|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
No god!
a fool has said in his heart there is no God.

what was the going price for your soul henry?

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you find out my real name, Patty?
Have you been spying on me?
That's it, you're a stalker.
Otherwise how could you come up with my real name?
Your actions are demonic and criminal.
you mean i was right you are Dan Savage?

I had you pegged didn't i?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Because I've never heard of anybody driving a Rolls who got roughed up by a cop, or even pulled over in the first place.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
Police Raid Berwyn Heights Mayor's Home, Kill His 2 Dogs

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
Look around you. Where did the sky come from? The trees? All the beautiful flowers? Birds of all kinds? Simple things like the grass you walk on...human beings? Did we really evolve from apes? I don't believe so, but if it's true, where did the apes come from? Did they create themselves? Just look around you at the world as you see it from where ever your standing, and explain to yourself where it all came from. It had to be from a Superior Being. I didn't create it. You didn't create it. People from thousands of years ago ie. cavemen etc, they didn't create it. So, Who did? It had to be somebody. Everything we see and have in our lives came from somewhere and it sure as hell wasn't some "Big Bang" theory! If you've ever seen a baby born, you've seen a miracle. All around you are little miracles. We just have to look for them. If you can do that, you'll know. If you can't, I truely feel sorry for you.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Dang, I wish I'd seen this before posting earlier. You know you could save me a lot of time if you would leave your comments open in your profile.:-/
I think that they automatically go private when I use my phone

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you post just like yellodog and pattiecake. "Obcessed," and "must of."
Same lousy spelling.
Are you still workin' as a windsock at Aero-Tech, Inc?
I do not recall yanking your chain. So why are you posting me?
don't you have enough other posters to talk trash to on here?

windsock?

is that another one of your 'nerd-words' on the computer?

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
So, yellodog, you've changed your name again? Per che?
somebody needs to put you down...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so glad that you and your hatred gets thrown into Hell to burn unceasingly.
Your jesus must be glad you're glad.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it's "grammar". I was checking to see if anyone would nitpick over mine as well, and it appears so :)
Obviously you missed the point.... It's not really over nitpicking, it's over what the original poster chose to correct himself about. Or maybe you didn't miss the point, and you're using it as a platform to attack catcher?
You're a LSOS.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So wrong. The reason why the prisoners claim to be Christian is because now that they done f_cked up, they're trying to repent.
Doesn't matter, they still have a belief in your deity/religion/myth.

They are Christians.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"reality"?? hehe.....
You want God to match your reality?? Is that the only way you can believe?
The Earth did develop over time. Eons, as you put it. This is told to you in the 1st chapter if Genesis.
I know, I know... You think that because it says "day", that MUST mean 24 hours - which is highly improbable...
You know the Hebrew word for "day" is "yom"? Also translated to "eon".
hmmm.....
Some info for you - from a Christian source.

"The Hebrew word for day (yom) can have several different meanings. The meaning is always clear when read in context.

The first reference to “day” in the creation account is in the context of a 24 hour cycle of light and dark,“And God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day”(NASV, see Genesis One).

When the word “day” is used with a number, such as day one, day two, etc., it always refers to a literal, 24 hour type day. This is true 100% of the time. This holds true all 359 times that “day” is used with an ordinal modifier (number) outside of Genesis chapter 1.

There is no Biblical indication that “day” is used differently in the beginning chapter of Genesis than it is throughout the rest of the book, or the rest of the Old Testament.

The “days” in Genesis 1 are always specifically used in connection with the words “evening and morning.” This phrase is used with “day” 38 times in the Old Testament, not counting Genesis chapter 1. Each time, without exception, the phrase refers to a normal 24 hour type day. It is also important to note that this phrase is never used in the Old Testament in a manner which is obviously metaphoric."
http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c002.h...

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. poverty is merely a symptom of the disease ..
<quoted text>
.. fair enough. If you think this statement is inaccurate, please provide a rebuttal instead of a offensive remark lacking information ..
I'll give offensive if I choose to. I've seen college textbooks that claim the poor are more prone to every type of crime than the middle or upper class but those same books don't bother mentioning the fact that their statistics are based on defendants who were prosecuted and not including all of those who had charges dropped or settled out of court. Offenders with the cash to hire decent lawyers don't tend to be prosecuted and with the right connections often never have to see the inside of a court room. It's easier to see how justice works for a big fish in a little pond where every fish knows the others' business. I lived in a small town for awhile and it became blatantly obvious that justice is spelled M-O-N-E-Y in America. You could sit on main street and see a rich kid blast through every stoplight going what looked like 60 mph and a cop at one of those intersections didn't so much as blink much less chase the shyt down. A poor kid, OTOH, would get chased and treated like the worst scum on earth.
You, like many other citizens, accept the "poor are more criminally prone" drivel as a shameful fact. Do you think it's not offensive to brainwash the poor into believing that they are a morally inferior class of citizen? Telling people that you don't expect much from them because they are poor is a self-fulfilling prophesy if I ever heard one. Elitists are arrogant pigs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't need any help doing that.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Poverty is a symptom of what disease?
Greed.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
I cared a great deal about the girl who demanded I give up my vices as she wasnt going to be with someone whose future was probably going to be wasted despite enormous potential and at risk of sounding immodest, from someone more intelligent than most. I wasted my talents because I enjoyed giving into the flesh more than anything else. By the time I didnt, it was too late for who I wanted to be with and only made it that much easier for me to go back to what I knew. The more we do the right thing, the easier and more second-nature it becomes. The same is true for the wrong thing.It isnt so much any one thought or action but rather the road it puts us on.(T) PEACE
I think that I understand your motivations better. It sounds like you had a lot of problems, including "a decade of drug addiction," people that you have hurt, opportunities squandered for lack of discipline, and possibly a year of prison : "street fights which cost me a year of my freedom."

I'm sorry to hear that.

But that might lead you to religion, which offers structure and absolution. You needed those. Christianity promises that you will be forgiven and born again. It restored a sense of direction, value, self-respect and purpose to your life. If so, and if that was the only way to do so, then it worked for you, and I'm happy for you. It's probably why you so avidly defend your faith from the assault of doubt and reason.

But I have those things as an atheist. Doubt and reason are in large part why. If I may borrow from your lexicon, faith would be a sin against my soul. It would be a betrayal of the principles and methods that brought me to where I am, just as I suppose apostasy would be for you. I'm not budging, either.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
Police Raid Berwyn Heights Mayor's Home, Kill His 2 Dogs
It's about time the rich started being held accountable for their crimes. I hope to see more of them getting prosecuted.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I'll give offensive if I choose to. I've seen college textbooks that claim the poor are more prone to every type of crime than the middle or upper class but those same books don't bother mentioning the fact that their statistics are based on defendants who were prosecuted and not including all of those who had charges dropped or settled out of court. Offenders with the cash to hire decent lawyers don't tend to be prosecuted and with the right connections often never have to see the inside of a court room. It's easier to see how justice works for a big fish in a little pond where every fish knows the others' business. I lived in a small town for awhile and it became blatantly obvious that justice is spelled M-O-N-E-Y in America. You could sit on main street and see a rich kid blast through every stoplight going what looked like 60 mph and a cop at one of those intersections didn't so much as blink much less chase the shyt down. A poor kid, OTOH, would get chased and treated like the worst scum on earth.
You, like many other citizens, accept the "poor are more criminally prone" drivel as a shameful fact. Do you think it's not offensive to brainwash the poor into believing that they are a morally inferior class of citizen? Telling people that you don't expect much from them because they are poor is a self-fulfilling prophesy if I ever heard one. Elitists are arrogant pigs.
The plea bargain is a powerful tool in the hands of a District Attorney. The person may be innocent, the original charges might be beat, but oft times a plea arrangement is offered and the defendant takes it, because, as you said, they may not be able to afford the cost of a lawyer etc...

None of that goes into the statistic. It doesn't note the plea bargain to a lesser charge.

The statistic merely shows that a conviction was made.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand Catcher, that lust is a biological incentive to propagate the human race, but its how we deal with it or understand it that becomes the central point whether its good or bad (morality) in a civilized society. Allowing a "human impulse" as you called it to go unchecked is not wise.
You speak about lust like disaster following it is inevitable - as if you will end up committing adultery or raping if you don't beat it down. I don't understand that. It is like saying that one should never covet an object like a car for fear that he will steal it. That's a huge leap.

Lust is not hard to control - at least not for everybody. Like fire, out of control, it can be destructive. But when controlled, it can power an engine or cook a feast.

I am monogamous. I express my lust with only one person. I enjoy looking at other women, but get worked up with only one. My wife is very content with that. She likes that I have those urges, but reserve them for her. She likes being the only object of my lust in action. If I could extinguish the lust, both of our lives would be less rich. Why would I do that? Why would I try to extinguish that fire? Because a priest said so?
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Still want Kaitlin dead, huh Patricia?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I've seen college textbooks that claim the poor are more prone to every type of crime than the middle or upper class but those same books don't bother mentioning the fact that their statistics are based on defendants who were prosecuted and not including all of those who had charges dropped or settled out of court. Offenders with the cash to hire decent lawyers don't tend to be prosecuted and with the right connections often never have to see the inside of a court room. It's easier to see how justice works for a big fish in a little pond where every fish knows the others' business. I lived in a small town for awhile and it became blatantly obvious that justice is spelled M-O-N-E-Y in America. You could sit on main street and see a rich kid blast through every stoplight going what looked like 60 mph and a cop at one of those intersections didn't so much as blink much less chase the shyt down. A poor kid, OTOH, would get chased and treated like the worst scum on earth.
.. you just proved my statement that poverty is a symptom of a disease. It's much more complicated ..

.. the poor are not morally, intellectually or emotionally inferior. They are victims of a society run amuck. We've forgotten how to help each other, how to be kind ..

.. this thread is a reflection of the diseased state of society. Just look at your very first sentence:
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I'll give offensive if I choose to.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min Tim Osman 117,834
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Charlie Sheen 259,344
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min EdmondWA 94,411
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 8 min Aquarius-WY 2,206
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 537,221
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min WildWeirdWillie 172,973
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 17 min trifecta1 599,554
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 2 hr girls united ststes 145

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••