|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

@ RiversideRedneck:

"Who is? Certainly not me."
/// The posting I made was directed as a rebuttal to "yellodog" ///

"It's not mandatory. You don't have to if you chose not to. What pisses us off is that some atheists want it removed altogether."
/// I know it is not mandatory just as the Oath of Enlistment in the military is not mandatory to swear to "god" either. I do think it is an outdated gesture since I am of the belief that if someone is going to give testimony in a court of law, swearing to tell the truth is not going to make their testimony any different. They will either tell the truth or lie, with or without swearing to their "god" or higher power. What prevents many from lying (IMO) is the threat of punishment from committing perjury, not the worry of going to "hell".///

"ok, we'll just indoctrinate them on the guesses of evolution, would that be better?"
/// Well yea, the scientific and logical theories of evolution is what should be taught. Something that can be proven and is proven more and more on a daily basis. And that is not indoctrination, it is the teaching of science, the educating of our youth of the world around them and of what we physically know and can prove how it happened. Sure you can say that "god" made that leaf but we know better through science on how exactly that leaf was created. Obviously it is not perfect and we do not have all of the answers and may never have all of the answers but those that we do provide much more insight into how the world works than a book saying "god said so"...IMO. I am not saying that religion or "god" should be outlawed but making it mandatory to be taught in a public school is wrong.///
Nobody

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

I still see no-one here knows what love is.
Orangelion

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The 19 who flew airplanes into buildings did it believing god would reward them.
YOUR god, believe it or not.
No, the muslim Allah, this is your atheistic propaganda, it is islamic extremists that hold that belief.

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain to me how sexual attraction works if you do happen to know, go on.
I don't and I don't have the inclination to do that research. However it is you that initiated the bold statement that same sex attraction is not emotionally driven (i.e. based on perversion) so in essence I was calling you out to prove what you say. When you provide your proof I will then find the time to prove that you are wrong instead of just telling you what most logically thinking people already know.

Have a great day!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not too bright, huh?
OCB says ALL THE TIME that the founding fathers were NOT religious. SHe posts quotes all the time, trying to "prove" it.
Like I told her, it's probably hard for a hand-out loving, left-wing liberal to understand this, but...
The government is NOT the country...
Our government was founded as a secular government. By religious people. To promote the freedom of religion. So the government could never tell the country what rilgion, if any, to follow...
Again:
Why do you lie? My emphasis has NEVER been that the founding fathers were not religious as whether or not they were has NOTHING to do with the FACT that the USA was FOUNDED as a SECULAR nation, is STILL a SECULAR nation and will always remain a SECULAR nation.

I guess you don't know the meaning of "secular" for I am not arguing that our country was founded as a SECULAR country to promote not only freedom OF religion, but freedom FROM religion- it does not matter if the founding fathers were religious or not although there is PLENTY out there which indicates they were NOT religious, but anyway, since yous state the government is NOT the country, what difference does it make if our founding GOVERNMENT was made up of religious people or not?

So....in trying to prove whatever you were with this post of yours, you seem to have outwitted yourself by unknowingly contradicting yourself.

And it is NOT that our GOVERNMENT was founded as a secular government and all the more if as you say it was founded by religious men; it IS that our NATION was founded as what it still is today- a SECULAR nation- and which it always will be.

You don't like that, RR? TOUGH. Move to a theocracy- you might find IRAN to your liking.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not too bright, huh?
OCB says ALL THE TIME that the founding fathers were NOT religious. SHe posts quotes all the time, trying to "prove" it.
Like I told her, it's probably hard for a hand-out loving, left-wing liberal to understand this, but...
Our government was founded as a secular government. By religious people. To promote the freedom of religion. So the government could never tell the country what rilgion, if any, to follow...
Again:
And what I have said about the founding fathers is that most of them were DEISTS and NOT Christians. And that is FACT.

I never said they were not "religious". But they did NOT use whatever religious beliefs they may have had to establish the USA as what it IS- a 100% secular nation.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

USN Atheist wrote:
The posting I made was directed as a rebuttal to "yellodog"
Gotcha.
I know it is not mandatory just as the Oath of Enlistment in the military is not mandatory to swear to "god" either. I do think it is an outdated gesture

Outdated? 75% of America would disagree with you.
since I am of the belief that if someone is going to give testimony in a court of law, swearing to tell the truth is not going to make their testimony any different. They will either tell the truth or lie, with or without swearing to their "god" or higher power. What prevents many from lying (IMO) is the threat of punishment from committing perjury, not the worry of going to "hell".
Touche
Well yea, the scientific and logical theories of evolution is what should be taught. Something that can be proven and is proven more and more on a daily basis. And that is not indoctrination, it is the teaching of science, the educating of our youth of the world around them and of what we physically know and can prove how it happened. Sure you can say that "god" made that leaf but we know better through science on how exactly that leaf was created. Obviously it is not perfect and we do not have all of the answers and may never have all of the answers but those that we do provide much more insight into how the world works than a book saying "god said so"...IMO. I am not saying that religion or "god" should be outlawed but making it mandatory to be taught in a public school is wrong.
It is a form of indoctrination. Stupid school teachers preaching to kids about something the teacher doesn't understand. "But some smart people said so & it makes more sense than goddidit works for me."

The fact that organisms evolve is proven. HOW the evolution of life on Earth evolved is far from proven. It's filled with assumptions & guesses. It's not good science.

How could a 'bird of paradise'(strelitzia), spontaneously evolve itself to look like bird to attract other birds for pollenation?

How did homosapiens decide to keep their eyebrows for a little shade?

How did cats "evolve" their retracting claws when dogs didn't?

Why would some fish "evolve" stingers & poison to ward off carnivores but most didn't?

How could a stonefish know how to evolve to look like a rock?

There are soooo many unanswered, logical questions, to say that we "know" how it all went down.
Orangelion

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't and I don't have the inclination to do that research. However it is you that initiated the bold statement that same sex attraction is not emotionally driven (i.e. based on perversion) so in essence I was calling you out to prove what you say. When you provide your proof I will then find the time to prove that you are wrong instead of just telling you what most logically thinking people already know.
Have a great day!
Then do it to prove me wrong then, that doesn't sound like the statement of someone with a degree enthuisistically researching. Sexual attraction is brought up with hormones, not emotions, they may be triggered or stimulated, but they are still hormones, everybody knows it.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Funny that USN mentioned doctors promoting cigarettes....
What else would they do? Back then, science "knew" cigarettes were good for ya...
And almost everybody smoked.
Ya see? Science makes HUGE mistakes all the time...
And fixes them as soon as they're discovered.

Looked at your bible lately?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you lie? My emphasis has NEVER been that the founding fathers were not religious as whether or not they were has NOTHING to do with the FACT that the USA was FOUNDED as a SECULAR nation, is STILL a SECULAR nation and will always remain a SECULAR nation.
I guess you don't know the meaning of "secular" for I am not arguing that our country was founded as a SECULAR country to promote not only freedom OF religion, but freedom FROM religion- it does not matter if the founding fathers were religious or not although there is PLENTY out there which indicates they were NOT religious, but anyway, since yous state the government is NOT the country, what difference does it make if our founding GOVERNMENT was made up of religious people or not?
So....in trying to prove whatever you were with this post of yours, you seem to have outwitted yourself by unknowingly contradicting yourself.
And it is NOT that our GOVERNMENT was founded as a secular government and all the more if as you say it was founded by religious men; it IS that our NATION was founded as what it still is today- a SECULAR nation- and which it always will be.
You don't like that, RR? TOUGH. Move to a theocracy- you might find IRAN to your liking.
1. You're a huge liar. You've always tried saying the our founding fathers were NOT religious. You just did a few hours ago in post #551922...

2. Since you apparently don't fully understand the meaning of secular:

sec·u·lar/
Adjective:
Denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis

-America was founded on religion & religious laws. By religious men. To say that America was founded with "no religious or spiritual basis" is f_cking ignorant. You don't have to like it, but you should acknowledge it.

3. Again. Our GOVERNMENT was founded under a religious-less law so we could have freedom of religion & the government can't do shit about it.
-Our government is without religion... The people & the country are very religious.

4. Iran sounds like a nice place for you. Except you won't be able to spew your hatred of your new country...
...or show your face
...or vote
...or choose your own destiny

...starting to like America better?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And what I have said about the founding fathers is that most of them were DEISTS and NOT Christians. And that is FACT.
It's a "fact" to you because you're a Deist...

It's a fact to no one else, though.

Strange, huh?

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Funny that USN mentioned doctors promoting cigarettes....
What else would they do? Back then, science "knew" cigarettes were good for ya...
And almost everybody smoked.
Ya see? Science makes HUGE mistakes all the time...
Even then it was known that smoking was bad for you. Certain doctors were willing to sell out. You still see that today in different ways. If you want to show science making a huge mistake you have to do better than that. That was not a case of science making a mistake.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You're a huge liar. You've always tried saying the our founding fathers were NOT religious. You just did a few hours ago in post #551922...
2. Since you apparently don't fully understand the meaning of secular:
sec·u·lar/
Adjective:
Denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis
-America was founded on religion & religious laws. By religious men. To say that America was founded with "no religious or spiritual basis" is f_cking ignorant. You don't have to like it, but you should acknowledge it.
3. Again. Our GOVERNMENT was founded under a religious-less law so we could have freedom of religion & the government can't do shit about it.
-Our government is without religion... The people & the country are very religious.
4. Iran sounds like a nice place for you. Except you won't be able to spew your hatred of your new country...
...or show your face
...or vote
...or choose your own destiny
...starting to like America better?
YOU are the liar or a fool or both.

The USA was NOT founded on religion or on religious "laws".

You don't have to like it, but you should acknowledge it.

It even states that right in our first amendment to the Constitution.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,"

No establishment of religion since the nation was not founded on religion.

And it was NOT only founded on freedom OF religion, but on freedom FROM religion as well- a FACT I know just chaps your butt.

I LOVE the USA- it is YOU who does not. You're a traitor to your own country yet you don't possess the intelligence to realize that.

More's the pity for YOU, RR.

Sorry for your luck.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And fixes them as soon as they're discovered.
Looked at your bible lately?
Ya right.

How long did it take with smoking? Millions still do.

It's STILL going on...

Yes, I look at my Bible a lot. It don't change.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, as Darth Vader said.. "All too easy..."
from wikipedia:
"Construction theories"
"Many alternative, often contradictory, theories have been proposed regarding the pyramid's construction techniques."
"John Romer suggests that they used the same method that had been used for earlier and later constructions"
"A construction management study (testing) carried out by the firm Daniel, Mann, Johnson, & Mendenhall in association with Mark Lehner and other Egyptologists, estimates that the total project required an average workforce of 14,567 people and a peak workforce of 40,000. Without the use of pulleys, wheels, or iron tools, they used critical path analysis to suggest the Great Pyramid was completed from start to finish in approximately 10 years."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pyramid_of_Giza
Section 2.2
Now shut the f_ck up about it
Very good. Now try to prove that the first person being created from dust followed by the second person being created from a rib of the first person is anything BUT assumption.

And sorry, bub- the BIBLE does not count as any kind of PROOF of anything- other than that there IS a sucker born every minute, sucker.

So go ahead- provide a source that tells us the whole dust/rib thing is indisputable and proven/provable FACT.

If you can't- and I KNOW that you can't- then shut the f_ck up about it.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
most i know have caused rifts in their families; similar to self-centered drug abusers.
together, they can't naturaly procreate so to imply that their a 'family' isn't all that true. roomates with benefits or even a 'couple', maybe...
just say'n, not hate'n;)
No- you are hating......and all your little winky smiley faces don't hide that fact.

Gee- funny- I know several homosexuals who get along GREAT with their families. Of course, their families are not Christian bigots and homophobes.....

And of course, there are THOUSANDS of gay people who have children.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Even then it was known that smoking was bad for you. Certain doctors were willing to sell out. You still see that today in different ways. If you want to show science making a huge mistake you have to do better than that. That was not a case of science making a mistake.
Not in the 1920's or 30's. They said smoking caused very few health problems & it was a "case by case" basis...

It wasn't until 1964 before cigarette companies had to put warning labels on their products.

So that mistake went on for a few hundred years...

No biggie, right?

Kinda reminds me of "scientists" promoting bacon as a healthy breakfast.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
gays live their lives around their sexual orientation like gluttons live for food. wow - what an interesting & 'special' emphasis on life.....
Is that so?

Is that what you would say about or to any of these gay people?

Sappho (600 B.C.) Greek Poetess

Socrates (470-399 B.C.) Greek Teacher and Philosopher

Plato (427-347 B.C.) Greek Teacher and Philosopher

Alexander The Great (356-323 B.C.) Macedonian King and Military Leader

Richard the Lion Hearted (1157-1199) English King and Crusader

Edward II (1254-1327) English King

Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519) Italian Renaissance Artist, Teacher, Scientist and Inventor

Michelangelo (1475-1564) Italian Renaissance Artist and Sculptor

Montezuma II (1480-1520) Aztec Emperor

Julius III (1487-1555) Catholic Pope

Ieyasu Tokugawa (1542-1616) Japanese Shogun and founder of the Edo Shogunate

Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626) British Statesman and Writer

Christopher Marlowe (1564-1593) English dramatist and poet

Christina (1626-1689) Swedish Queen

Peter the Great (1672-1725) Russian Czar (pictured at left)

Frederick the Great (1712-1786) Prussian King and Military Leader

Madame de Stael (1766-1817) French Writer and Intellectual

Lord Byron (1788-1824) British Poet

Hans Christian Andersen (1805-1875) Danish Poet and Writer

Margaret Fuller (1810-1850) Euro-American Writer and Journalist

Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862) Euro-American Philosopher, Naturalist, and Peace Activist

Walt Whitman (1819-1892) Euro-American Poet

Herman Melville (1819-1891) Euro-American Writer

Chief Crazy Horse (Tashunca witco)(1849-1877) Oglala Sioux Chief

Peter I. Tchaikovsky (1840-1893) Russian Composer (pictured at right)

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900) Irish Writer and Dramatist

Dame Ethel Smyth (1858-1944) British Composer, Writer, and Activist

Marcel Proust (1871-1922) French Writer

Sergei Diaghileff (1872-1929) Russian Ballet Impresario

Vita Sackville-West (1892-1962) British Writer

Vaslav Nijinsky (1890-1950) Russian Ballet Dancer

Edward Carpenter (1844-1929) British Author and Gay Rights Pioneer

Willa Cather (1873-1947) Euro-American Writer and Critic

W. Somerset Maugham (1874-1965) British Writer and Dramatist

Bessie Smith (1894-1937) African-American Blues Singer and Entertainer

E.M. Forster (1879-1970) British Writer

Virginia Woolf (1882-1941) British Writer and Publisher

T.E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia)(1888-1935) British Soldier

Jean Cocteau (1889-1963) French Writer and Filmmaker

John Maynard Keynes (1883-1946) British Economist and Nobel Prize Winner

Cole Porter (1893-1964) Euro-American Composer

Bayard Rustin (1910-87) African-American Civil Rights, Labor Rights, & Peace Activist/Leader

Alan Turing (1912-1954) British Mathematician and Computer Scientist

James Baldwin (1924-1987) African-American Writer and Civil Rights Activist

Truman Capote (1924-1984) Euro-American Author

Tennessee Williams (1914-1983) Euro-American Dramatist

Marguerite Yourcenar (1903-1987) Belgian-American Writer

Federico Garcia Lorca (1894-1936) Spanish Poet and Dramatist

Christopher Isherwood (1904-1986) British Author

W.H. Auden (1907-1973) British Poet and Writer

Audre Lorde (1934-1992) African-American Writer and Activist

Billie Jean King (1943 -) Euro-American Tennis Champion and Activist

Martina Navratilova (1956-) Czechoslovakian-American Tennis Champion and Activist

Andy Warhol (1930-1987) Euro-American Pop Artist

Frieda Kahlo (1907-1954) Mexican Artist and Activist

Rudolf Nureyev (1938-1993) Russian dancer The Rudolf Nureyev Foundation

Elton John (1947 -) British Singer/songwriter/musican

Janis Ian (1951 -) Euro-American Singer/songwriter/musician

Ellen Degeneres (1958 -) Euro-American Comedian/actor

Melissa Etheridge (1961 -)

k. d. lang (1961 -) Canadian Singer/songwriter

Each one of the above knew/know more about life than I am sure you could ever begin to.

http://main.uab.edu/Sites/students/life/safe-...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, it is just a matter of time. I am going to be voting for it this fall. Does your 8 states included Washington State? It was passed by the legislature but it is now under referendum which means the people have the final say so.
Yes- Washington is one of those states...

As of May 10, 2012, gay marriage has been legalized in the following eight states: Massachusetts (May 17, 2004), Connecticut (Nov. 12, 2008), Iowa (Apr. 24. 2009), Vermont (Sep. 1, 2009), New Hampshire (Jan. 1, 2010), New York (June 24, 2011), Washington (passed Feb. 14, 2012; effective June 7, 2012), Maryland (passed Mar. 1, 2012; effective Jan. 1, 2013) and the District of Columbia (Mar. 3, 2010).[1] 31 states have constitutional amendments banning gay marriage.[25]

http://gaymarriage.procon.org/

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in the 1920's or 30's. They said smoking caused very few health problems & it was a "case by case" basis...
It wasn't until 1964 before cigarette companies had to put warning labels on their products.
So that mistake went on for a few hundred years...
No biggie, right?
Kinda reminds me of "scientists" promoting bacon as a healthy breakfast.
Yet the majority of scientists- as in at least 99%- don't claim they are wrong about evolution......if anything, the evidence that evolution IS fact grows and gets stronger with each passing day.

But no, RR- you cling to your BELIEF that it is FACT about the whole dust/rib business and even despite that you can't produce a single source other than the bible to make the claim that this is anything BUT assumption- and a totally ASININE one at that.

TONS of evidence to support that evolution is fact while not one SCRAP of evidence to support the whole dust/rib nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

404 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 min shyam 4,529
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Michael 532,450
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 14 min seriously the original 5,214
Nanci Jo Frazer WINS in Court - a Case of Innoc... (Oct '13) 21 min Local Person 20
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 30 min Epiphany2 599,049
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min Porkpie Hat 256,397
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 224,026
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Clearwater 172,271
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 14 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••