Prove there's a god.

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#558684 Nov 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that science has all the answers?
Don't get me wrong, science is awsome. It has it's place like everything else. BUT, science does not know how life began.
Science only cares about adopting theories that may or may not be conclusive. Show me one thing science has ever made or discovered that was not already here to begin with?
I had to laugh the other day when i saw a news release on 'fish oil' pills. for the last 15 years or so, science 'established' the reliable and sure benefits of taking fish oil suppliments for a healthy heart, and lower chelostrol.
a few days ago, the medical report came out saying, "hey guess what? we have suddenly discovered that fish oil suppliments don't work".(laughing)
This is a regular occurance in the world of science.
Trial and error. assumptions. Theories.
but no conclusive answers. Fact is the only conclusive and sure answer is God.
His work proves that.

No one assumes science has all the answers , but you assume since it does not then it is worthless. The fact is that science does provide answers. Whether they are absolute answers doesn't matter.
Science answers things that can be later found to have even better explanations as answers.

Where your belief is that god provides you with conclusive answers
it is only your belief and a fallacy that there ever was a conclusive answer to began with.
Henry

Wildenfels, Germany

#558685 Nov 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
what does people choosing not to believe in God have to do with establishing there is no God? Of course there will be many who choose to reject God in their free will.
That doesn't mean there is no God, that just means there are deceived and foolish people in this world.
Whatever people believe there is of course no god!
Henry

Wildenfels, Germany

#558686 Nov 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I see so you are anti-freedom? A person who hates Democracy, hates freedom. A person who hates Christianity hates God, and a person who hates English is not American.
I hope you don't live here in America feeling that way.
Not the daintest idea of ever a god!

Since: Nov 12

United States

#558687 Nov 3, 2012
Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
How certain are you that a world-wide flood never covered the earth? Are you saying this because you don't see how it's possible? Let's look at the most recent disaster; Hurricane Sandy.
Sandy was almost 1,000 miles wide, and was combined with 2 other storm systems. At landfall in New Jersey, there was a storm surge of 10-12 feet at the coast, and for a period of less than 24 hours. Sandy was more powerful as a Category 1 hurricane than Katrina was as a Category 3.
Now figure in the unknowns such as wind speed, rainfall amounts, storm surges at various locations, and then factor in how many hours are in 40 days. 960 hours. If New Orleans and New York City endured catastrophic flooding from just 24-36 hours of high impact storm activity, how much more so would the entire earth in 960 hours? Can we say with absolute certainty that there has NEVER been a super-storm in the history of the planet?
Over 200 different cultures claim a massive catastrophic global flood in their respective histories. Who are we to say they are wrong?
I agree that there may been a world wide flood, but in order for it to go back to "normal", that would take thousands of years for the process to complete. So even though the various religions reference a flood, it still does not make religions right and everyone else is wrong. Anyone can write a book to include real world facts and still be fictional.
Henry

Wildenfels, Germany

#558688 Nov 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
what does people choosing not to believe in God have to do with establishing there is no God? Of course there will be many who choose to reject God in their free will.
That doesn't mean there is no God, that just means there are deceived and foolish people in this world.
Absolute surely: there is no such a thing like god!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#558689 Nov 3, 2012
I am going to read all these responses. But I have to get going out the door soon. I had to put this in. As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I HAD to quote a Cheech n Chong movie! Chong-"One time I played this song on 78 (speed) and saw god, man!" Always thought that was so funny. But now, I can't remember the song he said he was playing! Dammit. Anyone recall that part of the movie? May have been Iron Man.
Henry

Wildenfels, Germany

#558690 Nov 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You, nor I will know that untill we cross over and exchange human for spiritual.
Do you remeber in the bible when Moses wanted to see the face of God and God told Moses you can not see My face and live?
God is referred to as "an all consuming fire", power.
to answer your question if we knew how God does what He does, then we to would be gods.
Forget that Bible! Why dont you ernstly study science!

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#558691 Nov 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize don't you that people who say 'Faith' is not real, are people who have never had faith, exercised faith, or walked in faith themselves? How can you determine the credibility of something that you have never really tested yourself?
Faith is tested every year for hundreds or years, by the migration of millions of people who believe they can be healed by it at the Sanctuary of Lourdes.

But statistically the truth is revealed.

"An estimated 200 million people have visited the shrine since 1860,[4] and the Roman Catholic Church has officially recognised 68 healings considered miraculous. Cures are examined using Church criteria for authenticity and authentic miracle healing with no physical or psychological basis other than the healing power of the water."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lourdes

Faith produces no more results than the statistical odds allow .
So yes the faith is real,
but the results of it are not miraculous.
Henry

Wildenfels, Germany

#558692 Nov 3, 2012
En Sabah Nur wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate is such a strong word. Disagree? Sure, cause they are normally used in negative and controlling ways to make the rest of the world into a "perfect" image of what the conformists truly believe should exist. Everything that America was supposed to be has been destroyed for very long time. Stop being a blind, brain-washed sheep and open your eyes.
Freedom can have different meaning to different people. Christianity had hundreds of years of bloodshed in the name of their faith and god cause they wanted to conform (cleanse) the world, but was basically their judgmental and discriminating attitude. Just like you are judging me without using your brain 1st. No, I'm not anti-american. No, I am not anti-christ. and No, I am not anti-english. BUT I AM ANTI-CONFORMIST!
Democracy is no different from Christianity cause it's also used as an excuse for war and is backed by Christianity. It's all part of a New World Order, as they try to conform everyone to 1 faith, 1 government, and 1 language.
Forget all religions they are absolute antihuman!
Henry

Wildenfels, Germany

#558693 Nov 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
There was never ever any god!
Henry

Wildenfels, Germany

#558694 Nov 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
God never existed!
Henry

Wildenfels, Germany

#558695 Nov 3, 2012
Pokay wrote:
I'm "wildly incorrect" but Hiding can't *show* me what's wrong about it or what the "right" answer is, she only *tells* me I'm incorrect. Yea, way to go Hiding. I guess you think that since people blindly believe the Bible they will blindly believe you to.
Who's uncivil here? Huh Hiding?
The bible is full of lies, fakes and simple errors!

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#558696 Nov 3, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not the beer!!
It's a city in the Inland Empire, not far from L.A.
Hahaha
Whew!!

Don't scare me like that, man!!

;)

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#558697 Nov 3, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense was only helpful when we first climbed from the trees, it will deceive you though.
The only problem with common sense is that it isn't very common.

Look at all the fundies, for example....
Henry

Wildenfels, Germany

#558698 Nov 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that science has all the answers?
Don't get me wrong, science is awsome. It has it's place like everything else. BUT, science does not know how life began.
Science only cares about adopting theories that may or may not be conclusive. Show me one thing science has ever made or discovered that was not already here to begin with?
I had to laugh the other day when i saw a news release on 'fish oil' pills. for the last 15 years or so, science 'established' the reliable and sure benefits of taking fish oil suppliments for a healthy heart, and lower chelostrol.
a few days ago, the medical report came out saying, "hey guess what? we have suddenly discovered that fish oil suppliments don't work".(laughing)
This is a regular occurance in the world of science.
Trial and error. assumptions. Theories.
but no conclusive answers. Fact is the only conclusive and sure answer is God.
His work proves that.
No god!

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#558699 Nov 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
what ever you need to believe Dan.
How did you find out my real name, Patty?

Have you been spying on me?

That's it, you're a stalker.

Otherwise how could you come up with my real name?

Your actions are demonic and criminal.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#558700 Nov 3, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello cute girl! I'm o~k~.:)
Always miss you!
Swing on by the "Why I'm No Longer a Christian" thread some time, and join in the festivities. Don't forget your umbrella and rubber boots, as the fundies throw nasty stuff through the bars of their cages.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#558703 Nov 3, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian love shines through you like shit through toilet water.
You *are* the shit of humanity.
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we see why God slaughtered human
If you are refering to your buybull, that's just one more pile of shit you live in.
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>You're just fortunate you haven't been put to death during the New Testament days I guess you are allowed to live just so we can see fully why you will burn and rot in Hell,
It's your hell, fucknugget; you go there.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#558705 Nov 3, 2012
En Sabah Nur wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that there may been a world wide flood, but in order for it to go back to "normal", that would take thousands of years for the process to complete. So even though the various religions reference a flood, it still does not make religions right and everyone else is wrong. Anyone can write a book to include real world facts and still be fictional.
It wouldn't take thousands of years for everything to go back to normal. The concept of normalcy would be radically changed by such a catastrophic event. This may actually account for the extinction of some animals, and the appearance of "hybrid" breeds that we now take for granted. Flood waters have been known to recede fairly rapidly. If there had been 960 hours of torrential rain, wind, and flash-flooding, this could account for massive erosion, and tidal changes.
Nothing went back to normal. The concept of what was normal prior to the flood, was eternally changed.

This underscores a previous post I made last night. All data is objective until we humans look at the data and judge the data.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#558706 Nov 3, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello cute girl! Always miss you!
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. awww, that's so sweet. Thanks !!..
Hey!

Now wait just a doggone second there, li'l missy!!

;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Bongo 70,728
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 15 min crucifiedguy 4,987
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min truth 658,634
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min Neville Thompson 282,967
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 51 min Oliver 8
Franke Servis Sefakoy O2I2 299 I5 34 FRANKE Se... 1 hr mar 3
Tsim Sha Tsui SpringSpa 1 hr ABC1 1
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 13 hr Hilary 95
More from around the web