“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#558556 Nov 2, 2012
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
reading your post
I assume that Skombolis is more smart from you and those whose toungues rambling only in the grass full of cockroaches and insects,
that is what people like you are.
I see skombolis that he is good and urgent help for yours atheistic missing monkies link brains?
Please, for the love of the internet, learn English or learn to Google.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#558557 Nov 2, 2012
Pokay wrote:
Even according to the most ridiculous assumption that fundamental forces do not require a cause, we still have our work cut out for us to figure out how power can come from nothing; in that case there is still much that could change our reality if it became known to us. If power came from nothing then we might be close to knowing something absolute if we could ever figure that one out.
Power is an artificial construct, most rulers borrow the power from the people, but meh, different topic.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#558558 Nov 2, 2012
Pokay wrote:
Even according to the most ridiculous assumption that fundamental forces do not require a cause, we still have our work cut out for us to figure out how power can come from nothing; in that case there is still much that could change our reality if it became known to us. If power came from nothing then we might be close to knowing something absolute if we could ever figure that one out.
Oh, poo.

We'll figure it out.

And without your god too.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#558559 Nov 2, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
"Yes, science does not have absolute answers. It's not possible that science will ever produce absolute answers. If you want to subsequently claim "therefore a higher power exists" you're making an argument based on ignorance"
<quoted text>
Clearly you don't.
Why? Because I believe in a higher power? There are no scientists that believe in a higher power? Top physicists believe in God, it has nothing to do with science. What I am saying is that I would trust my own senses in a case of evidence for or against a higher power. And science speaks more to my senses than any religion does. But it cannot address anything of that nature so quit making something out of nothing.
<quoted text>
No, I'm not insulting science. It's not possible to do science from an absolute position - knowing this produces stronger science.
At this point, I really don't think you're capable of understanding that.
<quoted text>
Rather, I said it's not a knowable answer - not sure why you fail to realize this.
You're not addressing my questions. You're diverting like a politician. Of course, it's not possible to do anything from an absolute position because no such position exists in our reality that we know of. That doesn't have any bearing on whether one should believe that science could ever figure out anything absolute. You said science can never figure out anything absolute; I didn't say it.

Yea tell me more about what I'm not capable of understanding rather than fessing up that you had no reason to take that approach other than to smokescreen.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#558560 Nov 2, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Close. He did lose a gerbil the other day for a little while. Hopefully it found it's way back out.
It looked like that poster does most of his talking out of his arse. So if the gerbil is smart he will sound follow the soundwaves until they stop echoing and he will be free:)

Location hidden

#558561 Nov 2, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. this has nothing to do with Nano and everything to do with your post claiming YD never threatened anyone and didn't deserve to be 'stalked'..
.. you were the one wanting to make a wager, I accepted. Are you ready to put your money where you mouth is ??..
.. if not, don't make accusations about people or situations you know absolutely nothing about ..
Can't beat the brotherhood around here I tell ya. I didn't claim YD threatened or didn't threaten anyone, I assumed she didn't threaten anyone. If I said "I bet...." I didn't mean that literally. Did she threaten anyone? You tell me. And did someone from topix stalk her or harrass her in any similar way? You tell me. I'm just drawing conclusions from what nano said. She's been around here longer than I have.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#558562 Nov 2, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>The irony is that Christianty when followed properly would discourage bigotry of any kind. Yes homosexuality is listed as a sin.(a discussion for a diff day is if the word used for it in the NT really means gay prostitute) But there are 668 sins listed in the Bible. All sins are equally punishable by death. Many sins are spoken in much, much harsher terms by Christ who only mentions it one time in a list of a dozen sins of the flesh He also says judge not yet ye be judged, judge in the same manner you would have yourself judged, to love your neighbor, enemy, and brother and to leave the judging to the Father. As Christians the most we are allowed to do is recognize what is a sin. So these ppl were bigots and would be regardless of their faith. They use it as an excuse hoping it makes the ugliness in their souls seem less offensIve to themselves and others.(T) PEACE
Yes, if people believed in Christianity as you do, I'd have to agree with you.

I'd argue, however, that the concept of "sin" is designed by religion to control people's behavior. It allows manipulation of the majority by the elite.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#558563 Nov 2, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is objective, that is true, however data can be objective, and you have none.
That depends on exactly how we define the word data. Biological data is different than historical data. Some data can be measured or tested by devices such as meters, while other data is tested or measured by proven methods of research. Data is only objective until it is examined by the human eye and judged by the human mind.

Long Beach, CA

#558564 Nov 2, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text> Why? Because I believe in a higher power? There are no scientists that believe in a higher power? Top physicists believe in God, it has nothing to do with science. What I am saying is that I would trust my own senses in a case of evidence for or against a higher power. And science speaks more to my senses than any religion does. But it cannot address anything of that nature so quit making something out of nothing. <quoted text>You're not addressing my questions. You're diverting like a politician. Of course, it's not possible to do anything from an absolute position because no such position exists in our reality that we know of. That doesn't have any bearing on whether one should believe that science could ever figure out anything absolute. You said science can never figure out anything absolute; I didn't say it.
Yea tell me more about what I'm not capable of understanding rather than fessing up that you had no reason to take that approach other than to smokescreen.
Dude, you believe in a higher power?

Like, you really believe that?

And you're not on anything, right?

Ghosts, witches, everything?

Or like one generic HIGHERPOWER, like a mammoth battery or something but with moral authority.

More power too you.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#558565 Nov 2, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<sigh>

1. It's not an assumption. It's not something we can know at this point. I don't think I can say this any clearer for you.

2. You aren't using the word "power" correctly.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#558566 Nov 2, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I shrink some of your stuff again?
Those tank tops don't have labels so I don't know how to wash them correctly.
The blood stains are always in the front around the neck area.

Hey, I don't always ask what day it is. Don't judge.

Location hidden

#558567 Nov 2, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. would you like to explore my feminine side ??..
Do you have a different side?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#558568 Nov 2, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text> Why? Because I believe in a higher power? There are no scientists that believe in a higher power? Top physicists believe in God, it has nothing to do with science. What I am saying is that I would trust my own senses in a case of evidence for or against a higher power.
No, it's the argument I'm critiquing. You cannot say "you don't know X, therefore God exists." That's an argument from ignorance.

You're welcome to believe whatever you want.
And science speaks more to my senses than any religion does.
It certainly does, but you don't seem to grasp it very well.
But it cannot address anything of that nature so quit making something out of nothing.
Uhm...you are the one arguing for absolutes and causes when we have evidence of none.
You're not addressing my questions. You're diverting like a politician.
I'm correcting your misunderstandings - it's plain for anyone here to see.
Of course, it's not possible to do anything from an absolute position because no such position exists in our reality that we know of.
Exactly.
That doesn't have any bearing on whether one should believe that science could ever figure out anything absolute. You said science can never figure out anything absolute; I didn't say it.
I stand by that.
If you like. When you describe science, you get pretty much everything wrong. Either you aren't capable of explaining what's in your head, truly don't understand science, or some mixture of both.

Your subsequent musings on science and pretenses to drawing conclusions are wildly and amusingly incorrect.

Is there any thing else of yours you'd like me to critique?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#558569 Nov 2, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>"listed as a sin"....but listed by whom? You honestly believe it came directly from God? If we all followed a doctrine to the T it would be a perfect world, not in terms of absolute perfection (well we can not be sure what absolute perfection is like) but in the eyes of whomever wrote the doctrine. But how can you write a doctrine when you can't get two people to agree on what the meaning of death is? "Punishable by death". What if death is just a door to the next place or life? Death then doesn't sound so bad. How can anyone of us claim to know what death is all about or that the Bible somehow is an authority on it; how do you know it is authentic? You don't. We know what it looks like from this side (objectively) but we have no idea if the subjective experience continues through death in the case our consciousness continues on.
Science is not an authority on the subjective exoperience of death and neither is the Bible. I don't see how one can be so blind as to have 100% conviction in it.
This post of yours, Pokay, I agree with.

It would be nice to have an afterlife.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#558570 Nov 2, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Oh boy here we go, you never seem to run out of diversions. First of all a hypothesis is basically an assumption anyway. We test the assumption and see what we get. If we get something we might call it a scientific fact. If not, we let it go, try again using a different approach, or, in this case, we arbitrarily call it fundamental if we can't dissect it any more.
What science was ever "framed around absolute reference points"? That concept cannot even be approached. And even if it could, we all know that just because it is beyond science at this time doesn't mean it isn't possible. According to your philosophy we have nothing to look forward to in science. May as well pack it all in.
.. so nice to see you're teaching a scientist about hypotheses ..

.. can you instruct me on lesbian sexual activity ??..

Long Beach, CA

#558571 Nov 2, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>

Is there any thing else of yours you'd like me to critique?
Yeah.

Do these pants make me look fat?

Location hidden

#558572 Nov 2, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew what you meant, Pokay, but it was written so as to proclaim life a living hell. So I had fun with it.
I don't think you fully understand my position: we know of no absolutes, we can test nothing from an absolute position and absolutes don't help us in our scientific understanding of the universe. Unless "there are no absolutes" is a message of an absolute, I'm not sure what to give you.
:)
Whatever Hiding, You have more time than I do. I'll give you this reply then you can say whatever you want behind my back. "Absolutes don't help us in ou understanding of the universe"? We have to have an absolute before you can even say something like that. If we had an absolute it would surely help us in our understanding pretty much by definition. Absolute Truth, yea who needs that right? Science is after absolute lies huh?
What is this power you speak of? Can you mathematically diagram it for me?
Don't you ever get tired of diverting? If you really mean what you say then you have no understanding of science. By definition a force has power. Doesn't matter if it's a fundamental force or not. Fundamental forces cause other things; they translate their power to give rise to the reality we live in. You're saying it's absurd that a fundamental force should have a cause.

Whatever Hiding. You're just doing your thing for "the cause". Even if you convert one person in your lifetime to atheism, your life will be worth it. Go get 'em.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#558573 Nov 2, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Can't beat the brotherhood around here I tell ya. I didn't claim YD threatened or didn't threaten anyone, I assumed she didn't threaten anyone. If I said "I bet...." I didn't mean that literally. Did she threaten anyone? You tell me. And did someone from topix stalk her or harrass her in any similar way? You tell me. I'm just drawing conclusions from what nano said. She's been around here longer than I have.
.. sorry. Can't deal with your arrogance tonight ..

Long Beach, CA

#558574 Nov 2, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever Hiding, You have more time than I do. I'll give you this reply then you can say whatever you want behind my back.

Whatever Hiding. You're just doing your thing for "the cause". Even if you convert one person in your lifetime to atheism, your life will be worth it. Go get 'em.
Dude, really.

That was lame.

Location hidden

#558575 Nov 2, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's the argument I'm critiquing. You cannot say "you don't know X, therefore God exists." That's an argument from ignorance.
You're welcome to believe whatever you want.
Again, I am not saying, "therefore God exists". There is a BIG difference between believing something exists and saying it does indeed exist. The fat tht we cannot identify any more root cause is not the reason I believe in a higher power. It is only one little tiny contribution to the whole mixing pot of things it takes me to reach my belief. It took me twenty five years to reach my conviction, I didn't just believe a higher power exists because I don't know X.

And you cannot say that "you do know X, therefore God does NOT exist".

OK now you can talk behind my back, I'm outta here. It's like falling into a snake pit when I come in here sometimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 min Anti-Christ 441,812
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Liam 560,391
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 23 min lovewithin 39,380
Couch Potato Alert 33 min yon 9
Why are Fat Women so Attracted to ME? (Apr '08) 34 min I hate fat woman 58
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 56 min putti 5,527
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr lil whispers 605,320
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Aura Mytha 265,422
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 5 hr yon 4,875
More from around the web