Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps we should think of it as "Faith Seeking Understanding" I am just concerned about some people's faith in the infallibility of science.
If you don't believe in God, then at least consider that in Science, the results are only as good as its interpreters.
You are still making presumptions. Once you presuppose that a god exists, no matter which god you want to presuppose, you are no longer being scientific, much less objective. Your assertion loses all credibility because of it. You cannot fill in "I don't know" with "god dun it, end of story" and expect to get anywhere. That is a dead end, a non-answer.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Mirror, Mirror is our Troll of Many Socks. Has about 20 different monikers and focuses on homosexuality. Most everyone ignores him. He changes socks every 15-30 minutes. Perhaps a little OCD ??..
.. and, Dr. Shrink? ah...how do I say this nicely? Perhaps he has a deviated septum in his brain ??..
.. and, me? I like you, SKOM. That's all that's really important ..
I figured he was a troll...who else would defend one of the worst ones on Topix. Like you to HL:)
AL GARCIA

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>So the only reason you arent sleeping with guys is because you were socialized to be straight? You must have weighed out the pros and cons of dating both genders and then upon onserving your peers you opted for straight? Thats messed up. I just realized when I hit puberty I was naturally attracted to women. I guess its a good thing u werent raised around ppl who screw sheep! Or were u?
That was really baaaaaaaaaaad.....

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I understand that Catcher. And I personally find it kind of disheartening that some have arrived at that point from the attack of religious Dogma or from others that abused the word and used it as a weapon rather than a tool for healing. That is what I find sad.
.. hi ya, Al !!..

.. understanding is impossible when, regardless of evidence, someone insists they are always right and always launches fruitless attacks. It's frustrating ..

.. yes, there can be understanding between believers and non-believers. You're living proof of that! So is SKOM. It doesn't have to be a battleground ..

.. we're dealing with much mental illness on this thread. Stay focused, be Al. Science and religious beliefs can co-exist if we learn to ignore the haters on both sides of the fence ..
dnky oe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Realize one thing the israelite had Jehovah constantly preforming miracles for them. And still were dissobedient to Him. The point Im trying to bring across is that the the strongest relationship and strongest bond with Jehovah God comes from those who follow Him without seeing Him. Those that dont know their next step in life and where it will land them, but yet follow Jehovah anyway. We all cannot see in front of us in the path of life, yet we all take that next step not knowing what will happen. So if tomorrow is uncertain, unwritten, unseen why cant we believe in Jehovah God who is trying to lead us through His word the bible. And the actions of His son, who lived as a human not only to die for our sins but to show us how to live as human beings made in Jehovah and Jesus' image.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

AL GARCIA wrote:
<quoted text>
That was really baaaaaaaaaaad.....
~snicker
dnky oe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Their are many things useen. gravity, tomorrow, oxygen and many other things and yet we believe in them. And we are not able to see Jehovah anyway! One faithful man named moses asked Jehovah in the bible ( EXODUS 33: 16-20) to see Him and was to no one can see me and live. We human cant even look into the sun for any length of time but yet we want to see JEHOVAH who made the sun and is a zillion times zillion more powerful then the sun.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>~snicker
Now I am back
because your faken friends from Mod Topix are at home, and don't remove my posts or ban me

you threated me 1 year ago,that you are'big boys"mafia gambino shoe shine,and internet monk,and you promise me,that you f....troll will destroy me
also have guts ty HUJU
instead sending beg posts to your friend Mod Topix,
face how much guts you have and destroy me?????

you are fake troll,
pretender to be christian,politician, atheist, and now prover of God existency
Your devil heart spirit completly eraze your last brain fluids
you are insane,stalker,insultive and mocker of own brothers in Christ

you are piece of jerk,joke and punk,
everybody will soon notice,who are you on this topic

just cyber lunatic and coward without of any outside life or friendship,just guwno

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still making presumptions. Once you presuppose that a god exists, no matter which god you want to presuppose, you are no longer being scientific, much less objective. Your assertion loses all credibility because of it. You cannot fill in "I don't know" with "god dun it, end of story" and expect to get anywhere. That is a dead end, a non-answer.
Arent you doing the same thing though? You presume science holds the answers to abiogenesis. You reject the possibilty the answer may be spiritual yet there is no evidence to rule that out. Al isnt sayIng because he doesnt know the only possible explanation is God and cant be science. Rather he is saying He believes God did so, he just doesn't know how. Much in the same way you believe science is responsible but cant say how. I agree one shouldnt substitute God as the answer anytime they dont know but imho that isnt what he was doing.(T) Peace

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. hi ya, Al !!..
.. understanding is impossible when, regardless of evidence, someone insists they are always right and always launches fruitless attacks. It's frustrating ..
.. yes, there can be understanding between believers and non-believers. You're living proof of that! So is SKOM. It doesn't have to be a battleground ..
.. we're dealing with much mental illness on this thread. Stay focused, be Al. Science and religious beliefs can co-exist if we learn to ignore the haters on both sides of the fence ..
Be still my beating heart !!! Hi HL!

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's third choice, Al.
To withhold judgment, recognizing that we just don't know.
or care.
dnky oe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Theres not one thing in existence that wasnt made. If you see a certain car you say "what company is the maker", if you ladies see a dress or pair of shoes you say who is the designer. If your at a resturant and have an amazing dish you say send the chef my conpliments, you see a lost child and you automatically ask it, Where are your parents. We know everything has a maker.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Mirror, Mirror is our Troll of Many Socks. Has about 20 different monikers and focuses on homosexuality. Most everyone ignores him. He changes socks every 15-30 minutes. Perhaps a little OCD ??..
I don't ignore my wittle boi. No, no, no. Hims my good wittle boi. Yes he EEEiis.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quooted text>
I don't believe anyone is objective Kitten. Not even you. We all have had many prior life experiences that make us prejudiced in many ways. We understand life based on our personal experience and This is what generally makes humans somewhat irrational because our lives are all different to everybody else. This is why we discuss, to try to keep an open mind so that we can all reduce that irrationality and attempt to reach some kind of understanding.

I only lose credibility in your eyes Kitten if you are inflexible and refuse to try to understand my interpretation of life.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Who is the "we" in your post? You have a frog in your pocket?
Close. He did lose a gerbil the other day for a little while. Hopefully it found it's way back out.

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes, I did !!..
Hi!!!
dnky oe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

But then we go to the beautiful island of hawaii and marvel at its beauty or go to the savahna of africa and see all the different animals, or one night go out to the country to look at all the stars, or even go to the bahamas and almost go into shock because of the beauty of the sunset. And then proceed to say "WHAT A BIG BANG THAT MUST HAVE BEEN".

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I am back
because your faken friends from Mod Topix are at home, and don't remove my posts or ban me
What?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
or care.
Whenever I don't know something, I don't care. Anything I really need to know gets in my email somehow.

Damn internets is magic.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

dnky oe wrote:
Theres not one thing in existence that wasnt made. If you see a certain car you say "what company is the maker", if you ladies see a dress or pair of shoes you say who is the designer. If your at a resturant and have an amazing dish you say send the chef my conpliments, you see a lost child and you automatically ask it, Where are your parents. We know everything has a maker.
In your opinion, were spelling and grammar made? Are you ignoring their maker?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

387 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min AussieBobby 256,387
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 12 min Naveen kumar 4,520
2014 Nike air force one AF1 Mens shoes buy from... 18 min rviisyug 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 28 min Aura Mytha 5,212
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min Dave Nelson 224,024
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 37 min Mehr 396
Victory for Birthers over Obama eligibility sca... (Jun '13) 41 min caesar- 4
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 47 min hojo 532,448
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 55 min Clearwater 172,271
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 12 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••