“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#559641 Nov 6, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
That's considered anecdotal information. Worthless, since it cannot be verified, much like deity accounts, not just the Christian deity, but all deity stories and accounts. One is no more reliable than another.
How many inmates did you interview during in processing?
Just how many inmates were you in contact with after they paroled?
Oh ya, I forgot... Silly me. Atheists can't use personal experiences as information....

But don't take my word for it:

"Prisoners may become involved with religion while incarcerated for a variety of reasons ranging from the materially pragmatic to the personal and spiritual. According to research conducted by sociologist Harry R. Dammer, some of the more prominent reasons include:

Gaining direction and meaning in one's life.
Improving one's concept of self.
Promoting personal behavioral change.
Gaining protection.
Meeting other inmates.
Meeting volunteers.
Obtaining prison resources."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_religion

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#559642 Nov 6, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an animal.
I'm telling the elephant man.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#559644 Nov 6, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You spelled inept wrong.
You spelled in depth wrong.

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#559645 Nov 6, 2012
Mirror Mirror two Faced wrote:
<quoted text>Let me repost this for you, so you can point out any mention of sexual orientation. Also, which orientation did you mean, heterosexuals, bisexuals, homosexuals, or transsexuals? If you hate anyone because of their choice to sin, then you should get that fixed.
The natural mind may see nothing wrong with lustful thoughts. But the spirit of God supported with the word of God will tell you better. See the life of Cain for more on evil thoughts Sincerely ask God to break the power of evil thoughts. The stronghold behind lust is our thought life. Ask God to give you a deeper love for His Word and will. Let the love of God dictate your thought life and not the fleeting pleasures of lust
http://www.wordlibrary.co.uk/article.php ...
You are claiming that God hates people due to their sexual choices, sorry, God is not manipulated by your terminology of sexual orientations. There are two sexes, men and women, but all kinds of manners of sins.
Honestly, most Christians do not spend one minute thinking about gay bedroom sins. If you really thought so, how would we ever know until and unless you announce it.
I know that you gays love to lie, but let me help you. There has never been a ballot iniative, until today, where same sex marriage was voted on. In all the other cases, we simply inked in the always prescribed and common definition of marriage. It was then that you gays started your hatred towards all who believed contrary to your delusion. You started attackind old ladies, jumping on cars, defacing and burning churches, attacking the Mormon temple, harming businesses, and threatening people. Grow up, your actions get a reaction, so if you don't like the reaction then change your acions and leave our churches alone. Churches are a place a peace, not a place for burning, albeit the burning is symbiotic of the burning of those who never become part of the church body.
You gays are always attacking blacks, demeaning their plighht and struggle. Well, if you respected blacks you would know that required two constitutional amendments and over 100 years for the courts to enforce them.
I am religious, but not a fundamentalist. Where did I say God hated anyone?

I believe in the main messages of love and tolerance, I never attack blacks in fact I have commented against racism for years.

As for this: "Honestly, most Christians do not spend one minute thinking about gay bedroom sins."

LMAO! You judge their behavior in their private bedrooms, all the time!

good day, hypocrite.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#559646 Nov 6, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not recall yanking your chain. So why are you posting me?
don't you have enough other posters to talk trash to on here?
No.

Location hidden

#559647 Nov 6, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
somebody needs to put you down...
Are you lusting after Kaitlin?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#559648 Nov 6, 2012
karl44 wrote:
The statistical results have been reasonably consistent, christians commit crime at a higher rate than atheists. This is not surprising when you study their philosophy
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realised, the Lord doesn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked Him to forgive me." - Emo Philips

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#559649 Nov 6, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
...another symptom of the disease ...
Again with the mysterious "disease...".

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#559650 Nov 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess "being gay" isn't a sin, but acting on it is. There's no way around homosexual sex & not being a sin.
You are wrong.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#559651 Nov 6, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Again with the mysterious "disease...".
Maybe poverty is the disease...?

After all, she says that being fat is a disease.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#559652 Nov 6, 2012
_Olive_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong.
In what way?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#559653 Nov 6, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Henry for his short, funny comments, filled to the brim with enthusiasm just as much as I like T-Town's.
God isn't real!
Evolution is a lie!
You're dumb!
hahaha
:) total fun
It sounds like the Magic 8-Ball :

&#9679; It is certain!
&#9679; It is decidedly so!
&#9679; Without a doubt!
&#9679; Yes definitely!
&#9679; You may rely on it!
&#9679; As I see it, yes!
&#9679; Most likely!
&#9679; Outlook good!
&#9679; Yes!
&#9679; Signs point to yes!

&#9679; Reply hazy, try again!
&#9679; Ask again later!
&#9679; Better not tell you now!
&#9679; Cannot predict now!
&#9679; Concentrate and ask again!

&#9679; Don't count on it!
&#9679; My reply is no!
&#9679; My sources say no!
&#9679; Outlook not so good!
&#9679; Very doubtful!

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#559656 Nov 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexico isn't America. Again, I don't care what they do, that's up to Mexicans.
A person born into anything does not choose to do so, they are born into it...
I should rephrase, maybe for you.
A person remains poor by choice. Some people born poor become very rich. Some people born poor stay poor. It's their choice.
.. RR, that's a great philosophy except its not the 1950s or 60s ..

.. yes, you can be born poor, pull yourself up by the bootstraps and become successful. Unfortunately, not everyone has the brain power, resources or opportunity to take advantage of a system that favors the rich. Is there always a choice? Sometimes the answer is a resounding "NO." ..

.. one of the organizations I support is KIVA. They loan $$ to the poor to buy laying chickens, stock a grocery store or buy a sewing machines to make/sell clothes. These people will never become wealthy but with a little help, can learn to support and sustain themselves, their family ..

.. are we living in a culture that has lost its spiritual center, a culture where the 'me' is more important than the 'we?' And, if so, is this egocentrism causing crime, decay of morals, etc.??..

.. is religious dogma partially at fault? The, "I'm right, you're wrong," or "my god is the only god," philosophy causing the unrest? Again, the constant bickering on Topix is a microcosm of society at large ..

.. are you, am I, responsible for the damaging posts of the TROLL OF MANY SOCKS? To a degree, yes. We, society, have failed him ..

With Established Harem

#559658 Nov 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
boo-hoo... Yes I have seen it before. I feel no remorse for someone killing themselves for something they know they shouldn't be doing. There's no way a human can get to 300lbs (or more, even) without stuffing their fat face with food, food, and more food. And usually shit food. It's their own fault for being fat.
.. to a degree, you are correct, but, again we're way off focus in this debate ..

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#559659 Nov 6, 2012
_Olive_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am religious, but not a fundamentalist. Where did I say God hated anyone?
I believe in the main messages of love and tolerance, I never attack blacks in fact I have commented against racism for years.
As for this: "Honestly, most Christians do not spend one minute thinking about gay bedroom sins."
LMAO! You judge their behavior in their private bedrooms, all the time!
good day, hypocrite.
Al claps his hands in approval and says "good job _Olive_" :)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#559660 Nov 6, 2012
<quoted text>hard fact. No one is gay. That is like saying a person is a drug addict, but never acted on it. The addiction itself is the sin. God made man and woman, and man and woman made all they e other sin conditions and choice. People have urges, but they never become the urges. Sin is about urges. If a person has an urge to murder, are they a murderer? No. Yes, God says that they have sinned in their heart and can only be cleansed and redeemed by Christ.
You are right, but for the gays sake, fornication is also a sin like homosexuality. God gives on answer, marriage to an opposite sex person.
God also says, that he wishes that all men were single, it is a higher calling, for this man puts God first. He then says, it is better to marry than to burn, but this man is torn with putting his wife above God. This is what Adam did.
If all humans mastered the verses in Genesis 1 to 3, up until man sinned, not the fall, but before the fall. Now, if they are honest and answer these questions. Was homosexuality, fornication, murder, stealing, lusting after others, putting another god before God, etc, even possible. If man had procreated and lived as he did prior to sin, none of these things, including poverty would be a condition of man. Man's fallen condition is a state of his sin nature and absence of his God-father condition.
I don't see gayness the same way I view drug addicts. After all, one can be lustful for their drugs but never take them. Is an ex drug addict still a sinner to you?

I think that gays are free to be gay, but not engage in gay sex. That's where the sinning comes into play.

With Established Harem

#559661 Nov 6, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. it's complex. Basically, it's a spiritual sickness ..
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>IOW, too complex for you to describe. Gotcha. Lame.
.. yes, it is too complex for me to describe. It would take a website to summarize my thoughts ..

.. and, your response is typical of a passive-aggressive self-centered, malignant attitude that permeates society ..

#559662 Nov 6, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I see yer still wasting space on correcting typos...
:) what's a guy to do?

#559663 Nov 6, 2012
<quoted text>No, Al, slorry is not a verse in the Bible either. Yes, I am mental and spiritual too. When I was in college, I tested in the top 1% and went to both UCLA and USC. I would tell you my IQ, but to you it wold be a lie. So, yes I am mental, most humans are indeed that, mental.
Why would I think it's a lie? It's not like you've lied before..........

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#559664 Nov 6, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd get support from me!
thank you!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 min RiccardoFire 96,862
The Topix Keepers (Dec '10) 22 min Bree_Z 15,817
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 28 min mike 605,343
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min Rick in Kansas 265,468
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 31 min Grau 43
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min marge 560,507
Moses never existed 1 hr KiMare 831
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 3 hr yon 4,897
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 6 hr risque 137
More from around the web