Prove there's a god.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#552248 Oct 18, 2012
Rose Theodor wrote:
<quoted text>The dust and rib account are literal and biologically and chemically proven. Everything that we eat and consume comes from the earth and water. The fact that we have woMAN tells us that woman came from man plus the chromosomes of xy and how women and men are made taking a part from man and a part from woman should be further evidence.
Also, it explains thcurvature of their boobs.

Curved, like ribs.

#552249 Oct 18, 2012
Rose Theodor wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure about that, or do you just say anything without thought or reason?
Pretty sure

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegaller...

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#552250 Oct 18, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not funny.
I commute daily on the LA freeways.
The texters are a menace, to themselves and everybody else.
And the drunk drivers?

Some stable somewhere

#552251 Oct 18, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't actually driving. I was actually waiting for my Pizza...
Well then who was driving?!?

Some stable somewhere

#552252 Oct 18, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And it has been too many years since I have been in school and you have surpassed my understanding. How is that possible? You are but a mere snippet of a girl :D
I'm like 14. 15 or maybe 16, 20's, or 91, depending on the poster.:)

And my IQ is in the 30's. The nanny has to keep wiping my mouth while I write.

teehee

:)

Some stable somewhere

#552254 Oct 18, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
Thanks for the finish. You finished me like a pro.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>That's what she said.
No kidding! He's dreamy in b--... Wait, wait, so...you're the other girl, huh?

Al! Jerkface!

Some stable somewhere

#552255 Oct 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, here in South Africa, we manufacture to German standards, as well as import from Holland, Germany and England (the only country to sell "Real" beer).
The selection of alcohol here in SA is huge. We even import Millers, Sterling and Budweiser.
Coming back to geology, would you like to assist on an expedition, given the opportunity? If so, what would you most like to do?
You're totally right about the beer!!!

Long live English Ale!!!

Some stable somewhere

#552256 Oct 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you!
That is our point the entire time!
Yes, there may very well be a god. He may be yours. Or he may be Odin, Ra, Spinoza or Diana. I don't know.
However, if there IS a god, he created the universe by means of the Big Bang. If there is a god, he created advanced organisms by means of evolution.
No one is hassling your god belief - some of the best scientists and engineers I know are Christians, but they do know where do draw the line between science and religion.
Let's get back to that contentious issue, Genesis 1. It was never intended to be taken literally. It was more a form of poetry than anything else.
Evolution does not harm your religion, please see that

Some stable somewhere

#552257 Oct 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, it explains thcurvature of their boobs.
Curved, like ribs.
You really are into flat girls, hey?

I totally thought you were just trying to make the moves on me.

:p

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#552258 Oct 18, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No kidding! He's dreamy in b--... Wait, wait, so...you're the other girl, huh?
Al! Jerkface!
Not the other girl. Al is.
Orangelion

Queensferry, UK

#552259 Oct 18, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Falling in love at 17 is ridiculous? Since when? By the time I was 17 I had fallen in love with many girls, though I never acted on those feelings due to extreme shyness. A 17 year old is certainly not as worldly wise as an older person, but falling in love is not something that one waits until they are fully physically and mentally mature to do so. With some of them was not just physical sexual attraction either, but I was truly 'in love', and with some I probably didn't even see them as sexually attractive.
At 17? Years are short, if you fall in love with many girls at differejt times in one year then that love didn't last long, it sounds like puppy love to me, how can you form a connection in the schoolyard anyway? Besides, if you were too shy to admit it, you were to unwise to admit it, and probably to unwise to fall in love, don't be stupid.
Orangelion

Queensferry, UK

#552260 Oct 18, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm like 14. 15 or maybe 16, 20's, or 91, depending on the poster.:)
And my IQ is in the 30's. The nanny has to keep wiping my mouth while I write.
teehee
How is your intellect like someone who is 30? You have the reasoning and wisdom of a teenager, and I didn't confuse you for someone 20, I confused you for an immature young adult, at first I didn't know al your posts, but then I got to know you better finding out you are 14, you are just a kid, besides, the ages 14, 15 and 16 are very close when it comes to wisdom and reasoning skills they have, it simply depended on the viewer.

#552261 Oct 18, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're totally right about the beer!!!
Long live English Ale!!!
On the whole, I prefer European Lager, but English bitter is damned good
Orangelion

Queensferry, UK

#552262 Oct 18, 2012
How did the mutation gene spread to the other genes, from this pit of slime? The mutation gene would also not only have the information to adapt, but also the information for the other genes, little kid HFY.
Orangelion

Queensferry, UK

#552263 Oct 18, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The latest findings in evolution are crazy insane. It turns out that DNA can change depending on environmental cues. By change, I mean that it can learn about the current environment and pass that information on to subsequent generations. This is called "epigenetics" and it comes very close to Lamarckian evolution, though it's not.
Epigenetic coding is still based in natural selection, though, but it takes a fair bit of math to understand that.
5 years ago, when I just started my program, when I was just a wwweeeeeee lass, I got into an argument with my prof over epigenetics. I explained to him how they work and he laughed at me, then made fun of me in front of the class. Only now, I'm right! woohooo!).
How can the genetics know how to change? What makes them know that? Go on kid, expain.

#552264 Oct 18, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are into flat girls, hey?
I totally thought you were just trying to make the moves on me.
:p
I was. Girls with sub 30 IQ's are so hot.

Mmmm... Spittle running down the side of your mouth...

#552265 Oct 18, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
How can the genetics know how to change? What makes them know that? Go on kid, expain.
Jesus tells them to.

Yes, I said it.

Once, while doing research, I looked at a strand of human DNA through a high intensity microscope. I actually SAW the letters J-E-S-U-S on the strand!

I then looked at snake DNA and found S-A-T-A-N-6-6-6

Can you believe it!

Praizthalordhalleluyah!!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#552266 Oct 18, 2012
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Aerobatty wrote:
Outstanding.
Thank you, kind sir!
Orangelion

Queensferry, UK

#552267 Oct 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus tells them to.
Yes, I said it.
Once, while doing research, I looked at a strand of human DNA through a high intensity microscope. I actually SAW the letters J-E-S-U-S on the strand!
I then looked at snake DNA and found S-A-T-A-N-6-6-6
Can you believe it!
Praizthalordhalleluyah!!
Which animal did the DNA strand of the one with letters J-E-S-U-S written on them belong to, the lamb, a sheep?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#552268 Oct 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence... It's true. If it wasn't true, then 150 years ago, it would've been a fact that hymans can't fly.
Hymans may not fly, but they can tear. Is that close enough?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
If it wasn't true, then 150 years ago, it would've been a fact that [humans] can't fly. There was no evidence that we could...

[QUOTE who="RiversideRedneck "]Note: absent & absence are different, so why are you stuck on the "absent from work" scenario?
Absence and absent are two forms of the same word, the first a noun, the second an adjective. Absence (noun) is the general quality that a particular absent (adjective) object, quality or process possesses. They are related like thrift and thrifty.

Am I stuck? You are arguing against the validity of one of several examples I gave in passing of the absence of evidence being evidence of absence, in this case, regarding being at work. I am willing to move on, whenever you decide to let go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Quivering Lip Lib... 41,815
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Robert F 690,382
Would the world have been better off...without ... 42 min true friend of dr... 10
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 3 hr Big Al 565
our STORE is starting on politics 6 hr Kill Your Television 3
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 6 hr Paul is dead 14
looking for boyfriend in dubai (Mar '15) 6 hr Maxin 2
More from around the web