“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#557931 Nov 1, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, what do have against flies? They serve a vital purpose to the environment.
True.

Them turds need the TLC
god

Mumbai, India

#557932 Nov 1, 2012
have faith in me,then u will not ask this question.
Faith

Suva, Fiji

#557933 Nov 1, 2012
To prove that there is a God is simple. Simply answer this question. Which one comes fist the egg or the chicken.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#557934 Nov 1, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Kodder, as long as one is loyal, one has a soul...
pfffft
What's wrong with these athitards?
Prove a soul exists. Until there is evidence, believing in one is just fanciful dreaming.
Teez

South Africa

#557935 Nov 1, 2012
Okay. So, more than .5 million responses and I'm not sure if anyone has offered any sensible proof to this most important question. In the philosophy I study, the first belief is called saTkaariya vaadham -- Something cannot come from nothing and something cannot become nothing. Let's take a claypot, the example used in our philosophical scriptures. It has to come from a material cause. But, throwing some clay and water together ain't gonna get you a pot. You need instruments. Then still, no pot. Intro the potter. The intelligent and efficient cause and, wallaa (not sure of the correct spelling). Compare the claypot to the earth. How many y'all made this planet? Put your hands down cos you ain't God. As you need an intelligence, ie., the potter, to make the pot, you need an Intelligence to make not only this tiny spot that we call home, but a magnanomous universe. That Intelligence Who Ultimately makes all this and makes them function precisely, what seems to us as random, This Intelligence is God. As Einstein says, "Look into nature and then you'll understand everything more clearly"...or something to this effect. You can google it. To find out who you are, study the body; to find-out about God, study the universe - saiva sithaandham.
Teez

South Africa

#557936 Nov 1, 2012
Oh, the dude who commented in a perv manner about Mother kaali, a-hole, look at a pic of the Goddess; the guy lying dead under her foot is not Lord sivan... he was one who had the same thoughts as you...

#557937 Nov 1, 2012
Faith wrote:
To prove that there is a God is simple. Simply answer this question. Which one comes fist the egg or the chicken.
The egg.

Chickens have only existed for few million years. Birds have existed for a bit more than hundred million years.

Eggs have been used long, long before that - eggs have been used in nature more than 400 million years ago.

Next question

#557938 Nov 1, 2012
Teez wrote:
Okay. So, more than .5 million responses and I'm not sure if anyone has offered any sensible proof to this most important question. In the philosophy I study, the first belief is called saTkaariya vaadham -- Something cannot come from nothing and something cannot become nothing. Let's take a claypot, the example used in our philosophical scriptures. It has to come from a material cause. But, throwing some clay and water together ain't gonna get you a pot. You need instruments. Then still, no pot. Intro the potter. The intelligent and efficient cause and, wallaa (not sure of the correct spelling). Compare the claypot to the earth. How many y'all made this planet? Put your hands down cos you ain't God. As you need an intelligence, ie., the potter, to make the pot, you need an Intelligence to make not only this tiny spot that we call home, but a magnanomous universe. That Intelligence Who Ultimately makes all this and makes them function precisely, what seems to us as random, This Intelligence is God. As Einstein says, "Look into nature and then you'll understand everything more clearly"...or something to this effect. You can google it. To find out who you are, study the body; to find-out about God, study the universe - saiva sithaandham.
Earth is not a clay pot.

To created a planet, you need gravity, a massive amount of matter and lots of time.

No god needed.

Philosophy is not science class.

Next question.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#557939 Nov 1, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we're gonna have a 'born-again pride parade'. i'm sure you lovely people will be gracious enough to support it:)
That's obscene. Nobody wants to see a bunch of flaming Christians in the streets - especially not your brazen women wantonly flashing their uncovered faces and bare wrists and ankles. Nobody wants that forced on them. What next? "Choir Nation"? "Tacked Up?" "NAMGLA"?

Allah does not approve. You Christian sharmutas will burn in Jahannam for your offense against him. Allah akbar!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#557940 Nov 1, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove a soul exists. Until there is evidence, believing in one is just fanciful dreaming.
I have no idea where the Abrahamic religions got their idea of soul from. There is no such thing in the Torah.

The word that is translated as "soul" in English is "nephesh" which is simply "living creature". The same word is used for men and beasts.

Fennario

#557941 Nov 1, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
My blender bible says, "Keepeth thine hands and thine utensils...." You must have a more modern tranlation. Mine is the King Osterizer edition.
Let us puree.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#557942 Nov 1, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
Wow, this thread either hasn't changed or just reminds me of too many other room, they all seem to blend together after a while. But why is the ones claiming they are someone here in defense of Christianity or Christ are always the most vulgar embarrassments Christianity has to offer?
You know what, even if every atheist or anti-Christian or agnostic or any other group you want to include has said things you don't like, isn't your entire position that Christ is a good thing and has made you a better person?
Yet I see bigotry, mocking the infirmed, hate on a level that most hate-groups would probably find extreme. It is pathetic. I used to stick around during times like these because I guess I got some satisfaction out of showing these same people they didn't understand their own Bible at all and expose them for the ignorant hypocrites they are. And while standing up against hatred and inhumanity needs to be done, I work too long all day to feel like I have to shower just from reading a post online
Some of you need to take a serious look in the mirror. Have the freaking courtesy to leave my faith out of it. You want to hate people who are gay or sick or don't believe and want to do it as vulgar and sleazy as possible, at least speak for yourselves and don't hide behind Jesus or the Bible because both deserve better
Well stated. Thanks.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#557943 Nov 1, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Malaria, cancer, AIDS and flies?
Yeah, sure
You forgot mosquitos!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#557944 Nov 1, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea where the Abrahamic religions got their idea of soul from. There is no such thing in the Torah.
The word that is translated as "soul" in English is "nephesh" which is simply "living creature". The same word is used for men and beasts.
They got it from the Egyptian religions, actually. But in those religions there were two parts, one, the intellect, would move to a newly born soul, a simple explanation for passing knowledge from one generation to the next. The other would face Anpu (Anubis) at the gate of the underworld to be judged by your guilt. If you had guilt then you could not enter and were doomed to wander the Earth for all eternity.

The Egyptians got it from the pagan religions, I believe, but I don't know for certain. The Abrahamic religions stole a lot of mythology from the Egyptians.

Location hidden

#557945 Nov 1, 2012
Faith wrote:
Fisting chickens? This place has reached a new low!

Fennario

#557946 Nov 1, 2012
SYKE wrote:
Here is another bad thing,take all ot the people that have already lived and died.That number is smaller than all of the people that are currently alive.
Wrong. It's not even close. The best estimates are that more than ten times as many have already died as are presently living:
http://www.prb.org/Articles/2002/HowManyPeopl...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16870579

Location hidden

#557947 Nov 1, 2012
God wrote:
Hi everyone!
God is Aussie? G'day mate.

#557948 Nov 1, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot mosquitos!
God loves mosquitos, flies and poor people - that is why he made so many of them

Fennario

#557949 Nov 1, 2012
TLC wrote:
<quoted text>
George Carlin is in Hell praying to God right now. 100% of his prayers are not getting answered.
Threats of hell are merely psychological terrorism. Carlin, an atheist, lived his life without hell. Hell belongs to those not smart enough to reject it:

"To the philosophy of atheism belongs the credit of robbing death of its horror and its terror. It brought about the abolition of Hell." - Joseph Lewis

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#557950 Nov 1, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
They got it from the Egyptian religions, actually. But in those religions there were two parts, one, the intellect, would move to a newly born soul, a simple explanation for passing knowledge from one generation to the next. The other would face Anpu (Anubis) at the gate of the underworld to be judged by your guilt. If you had guilt then you could not enter and were doomed to wander the Earth for all eternity.
The Egyptians got it from the pagan religions, I believe, but I don't know for certain. The Abrahamic religions stole a lot of mythology from the Egyptians.
"Moses" introduced a lot of foreign elements into the Canaanite religion. Genesis is mostly the Sumerian mythology while Exodus demonstrates the transition of the Canaanites/Hebrews from a Mesopotamian culture to a Mediteranean one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 4 min Just American 1,033
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 5 min sam 60
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Gods r Delusions ... 560,751
Will the False Prophet come from the Vatican??? 34 min truth 27
Pope-ism 46 min yon 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 49 min RiccardoFire 96,868
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 50 min scirocco 37,848
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 265,592
Gay snapchat names 3 hr edm732 188
Moses never existed 3 hr KiMare 862
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Qu_innocence 605,392
More from around the web