Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Blah. Wiccans and their "magic/nature" hoodoo voodoo crap. Don't they realize that the "New Age" trend has died a long time ago? I suppose after a person spends thousands of dollars on crystals and incense that they can't let it all go to waste.
<quoted text>
Like christians and their prayers, and their li'l savior and their belief that they're forgiven and that non-believers all go to their hell.
What a silly fad.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>your point?
Christianity is just as much a "fad" as Wicca or any Nature religion. More so, actually; it promises "salvation" from imaginary tortures.

I'm glad that the majority of christians here are killing their own religion.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Blah. Wiccans and their "magic/nature" hoodoo voodoo crap. Don't they realize that the "New Age" trend has died a long time ago? I suppose after a person spends thousands of dollars on crystals and incense that they can't let it all go to waste.
<quoted text>
Like christians and their prayers, and their li'l savior and their belief that they're forgiven and that non-believers all go to their hell.
What a silly fad.
<quoted text>
Christianity is just as much a "fad" as Wicca or any Nature religion. More so, actually; it promises "salvation" from imaginary tortures.
I'm glad that the majority of christians here are killing their own religion.
and you are telling me this why? Is it because you agree that wiccans are trendy rejects that can't let go of the 90's?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. This coming from the same person that thinks Christianity is a fad.
You're so sad......
No, you are still putting words into the mouths of other people as well as interpreting what you want.

Christianity is not a fad, it is a scam, like Scientology only older.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are still putting words into the mouths of other people as well as interpreting what you want.
Christianity is not a fad, it is a scam, like Scientology only older.
Yah.

The only difference between a "cult" and a "religion" is the amount of rust.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yah.
In 20 years chritianity will be gone and we'll be trying to show Scientologists that they're idiots, same story, different day.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>and you are telling me this why? Is it because you agree that wiccans are trendy rejects that can't let go of the 90's?
Meh, christians are trendy rejects who can't let go of the 100's, at least the wiccans are more up to date.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yah.
Oh, so that brown stuff is rust? I thought it was BS.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

dnky oe wrote:
the different seasons, caused by how far and how close the earth gets to the sun.
This part is wrong.

The seasons are caused by the earth's axialtilt, the angle by which its axis deviates from the perpendicular to the plane in which it orbits the sun. Thus, the north pole tilts toward the sun in one part of the orbit, and on the other side, six months later, the north pole will be tilting away from it as the south pole tilts toward it.

The earth orbits the sun in an ellipse, with the sun at one of its foci. This means that the earth is closest to the sun once a year. It turns out that the south pole is pointing at the sun at this time, and getting its maximal sun exposure. This is summer for the southern hemisphere. The northern hemisphere gets its fullest sun six months later when the earth is as far from the sun as possible - its summer. Thus the seasons depend on the tilt, and NOT the distance from the sun. If you live in the northern hemisphere, your summer comes when the earth is furthest from the sun, not closest.

This illustration is labeled from a northern hemispheric perspective: http://oceanworld.tamu.edu/resources/ocng_tex... Note that when the earth is closest to the sun, it is winter in the northern hemisphere because the north pole is tiled away from the sun. That is the southern hemisphere's summer.

Thus, distance from the sun is not as important a factor as the angle and direction of the earth's axial tilt.

Interestingly, the angle of the axial tilt, presently 23.44 from perpendicular varies between 22.1 degrees at its minimum to 24.5 degrees at the maximum over a 41,000 year cycle. The more upright the earth, the less extreme the seasons.

Furthermore, at the same time, the earth is precessing like a top over a 26,000 year cycle, which moves the date of the solstice (see precession of the equinoxes). In 13,000 years, the earth's north pole will no longer be pointing at the northern star (polaris), and summer will occur for the northern hemisphere when it is closest ti the sun, not furthest as is the case presently. http://ancientegypt.hypermart.net/royalarch/

And believe it or not, both the orientation of the earth's elliptical orbit and its degree of eccentricity - its departure from perfect circularity - also cycle.

The first of these is called the earth's anomalistic precession, or advancing of the perihelion. http://www.daviddarling.info/images/perihelio... This cycle occurs over about 112,000 years.

The eccentricity of the earth's orbit varies from a minimum of .0034 (zero means perfect circularity) to a maximum of 0.0580 (mean eccentricity is 0.0280) and back again over a period of 413,000 years.

Who knew, huh?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I never really got close enough to find out myself.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

En Sabah Nur wrote:
Religion and faith in whatever god does not guarantee anyone's safety or trust, etc.
Then why worship?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Meh, christians are trendy rejects who can't let go of the 100's, at least the wiccans are more up to date.
Magic is magic. No playing favorites now or else the tooth fairie will get you.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31fg00r...

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
In 20 years chritianity will be gone and we'll be trying to show Scientologists that they're idiots, same story, different day.
Oh, joy.

*eye roll*

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sshhh!!

Hi, Browncoat.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Sshhh!!
Hi, Browncoat.
Ddn't the Browncoats lose?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that ship has sailed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

En Sabah Nur wrote:
3/4ths of people who call themselves Christians are fakes. They wear a mask and proclaim god, but are hiding their true colors.
More than that. Nietzsche said that the last true Christian died on the cross. He was probably exaggerating a skosh, as I'm not sure that Christ even qualifies, since he raged at pharisaical money changers and barren fig trees. But the point is well taken nevertheless.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Ddn't the Browncoats lose?
Who told you it was over?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Resurrectionologist wrote:
If the Christian husband really reads and understands the NT it's pure context, it becomes very clear and simple. The wife is to be loved and protected.
Like a car, huh?
Resurrectionologist wrote:
The task of the wife is to nurture the family, while both husband and wife work equally to sustain the family in it's entirety.
What is the difference between sustaining and nurturing? Bringing the man a sammich?

Being a Christian wife is demeaning.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Who told you it was over?
http://whedonesque.com/comments/25899

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Ddn't the Browncoats lose?
No.

How can you lose when you have a telepathic, psychopathic, ultimate weapon on your side?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

757 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Liam 532,693
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min shyam 4,695
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Aura Mytha 224,150
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min dirty white boy- 599,074
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 18 min Uzi 36,513
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 19 min Aura Mytha 5,237
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 24 min RiccardoFire 93,701
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 30 min Hate troublemaking arabs 115,057
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 52 min Lyndi 172,357