainment purposes because I knew he would never admit that he had no experience as a chemist. He was a fake, plain and simple. My guess is he had a small amount of exposure to chemistry but had no grasp beyond his little fantasy world. Everytime I would corner him he would pull what many of you pull everytime you get cornered; you guys just simply say I'm wildly incorrect or something like that but can never specifically address the issue at hand.

What does this have to do with anything here? Again you cannot specifically tell me anything. Why do you bother? I thought you were done with me?

The argument I had with Frank was way off topic but it was only on threads that were basically otherwise dead anyway. Topix is supposed to be entertaining right? At least recreational?

BTW nothing I said to Frank was scientificlly unfounded, and when I made a mistake I admitted it was an honest mistake. I didn't notice too many others on topix being able to admit mistakes. I never lied to acheive a means to an end.

“Proud Member”

#562220 Nov 12, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Your first link was to something I said in the AGW forum; had nothing to do with evolution/God type issues. In that forum my main goal was to convince people that climate change was real. No one can prove why it is happening but I happen to believe that human expansion and activity is a major influence. Now, years later, it is undeniable that arctic sea ice is just a few years away from being extinct in the summer months. That said, I can tell you about an even bigger way that I have changed. I used to go on about how we need to keep investing in green energy. Well I still think we need to keep researching but even though I know climate change is real I realize that it is silly to try to combat any such global warming, we just need to prepare for the changes. We can't afford to and it may backfire to boot or have unmanageable side-effects.
I would love to hear how you may have changed on any issues over the years.
The largest change in me would be.
By research and investigation of biblical claims I came to the conclusion religion and belief in god is no more than illusionary
and deceptive tactics employed to subjugate people into building empires. Built upon superstition and based on fallacy and myth
it was something once needed but many have now simply outgrown
the need for such foolish notions.

It's clearly evident there was no designer , and there is no plan other than what is made in the minds of men. Abiogenesis and evolution has shaped this planet for indiscernible reasons
and if there is a god like people believe in.
It has never revealed itself to humanity.

I also have tried to get along better with people , even if it is truly hard to do so sometimes.
Im NotScared

Johnson City, TN

#562221 Nov 12, 2012
Can't prove it because he is not real

Location hidden

#562222 Nov 12, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>'
No, it's a poly-compound, and a transfer agent. Your Google skills are lacking, considering I remember this from highschool without Google.
Oh, this is awesome. Please, don't stop, tell me HOW it is a poly compound. What makes it so? SPECIFICALLY.

It is NOT a poly compound. Besides "poly" is not complete. I'm sure you guys mean "polymer" or "polymeric". It is simply an organic molecule.

Is ethylene glycol a polymer? Is decane not an oligomer of methyne units? Does a bear not lick his balls in the woods?

Location hidden

#562223 Nov 12, 2012
Consider I remember alphabenzyloxystyrene from a past life. That trumps high school :)

Yea, high school.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#562224 Nov 12, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>That's downright freaky. And there is no topix brotherhood
http://thetopixkeepers.webs.com/apps/faq/

Location hidden

#562225 Nov 12, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The largest change in me would be.
By research and investigation of biblical claims I came to the conclusion religion and belief in god is no more than illusionary
and deceptive tactics employed to subjugate people into building empires. Built upon superstition and based on fallacy and myth
it was something once needed but many have now simply outgrown
the need for such foolish notions.
It's clearly evident there was no designer , and there is no plan other than what is made in the minds of men. Abiogenesis and evolution has shaped this planet for indiscernible reasons
and if there is a god like people believe in.
It has never revealed itself to humanity.
I also have tried to get along better with people , even if it is truly hard to do so sometimes.
I take it you started out with a belief in God in order to later make that change? I hsare your belief that religion is nothing more than a tool for some and a hypnosis for others. But a belief in a higher power is not a negative thing. And for the sake of fairness I will say that a disbelief in a higher power is not negative either. Now, again for the sake of fairness, Hiding and I agreed (and I thought you did as well) that none of us can claim it is clear whether there exists a higher power. You are once again claiming that "it is clearly evident there was no designer". It would be cool if you ammended that statement.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#562226 Nov 12, 2012
sir unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
If its not noticeable then I have no idea what to tell ya :)
Also I do not like to "call out" people, especially when they are simply stating info and not distorting truths, thats usually the only time I will.
Take Care
Well, there's kind of a lot of stuff going on at once.. but ok. That's cool.

“Proud Member”

#562227 Nov 12, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>I take it you started out with a belief in God in order to later make that change? I hsare your belief that religion is nothing more than a tool for some and a hypnosis for others. But a belief in a higher power is not a negative thing. And for the sake of fairness I will say that a disbelief in a higher power is not negative either. Now, again for the sake of fairness, Hiding and I agreed (and I thought you did as well) that none of us can claim it is clear whether there exists a higher power. You are once again claiming that "it is clearly evident there was no designer". It would be cool if you ammended that statement.
No I'll agree it is not clear if there could have possibly been a
creator. That is simply unknowable , something could have caused life , though there is no indication there was.
But if there were ,it surely was not a designer.
If that being the case it sure flubbed it up , the Earth has been left to it's own devices, and there is no indication of any
intervention. No I'm afraid the design of life has been shaped by evolution.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#562228 Nov 12, 2012
Im NotScared wrote:
Can't prove it because he is not real
Just like you can't prove that leprechauns are not real.

You can't prove Ra is not real.

You can't prove Cthulhu is not real.

Because they're made up.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#562229 Nov 12, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, this is awesome. Please, don't stop, tell me HOW it is a poly compound. What makes it so? SPECIFICALLY.
It is NOT a poly compound. Besides "poly" is not complete. I'm sure you guys mean "polymer" or "polymeric". It is simply an organic molecule.
Is ethylene glycol a polymer? Is decane not an oligomer of methyne units? Does a bear not lick his balls in the woods?
I didn't specify which type of poly compound, did I?

Well, you can Google it.

Location hidden

#562230 Nov 12, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>I brought it up to show that I do indeed understand science. And that you couldn't answer my question with the power of google. <quoted text>Damn dude, are you for real? Are you that strung out on your atheism that you keep all records of what I wrote? And probably what everyone else writes as well? That's downright freaky. And there is no topix brotherhood or atheist agenda? You're not doing a good job of convincing me otherwise.
Please, by all means, don't waste any more of your time on me. Somehow, I don't believe that someone that would keep such close tabs on me would stop, but it would be fine by me if you did.
BTW have you changed your "MO" ever? Actually I *have* changed a bit. When I first started on topix I was 'pro-Intelligent Design as science'. It wasn't too long before I realized it can't be science yet, but maybe one day it can if we all keep an open mind. That's probably more than you can say as far as changing goes.
That gives you credibility in one area of science, it doesn't make your opinion the last word on everything. It suggests that you have the ability to think scientifically, at least in one context, but you can't use it as a trump card for anytime someone calls you out on something.

Also, you may be suffering from delusions of persecution.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#562231 Nov 12, 2012
Oh, and Pokay, don't let this sting too much:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/poly -
poly-
&#8194;
a combining form with the meanings “much, many” and, in chemistry,“polymeric,” used in the formation of compound words: polyandrous; polyculture; polyethylene.

Location hidden

#562232 Nov 12, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are paranoid and delusional, You are far to unimportant to keep tabs on , and there is no brotherhood of atheists.
I suggest you see a shrink.
Don't lie to the poor guy. The atheist brotherhood, masters of the judgeit, reigns supreme over topix!

Location hidden

#562233 Nov 12, 2012
Pokay wrote:
Consider I remember alphabenzyloxystyrene from a past life. That trumps high school :)
Yea, high school.
What?

Location hidden

#562234 Nov 12, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>I take it you started out with a belief in God in order to later make that change? I hsare your belief that religion is nothing more than a tool for some and a hypnosis for others. But a belief in a higher power is not a negative thing. And for the sake of fairness I will say that a disbelief in a higher power is not negative either. Now, again for the sake of fairness, Hiding and I agreed (and I thought you did as well) that none of us can claim it is clear whether there exists a higher power. You are once again claiming that "it is clearly evident there was no designer". It would be cool if you ammended that statement.
I think a more accurate statement would be "if there is a designer, it is clearly not one that has yet been described by any of mankind's religions, unless it really enjoys messing with people."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Bongo 71,235
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min truth 659,009
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr gundee123 5,106
Horny snapchat usernames 1 hr Hardspark 14
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr who 283,046
Sex for money URGENT--no to scam please 2 hr bella_ 1
I'll always love you, Bowy...4REAL 2 hr Doctor REALITY 3
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 8 hr Fit2Serve 298
More from around the web