|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>If you have any idea what you are talking about you would be the only one. This isnt even remotely close to 'no true Scotsman' comparison. It is people who literally are not christians and say so for self-serving reasons. And yes they could be Muslim or Pagan or whatever. I honestly dont even know how to respond to posters like you.You must just have totally different conversations going on in your head than what was actually posted. It is rare a poster is so clueless that I give up on trying to explain the simplest points to them.And all of this was a moot point anyway because it doesnt compare like demographics. Y'know what? Whatever you think is fine. Enjoy your night
Deny it all you want, christians do break the law all the time. What you are doing is the same as putting your hands over your ears and screaming "I can't hear you!"

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
ask for my address
you must be a christian
ask for your address...'come teach me' in your next post. Do you even have a clue how pathetic that is?I kid you about your age but man Karl how can someone at whatever age you are be this insecure? first of all it is absurd cause this is the internet. but even more so you strike me as someone stupid enough to actually put loved ones at risk because you are easily baited in a chatroom. Whatever age you are you need to seriously do some growing up

“We Are Everywhere-Deal With It”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
your worthless religion condemns those who do not believe and the ignorant followers carry out the dictum.
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion of hate condemns those who do believe.
Your religion of hate and blood and lies condemns those who do *not* believe.
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text> That is why your deluded poisoned carcass will burn in Hell.
You are pathetic and I enjoy pointing out to all on this forum
Thanks for showing us your religion of hate. You are killing your own religion; you are your religion's worst enemy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Karl is probably in prison, where most atheists are caged for their crimes.
How he is getting to a computer should be investigated.
Now they are going to show stats where most in jails are Christians, but that is a lie. They enter as atheists, then become Christians just to try to fool the parole officers.
Once released, they go back to killing and stealing..."
I'll bet you ignore this, fuckhead:

2 November:

“Cops: Pastor killed fiancee's daughter for fantasy”
By JOHN FLESHER and ED WHITE Associated Press

“BROOMFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich.(AP)–A Michigan pastor accused of beating and strangling his fiancee's daughter to fulfill a sexual fantasy had asked church members to pray for the young woman before police found her body, a friend said Friday.

“Ex-convict John D. White knew the victim, Rebekah Gay, 24, and regularly watched her 3-year-old son while she worked, friend Donna Houghton said. White even told investigators that after killing Gay and dumping her body, he returned to her mobile home to dress the boy in a Halloween costume before taking the youngster to his father, authorities said.

“White was in jail without bond Friday, a day after he was charged with first-degree murder in Gay's death in a rural area in Isabella County, 85 miles northwest of Lansing.

“White said he drank four or five beers before going to Gay's mobile home and repeatedly striking her head with a mallet and strangling her with a zip tie, according to a court filing. He said he stripped her but does not remember if he carried out his fantasy of having sex with Gay's dead body.

"’He just basically said he was attracted to her, thought she was a very cute girl. It's a crazy, tragic situation,’ Isabella County Sheriff Leo Mioduszewski told The Associated Press.

“White confessed after investigators told him Gay's body was likely to deteriorate in the cold, wet weather, Mioduszewski said.

“Houghton, who had a role in hiring White three years ago to be pastor at Christ Community Fellowship, a church with just 14 members, said she and others are ‘absolutely floored.’

"’I protested his innocence until I had the absolute news that he confessed. Then he had no leg to stand on,’ she told AP.

“Houghton said White had planned to marry Gay's mother, who regularly attended his Sunday sermons. She said White and Gay lived in the same mobile home park in Broomfield Township.

“White led investigators to Gay's body in a wooded area a half-mile away. He told authorities that after killing Gay in the wee hours Wednesday, he dressed her son, Conway, for Halloween and took the boy to meet his father in a store parking lot.

“White ‘really liked this young man,’ said the sheriff, who added that White occasionally ferried the child to the father, who had joint custody with Gay.

"’I don't think the father thought anything was unusual,’ Mioduszewski said.

“But that changed when Gay didn't appear in the same parking lot later Wednesday to pick up Conway, the sheriff said.

“Houghton said she spoke to White before he was arrested. He had called her to ask that she contact other church members and start a prayer chain for Gay, who still was missing at the time.

"’He was pretty shook up. He said the police were giving him a hard time,’ Houghton said.

“She said the tiny congregation was aware of White's criminal past when he joined the church. He was released from prison in 2007 after serving nearly 12 years for manslaughter in the death of a 26-year-old woman in Kalamazoo County, according to the state Corrections Department.

“White also was sentenced to probation for choking and stabbing a 17-year-old Battle Creek girl in 1981.

From the Associated Press

Yup; that’s right, boys and girls, it’s all the fault of SATAN–christianity’s BEST FRIEND!!!!!

There are more christians than atheists in prison.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the church needs be held criminally responsible for sanctifying the bigotry.
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
What bigotry?
Yours.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Deny it all you want, christians do break the law all the time. What you are doing is the same as putting your hands over your ears and screaming "I can't hear you!"
Nobody said they dont. The question was do they do so disproportionately so to other demographics and since socio-economic factors are the main catalysts and like demographics have not been compared, there is nothing to substantiate the claim.Please give me a summary of what you think was being discussed before you entered the conversation

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never gone to bed with an ugly woman.
But I have woken up with more than a few.
Heh heh....although we used to joke when we knocked one out of the park scale-wise that I hope she isnt saying to her friends 'man i had the beer googles on last night"! Self-deprecating humor aside I bet that knife cuts both ways....not that I was complaining! LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

3/4ths of the population is Christian and 5-10% are atheist..of course more Christians are in jail but are there more proportionately and is religion even a mitigating factor? Until equal focus groups are studied there is no way to even have an idea. And criminalogists and sociologists will tell anyone there are way way more heqavily weighted factors that religion..if it even enters the equation. Factors such as genetic predisposition, socialization, parenting, Learned behavior, life experiences, financial, etc etc

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody said they dont. The question was do they do so disproportionately so to other demographics and since socio-economic factors are the main catalysts and like demographics have not been compared, there is nothing to substantiate the claim.Please give me a summary of what you think was being discussed before you entered the conversation
I suppose you don't think anyone poor is christian either then.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody said they dont. The question was do they do so disproportionately so to other demographics and since socio-economic factors are the main catalysts and like demographics have not been compared, there is nothing to substantiate the claim.Please give me a summary of what you think was being discussed before you entered the conversation
Want to know who really commits a disproportionate amount of the crime in the U.S? FYI: Religion has little to do with it.
http://www.policemisconduct.net/statistics/20...

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Heh heh....although we used to joke when we knocked one out of the park scale-wise that I hope she isnt saying to her friends 'man i had the beer googles on last night"! Self-deprecating humor aside I bet that knife cuts both ways....not that I was complaining! LOL
I understand your belief system better, after you have disclosed your past battles.

I have been very fortunate.

As a consequence, I am able to live my life without a spiritual (read:religious) support system.

May your need for a religious crutch decrease as you become stronger.

I dont't mean this as a put down: you are a very decent person (but ease up on Karl, dude).
Greens-Tuff

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

karl44 wrote:
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
moral codes always attempt it insure the culture which spawned them, as such they are small in scope and insular, chrisitianity suffers from paranoia and xenophobia, it's philosophies promote hate.
secular humanism is far superior (as a moral code) as it includes all humans in "the tribe"
<quoted text>
and this is what passes for an intellectual response, seriously?
you are Skom
your beliefs are like a loose bowel movement
your god looks up from the waiting abyss in anticipation.
Abyss ? You have no idea. And I suppose you call all of the room in your home space. And I suppose you look up to the sky and call it space.
You don't no what abyss or space means do you.

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You are not a woman. Get over it.
Don't worry, I am not really here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your belief system better, May your need for a religious crutch decrease as you become stronger.I dont't mean this as a put down: you are a very decent person (but ease up on Karl, dude).
I dont see it as a crutch any more than I would family or good friends. It is simply a positive in my life than enhances my journey. As for Karl, yes I purposely come down on him hard. It is because for 3 years the guy has done nothing but attack me and in just absurd circumstances. It is like it drives him crazy that others dont share his univeral hate of all Christians and hates to see others get along with me or show me respect. Everybody has their limits and I keep thinking maybe if I keep making it not worth his while he will go his own way but he just keeps trying anyway. Sigh..I guess the onus is still on me to conduct myself is a manner that is decent regardless of what someone else does. Thank you for reminding me.(T) PEACE

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Want to know who really commits a disproportionate amount of the crime in the U.S? FYI: Religion has little to do with it.
http://www.policemisconduct.net/statistics/20...
I know without looking but just keep in mind that poverty, education available to the poor, jobs available to the poor and what kind of crimes are targeted for prosecution and a probation\parole system designed to reincarcerate plays a large role. With that said I am not ignoring personal responsibilty or that other minority groups didnt deal with poverty. But they also didnt face the same social obstacles as far as a level playing field. At the same time imo the breakdown of the family unit is probably at least the third main cause if not the 2nd right after poverty and that is nobody else's fault. Its complicated but yeah, religion isnt a major factor in crime in the U.S. imo.(T) PEACE

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I know without looking but just keep in mind that poverty, education available to the poor, jobs available to the poor and what kind of crimes are targeted for prosecution and a probation\parole system designed to reincarcerate plays a large role. With that said I am not ignoring personal responsibilty or that other minority groups didnt deal with poverty. But they also didnt face the same social obstacles as far as a level playing field. At the same time imo the breakdown of the family unit is probably at least the third main cause if not the 2nd right after poverty and that is nobody else's fault. Its complicated but yeah, religion isnt a major factor in crime in the U.S. imo.(T) PEACE
You should look because you are mistaken. It has nothing to do with poverty either.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you don't think anyone poor is christian either then.
??.......of course there are. A high majority of the country claims Christianty as its religion. How could there not be? And poverty is the main factor behind crime, not what someone's religious beliefs are. Let me try to explain this. A vast majority of this country is of people between 5feet8inches and 6feet1inches.But do you think I would be right if I said height was a main indicator of who will be a criminal? Most criminals would be in that range, as would most Americans but I could point to it and say "see most immoral criminals are taller than 5'8" so clearly their height is why they commit crimes" With all due respect you don't understand the underlying factors for crime or the difference between those and coincidences or irrelevant shared traits

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>You should look because you are mistaken. It has nothing to do with poverty either.
Re-read my post, I am talking about within the segment you are referring to. No point in being coy, onbiously black males commit a disproportionate amount of crime unless those links show things I have never seen before. I cant even pull them up on this phone. My point though is someone cant just claim it is due to race without looking at all the other factors such as poverty, education, a racist criminal justice system and laws, the lack of a level playing field as far as opportunities to advance their socio-economic standing, etc. Yes culturally they have some blame as the breakdown of the family unit is killing their communities. But again, compare like demographics and you will get like results. Race isnt a cause it is simply an indicator because of other factors

“This planet is”

Since: Jun 12

wonderfull

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know the specifics, the mechanics or the details of how he does it. What I do know is when he does it's amazing and its wonderful. But to answer the specifics? That would be almost the equivalent of a cosmologist explaining how an infinite density and temperature phase occurred towards the instant of the Big Bang.
Both God and the Big Bang are quite possibly too much of an indescribable event for our human comprehension to make heads or tails.out of it Kit.
Trying to describe either in words we could grasp simply leads to speculation.
How'd he do it? I don't honestly know.
You do not know because 'he' doesn't exist. The big bang is not an infinite event which means it is possible for a human to understand. Time is infinte which is why it is impossible for us to understand. God is describable beacause it was created in the mind of a human.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Re-read my post, I am talking about within the segment you are referring to. No point in being coy, onbiously black males commit a disproportionate amount of crime unless those links show things I have never seen before. I cant even pull them up on this phone. My point though is someone cant just claim it is due to race without looking at all the other factors such as poverty, education, a racist criminal justice system and laws, the lack of a level playing field as far as opportunities to advance their socio-economic standing, etc. Yes culturally they have some blame as the breakdown of the family unit is killing their communities. But again, compare like demographics and you will get like results. Race isnt a cause it is simply an indicator because of other factors
It is not race either. It is police. Police commit more crimes per capita than the entire American population. Especially assaults and sexual assaults. Like I said look at the link.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 531,461 - 531,480 of683,099
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••