Prove there's a god.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#552383 Oct 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but I said that to be a pig, not for any kind of "evidence"..,
Why would you think the bible is meant to be taken literally?
So when it says that God sitteth upon the circle of the earth, that's literal? How?
They must'a made a mistake when they writ that line(prolly meant "spitteth"), cuz god's abode was over the Ark. Then in Genesis is says that he saw, and it wuz good.

God wuz from Arkansaw! Jist so's ya know!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#552384 Oct 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Unless people would sue a store or demand a discount or something...
Personally, I don't say "merry" anything. It sounds a little limp-wristed.
I don't think people would sue a store or demand a discount and even if they did, they would have no basis for a law suit and I don't see that any store would comply with a "demand" for a discount.

LOL!- "limp-wristed" to say "Merry Christmas"- I kind of see your point, but I don't see it as sounding "gay".

But hey- nothing wrong with saying: Eat, drink and be MERRY- no matter WHAT the time of year!

LOL!

“"Look deep into my eye"”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#552385 Oct 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, there is one discovery I would love to happen.
Rediscovery of the Spinosaurus! The only specimen was in the Berlin museum of natural history, and sadly got destroyed in an Allied bombimg raid.
It is by far and away the largest predator ever to exist on land.
We know that they lived in Africa, and we know that they lived about 97 million years ago.
Also, during the time frame, another giant carnivore stalked the African continent, Carcharydontosaurus. This animal is closely related to S.America's Gigonotosaurus, and the species diverged after the continents split.
Now, on the South American continent lived a massive saurapod, Argentinasaurus.
With not one, but two supercarnivores hunting on the African continent 97 million years ago, I am willing to bet that there was a big sauropod living in Africa during that time as well.
Hi DF., I tried to send you a PM. but it wouldn't go through. Not
sure why and have to go, I will try again when I get back.. Sorry,
don't want you to think I'm ignoring you.(:

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#552386 Oct 18, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
With mostly nonreligious laws.
Is there a religious law?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#552387 Oct 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. So, just because there is absence of evidence in God, that is not evidence of His absence.
Just like 150 years ago there was an absence of evidence that man could fly...
Actually, that's not completely true.

"Leonardo da Vinci made the first real studies of flight in the 1480's. He had over 100 drawings that illustrated his theories on flight.

The Ornithopter flying machine was never actually created. It was a design that Leonardo da Vinci created to show how man could fly. The modern day helicopter is based on this concept."

http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/k-12/UEET/Student...


A huge metamorphosis in Leonardo's approach to flying machines and flying occurred as he went from the theory of flight to actually attempting flight. In his early designs, if you scroll down to the six graphics below, the platform model for example, seen in the upper left hand corner and the close up of the cockpit detail in the graphic further down, although it looks as though it could possibly work, in reality it was way too heavy. The center graphic, below, with the blue background, shows a later design and the one Leonardo used for his first flight attempt as outlined in the Did Leonardo Da Vinci Fly? linked here and found on the Da Vinci Glider page as well. He soon learned imitating the way birds glide rather than human powered wing motion was the way to go if any substained flight for any extended period was expected. His next step would be not imitating nature at all but designing and building winged gliders exclusively by and for human use in mind.

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/awakening...

BTW- Da Vinci was homosexual- not that there's anything wrong with that- because there is not.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#552388 Oct 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a religious law?
Only within the actual religions themselves.....none of our country's governing laws are religious laws since ours is a secular nation.

;-)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#552389 Oct 18, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What's disturbing was your use of the word "touched." And "darlin."
Why do you think that you can know something about gods that I cannot? Do you have some special sense or other mental faculty that unbelievers lack? Or do you think that our god hides from some of us? I'm sure the blame will fall on me, but how? I've felt the touch of the sun and the wind without even trying, so why didn't I feel the touch of our god even after years of earnestly searching?
Why is it disturbing to use the word, touch? Do you relate that to pedophelia?

God literally touched me. He put His hand on my head & I heard Him say "He's with me."

I am not special, these miracles happen and have happened to billions of people over thousand of years.

“"Look deep into my eye"”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#552390 Oct 18, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The dogs love to feel of the wind, that's why they stick their heads out of the car window.
All is well here, busy as always. No fall yet, yesterday was 95 degrees believe it or not.
The Hatfields were the West Virginia family, feuded with the Kentucky McCoys. Buddy Ebsen was my neighbor for years, until he died. After that, he moved away.
You know I'm always a good boy. <shhhh>
Really? I'm too young to remember the Hillbillies. LOL.. You must live in a pretty fancy neighborhood.I'll have to visit and bring all
my dogs, and the rest of the clan. I bet you'd love that, I have an old VW bus, I'll just load it all up and move to Beverly Hills.
Make sure I have a nice room and plenty of GOOD wine.. lmbo

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#552391 Oct 18, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
I meant it is better spent on education than partying lol. Education is better than a party.
Education is better than religions too

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#552392 Oct 18, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think people would sue a store or demand a discount and even if they did, they would have no basis for a law suit and I don't see that any store would comply with a "demand" for a discount.
LOL!- "limp-wristed" to say "Merry Christmas"- I kind of see your point, but I don't see it as sounding "gay".
But hey- nothing wrong with saying: Eat, drink and be MERRY- no matter WHAT the time of year!
LOL!
I agree.

Holy shitballs.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#552394 Oct 18, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Only within the actual religions themselves.....none of our country's governing laws are religious laws since ours is a secular nation.
;-)
Stop it.

We have a secular government & a reliogious nation.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#552395 Oct 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
uh-huh...
So it's verifiable that 13.7 biliion years ago, energy and/or matter became a hydrogen atom by gravity?
Energy, not matter, hydrogen is matter

And it was approximately 13.7 billion years ago. Wasn’t exactly to the day as our famous archbishop recons genesis

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#552396 Oct 18, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>They must'a made a mistake when they writ that line(prolly meant "spitteth"), cuz god's abode was over the Ark. Then in Genesis is says that he saw, and it wuz good.
God wuz from Arkansaw! Jist so's ya know!
What the....?

Arkansaw??

Lol, is that why He don't like gays?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#552397 Oct 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
Holy shitballs.
I am LITERALLY laughing out loud at the "Holy shitballs"!!!

I'm gonna remember that one!! And yes- LITERALLY laughing out loud!

And hey- I do think we have agreed on one or two other things over the past months......

:-)

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#552398 Oct 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a religious law?
Not on christianity but there certainly are rules

Not sure if it’s 10 or 67 are 613

I like number 9 or was it 8
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Oh yes and number 4 or 3

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it

Days to the sabbath is 24 hours but the rest are, in hindsight 1000 years.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#552399 Oct 18, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, that's not completely true.
"Leonardo da Vinci made the first real studies of flight in the 1480's. He had over 100 drawings that illustrated his theories on flight.
The Ornithopter flying machine was never actually created. It was a design that Leonardo da Vinci created to show how man could fly. The modern day helicopter is based on this concept."
http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/k-12/UEET/Student...
A huge metamorphosis in Leonardo's approach to flying machines and flying occurred as he went from the theory of flight to actually attempting flight. In his early designs, if you scroll down to the six graphics below, the platform model for example, seen in the upper left hand corner and the close up of the cockpit detail in the graphic further down, although it looks as though it could possibly work, in reality it was way too heavy. The center graphic, below, with the blue background, shows a later design and the one Leonardo used for his first flight attempt as outlined in the Did Leonardo Da Vinci Fly? linked here and found on the Da Vinci Glider page as well. He soon learned imitating the way birds glide rather than human powered wing motion was the way to go if any substained flight for any extended period was expected. His next step would be not imitating nature at all but designing and building winged gliders exclusively by and for human use in mind.
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/awakening...
BTW- Da Vinci was homosexual- not that there's anything wrong with that- because there is not.
Ya, I know about the ornithopter.

Da Vinci was a time traveler....

Gay?? Lol, you don't know that. Freud thought he might've been, are you smarter than Freud? Well, he was EYE-talian...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#552401 Oct 18, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Education is better than religions too
Why not have both?

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#552402 Oct 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop it.
We have a secular government & a reliogious nation.
Where is it written in the constitution that you have a religious nation?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#552403 Oct 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop it.
We have a secular government & a reliogious nation.
No- we have a secular nation as set forth by our government.

I will again use the following analogy: You claim we have a religious nation because the percentage of those who are religious is greater than those who are not.

Okay.....here comes the analogy: Are you going to claim we have a WHITE nation because the percentage of those who are white is greater than those who are not?

Of course not- at least I HOPE not! So.....we no more have a religious nation than we have a white nation.

The USA is not a religious nation- it is SECULAR. That more people than not profess to be of a religion does not make ours a religious nation and all the more when one considers that MANY who claim to be of one religion or another do not PRACTICE their religion.

We've discussed this before- being OF a religion and PRACTICING that religion are two separate things.

I can tell you I am Jewish- because I AM- but I am also a non-practicing Jew. That does not take away from the fact that I am Jewish and was born INTO the religion of Judaism.

And please- do not accuse me yet AGAIN of saying that babies are born religious- as I never said that. What I did say as I am saying here is that more often than not, babies are born INTO a religion.

Whether or not they become religious as they grow and mature doesn't change that they were born INTO one religion or another.

And there are MANY people in this country- Jews and Gentiles alike- who will say: I am Jewish/Catholic/Protestant/Epi scopalian/etc. who will immediately follow that up with: But I am non-practicing and I am not religious.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#552404 Oct 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not have both?
All too often religious indoctrination thwarts attempts to educate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min Mark Stafford 88,122
Here's What's Really Behind NFL Players Taking ... (Nov '17) 59 min Fen Pok Sue Chee II 28
loan shark needed asap (Mar '09) 4 hr Steve Carl 20
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Tony 6,921
How many MILLIONS of MEXICAN MEN R N in U.S. IL... 5 hr Mr magoo goo guy... 32
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr The AnswerTo 1984... 703,712
Is a career in web development rewarding? 5 hr keith29 1