Prove there's a god.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#552274 Oct 18, 2012
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
It's all about Faith. Faith is belief in something unseen. There is definitely something greater than I, than all of us. I am accustomed to call "it" God. It can be called Allah, Buddha, God, Jesus, Spirit,etc. There are many pathways to God just like there are many psthways to get to your local supermarket. I am not religious but I was raised that way. I am spiritual. Religion is for people who don't wanna go to hell; spirituality is for people that have already been there. I can not sit here and prove there is a God. I can give you examples of how God worked miracles in my life but what would that do? It still wouldn't "prove" God's existence. Again, I say Faith. To try to prove there is a God is like trying to nail cooked jello to a tree. I rely solely on my Faith and my experience.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#552275 Oct 18, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus wasn't a deer.
Yeah, but that before we found the mysterious code.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#552276 Oct 18, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Good eye.
Certainly

http://www.google.co.za/imgres...

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#552277 Oct 18, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
What made our universe in the beggining of expansion? Where did the matter come from that expanded? Where did that matter come from that made that matter and so on? The causes can't go on for ever. And what matter expanded?
I don’t know, no one does but science is working on it, one thing for sure though, no god did it

The matter came from energy

That matter came from energy too

All matter comes from energy

Yes they can go on and on, universe inside universe inside universe. The is no physical or scientific reason why not. Just because you cannot comprehend so not make it so

The matter that is existent in this universe

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#552278 Oct 18, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
QUANITY IS NOT QUALLITY WHEN IT COMES TO THE CHILDREN OF GOD.
fact is the bible tells us that in the latter days there WILL be a 'falling away' before the return of Christ.
the scriptures also tell us not everyone will come to the faith and truth of GOD.
so what you might want to address here is that everything that is occuring is right in line with GOD'S plan and will.
That’s a new one, previously chrustards have always been in denial that christianity is declining, well done for taking a stand and admitting the fact that christianity is on the way out,

You are welcome to stand on you own, don’t get too lonely

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#552279 Oct 18, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
There are very few "athitards" there are many more creatards. A creatard is a creationist who has looked at all of the evidence for evolution and still denies it or is one that refuses to look at the evidence in the first place. There is no such thing as an honest informed creationist. To fully learn the evidence for evolution you need to take some serious college level classes. It is not going to happen in one night on the internet.
Bullshit. There are plenty of athitards here. It seems more than creatardsm anyway.
Orangelion

Chester, UK

#552280 Oct 18, 2012
How did the enerrgy turn into matter? And if you don't know, and can't answer it, then you might as well leave anyway LOL. And how did they figure this out?
Orangelion

Chester, UK

#552281 Oct 18, 2012
And you can't comprehend God either, but he exists too, say that for him too.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552282 Oct 18, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The latest findings in evolution are crazy insane. It turns out that DNA can change depending on environmental cues. By change, I mean that it can learn about the current environment and pass that information on to subsequent generations. This is called "epigenetics" and it comes very close to Lamarckian evolution, though it's not.
Epigenetic coding is still based in natural selection, though, but it takes a fair bit of math to understand that.
5 years ago, when I just started my program, when I was just a wwweeeeeee lass, I got into an argument with my prof over epigenetics. I explained to him how they work and he laughed at me, then made fun of me in front of the class. Only now, I'm right! woohooo!).
DNA is amazing. And you think it's caused by random?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552283 Oct 18, 2012
Passing Through wrote:
Nor is the country a theocracy nor does it have a state religion; rather, it's a nation of secular laws that has a predominantly religious population.
True. So, one could say that America is a mostly religious country.

With non-religious laws.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552284 Oct 18, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Every single fossil in our lineage is a transition fossil.
How do you know? Is it all based on craniodental "evidence" or hypotheses?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552285 Oct 18, 2012
Mr Lazlo wrote:
Hey everyone, who wants Chinese?
She better be blonde!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552286 Oct 18, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! In yo' face, RR + Aura!
What state were you in at college? That kind of religious 'attacking' is not the norm in most parts of the country.

-wait-

what did you put in our faces?

(.Y.)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552287 Oct 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you!
That is our point the entire time!
Yes, there may very well be a god. He may be yours. Or he may be Odin, Ra, Spinoza or Diana. I don't know.
However, if there IS a god, he created the universe by means of the Big Bang. If there is a god, he created advanced organisms by means of evolution.
No one is hassling your god belief - some of the best scientists and engineers I know are Christians, but they do know where do draw the line between science and religion.
Let's get back to that contentious issue, Genesis 1. It was never intended to be taken literally. It was more a form of poetry than anything else.
Evolution does not harm your religion, please see that
I know that evolution doesn't harm my religion - except when radical try to use it to 'disprove' God and when fundies make us all look stupid when they simply beat their bibles & say all scientists are wrong.......'because'.

You can't say that "if there IS a god, he created the universe by means of the Big Bang" because you don't know that. BBT is nothing more than a damned guess. Nobody knows if it's even real.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552288 Oct 18, 2012
Rose Theodor wrote:
<quoted text>The dust and rib account are literal and biologically and chemically proven. Everything that we eat and consume comes from the earth and water. The fact that we have woMAN tells us that woman came from man plus the chromosomes of xy and how women and men are made taking a part from man and a part from woman should be further evidence.
That's silly...

You're saying that because of the word, "woMAN", that 'proves' it?

It's a word, hun. Just a word.

In Spanish,'man' is hombre & 'woman' is mujer, so.....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#552289 Oct 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Some of you preach evolution like you know. For sure. Without a doubt.... But you don't know. You assume the people that are researching it are right...

You say: "Evolution gave man a conscience and a proclivity to doubt and reason."

I say: "God, through evolution, gave man a conscience and a proclivity to doubt and reason."
How is that better? Why are you criticizing my usage, then doing it yourself? Can we assume that you preach Jesus "like you know"?

BTW, my comment is contained in yours, but the reverse is not true, meaning that you agree with my comment as written.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552290 Oct 18, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then who was driving?!?
Jesus.

&t= 59s

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552291 Oct 18, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're totally right about the beer!!!
Long live English Ale!!!
rong rive Engrish are!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552292 Oct 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
On the whole, I prefer European Lager, but English bitter is damned good
Budweiser

Because
U
Deserve
What
Every
Individual
Should
Enjoy
Regularly

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552293 Oct 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
On the whole, I prefer European Lager, but English bitter is damned good
On the hole?

You put beer on the hole?

Interesting tactic.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 599,764
The Christian Atheist debate 14 min HipGnosis 2,006
White Lives MATTER 20 min Johnny 112
Who's the best fighter: Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee,... (Jan '08) 52 min Ernest Wan 525
Poll Rush Limbaugh Show Turns 27 1 hr Here Kitty Kitty 0
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 6,474
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Truths 612,908
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr WasteWater 272,417
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 hr sangili karuppan 7,502
More from around the web