Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Al's cool. He doesn't seem to judge me because of my sexuality. I like that and I also like that it really, really, really pisses off my wittle boi.
:-)
Shouldn't we care about each other? Hold each other up? Love to you as well River.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> No superforce is simply the term for the 4 forces combined together in unification .
Slight imbalance (imperfection) does not require superforce.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't we care about each other? Hold each other up? Love to you as well River.
Who do you see that from most here, Al?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Martin Navratilovers wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have to choose to be gay, a drug addict does not have ot choose to be gay,
You didn't choose to be gay. You were born that way. Face it. Deal with it. Embrace it.

Come on wittle boi, you can do it. First step:

Say, I'm gay.

I'm right here big boi.

Say, I'm gay.

Come on.

Say I'm gay !!!!!!!

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is objective, that is true, however data can be objective, and you have none.
That may true Kitten, but your objective data doesn't help humanity sort out "subjective truth," meaning the truth for which helps explain the meaning of our existence, meaning of our lifelong voyage from life through to the meaning of death.
There is a great part of our humanity that needs more than what those sets of objective static facts to be assimilated can provide.

Both are needed of course and don't necessarily negate each other. But can work to explain the unexplainable.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you see that from most here, Al?
I'll PM you with that River

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever Hiding, You have more time than I do. I'll give you this reply then you can say whatever you want behind my back. "Absolutes don't help us in ou understanding of the universe"? We have to have an absolute before you can even say something like that. If we had an absolute it would surely help us in our understanding pretty much by definition. Absolute Truth, yea who needs that right? Science is after absolute lies huh?
<quoted text>Don't you ever get tired of diverting? If you really mean what you say then you have no understanding of science. By definition a force has power. Doesn't matter if it's a fundamental force or not. Fundamental forces cause other things; they translate their power to give rise to the reality we live in. You're saying it's absurd that a fundamental force should have a cause.
Whatever Hiding. You're just doing your thing for "the cause". Even if you convert one person in your lifetime to atheism, your life will be worth it. Go get 'em.
Incorrect, she has more education than you.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
That may true Kitten, but your objective data doesn't help humanity sort out "subjective truth," meaning the truth for which helps explain the meaning of our existence, meaning of our lifelong voyage from life through to the meaning of death.
There is a great part of our humanity that needs more than what those sets of objective static facts to be assimilated can provide.
Both are needed of course and don't necessarily negate each other. But can work to explain the unexplainable.
Now you're entering into existentialism, the meaning of existence? Why does there have to be a meaning to anything?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't choose to be gay. You were born that way. Face it. Deal with it. Embrace it.
Come on wittle boi, you can do it. First step:
Say, I'm gay.
I'm right here big boi.
Say, I'm gay.
Come on.
Say I'm gay !!!!!!!
You're gay.

There, I said it.
endtime

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You're gay.
There, I said it.
I'm gay.

I think you missed the point.

I'm sure it's my fault.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm gay.
I think you missed the point.
I'm sure it's my fault.
No, you missed my joke. ;)

Of course it's an old joke, probably as stale as me.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you missed my joke. ;)
Of course it's an old joke, probably as stale as me.
Forgive me for being young.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgive me for being young.
Forgive me for being a dinosaur ....

... comparatively, I'm not a creationist so I don't actually think ... you know ... I think. Gah, I'm old.
dnky oe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Smallpox
Typhoid Fever
Influenza
Bubonic Plague
Cholera
Anthrax
Malaria
SARS
Ebola
HIV/AIDS
Alot of these diseases were made from filth and the fact that we are imperfect and so our bodies cant fight off these diseases the way they were originally meant to. And yes there are some mutations within these diseases but these are after the fact. These came from poor living conditions and people living very close to each other but there origins werent off mutation or evolution alone.
dnky oe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true and we know that because we have seen both the object and the maker, in many of those cases. We have seen the objects which believers claim that God has made, but not any human being, including the mythical ones from the Bible have seen any gods, of any description. We know that man has always imagined gods and then created stories and descriptions to fit whatever it was that he imagined.
We know that man is the creator of God and of other gods that some men worship or worshiped in the past.
We don't know that any entity created the things that were not created by man. These things were either all here before we were born, or were created by man since we were born, so stating that these things were all created and required a creator is true, but we don't "know' that the other things of which you attach God as the creator to, were actually 'created'.
We have pretty good evidence of how many of the things we see, that man had no hand in creating, did come to be what they are today, and that did not require a supernatural entity to create those things, because the process was all natural.
So we see these creations of man and but yet we also see things man can barely explain and attribute them chance, though these other creation far surpass mans intellect or understanding. Who would be believe a man threw a bunch of metal, electronics and rubber into a pile and came back sometime later to find a lamborghini. And then believe no one touched that pile.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
What do you see as current day sins against science?
The continuous undermining of the trust and respect for scientific opinion. That has significantly damaged America's scientific literacy, which is reflected in the photos of graduate departments in the technical departments of the leading American universities. A disproportionate fraction of those names and faces are foreign students, many of which will take their educations and skills back home.

As a result, American scientific competitiveness on the world stage is plummeting. From "Is America Losing Its Edge?" at http://yaleglobal.yale.edu/content/america-lo...

"The United States' global primacy depends in large part on its ability to develop new technologies and industries faster than anyone else. For the last five decades, U.S. scientific innovation and technological entrepreneurship have ensured the country's economic prosperity and military power. It was Americans who invented and commercialized the semiconductor, the personal computer, and the Internet; other countries merely followed the U.S. lead.

"Today, however, this technological edge-so long taken for granted-may be slipping, and the most serious challenge is coming from Asia. Through competitive tax policies, increased investment in research and development (R&D), and preferential policies for science and technology (S&T) personnel, Asian governments are improving the quality of their science and ensuring the exploitation of future innovations. The percentage of patents issued to and science journal articles published by scientists in China, Singapore, South Korea, and Taiwan is rising.

"Indian companies are quickly becoming the second-largest producers of application services in the world, developing, supplying, and managing database and other types of software for clients around the world.

"South Korea has rapidly eaten away at the U.S. advantage in the manufacture of computer chips and telecommunications software.

"And even China has made impressive gains in advanced technologies such as lasers, biotechnology, and advanced materials used in semiconductors, aerospace, and many other types of manufacturing."

Besides severely damaging America's scientific competitiveness, the anti-scientism seems to be having a devastating effect in the area of climate science. Were you aware that America is the only major player on the world scene that refused to sign onto the Kyoto Protocol? From Wiki:

"The Protocol was initially adopted on 11 December 1997 in Kyoto, Japan, and entered into force on 16 February 2005. As of September 2011, 191 states have signed and ratified the protocol. The only remaining signatory not to have ratified the protocol is the United States. Other United Nations member states which did not ratify the protocol are Afghanistan, Andorra and South Sudan. In December 2011, Canada withdrew from the Protocol."

How proud America must be to be in that elite group. Although there are other elements at play, I blame the Christian echo chamber in large part for that for that. I'm sure you've seen how many of the Christians in these threads post about science. That can't be good or healthy for the nation.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Teez wrote:
Killing in religion is a very controversial subject. I cannot say its wrong
I can.
headlines

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

****Hurricane SANDY Judgment on Wash DC - NY

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Teez wrote:
if you believe that all that planets, stars, etc., are created by processes that God has nothing to do with, what then is the purpose of a God?
Good question.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 530,541 - 530,560 of715,993
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

582 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min Clearwater 171,395
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 33 min Chess Jurist 440,797
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min Chess 529,709
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 36 min andet1987 3,864
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min Charlie Sheen 255,603
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 39 min Hidingfromyou 93,143
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 42 min waleed sadat 114,553
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Shut-Up 60
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••