|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree there is still much to discover.Was just giving a poster a hard time about a comment he made which was essentially if God existed science would have already discovered evidence of him, ergo he can't exist. I believe their is probably a LOT still left to be discovered both scientifically and with faith...the "when" could be anytime from soon to never till not in this plane of existence or this life but no way do I believe we already know all there is to know about what is out there.
(T) Peace
(T) Peace
we know that the god of the christian bible is mythological.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you seem very confused, you should try to clarify your thoughts.
you appear to be suffering from paranoia and depression.
you might try a new beginning, learn some philosophy and put away that horrible cult that paints your stupid, ignorant, and immoral.
Hey hey....its happy-go-lucky Karl! What's shaking bacon? I mean besides your hands trying to get that Depends taped to your butt? Little piece of free advice...take your head out of there first and it will be an easier fit:)

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you seem very confused, you should try to clarify your thoughts.
you appear to be suffering from paranoia and depression.
You are a slow learner and a very hard-headed idiot, incapable of tearing away from your absent-minded , empty brained agenda.
You should become a free-thinking Christian.

Releasing your hatred is probably your chief stumbling block from departing from your cult.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wow, there's a voice modulator for Linux now? Too cool.
You just can't stand seeing females more intelligent and studied than you. If I was born male, I'd be happier, could have sailed through life.
You are not a woman. Get over it.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>More of your secular humanism? I can see why you would reject love thy enemy, neighbor, and brother...I mean, what would you do all day if you couldnt widdle away the hours hating people you claim oppress you? Normally the ones doing the oppressing wouldn't need a restraining order! When yoj aren't on Topix do you drive by churches and yell at people? You are a fun guy Karl (Skom rolls eyes and chuckles)
Karl is probably in prison, where most atheists are caged for their crimes.

How he is getting to a computer should be investigated.

Now they are going to show stats where most in jails are Christians, but that is a lie. They enter as atheists, then become Christians just to try to fool the parole officers.

Once released, they go back to killing and stealing.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion teaches otherwise, if you were not weak you would not need blind faith or the placebo of prayer.
All I can say is that you only think I'm weak. You are assuming because you don't know me personally.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the church needs be held criminally responsible for sanctifying the bigotry.
This is all because I said you can't see your "LITTLE karl" over your saggy man-boobs isn't it? That was yesterday..quit living in the past man. Or is the age thing catching up to ya and you think it just happened?

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying again. You don't know anything, you dishonest athetrash.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy obsession Batman!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that is the best way to approach morality and even how to live.Pascal's Wager is a joke and it not real belief. However this is one area it can be applied tot hat makes sense and that is morality.
I believe in God. Even if I didn't I believe in morality. I am going to strive to get better at loving my neighbor and doing unto others as they do to me because it is the right way to live.
If when I die if it turns out there is no God, I am not going to regret I lived a relatively moral life for no reason. That would be silly.I would say hey, I tried to live the right way and however the ball bounces after that I am ok with it because the small part I had some say in (how I live my life) I tried my best.
My goal for when I die is to leave the world just slightly better for me having lived in it, not worse. If I do that I can die happy. If there is an after-life to be had then all the better. But even if somehow I knew there was o after-life, I wouldn't change a thing as for how i approach life
(T) Peace
I give you an accolade, you get a wheelbarrow of respect for the evaluation that "Pascal's Wager is a joke"

However you are wrong with:

" I am going to strive to get better at loving my neighbor and doing unto others as they do to me because it is the right way to live."

that is failed christian morals.

"do unto others as I would have them do unto me"

is the correct delivery.

and that is still not the highest ethical position.

but the golden rule is adequate for the kind of intellect that would find itself a christian.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the church needs be held criminally responsible for sanctifying the bigotry.
What bigotry?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Like a car, huh?
<quoted text>
What is the difference between sustaining and nurturing? Bringing the man a sammich?
Being a Christian wife is demeaning.
scaritual wrote:
help, I have been beating my wife with a switch no bigger than the diameter of my thumb (I got grave digger hands) but she likes it!

I cannot find the passage that tells me what to do now!

I am sure the christian can tell me

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Bible was written as the Perfect Word of God, then it would be definite and specific, and once read its meaning would be clear, and continual study of it would yield nothing new.
Study assumes interpretation, and then we get 40,000 different denominations plus several different religions springing up from the same source, because everyone reads something different into it.
if the bible were dictated by a god, it would require no apologetic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
Woody Allen is nothing more than a pedophile and a Hack.
and morally superior to the bible

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>Now they are going to show stats where most in jails are Christians, but that is a lie. They enter as atheists, then become Christians just to try to fool the parole officers.
Once released, they go back to killing and stealing.
People will falsely claim to be Christian not only hoping to earn points with Parole Officers, judges, etc but also it affords them privledges when locked up like going to church, visits from priests, etc. Plus the majority of the population is Christian and to compare stats one would need to compare the same demographic. Atheists as a group tend to be from middle to high incomes. Crime is a bi-product first and foremost of socio-economic factors and the criminal justice system targets minorities and violent crime and people who cant afford good lawyers to get . Take rich White Christians and compare them to rich White Atheists to get the real stats. i'm not bagging on all atheists but i sure think Karl is something else!(T) PEACE

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I give you an accolade, you get a wheelbarrow of respect for the evaluation that "Pascal's Wager is a joke"
However you are wrong with:
" I am going to strive to get better at loving my neighbor and doing unto others as they do to me because it is the right way to live."
that is failed christian morals.
"do unto others as I would have them do unto me"
is the correct delivery.
and that is still not the highest ethical position.
but the golden rule is adequate for the kind of intellect that would find itself a christian.
Karl I could spend all night making you look silly but that seems like a waste of time when your own posts do that already. Only you can find this much to complain about between pleasant, peaceful exchanges. Change your diaper or something. You may have the last word, I am sure you want it

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>I'll be happy ta attend-if ya can get some fella ta turn water inta wine!
Oh! Ya gotta provide nude motorcycle parking too!
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
huh - why all the unreasonable conditions? i'll bet you don't require the same from the angry & unclean crowd when they have a parade:(
look here the lesbian motorcycle club "Bitches on Bikes" rides topless in the parade, we are only asking for competitive entertainment from your god.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were secure and strong as an atheist, you wouldn't be intimidated by our faith practices.
You've replaced the need for faith with the emptiness of your ugly hatred and bitter rotten behavior.
Looks like you are the loser.
Now you are projecting again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
General agreement? Not with me or most of the posters on this thread. I don't get your point.
All powers are higher powers. Lightning is. Hurricanes are.
<quoted text>
Your question is unfocused. I believe that there is probably intelligent life on extrasolar planets and moons right now, so I doubt that man is the most intelligent life form in the universe.
As of now, however, man is the most intelligent creature that we know of.
Is that what you were asking?
oh common

I do not think any of the dolphins are christian

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>People will falsely claim to be Christian not only hoping to earn points with Parole Officers, judges, etc but also it affords them privledges when locked up like going to church, visits from priests, etc. Plus the majority of the population is Christian and to compare stats one would need to compare the same demographic. Atheists as a group tend to be from middle to high incomes. Crime is a bi-product first and foremost of socio-economic factors and the criminal justice system targets minorities and violent crime and people who cant afford good lawyers to get . Take rich White Christians and compare them to rich White Atheists to get the real stats. i'm not bagging on all atheists but i sure think Karl is something else!(T) PEACE
If they falsely claim to be christian, then they are not true atheists. They are still yours.

If you can say it, we can too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

524 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which one sounds the nastiest of all ? 5 min PDX Dave 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Buck Crick 224,039
SIGN of the end-times: the spread of homosexuality 10 min PDX Dave 27
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 10 min Vinod S 4,551
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Liam 532,456
I Say A Little Prayer 15 min Jenji 3
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 19 min USA-1 114,981
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 256,402
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Clearwater 172,271
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 16 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••