Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

dnky oe wrote:
<quoted text> So we see these creations of man and but yet we also see things man can barely explain and attribute them chance, though these other creation far surpass mans intellect or understanding. Who would be believe a man threw a bunch of metal, electronics and rubber into a pile and came back sometime later to find a lamborghini. And then believe no one touched that pile.
No thinking human being has ever made that claim, and those who don't believe in Creation, DO NOT believe that everything came to be 'just by chance'. We don't have the scientific knowledge, yet, of what events led to the current universe, including everything that we individually can see, but we do have enough scientific information to know how our part of the universe came to be (how the earth and the visible other bodies came about). The Big Bang Theory provides a credible explanation of what immediately preceded what we see today, but it does not give us any information of what occurred in the infinite period prior to the 'Big Bang'.

Since we are talking billions of years ago, anyway, it is kind of difficult to be able to go back and look at what happened
billions of years ago. From what we can obtain samples of, on our earth, and the few other bodies that man has visited, we can determine much about how they came about. We know many of the steps that occurred in the formation of the earth, and the history of earth's evolution up to the present, because the records are preserved within the surface of the earth (rocks, etc).

We have traced various major events on the earth, by the records in the ice, rocks, and by dating various items. Through these methods we know that the earth did not suffer a complete Flood covering all land and killing off all living things, during the period since man has been able to leave behind records, and we also know that the amount of water necessary to completely cover all the land mass of the earth cannot exist on this earth - so a Flood never occurred.

Smaller area floods occurred and continue to occur covering very small parts of the earth, but the water that covers these areas is taken from the existing water supply of the earth, so what water covering certain geographical locations at any one time is removed from the overall supply to the rest of the earth.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I see so you are anti-freedom? A person who hates Democracy, hates freedom. A person who hates Christianity hates God, and a person who hates English is not American.
I hope you don't live here in America feeling that way.
democracy is not american idea
World Christinaity is not true God Yahveh religion,2 cor 11;13-15.
English is not american.
americans adopted this language by 1 more vote from German
english is from England Europa

and your are dumb ,and your uneducaated stupidity reach skies scrapers of New York Manhatan slums in NEW YORK

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Mirror Mirror two Faced wrote:
<quoted text>You must hate yourself? We simply pity your kind.
Take note, most of the poster's here have a strong need to lash out with unkindness and cruelty. From my observations thus far they are under the delusion that topix is not a place to share opinions or voice thoughts in a constructive manner. No, they believe topix was designed as a place to verbally abuse others just because they can.

As we all know only very insecure people mistreat others.

Since: Nov 12

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I see so you are anti-freedom? A person who hates Democracy, hates freedom. A person who hates Christianity hates God, and a person who hates English is not American.
Hate is such a strong word. Disagree? Sure, cause they are normally used in negative and controlling ways to make the rest of the world into a "perfect" image of what the conformists truly believe should exist. Everything that America was supposed to be has been destroyed for very long time. Stop being a blind, brain-washed sheep and open your eyes.

Freedom can have different meaning to different people. Christianity had hundreds of years of bloodshed in the name of their faith and god cause they wanted to conform (cleanse) the world, but was basically their judgmental and discriminating attitude. Just like you are judging me without using your brain 1st. No, I'm not anti-american. No, I am not anti-christ. and No, I am not anti-english. BUT I AM ANTI-CONFORMIST!

Democracy is no different from Christianity cause it's also used as an excuse for war and is backed by Christianity. It's all part of a New World Order, as they try to conform everyone to 1 faith, 1 government, and 1 language.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
who cares of your agree or not.
your stupidity is above average meter of water level after storm sandy in New York
Thanks for proving my point

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it you who didn't believe there was more than one patty in that area?
No that wasn't me, and I really don't care if there are 100 Patty Hadley's in that area; all that concerns me is the one who posts here, now using three (at least) different aliases, yet denying she does this.

I am not concerned about Patty Hadley, other than how she treats people on this site, and how she lies about herself, but constantly accuses others of lies when they are telling the truth.

I have a concern for Patty Hadley's several mental illnesses, though, as it appears that she is incapable of coping with life, and needs help.

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Botz r us wrote:
<quoted text>
drop us a line when youve emigrated to the islamic dictatorship until then STFU
Ah, what a sad sheep you are, so blind and lacking true intelligence. The slaughterhouse awaits your kind.

As for Islamic dictatorship and immigrating? Bhwahahaha! Perhaps you need to stfu.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
that was your answer, not a scientist's answer.
animals do not possess a moral conscience.
ONLY humans do.
that is a fact.
If morality was simply a "trait" then everyone would opperate on the same level of moral standards.
Animals do exhibit moral conscience , some are learned some are instinctive. These are mostly learned traits that are cultural in humans though some are clearly determined universally and overlap culture. But you are dead wrong in the first premise that
"animals do not possess a moral conscience".

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you failed to comprehend the point entirely, I'll spell it out for you.
Scientific minds don't care about the who, only the how. It seeks answers where blind people have inserted made up non-answers like "god dun it."
Do you really think that science has all the answers?

Don't get me wrong, science is awsome. It has it's place like everything else. BUT, science does not know how life began.
Science only cares about adopting theories that may or may not be conclusive. Show me one thing science has ever made or discovered that was not already here to begin with?

I had to laugh the other day when i saw a news release on 'fish oil' pills. for the last 15 years or so, science 'established' the reliable and sure benefits of taking fish oil suppliments for a healthy heart, and lower chelostrol.
a few days ago, the medical report came out saying, "hey guess what? we have suddenly discovered that fish oil suppliments don't work".(laughing)

This is a regular occurance in the world of science.
Trial and error. assumptions. Theories.
but no conclusive answers. Fact is the only conclusive and sure answer is God.
His work proves that.
Ann

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You, nor I will know that untill we cross over and exchange human for spiritual.
Do you remeber in the bible when Moses wanted to see the face of God and God told Moses you can not see My face and live?
God is referred to as "an all consuming fire", power.
to answer your question if we knew how God does what He does, then we to would be gods.
Maybe god has a really big nose and he didn't want Moses to laught at him, so he made up the "can't see my face and live" part.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on the kind of faith, blind faith is ignorance, having faith in something which has been demonstrably accurate is not.
You do realize don't you that people who say 'Faith' is not real, are people who have never had faith, exercised faith, or walked in faith themselves? How can you determine the credibility of something that you have never really tested yourself?

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Take note, most of the poster's here have a strong need to lash out with unkindness and cruelty. From my observations thus far they are under the delusion that topix is not a place to share opinions or voice thoughts in a constructive manner. No, they believe topix was designed as a place to verbally abuse others just because they can.
As we all know only very insecure people mistreat others.
I have actually been posting with intelligence, but I will say that very insecure people follow a religion and misjudge the entire world.
They are too afraid to have any faith in themselves, so they put faith in something that can't verbally or physically do anything to hurt them, but yet the entire population of followers can't seem to agree on their same god. Which is why their is different denominations. Nothing would be solved if the entire world was Christian. It would just become worse as there would be constant infighting within the same religion over varied opinions and etc.

Light cannot exist without darkness and vice versa. So the entire world (and even universe) cannot truly be purged of evil or good. There is no true victory. It's all just a fairytale.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

I think the majority of you should take a lesson from "KittenKoder". Honestly, she is an excellent example of how it's done on here.
While i do not agree with her position on here, she is a very skilled communicator. Effective in making her points and maintains a civil tone with everyone.

I think people should be complimented when they deserve it.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
No thinking human being has ever made that claim, and those who don't believe in Creation, DO NOT believe that everything came to be 'just by chance'. We don't have the scientific knowledge, yet, of what events led to the current universe, including everything that we individually can see, but we do have enough scientific information to know how our part of the universe came to be (how the earth and the visible other bodies came about). The Big Bang Theory provides a credible explanation of what immediately preceded what we see today, but it does not give us any information of what occurred in the infinite period prior to the 'Big Bang'.
Since we are talking billions of years ago, anyway, it is kind of difficult to be able to go back and look at what happened
billions of years ago. From what we can obtain samples of, on our earth, and the few other bodies that man has visited, we can determine much about how they came about. We know many of the steps that occurred in the formation of the earth, and the history of earth's evolution up to the present, because the records are preserved within the surface of the earth (rocks, etc).
We have traced various major events on the earth, by the records in the ice, rocks, and by dating various items. Through these methods we know that the earth did not suffer a complete Flood covering all land and killing off all living things, during the period since man has been able to leave behind records, and we also know that the amount of water necessary to completely cover all the land mass of the earth cannot exist on this earth - so a Flood never occurred.
Smaller area floods occurred and continue to occur covering very small parts of the earth, but the water that covers these areas is taken from the existing water supply of the earth, so what water covering certain geographical locations at any one time is removed from the overall supply to the rest of the earth.
How certain are you that a world-wide flood never covered the earth? Are you saying this because you don't see how it's possible? Let's look at the most recent disaster; Hurricane Sandy.

Sandy was almost 1,000 miles wide, and was combined with 2 other storm systems. At landfall in New Jersey, there was a storm surge of 10-12 feet at the coast, and for a period of less than 24 hours. Sandy was more powerful as a Category 1 hurricane than Katrina was as a Category 3.

Now figure in the unknowns such as wind speed, rainfall amounts, storm surges at various locations, and then factor in how many hours are in 40 days. 960 hours. If New Orleans and New York City endured catastrophic flooding from just 24-36 hours of high impact storm activity, how much more so would the entire earth in 960 hours? Can we say with absolute certainty that there has NEVER been a super-storm in the history of the planet?

Over 200 different cultures claim a massive catastrophic global flood in their respective histories. Who are we to say they are wrong?
Henry

Sömmerda, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Martin Navratilovers wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't the post about you singling out a sin to accept, and not accepting the sin of vulgarity. Sounds like you are the bigot who uses the Bible to justify your hate. Wow, how strange that there is no scientific evidence that anyone is born gay, God says it is sin and no one is born with the homosexual behavior, but you arrive at the same point with satan. Try this Lev. 18, 13 passages about incest, one about homsoexuality and one about bestiality. Which one do you single out?
Why don't you listen to science, since you have ignored God? So, are people born pedophiles and zoophiliacs and born transgendered as defects in the wrong body or is there a mental issue called GID?
I guess neither God nor the Bible support you, so you will have to respond with pure emotion and bigotry.
American Psychological Association
Position:
Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Is sexual orientation determined at birth?"
Reasoning:
"There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors.
At least there is no god!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
How certain are you that a world-wide flood never covered the earth? Are you saying this because you don't see how it's possible? Let's look at the most recent disaster; Hurricane Sandy.
Sandy was almost 1,000 miles wide, and was combined with 2 other storm systems. At landfall in New Jersey, there was a storm surge of 10-12 feet at the coast, and for a period of less than 24 hours. Sandy was more powerful as a Category 1 hurricane than Katrina was as a Category 3.
Now figure in the unknowns such as wind speed, rainfall amounts, storm surges at various locations, and then factor in how many hours are in 40 days. 960 hours. If New Orleans and New York City endured catastrophic flooding from just 24-36 hours of high impact storm activity, how much more so would the entire earth in 960 hours? Can we say with absolute certainty that there has NEVER been a super-storm in the history of the planet?
Over 200 different cultures claim a massive catastrophic global flood in their respective histories. Who are we to say they are wrong?
Yes we can say with absolute certainty that no worldwide Flood killing off all living creatures ever occurred. None of the storm surges or rainfalls you talk about ever raised the water level several miles above the sea level of the earth. It has been calculated that it would take 5 times the total amount of water on, inside, and above the earth to cover all of the surface at the same time, and if all that water was to fall on the earth then it would affect other aspects such as the amount of sun rays that strike the earth which are normally partially deflected by the water in the atmosphere. If the water in the atmosphere was to all fall on the earth, the earth would burn up.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_would_happen_i...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that science has all the answers?
Don't get me wrong, science is awsome. It has it's place like everything else. BUT, science does not know how life began.
Science only cares about adopting theories that may or may not be conclusive. Show me one thing science has ever made or discovered that was not already here to begin with?
I had to laugh the other day when i saw a news release on 'fish oil' pills. for the last 15 years or so, science 'established' the reliable and sure benefits of taking fish oil suppliments for a healthy heart, and lower chelostrol.
a few days ago, the medical report came out saying, "hey guess what? we have suddenly discovered that fish oil suppliments don't work".(laughing)
This is a regular occurance in the world of science.
Trial and error. assumptions. Theories.
but no conclusive answers. Fact is the only conclusive and sure answer is God.
His work proves that.

No one assumes science has all the answers , but you assume since it does not then it is worthless. The fact is that science does provide answers. Whether they are absolute answers doesn't matter.
Science answers things that can be later found to have even better explanations as answers.

Where your belief is that god provides you with conclusive answers
it is only your belief and a fallacy that there ever was a conclusive answer to began with.
Henry

Sömmerda, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
what does people choosing not to believe in God have to do with establishing there is no God? Of course there will be many who choose to reject God in their free will.
That doesn't mean there is no God, that just means there are deceived and foolish people in this world.
Whatever people believe there is of course no god!
Henry

Sömmerda, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the daintest idea of ever a god!

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that there may been a world wide flood, but in order for it to go back to "normal", that would take thousands of years for the process to complete. So even though the various religions reference a flood, it still does not make religions right and everyone else is wrong. Anyone can write a book to include real world facts and still be fictional.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 530,801 - 530,820 of679,159
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

640 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 min andet1987 4,391
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Divinity Surgeon 216,251
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Dr_Zorderz 250,255
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 511,605
Arthritis Pain 9 min andet1987 25
Opposite Of Truth 13 min dad of 3 3
Am looking for a good wealthy family to adopt m... (Oct '13) 15 min dad of 3 37
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 29 min Toby 89,370
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr zoelitchfieldx 215
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Divinity Surgeon 596,443
•••
•••
•••