Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#552409 Oct 18, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I am LITERALLY laughing out loud at the "Holy shitballs"!!!
I'm gonna remember that one!! And yes- LITERALLY laughing out loud!
And hey- I do think we have agreed on one or two other things over the past months......
:-)
Maybe two......maybe

I think it was Mel Brooks that coined that phrase :)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#552410 Oct 18, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is it written in the constitution that you have a religious nation?
Nowhere- because we don't.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552411 Oct 18, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not on christianity but there certainly are rules
Not sure if it’s 10 or 67 are 613
I like number 9 or was it 8
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Oh yes and number 4 or 3
For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it
Days to the sabbath is 24 hours but the rest are, in hindsight 1000 years.
No, silly goose we were talking about American religious laws... Not Christian laws.

And you're wrong. 24 hours does NOT equal 1,000 years... Is that where you get your 6,000 year figure?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#552412 Oct 18, 2012
mimi57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I'm too young to remember the Hillbillies. LOL.. You must live in a pretty fancy neighborhood.I'll have to visit and bring all
my dogs, and the rest of the clan. I bet you'd love that, I have an old VW bus, I'll just load it all up and move to Beverly Hills.
Make sure I have a nice room and plenty of GOOD wine.. lmbo
I have lots of room, the Pacific Ocean, great weather, fine wines, and a very friendly 13-year-old rott/lab. I will heartily welcome you and the dogs, so long as everybody is bathed.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#552414 Oct 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but I said that to be a pig, not for any kind of "evidence"..,

Why would you think the bible is meant to be taken literally?

So when it says that God sitteth upon the circle of the earth, that's literal? How?
Ask your literalist brethren.

(This could be fun to watch)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552415 Oct 18, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is it written in the constitution that you have a religious nation?
It doesn't. Nor does it say the goverment is secular.

Please note: There is a difference between "goverment" and "nation".

The U.S. government is NOT the U.S.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#552416 Oct 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, energy.
However, if you say it's verifiable that appr 13.7 billion years ago, there was nothing in the universe but energy, and hydrogen was created from that energy via gravity......
Where'd the gravity come from?
Things that have mass have gravity.

Make a hydrogen atom you get a tiny amount of gravity, make a billion billion hydrogen atoms your get a billion billion times as much gravity

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#552417 Oct 18, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>What's disturbing was your use of the word "touched." And "darlin."

Why do you think that you can know something about gods that I cannot? Do you have some special sense or other mental faculty that unbelievers lack? Or do you think that our god hides from some of us? I'm sure the blame will fall on me, but how? I've felt the touch of the sun and the wind without even trying, so why didn't I feel the touch of our god even after years of earnestly searching?
RR meant touched as in "tetched in the hay-ed".

Bless his heart.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552418 Oct 18, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- we have a secular nation as set forth by our government.
I will again use the following analogy: You claim we have a religious nation because the percentage of those who are religious is greater than those who are not.
Okay.....here comes the analogy: Are you going to claim we have a WHITE nation because the percentage of those who are white is greater than those who are not?
Of course not- at least I HOPE not! So.....we no more have a religious nation than we have a white nation.
The USA is not a religious nation- it is SECULAR. That more people than not profess to be of a religion does not make ours a religious nation and all the more when one considers that MANY who claim to be of one religion or another do not PRACTICE their religion.
We've discussed this before- being OF a religion and PRACTICING that religion are two separate things.
I can tell you I am Jewish- because I AM- but I am also a non-practicing Jew. That does not take away from the fact that I am Jewish and was born INTO the religion of Judaism.
And please- do not accuse me yet AGAIN of saying that babies are born religious- as I never said that. What I did say as I am saying here is that more often than not, babies are born INTO a religion.
Whether or not they become religious as they grow and mature doesn't change that they were born INTO one religion or another.
And there are MANY people in this country- Jews and Gentiles alike- who will say: I am Jewish/Catholic/Protestant/Epi scopalian/etc. who will immediately follow that up with: But I am non-practicing and I am not religious.
No, we have a nonreligious government set forth by a fair & equal nonreligious government.

The fact that nearly 90% of the country's citizens are religious says thatvwe are avreligious nation. The government was founded to make sure we'd always be that way.

Jewish?! Deist?!?

um....

Dewist?

Druish?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#552419 Oct 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed. Unless people would sue a store or demand a discount or something...

Personally, I don't say "merry" anything. It sounds a little limp-wristed.
You're such a man.
Orangelion

Queensferry, UK

#552420 Oct 18, 2012
These are the questions to ask:
Where did the fusion come from?
Where did the energy come from?
What was the energy, light, electricity?
How did the gravity fusion with the energy cause
atoms?
Where isn't the world entirely symetrical, there was no set direction, the atoms are completely round, symetrical, why didn't it form symetrically?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#552421 Oct 18, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What's disturbing was your use of the word "touched." And "darlin."
Why do you think that you can know something about gods that I cannot? Do you have some special sense or other mental faculty that unbelievers lack? Or do you think that our god hides from some of us? I'm sure the blame will fall on me, but how? I've felt the touch of the sun and the wind without even trying, so why didn't I feel the touch of our god even after years of earnestly searching?
O'll tell ya the secret IANS! Ya might have all the right words, but ya ain't say'n 'em in the right order(an ther's a process what ya has ta go through too(an it ain't zackly easy).
First ya gotta aks god ta "make ya tiched in the head", not jist tich ya in the head(that ther implies a deeper mean'n an action, ya see). Now you gots ta do yer part too ta show ya mean it. Next ya gotta find ya a good ole' stem radiator(a real hard oak table works sometimes), and take ta bash'in yer frontal lobes on it till ya opens up yer skull an ya passes out(that ther gives god someplace ta put the secret stuff he wants ta in). Then they usually takes ya ya the hospital an puts ya on a table with a real bright lite on it an you'll see figures com'n in an out o' the light(usually mutter'n unintelligible stuff). Usually the puts ya in some kinda padded room fer a few days, an then they throws ya out in the street with some kinda paper say'n something about how they certified yer acceptance inta the new society(if they don't give ya one, the cathaholic priest will give ya one, but ya gotta bribe him fer it.
That's it! yer all done with the initiation process!
Oh! almost fergot! The cathaholics got's a process o' ther own but it takes longer(sometimes years). They got's real high backs on ther pew benches an little things on the floor with pads on 'em fer yer knees an whatever else might hit the floor. They makes ya keep gitt'n up an down over an over until ya finally bash yer forehead open right ther in the church- usually no hospital stuff required, an like I sayed earlier the priest already got's the certificate ya need right there! Glad ta be o' help ta ya! Hope that explains yer confusion.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#552422 Oct 18, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>Spending money on education is better earned on partying. You'll regret it later if you have use up to much of your money on parties.
Like you?

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#552423 Oct 18, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Nowhere- because we don't.
I though not, in fact I believe the 1st amendment totally blows the whole idea of a religious nation right out of the water

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552424 Oct 18, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>MUCH more likely than not, Da Vinci was GAY.
So WHAT, RR? So WHAT????
And no....Da Vinci was simply ahead of the time he lived in. He was innovative and quite likely a genius.
At any rate, the idea that man could fly is MUCH older than 150 years.
And I can't answer your question- it is hardly outside the realm of possibility that I could be smarter than Freud- you could be too for all we know....
Of course, excluding field of psychiatry, but in a general way, I don't know how smart Freud was or was not.
I don't care if Da Vinci was gay or not. That's not the point.

The point is, it's wrong of you to throw accusations out there about someone of something you don't know.
Orangelion

Queensferry, UK

#552425 Oct 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Turkey, despite being a secular state, is the first and only country to be officially islam.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#552426 Oct 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay....so now you refer to our GOVERNMENT as not being secular, when in fact, it IS- just as the NATION is.

"A secular state is a concept of secularism, whereby a state or country purports to be officially neutral in matters of religion, supporting neither religion nor irreligion.[1] A secular state also claims to treat all its citizens equally regardless of religion, and claims to avoid preferential treatment for a citizen from a particular religion/nonreligion over other religions/nonreligion. Secular states do not have a state religion or equivalent, although the absence of a state religion does not guarantee that a state is secular. A minority of secular, communist or dictatorial nations have historically enforced the extreme of the concept, state atheism, on their populations by way of religious censorship and persecution.[citation needed]
Contents

1 List of secular countries by continent
1.1 Africa
1.2 America
1.3 Asia
1.4 Europe
1.5 Oceania
2 Former secular states
3 Ambiguous states
4 See also
5 Notes

****Secular states become secular either upon establishment of the state (e.g. United States of America or India) or upon secularization of the state******"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secular_state

"Please note that conservative politicians frequently assert that the United States is a Christian nation, is founded on Christian principles and/or that the Founding Fathers were Christian men.

Actually, they weren’t. The Founding Fathers were primarily deists, Freemasons and Unitarians (contrasted with Trinitarians or Christians.) They came from a tradition where the King of England was also the titular head of the Church of England.

In the Constitution, Article 6, Section 3 states “no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.” It’s an affirmation that the head of our government isn’t the head of any particular sect or religion.

Government and religion are separate. These were secular men writing a secular Constitution for a secular country."

http://www.idahopress.com/opinion/bestread/fo...
Orangelion

Queensferry, UK

#552427 Oct 18, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Make a hydrogen atom you get a tiny amount of gravity, make a billion billion hydrogen atoms your get a billion billion times as much gravity
What about in space? There is no gravity, anything with mass only has gravity because gravity is right down here.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552429 Oct 18, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, but energy has no mass.

So, sure once you have one hydrogen atom, gravity would happen in miniscule, virtually unmeasureable ways.

Bit since we're assuming there was once only energy in the universe - no mass - how could a hydrogen atom - that has mass - be formed?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#552430 Oct 18, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I though not, in fact I believe the 1st amendment totally blows the whole idea of a religious nation right out of the water
It does.

If nothing else, one of the reasons the USA was founded was to AVOID religious persecution and the tyranny of religion and the following of ANY religion unless people WANTED to follow a religion.

Nothing anyone says here will ever change the fact that the USA was FOUNDED as a secular nation, is STILL a secular nation and in all extremely likely probability, will always REMAIN a secular nation- just as it started out to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min nanoanomaly 100,228
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 12 min 2 tim 2 15 6,146
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min kent 670,287
Treating others with respect 16 min Sherry Denise N 13
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 39 min To All Idiots 445,653
News The 12 worst movies to ever win Oscars 2 hr discocrisco 1
Interracial experience-Mexican men and Black women (Jul '12) 3 hr Nicky 148
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Pegasus 286,455
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,287
More from around the web