“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#558823 Nov 3, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Oh my...
I haven't posted in a few days & there's like 1,000 posts...
I can't keep up like this :(
.. cute dog !! Is he yours ??..

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#558824 Nov 3, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
Do these pants make me look fat?
only in the back

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#558825 Nov 3, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Lay off the mushrooms.
He's even worse sober!Although his addiction would be legendary of stupidity was a drug!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#558826 Nov 3, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Both. I believe man has an oppoertunity for an after-life through faithfullness and obedience to the teachings of Christ and trusting in Him for salvation. I beliieve those that dont do this will simply die as they would have anyway since death comes to all men. But dead is dead at that point. I dont believe people suffer for eternity in hell. There are dozens of verses that state the way to save one's soul from death. I dont see dying as one would anyway as disproportionately cruel. They just do not receive the award of an after-life from God who they either didnt believe in or rejected anyway. JMO PEACE
So your god would prefer a believer who leads a so-so life to a nonbeliever who lives a life of honesty, integrity, service and goodness, always showing compassion for her fellow human beings?

Location hidden

#558827 Nov 3, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I dont want to look like I am arguing semantics but it is an important distinction I'd like to make. It isnt the concept of sin that is problamatic as it is simply a moral code.The control comes from fear and consequences of sin, especially what I view is an unsupported belief that hell is eternal for mortals when that only holds true for the false prophet and beast. The Bible teaches anillihation, which is what Christ taught and it what Judaism believes. But the threat of suffering forever coupled with the guilt of never being good enough or worthy has long been used as a means of control. And in many ways organized religion is little more than a pyramid scheme. But corrupt members dont invalidate Jesus' teachings any more than corrupt politicians invalidate what this country stands for.(T) PEACE
ya

each "christian" believes himself to have perfect understanding and kinship with the god.

christianity is a moral failure, one of the very best proofs that it is NOT the philosophy of a god.

Long Beach, CA

#558828 Nov 3, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
only in the back
If you want to impress by putting a potato in your pants, it's better to put it in the front.

Location hidden

#558829 Nov 3, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Arrogance huh? Please tell me what is arrogant in what I wrote. I asked nicely for answers because I didn't know them. You claimed to know them. That pretty much answers my question then, thanks. So YD *was* harrassed. You guys are twisted.
if you intend to defend that tub of feces you should put on a rubber suit.

Location hidden

#558830 Nov 3, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate babies?
Your posting style bores me. Makes me feel like I am talking to an adolecent with a stick jammed up their a$$. But the books of Numbers and Deut show that people were not responsible for their disparing words against God unless they were 21 and counted in the census. Jesus also says for one to enter Heaven they must be like a child. He rebuked a diciple from trying to keep children from coming to Him and says those that lead children into sin deserve to have a millstone tied around their neck and thrown in the river. And the ones that led them to sin were the guilty ones. Deut says children do not know the difference between right and wrong. So I believe there is plenty of support for an 'age of accountability'. The Bible also speaks of those who REJECT Christ which obviously a child has not done

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#558831 Nov 3, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Your posting style bores me. Makes me feel like I am talking to an adolecent with a stick jammed up their a$$. But the books of Numbers and Deut show that people were not responsible for their disparing words against God unless they were 21 and counted in the census. Jesus also says for one to enter Heaven they must be like a child. He rebuked a diciple from trying to keep children from coming to Him and says those that lead children into sin deserve to have a millstone tied around their neck and thrown in the river. And the ones that led them to sin were the guilty ones. Deut says children do not know the difference between right and wrong. So I believe there is plenty of support for an 'age of accountability'. The Bible also speaks of those who REJECT Christ which obviously a child has not done
Oh, you also hate intelligence.

Location hidden

#558832 Nov 3, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>And more of the gang gangs up. I am speaking scientifically; there is no religion in my words except to say this all started with me comparing science to religion; that they both are based on fundamental assumptions.
Actually I'll give you that one can argue science doesn't necessarily assume fundamental forces are indeed fundamental. And that's all Hiding had to say and I would have said, "yea I suppose you're right". But she had to go and embarrass herself by going into "smokescreen mode" and telling me that she believes science can never attain anything absolute and that it's absurd to assume fundamental forces have no more fundamental of a cause.
So I may have to modify what I originally wrote. Let's see. Maybe I would have been better off by prequalifying it with, "if science wants to declare that fundamental forces are indeed fundamental, then we are basing science on an assumption". And Hiding is pretty much pushing for them being fundamental, without a cause. You seem to be doing it as well.
All I was getting at was that the absolute answers might change everything about what we thought we knew. And with that I'll remind you that science does actually operate on one thing that is irrefutably an assumption. That assumption is that we are observing a first order reality. How do we know that what we see is what we get? Until we can connect it to something absolute this could all be an illusion. Not saying it is, but it could be. You wouldn't want to assume it isn't either right? Not based on anything scientific anyway right?
to the extent that the reality we perceive is consistent, then it is accurate to the bounds of that consistency.

your inability to see this speaks to your rational instability.

science provides us with the very best explanation we have, and when improvements are made to that understanding then we will still have the very best explanation possible.

You wish a reality that is subject to your fears and hopes, there is no evidence that "shared reality" is malleable. Your "personal reality" is another matter as you well demonstrate.

Location hidden

#558833 Nov 3, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
ya
each "christian" believes himself to have perfect understanding and kinship with the god.
christianity is a moral failure, one of the very best proofs that it is NOT the philosophy of a god.
So thats why you dont believe in God?And I never claimed to have a perfect understanding. Hey do you still think man never had a beginning and rejject abiogenesis and the possibility of intelligent life on other planets? And have you informed the scientific community they no longer need to try to discover anything any more since if it existed science would already have proof of it?

Location hidden

#558834 Nov 3, 2012
Pokay wrote:
Testable hypotheses have not gotten us to anything absolute. So maybe it's time to make untestable hypotheses and just sit on them until someone finds a way to do it? Transcendant consciousness. That's a hypothesis. Mind and brain are the same thing; that's another. Those types of hypotheses will be filed waaay above the ones that include pink unicorns. But not if you guys have your way
not above at all

same as

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#558835 Nov 3, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm, perhaps I missed something.
Are you denying mountain-building by vulcanism and plate tectonics?
Both are readily observed and measurable today.
I cite the Hawaiian Islands, which until very recently were NOT islands, and the Himalayas, which are still growing higher.
Ararat (not a single mountain, BTW, but a massif with two major peaks both called "Ararat") is a pretty good example of both phenomena.
No not denying that it happens at all. Geologists have demonstrated this. Ararat is a massif. Not many people know that. But I still find the evidence more compelling that there was water at 14,000 feet there at one time during the early years of man. The pillow lava is consistent with this.

Location hidden

#558836 Nov 3, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>I see you are trained in diversion as well. Glad you agree work is involved. Power is the rate at which work is done. Can you do work without power? Maybe time does not exist in the realm of fundamental forces aye? Well if so then we have a bigger problem because they still cause work to be done and, still, fundamental forces are most likely not truly fundamental. "the total work along a path is similarly the time-integral of instantaneous power applied along the trajectory of the point of application"
that would be limited to 4 dimensions.

Long Beach, CA

#558837 Nov 3, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Your posting style bores me. Makes me feel like I am talking to an adolecent with a stick jammed up their a$$. But the books of Numbers and Deut show that people were not responsible for their disparing words against God unless they were 21 and counted in the census. Jesus also says for one to enter Heaven they must be like a child. He rebuked a diciple from trying to keep children from coming to Him and says those that lead children into sin deserve to have a millstone tied around their neck and thrown in the river. And the ones that led them to sin were the guilty ones. Deut says children do not know the difference between right and wrong. So I believe there is plenty of support for an 'age of accountability'. The Bible also speaks of those who REJECT Christ which obviously a child has not done
And yet these innocent little children sometimes get leukemia.

Nice god you have there.

Or do you have an answer for this one too?

Location hidden

#558838 Nov 3, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So your god would prefer a believer who leads a so-so life to a nonbeliever who lives a life of honesty, integrity, service and goodness, always showing compassion for her fellow human beings?
Faithfullness AND obedience is required. The book of John quotes Jesus as saying we can do nothing apart from the father as we are all branches on the same tree. Those that refuse to be obedient are cut off and burned away. Jesus stayed in the Father's love by obedience and so must we be obedient to stay in Christ's love. There are dozens of similiar versus that say basically the same thing as far as why obedience is needed.(T) PEACE

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#558839 Nov 3, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I never said there wasnt a hell in the Bible, I said it teaches anniliation of body and soul. Those who go to hell will experience 'second death' or soul-death and will cease to exist. And yes there are some thoughts that are sinful such as envy, lust, anger, etc
Ah. How is that different from a fear motivating manipulation technique?

Location hidden

#558840 Nov 3, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet these innocent little children sometimes get leukemia.
Nice god you have there.
Or do you have an answer for this one too?
Yes..you are an idiot if you think God gives little kids leukemia. Do you blame him for making you stupid, thus your subsequent unbelief? I rank you just barely above a troll. I think our conversations are probably over

Long Beach, CA

#558841 Nov 3, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>So thats why you dont believe in God?And I never claimed to have a perfect understanding. Hey do you still think man never had a beginning and rejject abiogenesis and the possibility of intelligent life on other planets? And have you informed the scientific community they no longer need to try to discover anything any more since if it existed science would already have proof of it?
I think supernatural stuff is for children, like the invisible friend sitting with them on the bus seat.

But by age 8 or 9 at the latest, critical thinking should click in and hocus pocus should be left behind.

I believe this would be the natural maturing process, but for enculturation and indoctrination.

Location hidden

#558842 Nov 3, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're entering into existentialism, the meaning of existence? Why does there have to be a meaning to anything?
purpose and meaning the ingredients to build a god for those slightly more sophisticated than the "but where did it all come from" religitards

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 min Classic 1,923
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min truth 605,354
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min truth 560,561
Gay snapchat names 15 min Bon 179
SMOKING: One of the dumbest - deadliest human h... 17 min Doctor REALITY 45
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 43 min fan 1,297
Designer sarees Online 45 min fan 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min WasteWater 265,474
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 hr yon 4,900
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 14 hr risque 137
More from around the web