Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
They do?
Okay, explain this to me and tell me how it's "moral:"
Lions are a social species. Of all the big cats, they are the only ones who continue to live in a family based unit known as a pride.
When lions hunt, they do so by ambush. They usually target a weak member of the herd. How is it moral to target a weak member of a group and then ambush that creature for the purpose of eating it?
If it's not immoral, it's instinct.
If it's not instinct, it's immoral.
Right?
christians target the children and the desperate

the lions are more moral

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea what you are talking about. I realize there is no practical reason for typing slow so instead I am going to suggest you read this slowly. The point behind not coveting is someone shouldnt want to sleep with a person that is already commited to someone else. How you keep making it about marriage is beyond me.
Telling people they shouldn't even covet or lust for that buxom young neighbor, is like telling somebody not to think of a pink elephant.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>No you can physically leave him. Some churches will grant annulments in these cases. But if someone gets married in the church then presumably they did so because they agree with their teachings. Maybe they shouldnt have married a wife-beater as that stuff doesnt just suddenly happen normally. But nothing is preventing the woman from leaving. Yet strangely many dont.
The Christian man will not beat his wife at all. The Christian man is commanded to love his wife as Jesus loved the church. How much did Jesus love the church? He died for it. He willingly laid down his life. Likewise, the Christian man must be willing to die to protect his wife if need be.

Abuse in the home only exists when the love of Jesus is absent in the home.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea what you are talking about. I realize there is no practical reason for typing slow so instead I am going to suggest you read this slowly. The point behind not coveting is someone shouldnt want to sleep with a person that is already commited to someone else. How you keep making it about marriage is beyond me.
How do you know their committed until somebody tries to sleep with them?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you argue with your own strawman
I realize stupid people try to impress other stupid people by throwing in terms like strawman when it isnt applicable but still K-man, pretty silly. I am not the one that said if something existed science would already have evidence of it. Have you ever considered we just cant see it? For instance I am betting your saggy old man breasts and gut hang so far over your ..ahem..LITTLE karl that you have no idea its there and cant see it. Does that mean it doesnt exist?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

<quoted text>
The Christian man will not beat his wife at all. The Christian man is commanded to love his wife as Jesus loved the church. How much did Jesus love the church? He died for it. He willingly laid down his life. Likewise, the Christian man must be willing to die to protect his wife if need be.
No true Scotsman fallacy, this is new.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Nah I got pretty thick skin. Not sure why the Fiona Apple video but thank you i guess
Because I like it :)

Want another one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I want an exception because I can't reasonably rely on faith as a methodology for finding the truth. It's functionally the same as guessing.
If there is a real god, and it's not the one you believe in, don't you hope it will excuse your incorrect beliefs? Why aren't you scared of that possibility? Faith? Faith seems to work for everyone who has it, regardless of what they have faith in. So, what is the statistical performance of faith?
If I am wrong I hope God take into consideration that I came to know him by a diff name but still did my best to know him and to try to leave this world a little better place than I found it. You will never see me condemn anyone. I will let them know what the Bible says. But my guess is there will be lots of things men of all faiths are wrong about. I trust God and know he knows my heart. I am not worried

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Btw Tide that may be the best question I have ever been asked on Topix regarding faith. i am just getting off work and probably didnt do it the justice it deserved in my reply but thank you

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling people they shouldn't even covet or lust for that buxom young neighbor, is like telling somebody not to think of a pink elephant.
Perhaps you stupid Tool you should get a RABBIT with a light on it, just to keep your holes satisfied. You live in the dark ages of apes you TOOL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I like it :)
Want another one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Ah..well thank you again then:)

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you stupid Tool you should get a RABBIT with a light on it, just to keep your holes satisfied. You live in the dark ages of apes you TOOL.
Was it something I said?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

<quoted text>
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>

No true Scotsman fallacy, this is new.
Actually he made it sound as some sort of spirit possession , so who are you when jebus isn't in you Mr. Resurrectionologist?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it something I said?
JWs are ok. I believe that they are ok. Still you should get a rabbit for Saturday nights.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Creating a living creature would require forming it from non-life. You just label it "god" to avoid actually learning the mechanisms.
Well then dangit...... What are the mechanisms Kitten? If Christianity doesn't know it according to you, then science does. Right? Right? Oh...
Wait.... No it doesn't......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Actually he made it sound as some sort of spirit possession , so who are you when jebus isn't in you Mr. Resurrectionologist?
I would honor my wife everyday.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then dangit...... What are the mechanisms Kitten? If Christianity doesn't know it according to you, then science does. Right? Right? Oh...
Wait.... No it doesn't......
All I'm trying to say Kitten is that simply not knowing or not being able to prove something should not automatically make us close minded to possibilities is all.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then dangit...... What are the mechanisms Kitten?
Dude, I'm a lesbian but even I know the mechanisms.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
1) God is the greatest conceivable thing.
2) In order for God to be the greatest conceivable thing...he must exist not only as a concept, but also in reality. Otherwise, something greater can be thought of.
3) Nothing greater can be thought of than God.

God exists in reality.

-A variation of Anselm's Ontological Argument, 11th Century

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, I'm a lesbian but even I know the mechanisms.
My dear lesbian Dudette!... I was just pulling her leg. I forgot to insert (note: sarcasm ahead) my bad, I'll blame the Jack and coke for that.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 530,801 - 530,820 of715,709
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

361 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 min Jennifer 93,107
Why was the cities of sodom and gomorrah burnt ... 14 min andet1987 5
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min AussieBobby 255,489
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 37 min MUQ1 36,374
Gay massages Abu Dhabi 55 min Massage 4
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Hidingfromyou 529,587
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Thamizhan 4,071
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Mandela 114,502
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 12 hr Carly 107
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••