“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#558953 Nov 4, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
In the earliest stories about Buddha, he claims says religion has nothing to do with what he teaches.
Buddha never claims to be (a) god.
It is possible to be an atheist and a Buddhist.
Similar to Taoism, there are no deities in the Tao Te Ching either.
An Asian friend of mine said he had a Buddhist way of life, a Taoist philosophy and a Christian religion.
European based cultures can't grasp that and find it a contadiction.
I have felt what has been described as "being touched by the hands of Buddha." I'm all atheist - ah, got to go. More later!

:)
dnky oe

Dallas, TX

#558954 Nov 4, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Cop-out non-answer. You don't understand them so you just say "god dun it with magicks" and don't even have the courage to admit you don't know.
Im saying everything is created, whether these diseases were created by the prefect conditions or whether they were already here and our bodies werent able to fight it off intially and then some mutation occured.
dnky oe

Dallas, TX

#558955 Nov 4, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
No thinking human being has ever made that claim, and those who don't believe in Creation, DO NOT believe that everything came to be 'just by chance'. We don't have the scientific knowledge, yet, of what events led to the current universe, including everything that we individually can see, but we do have enough scientific information to know how our part of the universe came to be (how the earth and the visible other bodies came about). The Big Bang Theory provides a credible explanation of what immediately preceded what we see today, but it does not give us any information of what occurred in the infinite period prior to the 'Big Bang'.
Since we are talking billions of years ago, anyway, it is kind of difficult to be able to go back and look at what happened
billions of years ago. From what we can obtain samples of, on our earth, and the few other bodies that man has visited, we can determine much about how they came about. We know many of the steps that occurred in the formation of the earth, and the history of earth's evolution up to the present, because the records are preserved within the surface of the earth (rocks, etc).
We have traced various major events on the earth, by the records in the ice, rocks, and by dating various items. Through these methods we know that the earth did not suffer a complete Flood covering all land and killing off all living things, during the period since man has been able to leave behind records, and we also know that the amount of water necessary to completely cover all the land mass of the earth cannot exist on this earth - so a Flood never occurred.
Smaller area floods occurred and continue to occur covering very small parts of the earth, but the water that covers these areas is taken from the existing water supply of the earth, so what water covering certain geographical locations at any one time is removed from the overall supply to the rest of the earth.
There was a dynamic blast of energy but it wss not chaotic in nature. It was purposeful and direct. The way everything works, the different seasons, caused by how far and how close the earth gets to the sun. The animals that are instinctivley wise in their yearly actions. And these cycles are countinuous. These events are not happen chance. We would have a better chane winning the lottery by leaving a pencil, a lotto playslip, and a dollar on the ground in the woods.
Free Thinker

Visalia, CA

#558956 Nov 4, 2012
Wheres my post

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#558957 Nov 4, 2012
Free Thinker wrote:
Wheres my post
What are the first words said by the Jesus when he woke up in the tomb?

Parody and Slapstick for 200, Alex.
dnky oe

Dallas, TX

#558958 Nov 4, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the first words said by the Jesus when he woke up in the tomb.
All glory be to my father JEHOVAH, Thank you!

Since: Nov 12

Martin, TN

#558960 Nov 4, 2012
Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christian man will not beat his wife at all. The Christian man is commanded to love his wife as Jesus loved the church. How much did Jesus love the church? He died for it. He willingly laid down his life. Likewise, the Christian man must be willing to die to protect his wife if need be.
Abuse in the home only exists when the love of Jesus is absent in the home.
Now that is where you are wrong. 3/4ths of people who call themselves Christians are fakes. They wear a mask and proclaim god, but are hiding their true colors. Not everyone knows other people's secrets until all is revealed. The wife-beater could have been a sweet caring man on the outside until he got what he wanted, so behind closed doors all Hell broke loose.

Your statement proclaiming this whole "love of Jesus" garbage is 100% invalid. Religion and faith in whatever god does not guarantee anyone's safety or trust, etc. It all comes down to who we are on the inside. I am sure there is someone who lived majority of their life without a religion and they are a better individual than any known "Christian."

Believing in a god or religion doesn't make one better than the other.

Since: Nov 12

Martin, TN

#558961 Nov 4, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You will see Jesus. It will not be pleasant
<quoted text> You need Jesus far more than you need a femur.
Bwahahahahaaaa! And this is what crazyness churches churn out. If these mystical beings were real, they would show themselves, in some REAL way, on a regular yearly/decade/century basis. Have you seen them? Of course not! If you have seen, heard, felt, tasted, or got raped by either of these fictional characters, then you are indeed crazy.

Someone call in the white coats!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#558962 Nov 4, 2012
dnky oe wrote:
<quoted text> All glory be to my father JEHOVAH, Thank you!
What do Jews say when they imagine being a Christian?

Twist and Shout for 300, Alex.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#558963 Nov 4, 2012
dnky oe wrote:
<quoted text> There was a dynamic blast of energy but it wss not chaotic in nature. It was purposeful and direct. The way everything works, the different seasons, caused by how far and how close the earth gets to the sun. The animals that are instinctivley wise in their yearly actions. And these cycles are countinuous. These events are not happen chance. We would have a better chane winning the lottery by leaving a pencil, a lotto playslip, and a dollar on the ground in the woods.
You are putting the cart before the horse. The animals adapt to the various conditions, and the position of the earth relative to the suns rays, rather than the sun just happened to be where it is so that these things could do those things. Because things have evolved that means that things have changed as their conditions changed to adapt.

Still no one is suggesting that these are like putting a pencil, etc., on the ground. The things that happened are not by chance but for very definite reasons.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#558964 Nov 4, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! Buddha!
Rub my belly!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#558965 Nov 4, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Outing you freaks is not ill.
So that's your mission here?

OK then.

Out me.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#558966 Nov 4, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No true Scotsman fallacy, this is new.
It's not a fallacy. Think about it. If the Christian husband really reads and understands the NT it's pure context, it becomes very clear and simple. The wife is to be loved and protected. The task of the wife is to nurture the family, while both husband and wife work equally to sustain the family in it's entirety.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#558967 Nov 4, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. cute dog !! Is he yours ??..
Yup. That's my boy :)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#558968 Nov 4, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Creating a living creature would require forming it from non-life. You just label it "god" to avoid actually learning the mechanisms.
Bullshit. You label it "science" to avoid learning about God. God created science, deary...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#558969 Nov 4, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
But by age 8 or 9 at the latest, critical thinking should click in and hocus pocus should be left behind.
It is. But since God is neither magic nor hocus pocus.......

We continue to learn about Him.

Location hidden

#558971 Nov 4, 2012
En Sabah Nur wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is where you are wrong. 3/4ths of people who call themselves Christians are fakes. They wear a mask and proclaim god, but are hiding their true colors. Not everyone knows other people's secrets until all is revealed. The wife-beater could have been a sweet caring man on the outside until he got what he wanted, so behind closed doors all Hell broke loose.
Where do you get your information that 75% of all people who identify themselves as Christians are fakes? What is your source for this statistical information? This argument is your opinion, but it is not a fact. It is true that some people say one thing and do another, but that's true in all religions and even among secular humans. The psychology of an abusive person is completely at odds with what is taught in the New Testament.
En Sabah Nur wrote:
I am sure there is someone who lived majority of their life without a religion and they are a better individual than any known "Christian."
Believing in a god or religion doesn't make one better than the other.
You're correct to say that believing in something doesn't make a person good. Believing in something and acting upon those beliefs are two different things. I believe in the Conservative Party values, but I am not a member of any local conservative group, nor do I place campaign bumper stickers in favor of conservative candidates on my car.

There are many non-believing skeptics in the world who do behave much better than self professed Christians. It is my strongly held opinion that a Christian isn't known as a Christian by what he or she says, but in the kindness and humility we show to others around us. We can defend our faith without ad hominem attacks, confidently, and with humility. That doesn't mean we have to remain totally passive either. We can be resolute in what we believe, and even feisty at times, without resorting to cruelty or disrespect.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#558972 Nov 4, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So that's your mission here?
OK then.
Out me.
Who's on second.

Location hidden

#558973 Nov 4, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. You label it "science" to avoid learning about God. God created science, deary...
The subjects of God and science are compatible when we realize the differences between them. Science explains the mechanical processes of nature, while Christianity explains who created these processes and why. The Christian who rejects science does so out of fear of losing faith. The atheist who rejects God does so out of fear of gaining faith.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#558974 Nov 4, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. cute dog !! Is he yours ??..
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. That's my boy :)
.. gizmo smells him, flicks her white tail <see pix>, hisses and spits. I still think he's cute. He's an older pooch, right ??..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min arabian 5,444
Why Topix is dying 30 min Protester 1
I wish homosexuals never existed...... 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 77
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 263,625
4 Powerful Steps to Permanently Dissolve Panic ... 1 hr Dissolve Panic 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Roberta G 175,050
Bacterial Vaginosis No More Review 1 hr Bacterial Vaginosis 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Black Thunder 42 603,706
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr Oxbow 555,079
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 13 hr Ayyan 1,187

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE