Prove there's a god.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#559786 Nov 6, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Behind your back? This is an open forum, dolt.

No, by definition forces do not have power.

Power= work/time and is measured in watts. If you are going to pretend about science, at least get your vocabulary straight.

And, no, I'm not sure why you cannot understand what I'm saying about the fundamental forces, but I'll try to simplify it: we cannot know if they are caused or uncaused.

I didn't say it's absurd that they're caused. I didn't say they weren't caused. It's impossible to know.

It's worth pointing out that no scientific theory, not a single one, invokes a deity to explain anything.
Thanks for proving yourself a liar. He may have been extreme but now I know why Buck never held anything back when responding to you. This is embarrassing for you, or should be. You made the same mistake Aura made.

Yes, power is work/time. A force may not always produce work but the important thing to remember here is that any force is capable of producing a corresponding amount of work. And since we cannot escape time, ya fool, we cannot escape power. The eternal nature of quantum motion implies 'never ending energy'. Energy implies power ya [email protected]

And even if quantum reality could ever be shown to escape time as in the idea of quantum entanglement, then that implies work is done in an instant. Does that take away power? On the contrary my dear stinking lying turd, that just means the integral limit has been reached and that results in something that is or approaches infinite power.

Infinite power; something you or I do not have, yet you seem so bent on pretending to have it or the ability to understand it if it indeed exists.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#559787 Nov 6, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wait till the Gulf of Mexico votes.
BWAHAHAHAHA..!!!!!

Since: Nov 12

United States

#559788 Nov 6, 2012
Wow. So many "christians" talking with their mouth full of BS. Just cause you call yourselves "christians", quote the fabled fairytale, and praise your unworthyness to your imaginary friend, it doesn't make you any better than anyone else, doesn't make you a true "christian", doesn't mean you are right and everyone else is wrong. It's just a freaking book for gods' sakes.

Have any of you ever heard of Vainglory? If you people really consider yourselves to be "christians", then you might want to shut up cause Vainglory IS A SIN.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#559789 Nov 6, 2012
Actually I kinda take part of that back. Technically one might be able to say that work is done no matter if it is measurable or not. Just because work is not measurably done by a force doesn't mean that the force didn't produce 'work that can only be seen on a quantum level'. Hiding can beat her head against the wall and the wall may never move, resulting in no measurable work. But the outer electrons are affected in some way by her forces nontheless. I'd call that work.

Just like Hiding pushes electrons around this forum in an attempt to always come out right about everything

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#559790 Nov 6, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Mack Robama still has a chance if he can capture North Virginia.
I think Rmoney is lost.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#559791 Nov 6, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. crime is just another symptom of the disease ..
What disease? Humanity?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#559792 Nov 6, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You might like to add these to your list:
Here's my small taser collection:
[1] "Naked Man Falls to Death After Being Tasered by NYPD"
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,427667,00...
[2] "Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl"
http://www.4029tv.com/news/21638427/detail.ht...
[3] "Pregnant Mother Tasered at Baptism Party"
http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/141747/pre...
[4] "Police Taser boy with broken back 19 times"
http://www.wnd.com/index.php...
==========
These are pretty good, too.
[1] "NEVER Ask the Police for “Help"
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archive...
[2] "NEVER Go to the Police for ‘Help’"
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archive...
==========
And this is a must. These Canadians get arrested trying to cross the US border to go shopping. I get enraged every time I hear it:
Audio of incident between Canadian citizen and US immigration officer.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...
==========
Here's a palate refresher for you after that - a hysterical voice message that a man who witnessed an accident left:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Yj-6nJCQYdoXX
If you really want to get upset.
www.policemisconduct.net/
The post about 15 new abuses a day.
The statistics page is eye opening.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#559793 Nov 6, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for proving yourself a liar. He may have been extreme but now I know why Buck never held anything back when responding to you. This is embarrassing for you, or should be. You made the same mistake Aura made.
Yes, power is work/time. A force may not always produce work but the important thing to remember here is that any force is capable of producing a corresponding amount of work. And since we cannot escape time, ya fool, we cannot escape power. The eternal nature of quantum motion implies 'never ending energy'. Energy implies power ya [email protected]
And even if quantum reality could ever be shown to escape time as in the idea of quantum entanglement, then that implies work is done in an instant. Does that take away power? On the contrary my dear stinking lying turd, that just means the integral limit has been reached and that results in something that is or approaches infinite power.
Infinite power; something you or I do not have, yet you seem so bent on pretending to have it or the ability to understand it if it indeed exists.
It's impossible to talk to you, Pokay. Your reading comprehension is dismal.

What part of "I don't know how the universe came about" do you not understand? One more time, just for you: I don't know how the universe came about. One more time, just for you: I reject your claims to know. Since you babble nonsense about science continually, making all kinds of crazed proclamations - never any supporting evidence - it's fair to conclude you're crazy. And not in a cute way.

Of the two of us, you're the one pretending to know. You make all kinds of claims about the nature of the universe - none of which you ever back up.

I've never once claimed I have infinite power. Are you insane? I never spoke about quantum entanglement, but here you are claiming that I did and claiming I lied about it. Are you insane?

Let me quote from you "A force may not always produce work but the important thing to remember here is that any force is capable of producing a corresponding amount of work."

To the answer "are you insane?" I'm afraid a resounding "YES!" is appropriate.

Why do you direct your babblings toward me?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#559794 Nov 6, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yer the one that accepted the claim that the poor are more prone to criminal acts. You have a weak mind.
It is more like the poor are the only ones that they bother to arrest because they can't afford lawyers.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#559795 Nov 6, 2012
Pokay wrote:
Actually I kinda take part of that back. Technically one might be able to say that work is done no matter if it is measurable or not. Just because work is not measurably done by a force doesn't mean that the force didn't produce 'work that can only be seen on a quantum level'. Hiding can beat her head against the wall and the wall may never move, resulting in no measurable work. But the outer electrons are affected in some way by her forces nontheless. I'd call that work.
Just like Hiding pushes electrons around this forum in an attempt to always come out right about everything
Didn't you whine about writing behind your back and here you are doing your best to do so against me - don't have the courtesy or courage to write me directly - on an open forum?

I'll tell it to your face: incapable of arguing with me, you turn to impotent insult.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#559796 Nov 6, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible claims pi is 3 and that bats are birds.
You are right, pi should not be used until they complete the equation. Damn those idiot goat herders and their lack of a decimil point.

“What?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#559797 Nov 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The universe exists.
2. The universe had a beginning.
3. Before the beginning of the universe, there was no universe.
4. Since there was no universe, there was nothing.
5. Since the universe does exist, it came from nothing.
6. Nothing comes from nothing by any natural cause.
7. Therefore the cause of the universe is supernatural.
8. Life exists.
9. Life always comes from pre-existing life of the same kind (the Law of Biogenesis).
10. Life cannot come from nonliving matter by any natural cause.
11. Since life does exist, the cause of life is supernatural.
Many people with a naturalistic worldview assume everything can be explained by natural causes. From the beginning, they reject the possibility of a supernatural cause. Because of this they are left with no scientifically valid answers to the question of how the universe could come from nothing, which is impossible by any natural cause of which we are aware. Many answers have been proposed that go beyond the realm of known evidence, experience, facts, observation and experimentation and therefore enter the realm of fiction.
I'll give you 1, 2 and 8.

“What?”

Location hidden

#559798 Nov 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

I'd say our next president, Mr Romney, would seem to disagree with you.
He'll be like 69 years old in 2016.

“What?”

Location hidden

#559799 Nov 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, probably the recipients of the Christian $170 billion that was spent on aid last year...
Sexual aids? Those priests have some imagination, don't they?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#559800 Nov 6, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>I'll tell it to your face: incapable of arguing with me, you turn to impotent insult.
.. when someone spins the "Winning Through Intimidation" wheel, they've already lost ..

“What?”

Location hidden

#559801 Nov 6, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible claims pi is 3 and that bats are birds.
You claim homosexuality is a "learned trait or preference." You're saying that people wake up one day and think "gee, it'd be wonderful to be in a discriminated-against minority group and beat up more at school"?
I was never beat up at school. That was a learned response.

When I was stuck in a public school (for my "social" education), it took the bullies less than 6 hours to single me out as a target. It took me less than 20 seconds to change their minds. Not all homosexuals are vulnerable.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#559803 Nov 6, 2012
<quoted text>
I would say such a magnificent object needs a creator even more than a mostly empty and inert clockwork universe.
But let us not kid one another. You believe because of an urge to believe, not because of a compelling, rational argument. Your argument is fallacious. It depends on special pleading. Since you need the universe to have a creator, but not for the creator to need one, you simply declare that it so.
You pronounce that the universe is simply too impressive not to have been designed, and therefore MUST have a designer. But when asked why your even more impressive god is an exception, we'll, he just is. You simply declare that you don't think "an infinite being needs a creator" and move on.
I cannot be convinced by such an argument.
I don't need to believe.I believe simply because i do. And i have said repeatedly my belief in God is for many reasons and experiences. When it comes specifically to the issue of the universe I find it much more LIKELY an explanation it was created by intelligence than chance. One could say you need not to believe is why you can't see this despite allowing for the possibility of creator gods. Why else would someone think it more likely something so complex was by chance, especially when we know all other finite creation has a creator?

I have also repeatedly said i allow for the possibility my beliefs are wrong.Why is it you seem to keep glossing over both facts? That I think the explanation is more likely and that my beliefs could be wrong? You seem to have a desire to present people of faith as inflexible and irrational but what are you basing that on? Certainly nothing i have said..

Location hidden

#559804 Nov 6, 2012
<quoted text>
These people can't agree among themselves what that power is or is like. That's what tells you that it is a psychological imperative for them, like loving a parent. There are also many different kinds of parents that are loved. It's a survival instinct.
That instinctual god need had been artificially selected for by man for millennia. Those without it were sacrificed as heretics.
That changed with the replacement of medieval theocracies and their witch burnings and inquisitions by modern secular democracies. Now, we skeptics are only subject to social pressure like the occasional car keying, business boycotting, or pet beheading. As a result, the religious instinct is becoming much less common in the general population.
<quoted text>
I don't see the point of this. How does it relate to gods?
It relates to God only insofar as if one rules out the possibility there can be higher intelligent beings out there, even a God. This is the first time I have ever seen you say you allow for the possibility there is a creator god but you would need proof.I have thought you had always maintained the answers are grounded in science and even the ones that can't be found, that no answers can be found spiritually.

Well spiritual beliefs believe God exists and He is the most intelligent being in the universe. So aren't you contradicting prior statements when you claim/imply spiritual beliefs are useless when those same beliefs happen to believe things you admit you can't rule out as a possibility?

Although perhaps I didn't understand you before.Now that I know you allow for the possibility of a creator God then we really have no issue.I understand you would require proof. I don't as faith is enough for me.(T) Peace

Location hidden

#559805 Nov 6, 2012
OBAMA WINS

Close elction

“What?”

Location hidden

#559806 Nov 6, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text> You seem to have a desire to present people of faith as inflexible and irrational but what are you basing that on?
Have you actually read some of the "christian" posts on this thread? You are a minority Christian; as far away from their putrid vileness as I am.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min confrinting with ... 675,533
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 19 min buckwhack 6,230
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 21 min buckwhack 110,203
exhibitionism (Jul '13) 3 hr exhib 8
----*PUBLIC REBUKE to: --TV Preachers, POPE---- 3 hr stirringYTube 1
Call for Gov Asa Hutchinson To Resign 4 hr Hiddn Numbrz 1
My NEW SPECULATION about the mystery vehicle an... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 14
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,738
More from around the web