“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#558997 Nov 4, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
You will see Jesus. It will not be pleasant
Are you bringing out the scary Jesus chicken on the stick to shake at us again?: "Chicken arise! Arise chicken! Arise!"
[5 second video of Billy Witchdoctor DOT com]

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#558998 Nov 4, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
PSST! Then *where* is he?
A couple had two little boys, ages eight and ten, who were excessively mischievous.
The two were always getting into trouble and their parents could be confident that if any mischief occurred in their town, their two young sons were involved in some capacity. The parents were at their wit's end as to what to do about their sons' behavior.
The parents had heard that a clergyman in town had been successful in disciplining children in the past, so they contacted him, and he agreed to give it his best shot. He asked to see the boys individually, so the eight-year-old was sent to meet with him first. The clergyman sat the boy down and asked him sternly, "Where is God?"
The boy made no response, so the clergyman repeated the question in an even sterner tone, "Where is God?"
Again the boy made no attempt to answer, so the clergyman raised his voice even more and shook his finger in the boy's face, "WHERE IS GOD?"
At that, the boy bolted from the room, ran directly home, and slammed himself in his closet. His older brother followed him into the closet and said, "What happened?"
The younger brother replied, "We are in BIG trouble this time. God is missing and they think we did it!"
In order for God to be the greatest conceivable thing He must EXIST IN ALL PLACES, be all knowing, and all powerful. If the being/thing that you are thinking of does not fit this criteria then that being/thing is not God.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#558999 Nov 4, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Magic" is such an elementary way of explaining God's power.
I guess if that makes it easier for you.....
Myth works well.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#559000 Nov 4, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
You are below eveybody here except from hidingfromyou mentally. I wouldn't yet just little girl, I don't need an insecure brats love and security.
Wrong sock...

Fennario

#559001 Nov 4, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
If there's a deity who created the universe and has a moral code and an afterlife, you'll be ok, Skom.
I don't see how. If that god exists, everybody is damned. For starters, it's capricious and it's word is no good.

Second, what business does a moral god have making monsters and torture pits? And why punish sin, or punish it by keeping the sinning soul alive forever to be punished to the benefit of nobody except a sadist? Which sadist?

Third, likes to be worshiped by souls with free will. A third of the angels failed that test already, and given infinite time, all admitted into heaven will eventually rebel. How long do you think you would hold out in heaven with free will? A billion years? A billion billion years? How about that a billion times over? Who can last that long? Maybe one person. Could he do it twice? Ten times? A billion times?

As Woody Allen noted, "Eternity is really long, especially near the end." Eventually, one day, everybody weakens, and like the rebellious angels, will be cast out of heaven into the fire forever without hope of parole.

We should all hope that no such creature exists.

Fennario

#559002 Nov 4, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
An Asian friend of mine said he had a Buddhist way of life, a Taoist philosophy and a Christian religion.
Please let us know how long the Christian part tolerates the Taoist and Buddhist parts.

You might like this :

“Skepticism is my nature. Freethought is my methodology. Agnosticism is my conclusion. Atheism is my opinion. Human[ism] is my motivation.”- Jerry DeWitt

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#559003 Nov 4, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Myth works well.
Whatever works for ya, scar.

“Once You've Gone Witch---”

Since: May 10

"--You Won't Ever Switch!"

#559004 Nov 4, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Outing you freaks is not ill.
Outing freaks like you isn't ill, butt boy.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#559007 Nov 4, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see how. If that god exists, everybody is damned. For starters, it's capricious and it's word is no good.
Second, what business does a moral god have making monsters and torture pits? And why punish sin, or punish it by keeping the sinning soul alive forever to be punished to the benefit of nobody except a sadist? Which sadist?
Third, likes to be worshiped by souls with free will. A third of the angels failed that test already, and given infinite time, all admitted into heaven will eventually rebel. How long do you think you would hold out in heaven with free will? A billion years? A billion billion years? How about that a billion times over? Who can last that long? Maybe one person. Could he do it twice? Ten times? A billion times?
As Woody Allen noted, "Eternity is really long, especially near the end." Eventually, one day, everybody weakens, and like the rebellious angels, will be cast out of heaven into the fire forever without hope of parole.
Woody also said "It's not that I'm afraid of death, I just want to be there when it happens."
endtime

AOL

#559008 Nov 4, 2012

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

&fe ature=plcp

Location hidden

#559009 Nov 4, 2012
Mr Lazlo wrote:
<quoted text>
Woody also said "It's not that I'm afraid of death, I just want to be there when it happens."
Uggh don't

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#559010 Nov 4, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Magic" is such an elementary way of explaining God's power.
I guess if that makes it easier for you.....
Do you believe that humans can work magic?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#559011 Nov 4, 2012
This place turned into douchebag central.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#559012 Nov 4, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You read my initial sentence incorrectly. I didn't write "If God exists..." I wrote "If there's a god, and it's got a moral code..."

I wasn't referring to a deity from any religion.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#559013 Nov 4, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believe that humans can work magic?
Nope. Not at all. You?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#559014 Nov 4, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You read my initial sentence incorrectly. I didn't write "If God exists..." I wrote "If there's a god, and it's got a moral code..."
I wasn't referring to a deity from any religion.
IANS gets a lot of "first sentences" wrong... I think that's why she misinterprets the Bible so badly.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#559015 Nov 4, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS gets a lot of "first sentences" wrong... I think that's why she misinterprets the Bible so badly.
Hey! Everyone does don't they?
Heck, I even made one onetime myself!

Location hidden

#559016 Nov 4, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
You are below eveybody here except from hidingfromyou mentally. I wouldn't yet just little girl, I don't need an insecure brats love and security.
Now you've hurt my feelings :(

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#559017 Nov 4, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believe that humans can work magic?
Blah. Wiccans and their "magic/nature" hoodoo voodoo crap. Don't they realize that the "New Age" trend has died a long time ago? I suppose after a person spends thousands of dollars on crystals and incense that they can't let it all go to waste.

Location hidden

#559018 Nov 4, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Blah. Wiccans and their "magic/nature" hoodoo voodoo crap. Don't they realize that the "New Age" trend has died a long time ago? I suppose after a person spends thousands of dollars on crystals and incense that they can't let it all go to waste.
Hey I still have my pyramid over my bed dude. I also still have my orgone accumulator. Man that stuff is expensive dude.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min onemale 265,482
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Chess 560,576
Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 19 min Swedenforever 96
My wife want mee to peeing her mouth every time... 27 min vicky9669 2
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 32 min Mandela 37,845
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 605,359
Moses never existed 1 hr thewordofme 838
Gay snapchat names 2 hr addictive420 182
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 20 hr risque 137
More from around the web