Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not the claim of scientists. That was the claim of priests. Scientists like Galileo, Copernicus, Keppler, and Newton put that claim to the lie. Priests like Urban VIII fought it tooth and nail, even arresting Galileo for refusing to recant his "blasphemy."
<quoted text>
I used to teach it.
Oh the poor students that had to listen to your twisted perspectives on the Bible......

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

leahisadoll wrote:
The Bible even forsees the future when it says in Rev 17 that the U.N will destroy false religion. I mean it even says her rivers will dry up
Quite impressive. That's our Vaticinatin' Jehovah-Jesus for you.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

<quoted text>
Here's the creation myth from Genesis:
[1] JEHOVAH-JESUS (Christian) "In the beginning, God created the universe. At first the earth was shapeless and covered in darkness, and God's spirit hovered over the waters. God said, "Let there be light". And there was light. God divided the day from the night, naming them ' day' and 'night'. This was the first day and God saw that it was good. On the second day God made the heavens to separate the water from the earth and on the third day he raised the dry land up from the waters below the heavens and commanded the earth to bring forth all plants. God saw that it was good. God then made the greater light for the day and the lesser light for the night, and he saw hat it was good. This was the fourth day. On the fifth day God commanded the waters to fill with living creatures and the air to fill with birds. And he was pleased with what he saw. On the sixth day God commanded the earth to bring forth all kinds of living creatures and he saw that it was good. God then said " Let us make man in our own image". So God created man and woman in his own likeness and gave them authority over all living things. God looked at everything he had made and was very pleased. On the seventh day, God rested." - Genesis
And here are two others, which are just as close to the Big Bang theory and the theories of evolution and plate tectonics :
[2] MARDUK (Babylonian) "The mighty Marduk took his club and split Tiamat’s body in half. He placed half of her body in the sky and made the heavens (space). He created the moon to guard the heavens, and set it moving back and forth, on endless (time) patrol (energy). With the other half of Tiamat's body he made the land.(matter)" http://mesopotamia.mrdonn.org/marduk.html
[3] ODIN (VIKING) "Odin, Vili, and Vé killed the giant Ymir. The sons of Bor then ... made the world (matter) from him. From his blood they made the sea and the lakes; from his flesh the earth; from his hair the trees; and from his bones the mountains. They made rocks and pebbles from his teeth and jaws and those bones that were broken. Maggots appeared in Ymir's flesh and came to life (life). By the decree of the gods they acquired human understanding and the appearance of men, although they lived in the earth and in rocks. From Ymir's skull the sons of Bor made the sky (space)... The sons of Bor flung Ymir's brains into the air, and they became the clouds. Then they took the sparks and burning embers that were flying about after (time) they had been blown out of Muspell, and placed them in the midst of Ginnungagap to give light to heaven above and earth beneath (energy). To the stars they gave appointed places and paths." http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/creation.html
More delusions? Those stories aren't even close. Marduk & Odin were both one of many gods. Marduk's stories were only recently discovered & it has zero followers. Odin was a false god of gods just like Zeus.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
I'm not the one using a voice modulator on youtube to try and fool people into believing I'm a different sex than I really am.
Pull down your skirt. Your prostate is showing.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
You speak about lust like disaster following it is inevitable - as if you will end up committing adultery or raping if you don't beat it down. I don't understand that. It is like saying that one should never covet an object like a car for fear that he will steal it. That's a huge leap.
Lust is not hard to control - at least not for everybody. Like fire, out of control, it can be destructive. But when controlled, it can power an engine or cook a feast.
I am monogamous. I express my lust with only one person. I enjoy looking at other women, but get worked up with only one. My wife is very content with that. She likes that I have those urges, but reserve them for her. She likes being the only object of my lust in action. If I could extinguish the lust, both of our lives would be less rich. Why would I do that? Why would I try to extinguish that fire? Because a priest said so?
This is an issue of semantics. Sexual attraction IS normal even lust at home with your wife, husband or partner as long as it's mutual is fine. It's the lust for someone that does not meet those prior requirements that's the problem if left unchecked. Attraction can become disorderly, selfish and that can lead to an unhealthy (lust?)
This has nothing to do with a priest, though there are some that go over the top.

One of my prior pastors Bayless Conley did say that in the bedroom, as long as both agree. All is fair Including lusting for each other as long as it's in marriage. AINS, you are are not breaking any of those Biblical rules as I see it..... Well.... No I didn't see it..... I wasn't there lol!

But lusting in general as long as its not constructive? To a relationship can be destructive.

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Double Fine is not lustful in the least.
Not even a little.
Nada.
Not me.
Nope.
Y'wanna see my new tattoo?

;)

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh the poor students that had to listen to your twisted perspectives on the Bible......
The buybull is twisted enough on its own.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Your religion of hate and blood and lies condemns those who do *not* believe.
<quoted text>
Thanks for showing us your religion of hate. You are killing your own religion; you are your religion's worst enemy.
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a nutcase.
Who's the nutcase? The person who posts hate in the name of jesus, or the person who merely points it out?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
So, yellodog, you've changed your name again? Per che?
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
somebody needs to put you down...
Thanks for admitting you want me killed, good christian. You have just proven what I and every non-christian on this thread has been saying about you.

In return for you "somebody needs to put you down" remark, let me return it with "I hope you die really, really soon."

Are you now going to tell me I have no right to tell you to fuck off, yellowbitch? Are you going to tell me that the profanities you earn from me are "more evil" than your wish for my death?

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

<quoted text>
Pull down your skirt. Your prostate is showing.
Katy Perry is more of a man than you are, wussy.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>What disease is that; crime?
.. crime is just another symptom of the disease ..

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So to you, spirituality currupts people, is a disease & causes poverty??
.. no, the exact opposite. We're in this world together. If all we do is think about self, society falls apart ..

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it has nothing to do with the "prison system", it all has to do with the prisoners themselves.
It seems like most of them "find God" while they're in prison, probably because they feel like if "God" is on their side, they'll be protected or get an early release or something.
Then as soon as they are out, they drop God & pick up their bad habits again.
.. basically, you've agreed with my position: prisoners sin, are punished, show remorse, obtain forgiveness then recycle. Same as religion. Can you see the correlation ??..

Since: Sep 10

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I'll give offensive if I choose to. I've seen college textbooks that claim the poor are more prone to every type of crime than the middle or upper class but those same books don't bother mentioning the fact that their statistics are based on defendants who were prosecuted and not including all of those who had charges dropped or settled out of court. Offenders with the cash to hire decent lawyers don't tend to be prosecuted and with the right connections often never have to see the inside of a court room. It's easier to see how justice works for a big fish in a little pond where every fish knows the others' business. I lived in a small town for awhile and it became blatantly obvious that justice is spelled M-O-N-E-Y in America. You could sit on main street and see a rich kid blast through every stoplight going what looked like 60 mph and a cop at one of those intersections didn't so much as blink much less chase the shyt down. A poor kid, OTOH, would get chased and treated like the worst scum on earth.
You, like many other citizens, accept the "poor are more criminally prone" drivel as a shameful fact. Do you think it's not offensive to brainwash the poor into believing that they are a morally inferior class of citizen? Telling people that you don't expect much from them because they are poor is a self-fulfilling prophesy if I ever heard one. Elitists are arrogant pigs.
I resemble that remark.

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh? The poor are victims now?! Everybody in America has the same chances as everyone else. The poor are poor because they choose to be.
.. do you think someone born in Bangladesh chooses to be poor? If so, we must debate in metaphysical terms ..

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Few bad police? I am sorry but if the "good" police know what the bad police are doing and they do nothing about then they are bad police as well.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-lapd-...
http://www.copblock.org/22146/mpd-cop-charged...
http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/10/01/5083...
Down play it all you want but, when they can do no-knock raids on wrong addresses, pepper spray 6 year olds, put cameras in your home and gps trackers on your car with out warrants and kill unarmed people with out repercussion then there is something seriously wrong.
You might like to add these to your list:

Here's my small taser collection:

[1] "Naked Man Falls to Death After Being Tasered by NYPD"
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,427667,00...

[2] "Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl"
http://www.4029tv.com/news/21638427/detail.ht...

[3] "Pregnant Mother Tasered at Baptism Party"
http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/141747/pre...

[4] "Police Taser boy with broken back 19 times"
http://www.wnd.com/index.php...

==========

These are pretty good, too.

[1] "NEVER Ask the Police for “Help"
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archive...

[2] "NEVER Go to the Police for ‘Help’"
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archive...

==========

And this is a must. These Canadians get arrested trying to cross the US border to go shopping. I get enraged every time I hear it:

Audio of incident between Canadian citizen and US immigration officer.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

==========

Here's a palate refresher for you after that - a hysterical voice message that a man who witnessed an accident left:

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I guess you'd say a fat person is a victim of food.....
.. the obese person displays a symptom of a disease process, not the food ..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. crime is just another symptom of the disease ..
I see you still can't quite name that disease.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. basically, you've agreed with my position: prisoners sin, are punished, show remorse, obtain forgiveness then recycle. Same as religion. Can you see the correlation ??..
I like your position.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the obese person displays a symptom of a disease process, not the food ..
Gluttony is a vice, not a disease.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min atemcowboy 538,759
BALI oh BALI 19 min gede sudira 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min BenAdam 599,770
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min Patrick 226,235
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 30 min Student 38,619
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 31 min EdmondWA 94,627
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min JudgeNJury 257,830
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Chris Clearwater 173,271
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••