Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#553390 Oct 20, 2012
Goooooood mornin' Hiding!
ps - if you're 16, do NOT flirt with the Redneck :)
uck

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553391 Oct 20, 2012
Lol, there's a society for judging character?!
Oh, I think I've heard it all now.
unless there's a society for tooth brushing..

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#553392 Oct 20, 2012
Tim Shields wrote:
Brother, when you can understand Genesis, the first book, even as well as the atheists do, then you might have a clue about the book of Peter, or even Deuteronomy.
You seem to think that you understand the bible better than an atheist like me does because you believe it's true and I don't. That's like saying that you understand Tom Sawyer better because you believe it's true.

I'd say that an unbeliever is in a better position to understand the bible than a believer. The book says what it says, not what people want or need it to say. For example, I have yet to meet the Christian who can properly interpret these two scriptures:

[1] "For by grace are ye saved through faith not of works." - Ephesians 2:8-9

[2] "Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only." - James 2:24

Can you understand what these two scriptures mean?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553393 Oct 20, 2012
I think Jesus would tell Tim to find some inner peace before preaching it to everyone else.
Do unto to others, you know?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553394 Oct 20, 2012
The Jesus from Family Guy would tell Tim to take the Peter outta hia ass & read it.
LMAO...
Lord, I apologize.
Be with the starving Pygmy in New Guinea.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#553395 Oct 20, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. my goodness! Aren't you the intellect today, Dr. Orangelion ..
.. dictatorial mother? Don't think so. She was a stay-at-home Christian mom who had 11 children. Try another theory ..
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get arragont with me shit gay, you are abnormal, she was dictorial still, she had plenty of children to bully and pick on. Maybe she tried to make you feel guilty and rot your self esteem, maybe she tried to make you feel guilty about things that weren't your fault in the first place, but a narcissistic twat can't see past, you are a shit of a human being to be on this planet.
.. your 2nd diagnosis is also incorrect ..

.. serious questions:

1. What incited your anger?
2. Did that rant make you feel better?
3. If so, what did it accomplish?
4. Did it reflect on my character or your character?
5. Do you also stereotype people based on skin color or religion?
6. Do you think you're better than me because you follow a certain religion?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#553396 Oct 20, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth was created in 6 days because of its symbolic significance.
You have no proof that actually happnened to the universe, let alone how.
Symbolic only to those who created the story to show symbolism. We have a lot of evidence of the formation of the universe. There has never been a trace or even a hint of evidence for Creation.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553397 Oct 20, 2012
Ephesians 2:8-9 is the purpose of salvation, IANS.
Grace is the undeserved kindness that God gives to all, regardless of who you are & what you do.
Through salvation, God's wrath becomes grace, love.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553398 Oct 20, 2012
James 2:24 is a conclusion to a paragraph...
A person is justified by what they do & not by & faith alone.
It'd help you, IANS, to start reading the whole paragraph instead of just one line from it.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#553400 Oct 20, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really stupid. It's hard for me to imagine anyone so stupid. You've done quite well in pushing the very boundaries of what I thought to be the limits of stupid, but here you are, pushing them.
Environmental teratogens:
"By far the largest category of malformations, 65% falls into the group of those with an unknown cause(s). Purely genetic causes of malformations (autosomal and cytogenetic), estimated to produce 20 to 25% of all human malformations, comprise the largest group of congenital malformations with known etiology. Although environmental causes of human malformations account for 10% or fewer of malformations, most of these environmentally induced malformations are related to maternal disease states. Fewer than 1% of all human malformations are related to drug exposure, chemicals, or radiation, but studies of environmentally induced malformations are important because they may teach us how to predict and test for teratogenicity, understand the mechanisms of teratogenesis from all etiologies, and provide a means by which human malformations can be prevented."
Mutagens. You're not smart enough for real science. Just read the wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutagen#DNA_reac...
Here's some pictures for you:
https://www.google.com/search...
But I have one burning question: how did you ever make it out of grade school?
Kid, diseases cause viruses. Mutagions cause cancer, quite the opposite to adaptiving their
enviroment. Mutagions affect, not cause DNA replication, and DNA replication occurs during meiosis
and metitosis when replicating DNA ready for the sperm and egg to create the offspring.
And they lead to cell death, not creating new cells. X-rays, Gamma Rays cause mutagions,
with adverse and negitive affects. An agent is simply a chemical used to add to substances or
materials by humans, such as cleaning agents, or anti baking agent, implying the use of genetic
engineering, modifying, or in medicine. The wikipedia page didn't say anything about mutagions
causing things to evolve. And how does DNA get past around, are you making this up?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#553401 Oct 20, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I am the Ultimate Judge of Character.
I was awarded that by the Society for the Judging of Character in America in 2011 and the Royal Society for the Judging of Character in the UK in 2010. This year, I'm going to receive the Commonwealth Society for the Judging of Character in Australia and the Mention Honrable Paris Soceity Pour le Jugement de Caractère.
So yes, I am, if anything, over-qualified to judge you.
Sir, Ma'am, Beast, and/or Machine, I find you wanting. You are a truly revolting, reprehensible beyond all that is putrid, vomitous, repulsive, grossly malignant form of disgusting filth that has yet purified these forums.
Please, bathe and wash your mind out with bleach.

It would take purple power and a scrub brush me thinks.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#553402 Oct 20, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I was awarded that by the Society for the Judging of Character in America in 2011 and the Royal Society for the Judging of Character in the UK in 2010. This year, I'm going to receive the Commonwealth Society for the Judging of Character in Australia and the Mention Honrable Paris Soceity Pour le Jugement de Caractère.
Sir, Ma'am, Beast, and/or Machine, I find you wanting. You are a truly revolting, reprehensible beyond all that is putrid, vomitous, repulsive, grossly malignant form of disgusting filth that has yet purified these forums.
I have never ever heard of the Society fo Judging character 2011, and
even if it existed it isn't to be taken literally, it was simply a
contest. You still have a lot to learn. And it was probably a contest
against other kids. I am not sick revolting or a sadist, people are quite complex. Firstly, your only
way you judged me was by calling me thick and stupid.
People have their own walk in life, you can't judge them by their education at all. And the measure of a person isn't anything to do with education. You are very aragont, and very judgemental, you are just a kid, and a very foolish one. You have no right to judge others. Give me your wisdom, lets see if you really have learned anything fool. If I am selfish, explain how I am. You have had very big issues with your dad, and feel rejected, and feel blamed, guilt ridden, and upset, with a bruised ego, you have an inferiority complex, so your best way was to go against how you felt guilt ridden by trying to make yourself feel superior and knowing the difference between right and wrong making you judgement and foolish at such a young age.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#553403 Oct 20, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. my goodness! Aren't you the intellect today, Dr. Orangelion ..
.. dictatorial mother? Don't think so. She was a stay-at-home Christian mom who had 11 children. Try another theory ..
<quoted text>
.. your 2nd diagnosis is also incorrect ..
.. serious questions:
1. What incited your anger?
2. Did that rant make you feel better?
3. If so, what did it accomplish?
4. Did it reflect on my character or your character?
5. Do you also stereotype people based on skin color or religion?
6. Do you think you're better than me because you follow a certain religion?
When did you decide to become a lesbian, why do you think you were gay? You have had personal problems and are a gay narcissistic fascist. You felt the need to prove women, almost as if you had a bruised ego, when I pissed off hidingfromyou. You obviously must have had issues with your self esteem when it came to your gender from someone.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553404 Oct 20, 2012
There's a difference between intelligence & wisdom.
Few people are blessed with both, orangelion...
Do unto others as you would want others to do unto you.
Live it.
Love it.
Know it.
All y'all

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#553405 Oct 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
OMG, Chris. You can't be serious.....
Yes, the Bible says that GOD created the earth in 6 days...
.ugh. It ALSO says that a day to man & a day to God are very different...
You're cherry picking to prove yourself & it's not working.
This is the kind of confusion that arises from believing the scriptures, and why I say that unbelievers can actually understand them better.

In the Old Testament a day is defined in more than one way, just as it is in the New Testament.

In part of the Old Testament, a day is a unit of brightness, not a unit of time. Day is synonymous with illumination, night with darkness, and they seem to exist at the same time side by side :

"God said,“Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.”- Genesis 1:3-5

By this reckoning, it is night in the refrigerator until I open it.

Reading a little further, we see that a day is something else, a unit of time containing both a period of light and one of darkness:

"And there was evening, and there was morning — the first day."

The length of time implied is vague, because there was no earth yet, and it's not clear where this morning or evening were occurring, so no way to tell how long they were.

Further yet, in Exodus 20:8, where the command to "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy" is found, it's clear that we are talking about an earth day now, but it's not clear how much of it is meant. It might be anything from about 12 hours - the period of illumination between consecutive times of darkness, which varies by season - up to 24 hours if you include a nighttime in the definition of a day. The bible is ambiguous here.

By the time we get to the New Testament and 2 Peter 3:8–9, we learn that sometimes, the author doesn't mean any amount of time at all, or any time at all:

"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day."

If one chooses to take these literally, then a day is either what we would call 365,224 days, or 1/365,224th of a day, or about 12/51sts of a second.

The reason an unbeliever can understand this better than a believer is that a believer has to reconcile all of this so that it is not contradictory.

Since you both need the bible to make sense, you need to throw some of that out - perhaps by calling it poetry or metaphor - and interpret the rest to make it consistent.

But because you have chosen to do that rectifying in different ways, you wind up arguing two different positions about how the bible defines a day.

But because I don't have to do that, I have a third position. A nonbeliever understands that these scriptures are vague in places, ambiguous in others, and self-contradictory when considered collectively. And that is clearly correct.

Hope that helps.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#553406 Oct 20, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop with the vanilla, Hiding.

You need to get tough with this dude.

OK, another gig today, back in eight hours or so.

Be good, everybody.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#553407 Oct 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
There's a difference between intelligence & wisdom.
Few people are blessed with both, orangelion...
Do unto others as you would want others to do unto you.
Live it.
Love it.
Know it.
All y'all
Wisdom is gained with age. You can't avoided getting wisdom, everybody
gains wisdom as they age, intelligence however is normally subjective.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553408 Oct 20, 2012
IANS, the account of Genesis simply says THAT God did it, but not HOW.
It also in no way suggests that a human day is equal to a day to God.
Peter 2:3-8 basically says that time to God is indeterminate.
"...-the first day" does NOT mean a 24 hour time

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553409 Oct 20, 2012
I disagree, orange.
People don't gain wisdom simply by getting older.
Wisdom is a deep understanding of things, people, situations, rationality, etc.
I've known plenty of old folks that are dumb as bricks...
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#553410 Oct 20, 2012
The stone that guarded the tomb of jesus was around 1 ton, and guarded. How could he have escaped without the angel/gods power, he must have resurrected in the same way it says in the bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Islam n Judaism 81,064
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 43 min hojo 701,839
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,877
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 2 hr Big Al 223,328
O.J. Nicole & MARCUS: Fatal Attraction 4 hr Doctor REALITY 9
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Sammy 448,429
should male cheerleaders wear cheerleading skir... (Mar '14) 5 hr Ryan 21