“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#552855 Oct 19, 2012
Rose Theodor wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing you posted had anything to do with what I posted. Why don't you try communicating,instead of letting us know you are angry.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/tj/v ...
Greater Than 98% Chimp/Human DNA Similarity? Not Any More.
A Common Evolutionary Argument Gets Reevaluated—By Evolutionists Themselves.
by David DeWitt on
April 1, 2003
Semi-technical
author-david-dewitt
dna
journal-of-creation
Featured In
A new report in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences suggests that the common value of >98% similarity of DNA between chimp and humans is incorrect.1 Roy Britten, author of the study, puts the figure at about 95% when insertions and deletions are included. Importantly, there is much more to these studies than people realize.
The >98.5% similarity has been misleading because it depends on what is being compared. There are a number of significant differences that are difficult to quantify. A review by Gagneux and Varki2 described a list of genetic differences between humans and the great apes. The differences include ‘cytogenetic differences, differences in the type and number of repetitive genomic DNA and transposable elements, abundance and distribution of endogenous retroviruses, the presence and extent of allelic polymorphisms, specific gene inactivation events, gene sequence differences, gene duplications, single nucleotide polymorphisms, gene expression differences, and messenger RNA splicing variations.’2
Oh give me a break! Transitional fossils? Pitures of ape skulls that LOOK like the human skull at the end. Again, you have nothing.
Claim CB144:

"For years, evolutionists have hailed the chimpanzee as "our closest living relative" and have pointed out that the DNA is 98 to 99 percent identical between the two. Scientists now say the difference is 4 percent, double what they have been claiming for years."
Source: DeWitt, David A. 2005. Chimp genome sequence very different from man. http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2005/0905...

RESPONSE:

"The difference between chimpanzees and humans due to single-nucleotide substitutions averages 1.23 percent, of which 1.06 percent or less is due to fixed divergence, and the rest being a result of polymorphism within chimp populations and within human populations. Insertion and deletion (indel) events account for another approximately 3 percent difference between chimp and human sequences, but each indel typically involves multiple nucleotides. The number of genetic changes from indels is a fraction of the number of single-nucleotide substitutions (roughly 5 million compared with roughly 35 million).

So describing humans and chimpanzees as 98 to 99 percent identical is entirely appropriate (Chimpanzee Sequencing 2005).

The difference measurement depends on what you are measuring. If you measure the number of proteins for which the entire protein is identical in the two species, humans and chimpanzees are 29 percent identical (Chimpanzee Sequencing 2005).

If you measure nonsynonymous base pair differences within protein coding regions, humans and chimps are 99.75 percent identical (Chimpanzee Sequencing 2005, fig. 9).

The original 98.4 percent estimate came from DNA hybridization experiments, which measured (indirectly, via DNA melting temperature) sequence difference among short segments of the genomes that are similar enough to hybridize but with repetitive elements removed (Sibley and Ahlquist 1987). Whatever measure is used, however, as long as the same measurement is used consistently, will show that humans are more closely related to chimpanzees (including the bonobo, sister species to the common chimpanzee) than to any other species."
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB144.h...

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#552856 Oct 19, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yer killing me.
;)
Not yet. That comes later.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#552857 Oct 19, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
1) You are half educated.
Physics won't be "destroyed" in a black hole.
Physics cannot be "destroyed"
We simply do not know exactly what happens yet inside a black hole.
We lack the technology to come up with meaningful experiments to formulate a quantum theory of gravity.
2) Time slows down the faster you move. I have shown the experiment confirming this. No need to expand on this point at all
It just goes to show how malleable time is.
http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2010...
"Confirmation of this effect supports the idea that gravity is a manifestation of space–time curvature because the flow of time is no longer constant throughout the universe but varies according to the distribution of massive bodies."

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#552858 Oct 19, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You have lots of socks, Chunky, so you think everyone does.
2. You're mentally f*cked up.
Have you considered the 22 cent solution?
I sure hope so :)
:)
:)
I have a lot of socks too cuz my feets get cold.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#552859 Oct 19, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again.
The two oldest known Bibles, Siniaticus and Vaticanus - both of the 4th C.
Citation please.
In other words - where did you get your information from?
A simple search of the internet would have revealed this as well.
You don't like to do research on things you post, huh?
Where have you got proof for that? You haven't heard any of these great men claim it. Besides, I got it from the book, the resurrection factor.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#552860 Oct 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, Chritine... Don't try to give me lessons of the Bible... It's not your forte.
2 Peter 3:8 - "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."
That does NOT say that 24 hours = 1,000 years. We get so caught up in finite way of doing things that we forget that God operates from a completely different viewpoint than we do.
Or as the Arabic and Ethiopic versions read, with whom a thousand years, and even eternity itself, is but as a day.
Don't fool yourself into such a literal interpretation. This is not a mathematical formula that you can calculate. God knew this long before higher mathematics were created.
No not a mathematical formula, it was what your god was claimed to have proclaimed 4000 years before Peter had second thoughts. Hindsight is a wonderful thing is it not?

Baby, I use literalism, interpretation and selectivity as to which parts of the babble best suite you are your forte.

So let me ask, what did your god mean when he dictated the commandment?

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Did he mean that people should work for 6000 years and rest for 1000 years? Did he mean that the Sabbath would be 1000 years long or 24 hours long?

I don’t actually consider that 6 days were 1000 yeas long and one day was 24 hours long and your god seem to think it was a 24 hour day however you are welcome to follow the words of the lapdog rather then the master.

So who do you believe? The god who you worship or peter who you don’t.

This is an either or question, you can’t have it both ways.

Oh and BTW, when did you start understanding what god knew?
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#552861 Oct 19, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again.
The two oldest known Bibles, Siniaticus and Vaticanus - both of the 4th C.
Citation please.
In other words - where did you get your information from?
A simple search of the internet would have revealed this as well.
You don't like to do research on things you post, huh?
C doesn't exist in date and time, an internet search didn't even seem to have mentioned the existence of C as a date, do you mean BC, before christ? The bible was written far before BC, it was written during allajahs day and before.
Nobody

Dallas, TX

#552862 Oct 19, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Claim CB144:
"For years, evolutionists have hailed the chimpanzee as "our closest living relative" and have pointed out that the DNA is 98 to 99 percent identical between the two. Scientists now say the difference is 4 percent, double what they have been claiming for years."
Source: DeWitt, David A. 2005. Chimp genome sequence very different from man. http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2005/0905...
RESPONSE:
"The difference between chimpanzees and humans due to single-nucleotide substitutions averages 1.23 percent, of which 1.06 percent or less is due to fixed divergence, and the rest being a result of polymorphism within chimp populations and within human populations. Insertion and deletion (indel) events account for another approximately 3 percent difference between chimp and human sequences, but each indel typically involves multiple nucleotides. The number of genetic changes from indels is a fraction of the number of single-nucleotide substitutions (roughly 5 million compared with roughly 35 million).
So describing humans and chimpanzees as 98 to 99 percent identical is entirely appropriate (Chimpanzee Sequencing 2005).
The difference measurement depends on what you are measuring. If you measure the number of proteins for which the entire protein is identical in the two species, humans and chimpanzees are 29 percent identical (Chimpanzee Sequencing 2005).
If you measure nonsynonymous base pair differences within protein coding regions, humans and chimps are 99.75 percent identical (Chimpanzee Sequencing 2005, fig. 9).
The original 98.4 percent estimate came from DNA hybridization experiments, which measured (indirectly, via DNA melting temperature) sequence difference among short segments of the genomes that are similar enough to hybridize but with repetitive elements removed (Sibley and Ahlquist 1987). Whatever measure is used, however, as long as the same measurement is used consistently, will show that humans are more closely related to chimpanzees (including the bonobo, sister species to the common chimpanzee) than to any other species."
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB144.h...
You know scar all these things you say is what man has done to itself, GOD did not do these things you say. God made all things including you. Why do you think its by faith you will be saved? Because you are clueless of the why. Just because our science sees what they see means that GOD has done his job perfect.
rogerThat

AOL

#552863 Oct 19, 2012

America FOREWARNINGS 2013, 2014 -----#----

&li st=UU8Qo18rshzw6bdvE-X2Hc0Q &index=1&feature=plcp

Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#552864 Oct 19, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Genetics doesn't "know" anything. It's not sentient. Why would you imagine that it is? Oh, right, because you require anthropomorphic creators for your simple understanding of reality.
2. Genetics still doesn't "know" anything.
Genes change because they are weakly bonded molecules. When they are replicated for meiosis, any number of copying errors can happen. These shuffle key elements around and sometimes form new genes, turn off genes, turn on old genes, produce new material that can be mutated, change the length of a gene thereby changing the protein it produces, alter the controller genes and therefore the onset and duration of developmental window periods for any given trait.
DNA is also subject to mutagens. These include, environmental chemicals, plant and fungal toxins, viral, bacterial and pathogen insertion events, and radiation.
Bacteria can "transplant" genes from one organism to another - and they don't have to be the same species.
DNA is dynamic. It's mutates a little each generation. Sometimes the rate of mutation increases, sometimes it decreases. Some species have greater numbers of enzymes that repair DNA than others. Some species do not repair parts of their DNA as a strategy to defeat other species' immune systems (HIV does this).
There's nothing sentient about DNA or mutation. These are simply ongoing processes - and you can learn about them should you so desire. It's endlessly fascinating stuff, much more compelling than the grossly, willfully ignorant "god did it" non-explanation.
1-You said DNA can "know" what is in the enviroment, it cna sense what is around it.
2-How do copying errors happen? The right sperm fits the right egg, and the right DNA is copied. DNA is inherited from half the mother, half the father, new genes are created from old genes. How does the bond being weak actually mix around the genes? Genes are meant to mix around during meiosis, only during meiosis, and they only mix with past and current generations, and none of those generations have fish tales and monkeys legs in them. And mutagens happen during genetical engineering only, I have never once had my genes changed because of any substance, I haven't grown any wings yet. And how do you know genes can transpant? I have never seen it happen to any creaters. When a cat tries to catch a bird, the bird never grew whiskers, or the cat grow a beak. HIV is a disease. How can DNA get exchanged across species? How come in thousands of years we have never seen any species take on a slight look on another species, never?

#552865 Oct 19, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah- that's like saying the harmony of fact and fiction.
Or the harmony of peace and war.
Or the harmony of good and bad.
Not much harmony to be found between that which is opposite....
Geesh!
This is true. I have been on many a topix thread where I have argued against the restriction of education on religious grounds. I have in the past argued with RR regarding the syllabus of the school he sends his children to. It turned out that he did not vote anyway and so has no say in the matter. There are so many christians (and other faiths), particularly the funnymentalist element who would limit education to what is written in their holy book.

Can you imaging the cell phone or the Nasa Mars missions or the MRI scanner happening if education were restricted to bronze age learning?
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#552866 Oct 19, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Orangelion seems to think that one year of life equals one IQ point. Well, I'm sure that's true in his case, but...
You gain intelligence and knowledge and your brain adapts new problem solving with age, the brain adapts easily even during old age. And a year can make a difference, different things can happen at different times, and in a year, someones brain might have adapted to new functions and ideas quickly improving his intelligence a lot.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#552867 Oct 19, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Orangelion seems to think that one year of life equals one IQ point. Well, I'm sure that's true in his case, but...
Besides, I thought you meant 30 years old, not 30 IQ, if your IQ is 30, its crap anyway LOL.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#552868 Oct 19, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Somewhere off to the left.
<quoted text>
Same place, more or less.
<quoted text>
Nutrons and protens make up the atem, not the atom. Get your facts straight.
<quoted text>
"TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth; 5
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same, 10
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back. 15
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
<quoted text>
Gosh, that's deep.
What gave you proof of the direction of the atoms? An atom is symetrical, and there is nothing saying, don't go in this direction atom. Every direction at the start would be set to 1 in possiblities, not 0. I said hydrogen only has one pair of each, nutron, electron, and proton. One proton, one nutron, and one electron can only create on atom, not billions, that is what I meant, and it was obvious.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#552869 Oct 19, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
Or is it that some trolls are the biggest kids?
Prolly both ...heheheh
Young 14 year old hiding disappeared for a while, she won't last long though lol. She will be finished with soon.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#552870 Oct 19, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha, those posters above couldn't argue against a small child. Most children write better, too.
I wasn't sure it was the same loser - thanks for pointing that out. Added to my ignore list.
Don't forget Silent Assclown and the creeeeeeepiest of all. Daddys Home.

#552871 Oct 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Works for me.
Worked for Isaac Newton...
Why can't it work for you?
We know it works for you, that is obvious form your posts, however you are not the point. Why should my children or anyone else be restricted by bronze age mores and the will to protect an outdated faith at the cost of progress?

350 years ago there was not a lot of choice. Have you ever looked at the syllabus that Isaac Newton had to follow?

You brought up Newton, so how about 10 years before his birth the church placed Galileo under house arrest for heresy in proving the world was not the centre of creation.

Tell me do you think the educated scientists who designed and built the LHC spent 12 hours a day in religious study and Latin lessons (Newton’s sylabus)? Or perhaps they spent their time more productively studying the subject in which they wanted to work.

Location hidden

#552872 Oct 19, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yer killing me.
;)
Really?

Location hidden

#552874 Oct 19, 2012
Tim Shields wrote:
<quoted text>Did you get banned again?
Did you get boned again?

Location hidden

#552875 Oct 19, 2012
Tim Shields wrote:
<quoted text>
How do I can on that ignore list.
What?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Oxbow 559,377
Our God Is The Mighty Creator Of All Things! 4 min Bammybuster 4
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 6 min royal kannadiga 1,263
skype sex id luv to try it (Aug '13) 7 min NinaEnan0 80
Scientific proof for God's existence 11 min lightbeamrider 9
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min NEWS-FLASH 175,606
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 20 min WasteWater 5,712
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min WasteWater 265,098
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Seraphima 604,967
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web