#559432 Nov 6, 2012

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

&fe ature=plcp

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#559433 Nov 6, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I thought of another thing to ask along these lines. You said you believe there is probably intelligent life on extrasolar planets and moons and you doubt man is the most intelliegt life-form in the universe. So how can you rule out the possibility that a higher form of intelligence than man may be singular in species, that it could be God, and could have been the creating force behind human life? Depending on the degree of intelliegence higher than man which we would have no way of knowing, how can you rule out the possibility?
I don't see the relationship between intelligent life evolving naturally throughout the universe and a transcendent, supernatural creator god that allegedly created that universe and its contents. Where are you going with that?

Nor do I rule out the possibility of creator gods. I await evidence. In the meantime, I worship nothing. Why do you do otherwise? And how did you choose which god to worship? There are thousands of them.

Aren't you risking offending our creators if we actually have some, and you have guessed wrongly about their nature? Wouldn't you be offended if your creation depicted you as a petty, vengeful, jealous, judgmental, capricious, megalomaniacal, genocidal, filicidal, sadistic, panty sniffer? I sure would.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#559434 Nov 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know, that the crime rate today is less than 10% of what it was 30 years ago? Violent crimes are down to 1% of what they were 30 years ago. But, there are people who now think that the streets are run by roaming bands of criminals shooting everyone on sight and mugging every passerby.
You are the same as those people who think criminals are on every street corner just wanting to kill, harm, or rob you. You see some news stories, think that's the state of things and that it's so horrible because you see so many new stories, well, it's actually better now, even in police criminal activity, than it was 30 years ago, so much better than anyone with half a mind should be thanking the change that happened during the 80s for being alive today. Even across the globe, this is the most peaceful time in all of history, with the fewest wars and lowest loss of innocent life in all of known history, that's pretty peaceful, we're so close to the world peace that the hippies from the 60s and 70s wanted it's actually imaginable for once.
Here's the thing, the cops have problems, everyone does, and they are not all innocent, but it's not doom and gloom, it's not like every cop that walks past you is going to shoot you for a funny look, trust me I have tested that notion myself. 20 to 30 years ago you heard about your local stuff and that was all, now you hear about the entire globe, you have what is best described as information overload and your perspective is lost, you cannot see the tree through the forest. I remember as a child, walking up with my group of friends to a cop and them putting their hand on their gun instinctively, a few months ago my friends, all street rats, and I walked up to a cop to ask for directions, and he didn't even look at us funny, he just politely gave directions and smiled rather nicely. Things have changed for the better We can make it even better, but you're just trying to make noise, trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill, just to be angry at something, you are, in fact, acting like a christian.
I disagree. All I am showing is the crime ratio of police vs. citizen. All I am asking for is accountability. I am not telling people to run for their lives and hole up in their houses. I know that the crime rate is significantly less now than in the past. Jeepers, try and pay attention. Stop jumping to conclusions before you have all of the info. Personal experience doesn't out weigh statistics and reports. Police commit more crimes on average in the U.S. than everyone else, period. It is fact and I presented the proof. You can say that I am acting like a christian all you want. You are acting like a complacent sheep. What will you do if your house gets raided, your dog gets shot, and you and your children are held at gun point all because they have the wrong address. Read the site they not only have the statistics to back it up they also post individual stories from the news, roughly 13 a day. That is just what they can verify. It does not include unreported offenses.

Fennario

#559435 Nov 6, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
No silly ..Henry you know you're supposed to eat the spaghetti monster! With cheese!
Cheese's Crust has come for our salivation (I Romano 1:2). Do not merely shave him off and cast him aside.

Nor should you forget the Ten Condiments of our Savory, who was born of extra virgin olive oil - Mother Marinara - lest you be thrown out of the Olive Garden.

After being pierced by a twirling fork, the Flying Spaghetti Monster was heaved at the wall, where he stuck and dried for your sins.

Fennario

#559436 Nov 6, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
I dont agree an infinite being needs a creator.
I would say such a magnificent object needs a creator even more than a mostly empty and inert clockwork universe.

But let us not kid one another. You believe because of an urge to believe, not because of a compelling, rational argument. Your argument is fallacious. It depends on special pleading. Since you need the universe to have a creator, but not for the creator to need one, you simply declare that it so.

You pronounce that the universe is simply too impressive not to have been designed, and therefore MUST have a designer. But when asked why your even more impressive god is an exception, we'll, he just is. You simply declare that you don't think "an infinite being needs a creator" and move on.

I cannot be convinced by such an argument.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#559437 Nov 6, 2012
Teez wrote:
<quoted text>
My bad. I apologise for jumping to that conclusion. But, if you believe that all that planets, stars, etc., are created by processes that God has nothing to do with, what then is the purpose of a God? On this, apart from the lack of understanding that you pointed out and I agreed with, there are questions which I posed that, as much as they seem mumbo jumbo, require answers.
And philosophers come-up with fairy tale ideas from nothing?
Take your own advice. I never said that there is no such thing as evolution. So, can you evolve into a new born baby?
You are here to waste time.

Not today

Fennario

#559438 Nov 6, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
@IANS...i think I may see what the disconnect has been. IF (which I am not sure you are saying) the specks you are talking about always existed then that is one thing. Yes if I think an entity as complex as God could have always existed without a creator than of course a less complicated form such as specks would be even more possible that is could exist without a creator. If both are infinite. My issue is what happens next. Which is more likely? That these specks that always existed just up and formed and entire working universe complete with self-replicating species or that God always existed and because He is a vastly intelligent being he set those events in motion? It isnt just whether one or the other could have always existed it is whether the universe could be formed without intelligent guidance is my issue.(T) PEACE
You're making it too complex. Reword it, and you might get my point. What would be the description of the least likely thing to exist. Try to describe anything less likely than a single god. Even a race of gods is more likely than that. Everything else that exists seems to be one of many. Even the universe itself may be one of many, at least according to one leasing cosmogony, the multiverse hypothesis.

Sure, gods might exist. But I'm picturing an eternal amprphous substance that buds universes of every possible type from it. One day in the multiverse - and it had to happen eventually given the nature of the infinite and eternal - a singularity pinched off and expanded in just the right way. Actually, it should happen many times. Why not? Anything that can happen will happen repeatedly given the time.

Sure, that's way out there. But something is the case, and the amorphous blob seems sufficient and infinitely more likely than the perfect, infinite, immortal, morally perfected, omniscient, omnipotent object that you required by your hypothesis. Remember Occam and his Razor. Why assume the least likely thing that could exist does exist, when a mindless blob can do the job? Remember, whatever is not impossible is certain over eternity.

Anyway, it's probably easier for you to just worship a perfect god than deal with all of that. That's fine. But that's where I'm at, and why I can never join you again.

BTW, even the multiverse is natural. There is no supernatural. The word is meaningless. The multiverse may be other-worldly, and its laws may be foreign to us. But if it exists, it is nature, too.

Fennario

#559439 Nov 6, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Lust is a moral problem because it inclines one to perceive and to treat another solely as an object of desire or enjoyment. The lustful heart beats for flesh, not for a person.
I have to disagree, Al. I am grateful to be able to experience lust, just as I am grateful to experience beauty, and humor, and love, too. I am grateful to have an appetite for life, for good food, for travel, for art, and for sex. Why should I be ashamed of any of them? They're all under control. The only one that actually has to be actively controlled is eating.

My lustful heart beats for flesh all right, and it's a great feeling. And it doesn't diminish my respect for the person, who is an object of pleasure at that time. What's wrong with that? I like being such an object myself, so why shouldn't a lover feel the same? In some cultures, and for some spiritual geniuses, lust and sex are elevated art forms.

Why would you say otherwise? I'll bet you feel much the same way. I think that religious instruction has misdirected you, and possibly denied you full enjoyment of the faculties that you were born with.
Tyrone

Cherokee Village, AR

#559440 Nov 6, 2012
Prove there is not!

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#559441 Nov 6, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
He cares about saving his soul from torture. To do that, he'll hate whatever he thinks his god hates.
Seems like ass kissing behavior to me.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#559442 Nov 6, 2012
<quoted text>
I have to disagree, Al. I am grateful to be able to experience lust, just as I am grateful to experience beauty, and humor, and love, too. I am grateful to have an appetite for life, for good food, for travel, for art, and for sex. Why should I be ashamed of any of them? They're all under control. The only one that actually has to be actively controlled is eating.
My lustful heart beats for flesh all right, and it's a great feeling. And it doesn't diminish my respect for the person, who is an object of pleasure at that time. What's wrong with that? I like being such an object myself, so why shouldn't a lover feel the same? In some cultures, and for some spiritual geniuses, lust and sex are elevated art forms.
Why would you say otherwise? I'll bet you feel much the same way. I think that religious instruction has misdirected you, and possibly denied you full enjoyment of the faculties that you were born with.
Double Fine is not lustful in the least.

Not even a little.

Nada.

Not me.

Nope.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#559443 Nov 6, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>And poverty is the main factor behind crime, not what someone's religious beliefs are. Let me try to explain this.
.. poverty is merely a symptom of the disease ..

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#559444 Nov 6, 2012
Tyrone wrote:
Prove there is not!
Like we haven't heard that one before :).... There are pages and pages and pages of comments that adress that issue right here on this thread. Google is your friend!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#559445 Nov 6, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course. No different than a pilot's manual or manifesto.
Is that why you don't adhere to it?
LMAO!

So you think that uf one simply reads a pilot's manual, one can now fly an airplane?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#559447 Nov 6, 2012
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is the death of any religion!
<quoted text>
RIP!
You would like that, huh?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but science only strenghtens Christianity, it doesn't weaken it....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#559448 Nov 6, 2012
HeHe wrote:
<quoted text>
So in other words it can mean anything you want it to.
Nope.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#559449 Nov 6, 2012
Urvashi wrote:
God doesn't exist!!!!Watch 'Ancient Alien' on youtube.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Are you high?
lol

I watched that show, very interesting. But I think that only those that are really stupid (or high) would believe anything that show says. The narrator says "as ancient alien theorists BELIEVE" like avery 2 minutes.....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#559450 Nov 6, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
What you fail to see is that people who are not so trained, not so encultured, can easily point out the logical failures of Christianity. It's a system that only makes sense if you're fully immersed in it - like every religion.
Very good. People that are not trained or learned in Christianity 'know' all about it & can point out any & all 'faults'....

wow

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#559451 Nov 6, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Henry is brilliant!
You just lost like 100 points.....

henry says shit like "of course never a god at all"

And that's it.

Since: Nov 12

West Helena, AR

#559452 Nov 6, 2012
Apocalypse666 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure right here.
God said that he gave man free will.
People whom are mentally ill or mentally retarded have limited control over their actions or impulses.
A mentally ill person in a comatose state or just a normal person in a coma have no free will.
Being that not everybody has free will over the actions of there bodies or the thoughts in there heads including Tourettes syndrome not all people where given free will.
If all people do not have free will then god could have not given all people free will.
We only sin because we have free will but since all people do not have free will sin does not exist
well for one thing adam and eve messed that up for us ... they sin by eating from the tree and for one why do we have ppl that are mental is b/c thats part of the world we have to deal with untill we get to heaven ... and i feel like this is a tempory home for us and kinda of a test to see how we use our free will ... but god did say that he made man with free will but that was before adam and eve sin so theres your answer thank you god and amen!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Anthony MN 558,967
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 5 min Concerned_American 2,421
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min uMAkeWOrldPeaceUI... 175,536
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min Peace_Warrior 604,786
Moses never existed 28 min paint happy 724
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min onemale 265,007
IRA fading away, analysts say (Sep '08) 42 min mohamed the true ... 17
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Michael the Archa... 441,753
More from around the web