Prove there's a god.

“Jon Snow”

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#554466 Oct 22, 2012
atheists dont have a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
Your type shouldn't worry about what other people believe. You should run your life, not other people's.
No, the fact is that I can discount the SUPPOSED facts that science comes up with because of their past failings. But that kind of logic has to do with hypothetical reasoning which is supposed to be developed at adolescence, however, some people only develop it to a level of about 2% as compared to other people.
An example of hypothetical reasoning in action is thinking about other people whenever you do anything, rather than just yourself. That is something your type should do, but you don't because you don't have that type of reasoning ability which comes from maturity. So in reality, it's people like you that come up false beliefs such as 'it is people like you that reject human knowledge... blah blah blah', that are the real threat to America and beyond.
Egocentric behavior such as yours is also supposed to be a phase in childhood that people out grow, but your type never does. You should mature and out grow your egocentrism and then you might be able to see who the real threat is. Until then, keep coming up with your kind's FALSE conclusions.
I'm sorry you seek to patronize me on maturity and self sacrifice and the consideration of others? You know nothing about me , but I can tell you I raised 5 children four of them boys. I think I know how to consider others. But the denial of science is a reality in America right now , and this is an issue that needs to be dealt with.
Not squashed out by the same type thinking that causing this country to stagnate academically.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#554467 Oct 22, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a stupid joke. RR, did you like it?
because I have read these threads, I asked an expert!

"Do people with low but functional intellect, know they are less bright?"

I received this response, "If the person has the capacity to reason, then it is likely they do know the level of their intellect".

I am unsure that you rise to the test.

what do you think?

“Reality is too big”

Since: Oct 12

for words and thoughts

#554468 Oct 22, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
By Newtons statement.
If I have seen farther than others....
It's because I stood on the shoulders of giants.
yes but how big is a real giant?

what is a giant to us may be a flea in some distant advanced civilization (speaking metaphorically about intellectual size as a gauge of epistemological sophistication)who is in turn a flea in another...

or maybe we are the intellectual bad asses of the entire cosmos...maybe we represent the state of the art in material self awareness? maybe no other sentient thing knows as much as we do and we know nearly everything there is to know...who knows?

“Reality is too big”

for words and thoughts

#554469 Oct 22, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I just prefer to think that the author of Genesis intended to convey that women were created from an already created being rather than from the dirt of the land like man was allowing women to be more perfect and more finely defined than her prototype.
Woman, therefore, was created as a complement to man, as an integral part of man, and as a powerful and influential companion for man, on an equal footing with him. That is the representation of her coming from his side rather than from his foot or any other part of his body. It's had been suggested that the Hebrew word for "rib" literally does not mean rib at all but simply "side".
If Eve was taken from Adam's side, then how much of Adam was taken? I think that the author of Genesis was suggesting that Eve is literally Adam's better half.
well done Al

wife reads the posts eh?

Location hidden

#554470 Oct 22, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That shooter, Haughton, has a 75% chance of being religious, considering that he's an American & America is 75% religious...
lol
well, that and

his actions being christian

“Reality is too big”

for words and thoughts

#554472 Oct 22, 2012
folks,

i drank too much coffee today and i can't sleep.

i feel like i'm either going to have a heart attack or a mystical epiphany - or maybe both.

have my head phones on and listening to Grooveshark while i peruse your tightly argued inferential musings and biting witticisms

would appreciate suggestions for songs that you consider exceptional, transcendent, riveting or otherwise extraordinary

thank you in advance

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#554473 Oct 22, 2012
Janeebananee wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just curious. What motivates you to make this challenge? Is it your concern for how others invest themselves? Is it due to some anal-order fixation, where you can't bear to have a conflicting viewpoint surviving despite your superior knowledge of the absence of God?
Why this particular topic? Would you rally to debunk Santa from the minds of little children? Would you care to denounce telepathy, astral projection, and NDE's? UFO's? Do you feel a need to strengthen your position on God, or show off your strength? What is your true interest in this challenge?
Actually, the topic of the thread is "Prove there's a god."
Therefore, the challenge is motivated by being on topic.

On top of this, saying "prove there is not a god" is not a valid retort, for that is not the topic of the thread.

Montreal

#554474 Oct 22, 2012
Sorry, ignore that comment...I was wayyyyyy back at the beginning of this thread and didn't realize it.

Sorry about that, please excuse the comment.
henry

Hartenstein, Germany

#554475 Oct 22, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi. My name is Eve. I was formed from a rib bone that was taken from a man made from dirt.
I'm not sure where the dirt came from because the Earth was less than six days old. That's not really a lot of time for the new plants and their leaves to decay. It's not really a lot of time for wind and rain erosion to occur.
I think God Did It.
Of course, I am quite sure, no god was ever in existence at all. The whole Bible is not worth a penny for its truth!

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#554476 Oct 22, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I just prefer to think that the author of Genesis intended to convey that women were created from an already created being rather than from the dirt of the land like man was allowing women to be more perfect and more finely defined than her prototype.
Woman, therefore, was created as a complement to man, as an integral part of man, and as a powerful and influential companion for man, on an equal footing with him. That is the representation of her coming from his side rather than from his foot or any other part of his body. It's had been suggested that the Hebrew word for "rib" literally does not mean rib at all but simply "side".
If Eve was taken from Adam's side, then how much of Adam was taken? I think that the author of Genesis was suggesting that Eve is literally Adam's better half.
That's BS Al and you know it. You're a good man but you can't change what was written in the book. You either buy it or you don't. It was never up for interpretation. That's why you don't see me in art museums staring at paintings saying, "hmmmm, I wonder what the artist is trying to portray there". It is what it is. Like it or not.

The Bible portrays women as less than men. It always has and it always will.

The Bible is wrong.

Montreal

#554477 Oct 22, 2012
Manny43 wrote:
folks,
i feel like i'm either going to have a heart attack or a mystical epiphany - or maybe both.
have my head phones on and listening to Grooveshark while i peruse your tightly argued inferential musings and biting witticisms
would appreciate suggestions for songs that you consider exceptional, transcendent, riveting or otherwise extraordinary
thank you in advance
Go with "Bad Blood" by Supergrass.
I can't stop listening to that one.

Location hidden

#554478 Oct 22, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never had an ass omelet.
Can you get those at IHOP?
it is a dish served exclusively by christians to only christians
henry

Hartenstein, Germany

#554479 Oct 22, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Ha ha ha ha Yeah but that's not a religion specific position in the world. It seems to be an biological issue
women are just smarter than us men. lol
They surely are!
henry

Hartenstein, Germany

#554480 Oct 22, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi. My name is Eve. I was formed from a rib bone that was taken from a man made from dirt.
I'm not sure where the dirt came from because the Earth was less than six days old. That's not really a lot of time for the new plants and their leaves to decay. It's not really a lot of time for wind and rain erosion to occur.
I think God Did It.
Forget about the bible! It is not worth a penny of truth!

Location hidden

#554481 Oct 22, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Fishy odors make me nauseous.
:-p
i Know what you mean

I try to wash it off

it does come off better than religion

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#554482 Oct 22, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer Addam's Family.
henry

Hartenstein, Germany

#554483 Oct 22, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The past unknowns is not a crutch you can use to support your belief in a skydaddy. The fact is we learn from new discovery's
but you cannot discount what is known now with the appeal of banking on future discovery. The mistakes made in calculating Earth age were many , but the fact remains each discovery that was made brought us closer to the truth of the age. But today we aren't going to discover it's age to be much older because we know the age of the moon and mars as well , so it's on pretty solid ground.
But it is people like you that reject human knowledge and science that are a real threat to America by rejecting science and promoting the very type reasoning that stumped knowledge for a thousand years.
You are so right!

“Reality is too big”

for words and thoughts

#554484 Oct 22, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Go with "Bad Blood" by Supergrass.
I can't stop listening to that one.
much obliged...i have it in the queue after: still havent found what im looking for
atheists dont have a clue

Kalamazoo, MI

#554485 Oct 22, 2012
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget about the bible! It is not worth a penny of truth!
you're right, to an atheist, morals are worthless. lol

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#554486 Oct 22, 2012
Manny43 wrote:
folks,
thank you in advance

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sean Hannity offers to fly Obama to Kenya - and... 7 min Caesar 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min kent 665,121
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min RADEKT 284,468
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 50 min Liamm 445
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 53 min Bongo 87,868
The Future of Politics in America 1 hr Nohweh 174
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Nohweh 15
More from around the web