Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#559027 Nov 4, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. He's correct about the Bible.
How do I type a loud laugh?

ROTFLMMFGDAOOOOOOOOO!!!!

He (?) ain't right about nothin in the Bible,

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#559028 Nov 4, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
By "your book", I'll assume you mean the Bible.
Please show us once, JUST ONCE, where it says that "Those who deny this are evil and wrong and should be put to death" in the Bible.
You say it says it "many times", so this should be easy homework for ya.
Then when you can't find it, I want you to admit that your views of the Bible are terribly skewed.
Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.(Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.(2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill False Prophets

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.(Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Kill Followers of Other Religions.

1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.(Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

2) Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death.(Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

You really need to read that book you worship.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#559029 Nov 4, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.(Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)
Kill Nonbelievers
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.(2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)
Kill False Prophets
If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.(Zechariah 13:3 NAB)
Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God
Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)
Kill Followers of Other Religions.
1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.(Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)
2) Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death.(Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)
You really need to read that book you worship.
I guess you're the type of ignorant ass that thinks the Bible can simply be read.....

It has to be studied, not just read. Keep to your Hairy Pooter books, those are meant to be read.

You said the Bible says many times, ""Those who deny this are evil and wrong and should be put to death", yet you can't find ONE excerpt of that phrase.....

huh

I'm also gonna assume that you're too cocky & blind to admit an err.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#559030 Nov 4, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you've hurt my feelings :(
Is it better to be shit on or to be on shit?

You gotsta pick one!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#559031 Nov 4, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you're the type of ignorant ass that thinks the Bible can simply be read.....
It has to be studied, not just read. Keep to your Hairy Pooter books, those are meant to be read.
You said the Bible says many times, ""Those who deny this are evil and wrong and should be put to death", yet you can't find ONE excerpt of that phrase.....
huh
I'm also gonna assume that you're too cocky & blind to admit an err.
So then, interpretation it is. Consider what would happen if we left everything for interpretation. Perhaps you can interpret that sign which says "high voltage, do not touch" to mean it's a dare. Or you will interpret the sign that says "falling rocks" as a command instead of a warning and toss heavy boulders onto passing cars.

I paraphrased and combined them all into one message, you nitpick that it's "not in there like that" then you mention that you have to interpret the book. If you have to interpret it, then all interpretations are valid, all assumptions are correct, and all assertions about the book are accurate, because if it's interpreted, you cannot say it's wrong.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#559032 Nov 4, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it better to be shit on or to be on shit?
You gotsta pick one!
You wanna go poopie on her boobies? gross.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#559033 Nov 4, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you're the type of ignorant ass that thinks the Bible can simply be read.....
It has to be studied, not just read. Keep to your Hairy Pooter books, those are meant to be read.
You said the Bible says many times, ""Those who deny this are evil and wrong and should be put to death", yet you can't find ONE excerpt of that phrase.....
huh
I'm also gonna assume that you're too cocky & blind to admit an err.
RR, I think that you are one of the less obnoxious people on this site, so I'm not gonna be mean, but you are really reaching here. Obviously she was not claiming that exact wording occurs anywhere in the bible, and she found many examples where death was encouraged for non-believers. You can't deny that the bible explicitly orders believers to kill nonbelievers. You can dance around it all you want by claiming that we just aren't "studying" it hard enough to understand the true divine meaning behind stoning someone to death, but the fact remains - the bible is a messed up book.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#559034 Nov 4, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, interpretation it is. Consider what would happen if we left everything for interpretation. Perhaps you can interpret that sign which says "high voltage, do not touch" to mean it's a dare. Or you will interpret the sign that says "falling rocks" as a command instead of a warning and toss heavy boulders onto passing cars.
I paraphrased and combined them all into one message, you nitpick that it's "not in there like that" then you mention that you have to interpret the book. If you have to interpret it, then all interpretations are valid, all assumptions are correct, and all assertions about the book are accurate, because if it's interpreted, you cannot say it's wrong.
No.

All assumptions are not correct & all assertions are not correct when they don't correspond with the whole text.

To put it bluntly, your assumptions are incorrect. You've twisted the words of the Bible into the meanings that you want. That's not how it works.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#559035 Nov 4, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>You wanna go poopie on her boobies? gross.
LMAO!!
No, no, no... You misinterpreted what I meant...
Is that a Hershey splurt? Gross.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#559036 Nov 4, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
All assumptions are not correct & all assertions are not correct when they don't correspond with the whole text.
To put it bluntly, your assumptions are incorrect. You've twisted the words of the Bible into the meanings that you want. That's not how it works.
She posted direct quotes that leave no room for interpretation. If anything, you are guilty of twisting the words of the bible to fit the meaning that you want, and that, all things considered, is a good thing. It wouldn't be a good thing if you organized a group of your buddies to come and burn down my entire town for my lack of belief.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#559037 Nov 4, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>You wanna go poopie on her boobies? gross.
I'm appalled!

You've never had anyone take a dump on your chest?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#559038 Nov 4, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>RR, I think that you are one of the less obnoxious people on this site, so I'm not gonna be mean, but you are really reaching here. Obviously she was not claiming that exact wording occurs anywhere in the bible, and she found many examples where death was encouraged for non-believers. You can't deny that the bible explicitly orders believers to kill nonbelievers. You can dance around it all you want by claiming that we just aren't "studying" it hard enough to understand the true divine meaning behind stoning someone to death, but the fact remains - the bible is a messed up book.
Well, sha-hit. Thanks for the kind words.

The Bible can SEEM like a messed up book if one takes a few key scriptures here & there and twines then all into one argument.

BUT. That's not how the Bible reads.

Atheists often accuse "cristards" for cherry picking the Bible but it seems it's actually the athitards that do.

I'm sure that if one wanted to "interpret" a Winnie the Pooh book into a sec book, they probably could. But that's not what the author intended....

I'm drunk, thank God (Microsoft?) for spell check.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#559039 Nov 4, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>She posted direct quotes that leave no room for interpretation. If anything, you are guilty of twisting the words of the bible to fit the meaning that you want, and that, all things considered, is a good thing. It wouldn't be a good thing if you organized a group of your buddies to come and burn down my entire town for my lack of belief.
Wrong.

The room let for interpretation is the meaning, the context, of the entire scripture. If you take a verse out if context & don't bother to try to understand what it's trying to mean, then yes, they look bad.

Any atheist will cherry pick the Bible at his/her him. That doesn't make 'em right.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#559040 Nov 4, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm appalled!
You've never had anyone take a dump on your chest?
Dude..........

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#559041 Nov 4, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
All assumptions are not correct & all assertions are not correct when they don't correspond with the whole text.
To put it bluntly, your assumptions are incorrect. You've twisted the words of the Bible into the meanings that you want. That's not how it works.
Now the "context" argument. So to you there is a context in which mass murder, genocide, rape, pillaging, and all that is perfectly okay and even holy. That does not help your case. If there is even one context in which something is valid or good then you are supporting that act, it's pretty simple, if you can justify the act for one instance then you can justify it for many others just by interpreting that one instance and the current one.

You just dig a deeper hole for your beliefs, your book is written specifically to contradict itself, specifically to offer justification for any horrible act in any situation, that is why you have to complain about context and interpretation, so you can say no one else is allowed to rape except you. Your book, like almost all religious books, say to kill those who are different than you, you cannot argue that without lying.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#559042 Nov 4, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm appalled!
You've never had anyone take a dump on your chest?
When it was a puppy, my dog almost did that to me.

I managed to wiggle out, just in time.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#559043 Nov 4, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm appalled!
You've never had anyone take a dump on your chest?
Quit fartin around pumpkin tits.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#559044 Nov 4, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Now the "context" argument. So to you there is a context in which mass murder, genocide, rape, pillaging, and all that is perfectly okay and even holy. That does not help your case. If there is even one context in which something is valid or good then you are supporting that act, it's pretty simple, if you can justify the act for one instance then you can justify it for many others just by interpreting that one instance and the current one.
You just dig a deeper hole for your beliefs, your book is written specifically to contradict itself, specifically to offer justification for any horrible act in any situation, that is why you have to complain about context and interpretation, so you can say no one else is allowed to rape except you. Your book, like almost all religious books, say to kill those who are different than you, you cannot argue that without lying.
Break it down. TRY to understand what the Bible is teaching....

Deut 17:12

Ver. 12 And the man that will do presumptuously
The judge of the country court that makes his application to that at Jerusalem for information and direction; if, after all, he is conceited in his own opinion, and rejects theirs, and is obstinate, and will not be guided and directed, but will take his own way, and pursue his own sense of things, and act according to that:
and will not hearken to the priest that standeth to minister there
before the Lord thy God;
the priests of the tribe of Levi, of whom the court generally consisted,( Deuteronomy 17:9 ), priest for priests; though some think the high priest is meant, to whom the character very well agrees; but he was not always at the head of the sanhedrim, nor indeed a member of it, unless he had the proper qualifications; see ( Deuteronomy 18:18 )

or unto the judge; or judges; (See Gill on Deuteronomy 17:9). L'Empereur F7 thinks, that the supreme senate, or grand sanhedrim, was twofold, according to the diversity of ecclesiastic and political matters; since where it treats of the supreme senators, or chief persons in the court, the priest is manifestly distinguished from the judge (i.e. priests or judges); now the man that has asked advice of them, and will not be directed by it, but takes his own way, this being so great a contempt of, and insult upon, the great senate of the nation:

even that man shall die;
and this was by strangling, for so the rebellious older, as such an one is called, was to die according to the Misnah F8; and it is said F9, that the death spoken of in the law absolutely (without specifying what kind of death) is strangling:

and thou shall put away the evil from Israel;
the evil man that is rebellious against the supreme legislature of the nation, and the evil of contumacy he is guilty of, deterring others from it by his death.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#559045 Nov 4, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Not at all. You?
Nope. If magic really works like some people believe it does then there wouldn't be very many people left alive after all the hateful *magicians* "spelled" their perceived enemies to death. Every jealous twit would use it every time anybody pished them off or had something they wanted.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#559046 Nov 4, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. If magic really works like some people believe it does then there wouldn't be very many people left alive after all the hateful *magicians* "spelled" their perceived enemies to death. Every jealous twit would use it every time anybody pished them off or had something they wanted.
Agreed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can a White Pride Group not be labeled a racist... (Apr '07) 3 min Johnny 6,096
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Dan 595,729
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 11 min BAN DRINKING THE ... 5,779
News Rice and Rumsfeld urge passage of $91 billion b... (Mar '06) 17 min Swedenforever 20
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 20 min ChristineM 444,067
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 34 min ffj 100,639
Computer THREATS DISAPPEARING from Topix!: un F... 1 hr who 25
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Truths 612,581
More from around the web