Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#552237 Oct 17, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Nano, do you think the negative issues that they might encounter comes from within the family or from the negativity of outsiders.
I suppose what im asking that if its simply the non acceptance from society.
I tried to be as open as I could while watching, but even I had a difficult time watching. I'm not sure that it really sat all that well with me but I was trying not to criticize those two (guys?)(gals?)
Society is not quite ready to accept that I'm afraid.
I could only shake my head in disgust when the reporter said that those two "used to be confused." Wow. How could two women who decide that they are really "gay men" who want to "be" pregnant not still be massively confused? I see full on crazy in that household. That one boy looks like he's on the verge of collapse from starvation. Those women are what stands between those boys and a normal childhood.
I don't care how demented those two cows want to act in their own home...as a couple...but nobody should give them custody of someone else's innocent children when there are so many relatively normal couples who would take them in and nurture them.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#552238 Oct 17, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I've had this discussion with paleoanthropologists working in the field. The younger ones agree with me. The older ones insist that fossils are the way to go. I point out to them that phenotype is not genotype and that we don't have a 1:1 ration of genes:morphology, but they argue that our knowledge of genetic algorithms is still being worked out.
They're not wrong. Some of the dates for the split between humans and Pan, for ex., were worked out using mtDNA - so they were off, since mtDNA has too short a half life for that kind of calculation. And, who do you use for the outgroup? The mtDNA claims have used Pan, usually, and that's simply poor, again b/c the half life is too short. Some researchers have used what they believe to be isolated human populations as the outgroup - but that invokes a whole host of problems, many of them cultural biases. What human group hasn't had mating with other human groups in the last 50k-200k years?
But, we can get gene sequences from extinct hominin populations now, like neanderthal, so we can use them as an outgroup. Sequencing bones from hominin up to and through Homo will be settle the issue in favor of gene pools and I think we'll see them marked by time boundaries instead of species boundaries in the future (in the same way that ring species are marked by geographic boundaries; sub time in for geography).
And it has been too many years since I have been in school and you have surpassed my understanding. How is that possible? You are but a mere snippet of a girl :D
contaminated

Phoenix, AZ

#552239 Oct 17, 2012
umm no there where test that show there are more ppl that dont have a god then ppl that do (in the US)!The bible was made to keep ppl in line ! its a book of things you can NOT do in this world or youll go to hell for it. Sound alot like are goverment and law ! for ppl like me (no God) have a hard time talking to ppl after they say- I love god or my house has ghosts in it !! maybe you need to step away from TV land for a lil ! It just makes me think your not all there in the head !! I watch and wish harry potter was really to ( I want to be a WIZARD ) but Inside I know that it was just a really cool story ! Most DR. would even tell you that its all in your head ! The human brain is the most Amazing thing in this world !!

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#552240 Oct 17, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the finish. You finished me like a pro.
That's what she said.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#552241 Oct 17, 2012
contaminated wrote:
umm no there where test that show there are more ppl that dont have a god then ppl that do (in the US)!The bible was made to keep ppl in line ! its a book of things you can NOT do in this world or youll go to hell for it. Sound alot like are goverment and law ! for ppl like me (no God) have a hard time talking to ppl after they say- I love god or my house has ghosts in it !! maybe you need to step away from TV land for a lil ! It just makes me think your not all there in the head !! I watch and wish harry potter was really to ( I want to be a WIZARD ) but Inside I know that it was just a really cool story ! Most DR. would even tell you that its all in your head ! The human brain is the most Amazing thing in this world !!
Arg! My eyes, my eyes.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#552242 Oct 18, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>You live in Fundieville? lol
I live in an area where the Christian religion is exampled in every bit of it's appalling glory.

You can call it fundieville, sure.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#552243 Oct 18, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, I only have a lowly bachelor of science degree and I got into retail sales of all things. For the last couple of years or so I have been brushing up on the old knowledge by debating on websites.
And we do have some pretty good beer in the U.S., you just have to avoid the major brand names. We have microbrewries that will match anything you guys have. Of course we drank Coors and Bud in those days, long before microbreweries came out.
Well, here in South Africa, we manufacture to German standards, as well as import from Holland, Germany and England (the only country to sell "Real" beer).

The selection of alcohol here in SA is huge. We even import Millers, Sterling and Budweiser.

Coming back to geology, would you like to assist on an expedition, given the opportunity? If so, what would you most like to do?

#552244 Oct 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See what I mean? Some of you preach evolution like you know. For sure. Without a doubt....
But you don't know. You assume the people that are researching it are right...
You say:
"Evolution gave man a conscience and a proclivity to doubt and reason."
I say:
"God, through evolution, gave man a conscience and a proclivity to doubt and reason."
Thank you!

That is our point the entire time!

Yes, there may very well be a god. He may be yours. Or he may be Odin, Ra, Spinoza or Diana. I don't know.

However, if there IS a god, he created the universe by means of the Big Bang. If there is a god, he created advanced organisms by means of evolution.

No one is hassling your god belief - some of the best scientists and engineers I know are Christians, but they do know where do draw the line between science and religion.

Let's get back to that contentious issue, Genesis 1. It was never intended to be taken literally. It was more a form of poetry than anything else.

Evolution does not harm your religion, please see that

#552245 Oct 18, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the muslim Allah, this is your atheistic propaganda, it is islamic extremists that hold that belief.
Yeah!

I mean Christian extremists are so much better!

They kill less than 100 people at a time, rather than thousands of people...I mean THAT is your god showing mercy, right?

#552248 Oct 18, 2012
Rose Theodor wrote:
<quoted text>The dust and rib account are literal and biologically and chemically proven. Everything that we eat and consume comes from the earth and water. The fact that we have woMAN tells us that woman came from man plus the chromosomes of xy and how women and men are made taking a part from man and a part from woman should be further evidence.
Also, it explains thcurvature of their boobs.

Curved, like ribs.

#552249 Oct 18, 2012
Rose Theodor wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure about that, or do you just say anything without thought or reason?
Pretty sure

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegaller...

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#552250 Oct 18, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not funny.
I commute daily on the LA freeways.
The texters are a menace, to themselves and everybody else.
And the drunk drivers?

Some stable somewhere

#552251 Oct 18, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't actually driving. I was actually waiting for my Pizza...
Well then who was driving?!?

Some stable somewhere

#552252 Oct 18, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And it has been too many years since I have been in school and you have surpassed my understanding. How is that possible? You are but a mere snippet of a girl :D
I'm like 14. 15 or maybe 16, 20's, or 91, depending on the poster.:)

And my IQ is in the 30's. The nanny has to keep wiping my mouth while I write.

teehee

:)

Some stable somewhere

#552254 Oct 18, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
Thanks for the finish. You finished me like a pro.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>That's what she said.
No kidding! He's dreamy in b--... Wait, wait, so...you're the other girl, huh?

Al! Jerkface!

Some stable somewhere

#552255 Oct 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, here in South Africa, we manufacture to German standards, as well as import from Holland, Germany and England (the only country to sell "Real" beer).
The selection of alcohol here in SA is huge. We even import Millers, Sterling and Budweiser.
Coming back to geology, would you like to assist on an expedition, given the opportunity? If so, what would you most like to do?
You're totally right about the beer!!!

Long live English Ale!!!

Some stable somewhere

#552256 Oct 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you!
That is our point the entire time!
Yes, there may very well be a god. He may be yours. Or he may be Odin, Ra, Spinoza or Diana. I don't know.
However, if there IS a god, he created the universe by means of the Big Bang. If there is a god, he created advanced organisms by means of evolution.
No one is hassling your god belief - some of the best scientists and engineers I know are Christians, but they do know where do draw the line between science and religion.
Let's get back to that contentious issue, Genesis 1. It was never intended to be taken literally. It was more a form of poetry than anything else.
Evolution does not harm your religion, please see that
:)

Some stable somewhere

#552257 Oct 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, it explains thcurvature of their boobs.
Curved, like ribs.
You really are into flat girls, hey?

I totally thought you were just trying to make the moves on me.

:p

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#552258 Oct 18, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No kidding! He's dreamy in b--... Wait, wait, so...you're the other girl, huh?
Al! Jerkface!
Not the other girl. Al is.
Orangelion

Queensferry, UK

#552259 Oct 18, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Falling in love at 17 is ridiculous? Since when? By the time I was 17 I had fallen in love with many girls, though I never acted on those feelings due to extreme shyness. A 17 year old is certainly not as worldly wise as an older person, but falling in love is not something that one waits until they are fully physically and mentally mature to do so. With some of them was not just physical sexual attraction either, but I was truly 'in love', and with some I probably didn't even see them as sexually attractive.
At 17? Years are short, if you fall in love with many girls at differejt times in one year then that love didn't last long, it sounds like puppy love to me, how can you form a connection in the schoolyard anyway? Besides, if you were too shy to admit it, you were to unwise to admit it, and probably to unwise to fall in love, don't be stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the end and destruction of christianity 5 min Infinite Force 2
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Hypocrite watch 86,821
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr candlesmell 703,468
Pray 4 Sleeping Libtard 2 Wake UP! 5 hr True 1
I'm making a dating blog. Any advice? 8 hr jophet38 1
As a Kiev woman, is it ideal to date an America... 8 hr sofialuv 1
We have off world aliens/Grey's that look like ... 9 hr Mr Hutch 10