530,981 - 531,000 of 732,844 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#559112 Nov 5, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
How can you lose when you have a telepathic, psychopathic, ultimate weapon on your side?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xwVqW6J4FRcXX
Oh, sorry Christians. I'm sure he's not ultimately psychopathic.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#559113 Nov 5, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice looking dog.
I have girls - a black lab and a puggle https://www.google.com/search... .
Have you heard this one?:
Have you heard this one?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#559115 Nov 5, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
How can you lose when you have a telepathic, psychopathic, ultimate weapon on your side?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xwVqW6J4FRcXX
That is only because she is really a robot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#559116 Nov 5, 2012
Resurrectionologist wrote:
The subjects of God and science are compatible
Yes, they are, but you're a few centuries too late in switching gears on this one. Christianity is on an arc to irrelevance, and I do not think that you can stop the momentum of that trajectory in the time remaining before you lose your voice.

Do you understand what I mean by that? The Druids used to call the shots in a time and place long ago and far away. But now, you can't hear them. You might not even have known that they are still around. which is my point.

After pope Urban VIII looked through Galileo's telescope, he had a choice. He could have said, "Look at how marvelous our god is!"

But he didn't. He eventually had Galileo arrested, a short-sighted remedy for a nonexistent problem.

Here it is centuries later - the eleventh hour for Christianity in the West - and the pope finally capitulated and apologized to Galileo's memory. He also embraced evolution.

But nobody cares. It's far too late for that. The Christian church is irrevocably cast in the role of the enemy and opposite of science for at least as long as it takes for that light to dim from view.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#559117 Nov 5, 2012
Rose THeodors wrote:
<quoted text>You're right
Told ya. Are you just now getting that?

Being slow is not a disability.

I can teach you how to tie your shoes.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#559118 Nov 5, 2012
Rose THeodors wrote:
<quoted text>You're right, sorry gay atheists, all gays are ultimately psychopathic. You are not alone. It is not your fault, it is not you, it is the gay condition. IN your evolution world, after 200,000 years, only 10 countries have same sex marriage, no one has voted for it, and only less than 90% of humans accept homosexual deviancy as a part of social construct.
Psychopathic is wishing people who steal a candy bar get tortured for all eternity. Gay people generally don't want that, actually, most gay people I have met just want everyone to be happy.

Oh, and why are you so obsessed with gay people? Makes people wonder what's in your closet.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#559120 Nov 5, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>That is only because she is really a robot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =kpsfiNNXGsUXX
That was awesome.

The mods are scolding me every time I post. I think I made the wittle doctor mad.

He's standing on the pooooosie button.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#559121 Nov 5, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
Revisionism!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#559122 Nov 5, 2012
Rose THeodors wrote:
<quoted text>There is significantly greater medical, psychological, and relational pathology in the homosexual population than the general population.
Psychiatrist Dr. Robert Spitzer defends the possibility of sexual reorientation outside an APA meeting
I have said this a million times, and I will say it a million more. Psychiatrists are like preachers, con artists who crave money and power, and nothing more. Both have assumptions and presuppositions based only on their own personal ideals and nothing based in hard evidence. You really are easily fooled.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#559123 Nov 5, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I have said this a million times, and I will say it a million more. Psychiatrists are like preachers, con artists who crave money and power, and nothing more. Both have assumptions and presuppositions based only on their own personal ideals and nothing based in hard evidence. You really are easily fooled.
Did I tell you about the time when I put the Wolf spider under my psychiatrist's coffee cup when he was searching for a book?

When he picked up the cup, the spider dropped in his lap.

It was classic. He had to change his clothes.

He blamed it on me but I just smiled.

Fennario

#559124 Nov 5, 2012
[QUOTE who="Laconic Assassins"do you think that an atheist who does not drink or smoke at all, is a better person than a Christian who does sometimes?[/QUOTE]

Usually, if the atheist is a humanist rather than an astrologer or a Stalinist.

As you can see from that, atheists come in radically different flavors. "Atheist" is really not a very descriptive word, although it's all the Christian generally cares to know about a freethinker.

In my experience, humanists tend to be better people than Christians. Christians only claim to be moral, but I see not morality in obedience. Morality requires self-actualization, something pretty nearly impossible for somebody that believes that he is sinful flesh being watched and judged 24/7.

If you teach a child such things about itself, and never stop judging it or let it wander from your view, it cannot completely mature, right? It cannot fully develop into the responsible, autonomous individual that is latent in him.

Same with Christians. They can rarely self-actualize under the microscope of an angry, judgmental, capricious, volatile, jealous, and vengeful baby sitter.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#559125 Nov 5, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I tell you about the time when I put the Wolf spider under my psychiatrist's coffee cup when he was searching for a book?
When he picked up the cup, the spider dropped in his lap.
It was classic. He had to change his clothes.
He blamed it on me but I just smiled.
That was actually cool. I love spiders, almost as much as I like cats.

It's odd that some people still have the instinct to fear spiders, especially people who pretend to know more about the brain than they do. I think this is irony.

Fennario

#559126 Nov 5, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
your mind has been raped by demons and they do not permit you to think.
Seriously? Look at you. You're mind has been raped, but not by demons. By your priests.
Laconic Assassins wrote:
You have lost your mind, so you stay in the past and yearn for the future, and live not in the present now. You will never find God until you live in the now.
You Christians project to beat the band. It's amazing to see. A Christian has already written of this life. He learns to despise "the world" and his own substance, "the flesh"

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." - James 1:27

"For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh" -
Romans 8:3

This teaching alienates you from the rest of us, who are proud to be human and alive in this world here and now, and forces your gaze to fix on your promised reward. You are told repeatedly how insignificant this life is compared to the future. Were you unaware of that?

Fennario

#559127 Nov 5, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not about control, thats just how you feel.
The church is all about control and exploitation. Bishop John Shelby Spong said it best:

"Religion is always in the control business and that's something people don't really understand. It's in the guilt-producing, control business.... and so they create this fiery place which has quite literally scared the hell out of a lot of people throughout christian history. And it's part of a control tactic.

"The church doesn't like for people to grow up, because you can't control grown-ups. That's why we talk about being born again. When you're 'born again' you're still a child. People don't need to be born again, they need to grow up."

Fennario

#559128 Nov 5, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"Magic" is such an elementary way of explaining God's power. I guess if that makes it easier for you.....
Magic is as descriptive as the bible on the matter. How does your god do what he does that is better described in other words? Are there forces or laws at work? If so, please describe them, and how you know about them.

For all we are told about it, your god might fold his arms in the horizontal and twitches his nose like Jeannie. Or like this witch :
[four second video]

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#559129 Nov 5, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That was actually cool. I love spiders, almost as much as I like cats.
It's odd that some people still have the instinct to fear spiders, especially people who pretend to know more about the brain than they do. I think this is irony.
It was the inevitable "Don't underestimate me" period in our therapy.

Damn, I miss therapy.

That dude had so much to learn.

Fennario

#559130 Nov 5, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
They obey him because they love him idiot, out of the transformation they love God.
I love my wife, but I don't obey her. Nor does she obey me.

The people I obey, such as law enforcement, I don't love.

Your comment is childlike, which is what I was referring to in a recent post about Christian moral development being stunted as a result of the 24/7 angry baby sitter. I don't feel any love for their god coming from Christians. How can you love something that threatens you with eternal torture for not worshiping it?

Did you ever see the episode of the Twilight Zone with a kid named Anthony played by Billy Mumy of Lost In Space fame, who was relatively omniscient and omnipotent. He could do magic, read minds, and kill people who didn't kiss his behind. Look at this clip. This is the kind of "love" I see Christians demonstrating for their god. It might give you a chill :

Fennario

#559131 Nov 5, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You read my initial sentence incorrectly. I didn't write "If God exists..." I wrote "If there's a god, and it's got a moral code..."
I wasn't referring to a deity from any religion.
Sorry. I thought that you were referring to Skombolis' god.

Fennario

#559132 Nov 5, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS gets a lot of "first sentences" wrong... I think that's why she misinterprets the Bible so badly.
Why must it always be personal for you? Do I insult you or even discuss you personally? No. As personal as I get with you is to share dog data and tell you a joke.

I had called you on this behavior once or twice before, and forgiven you thereafter. But it's obviously a habit of thought with you, and won't end. So be it. I take it as permission to go further with you, and I will.

I see this as a character deficiency in you, one I see in most Christians. If one criticizes their god or religion, they swarm like hornets. I don't blame you beyond your capitulation to faith. This behavior is implicit in your church's instruction and example.

Your church builds small people. We can do better without it.

Now, do you want to behave civilly, or continue in this manner? I won't tolerate your insolence. And I think that I can defeat you in any battle. Your choice, Christian.

Fennario

#559133 Nov 5, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Nah. He's [IANS] correct about the Bible.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
How do I type a loud laugh?
Just type "hee" and "haw" :
[video of four-legged braying jackass].

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min confrinting with ... 538,842
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Charlie Sheen 257,886
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 7 min yon 2,421
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 11 min Jolly 23,936
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Believer 226,296
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min Chosen Holy Dr Sh... 599,856
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min An NFL Fan 117,960
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 31 min bacon hater 94,654
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••