|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It may have partially come from space.
Organic molecules are found in space, sure. I have troubles with the panspermia hypothesis, though.
RiversideRedneck

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Aura? Seriously?
"piling up rocks"?
It's a lot more involved than that.
To prove it.
Build on of your own. Small, of course. With chambers inside. Use archaic tools only.
Go 'head.
Try.
RiversideRedneck

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

LMAO!
I knew it got quiet 'cuz Hiding was googlin her little ass off...
So then. Thanks, Hiding. YOU don't know how the pyramids were built just like the rest of us.
....she is human, after all!
RiversideRedneck

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Heya, Hiding?
One more question, then I'm off for the night.
Since you know so much about so much (but won't admit what you don't know).
How is it that you claim to know how the Egyptian Pyramids were built when no tools have been discovered?
RiversideRedneck

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

lol.
Google that one for a while, little girl.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>So when a wife agrees to give her husband head she's hoping to get pregnant? LMAO! sorry off topic but I couldn't resist.
.. hi ya DNF!..

.. welcome to the thread. We all look forward to your brilliant posts. You'll find many friends here and my woman including my woman, Yellodog (AKA: Pattiecake58)..

P.S. Don't let "Hiding From You" know that I'm fooling around with Yellodog.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Tam, I know that science isn't trying isn't trying to prove God, but it seems that most scientists start on the premise that there is no God.
It seems foolish to start a search & already assume a few of the answers...
Why would scientists start on a premise of either there is a god or there is no god? Most scientists are looking at a particular subject, mainly to do with the natural world, and therefore things of the mind (except of course scientists whose specialty is things of the mind) are not really related to observation, and experimentation.

Those scientists that do research on the universe, the earth, and living things, though, have not come up with any evidence to suggest a deity is at all involved in these things. Should such an indication appear, I suspect they would do more research in that area.

Experiments have been conducted on the effect of group prayer on the outcome of illnesses, and the results that were found were either that prayer had no effect, or (as in a few trials) prayer led to a poorer result than the standard.

My theory on the poor results is that those being prayed for, assuming they knew that they were being prayed for and believed in the power of prayer, relaxed their own attempt to cure themselves (which is exactly what the body does, regardless of what method is used - medications only assist in that process), and thus did more poorly because they had stopped trying to get better, on the mistaken idea that God would answer the prayer and heal them, which actually never happens.

The rare case where someone appears to be healed by prayer would be due to the same factor but in reverse; the body healed itself because the person was confident he would get better, because 'God would heal him'(or alternatively coincidence). It is all in attitude of the sick person, and how that attitude affects the body's reactions to its illness.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe that James Lovelock said it was the other way around. James was a NASA scientist and was in charge of looking for life on Mars.
When asked about how or what to to look for for signs of life he said "I’d look for an entropy reduction, since this must be a general characteristic of life."
Thus, according to Lovelock, to find signs of life, one must look for a “reduction or a reversal of entropy.”
None the less, it does seem rather strange that we are seeing negative entropy here on Earth regarding life over the so called 4.5 billion years of evolution rather than in increase of disorder.
Evolution and entropy, entropy and evolution..... Doesn't quite add up. Just saying...
Life consists of organized molecules and chemical processes that transfer energy. Their waste product - their entropy - is heat. That's the entropy you are looking for.

Evolution is a creative process that produces life to take advantage of energy - and it does so very well. Wherever you have excess energy, species evolve to harvest it.

So energy comes into the system from the sun and the center of the planet. It gets used to produce complex molecules, thereby binding the energy. These then get eaten by all manner of animals, who get eaten by other animals, who get eaten by other animals, etc., etc, who then get eaten eventually by fungus. At each step along the way, there's a decrease in energy through digestion (heat production as waste), and a corresponding lowered number of biomass.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
LMAO!
I knew it got quiet 'cuz Hiding was googlin her little ass off...
So then. Thanks, Hiding. YOU don't know how the pyramids were built just like the rest of us.
....she is human, after all!
No, I was just giving you links. Pyramids are very old knowledge for me, as they should be for any person.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Heya, Hiding?
One more question, then I'm off for the night.
Since you know so much about so much (but won't admit what you don't know).
How is it that you claim to know how the Egyptian Pyramids were built when no tools have been discovered?
Tools have been discovered. If I send you to links, you'll claim I was googling it to know. If I just tell you, you'll claim I don't know. So, whatever. Do your own homework.

Again, your ignorance isn't the worlds'. The limits of human understanding reach far, far beyond what you can imagine. It would be nice if you would stop presuming to tell me the limitations of archaeology when you haven't got the first clue how it works.

Yes. I know more than you - that is apparent from our discussions. How old are you again?

IANS has convinced me that it's your religion that has done this to you. It makes you embrace ignorance - and here you display it for all to see, even claim it for the world.

Your religion has hurt you. It wants you to be "be like a child," tells you this in your own book of myths. Well, you've done a good job being ignorant, but a bad job being like a child. Children are exploratory and curious about the world around them. You just want to remain uninformed to back up your small myths.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Aura? Seriously?
"piling up rocks"?
To prove it.
Build on of your own. Small, of course. With chambers inside. Use archaic tools only.
Go 'head.
Try.
It's been done. <sigh> Archaeologists built a small pyramid in three weeks once, just to show it could be done quite easily.

People! Everyone!

Look at what creationism has done to this poor man! Is this what you want for your children???
RiversideRedneck

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

I could say that you saying "pyramids are very old information" is just your willfull ignorance.
But I won't.
I'm not like you people.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Sure. "generally accepted" by those who already didn't accept it ...

Kind of a catch 22, I'd say.
I used to think it was true.

Then I grew up.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Martina Navratilover wrote:
<quoted text>Yet, you lie again. Post a link, or be labeled again as "boooots the liar".

Don't bother with the link, we know you are lying and desperate to convince yourself that your wasted life is only maggot food so where is the waste in waste. You were lied to, life has value, our earth ship(body) does not.
You don't want to know the truth or you would have looked it up yourself already.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>Then He would be more cool, have more sex, and enjoy parties a lot more.
Probably wouldn't get so pissed off about stupid stuff, too.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Life consists of organized molecules and chemical processes that transfer energy. Their waste product - their entropy - is heat. That's the entropy you are looking for.
Evolution is a creative process that produces life to take advantage of energy - and it does so very well. Wherever you have excess energy, species evolve to harvest it.
So energy comes into the system from the sun and the center of the planet. It gets used to produce complex molecules, thereby binding the energy. These then get eaten by all manner of animals, who get eaten by other animals, who get eaten by other animals, etc., etc, who then get eaten eventually by fungus. At each step along the way, there's a decrease in energy through digestion (heat production as waste), and a corresponding lowered number of biomass.
forgive me if I sound stupid, but you just said that energy continues to dissipate through the Continued digestion from one animal to another yet evolution bucks this trend, becomes creative and actually formed beings of a higher energy order in most cases. That simply is what I've been told since grade school and so have you as well but still goes against the law of entropy it seems.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

You must hate yourself for all that repressed homosexuality that drips from your posts.
Straight people aren't obsessed about homosexuality like you are.
Martina Navratilover wrote:
<quoted text>So, why did you use Pat Condell's words, which are lies. The drug use, random unfulfilled sex acts, straights experiencing gay sex and tran sex, alcohol abuse, wife beating, self beating, etc. are not acts of no guilt but are acts of self loathing. The act of not praying is often an act of not feeling worthy and feeling too dirty to pray. What person feels inclined ot pray, when they are with a prostitute, bar or in a crack house; to them it seems pointless and they feel dirty. How many crackheads, alcohol abusers and drug addicts fall out of bed on the floor on Sunday morning, after self debasement and say I am going to church all dirty, filthy, and smelly, after the highlight of my week, Saturday night debauchery? 1 out of 1,000,000 cases.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe to him. SOme people think that way.

I don't.

Would you ridicule him for his sexual preference?

hmmm....
He doesn't seem to have one.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>RiversideRedneck wrote, "In a manner of speaking... They did, or at least people like you say they did."

Only someone purposefully misconstruing evolution or someone ignorant of evolution would ever make that statement. And here we are, you telling me I am required to make a silly statement about fish because your straw man of evolution requires it.

"Rather, the gene pool from the fish species that started living in shallow swamps had mutations to its genes that, one by one, changed the production of proteins in their bodies such that they could better live in an amphibious environment. With the addition of new genes, the deletion of old genes, the changing in the timing of development and production of proteins, little by little the bodies produced by that gene pool changed - along with the gene pool."

[QUOTE]Then one would assume that after millions & millions of years of "mutations", "one by one", somebody by now would've found a real clue to that. Where's that "evidence"? Where's all the millions & millions of years worth of fossils to corroberate that assumption?"

In the fossil record, in the genes.

Genetically, all lobed fin fish are equally related to all land dwelling vertebrates. All land dwelling vertebrates are more closely related to lobe finned (Sarcopterygii) fish than ray finned fish ( actinopterygians). That's the smoking gun.

If we just use a purely your-religion's way of explaining that, why are all land vertebrates more closely related to lobe finned fish than ray finned fish?

[QUOTE]No, a "guess" is too easy to make, it's a 'theory'...
"

That's right. Evolution is not a guess. It's evidence based, hypothesis tested. It has never been disproved, not once.

So far you have not raised one legitimate contention with it. Your religion has failed to produce a theory even remotely as explanatory. There is no competing theory to evolution - not a single one. But don't let that stop you. Please outline a theory that unifies all biological phenomena under one explanatory umbrella, and makes testable predictions.

[QUOTE]"a fish grew legs" is just a few million years of evolution (lol) all slapped together in one sentence.
In essence, fish did grow legs, or so you say."

No, I did not say that. Once again, you are mischaracterizing my statements entirely.

Are you incapable of understanding evolution? Is it too difficult for you?
I'm telling you.

If you just tack on an afterlife to evolution, these fundies will climb aboard.

They'll never know and never be able to tell anybody.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Aura? Seriously?
"piling up rocks"?
To prove it.
Go 'head.
Try.

I don't have too this has been done already extensively , in earnest efforts to understand how it was done.
When you understand how they moved the obelisks the pyramids become
easy in comparison though a greater task the individual stones were
small in comparison. This video used a small workforce.
You have to imagine an army a quite large army workforce then it becomes real.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min atemcowboy 538,566
Jermain Taylor is EVIL 8 min Doctor REALITY 1
The World Will End On May 21, 2011 (Aug '08) 13 min Some1 Else 16,442
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 13 min Classic 1,761
Emmasturbate ...okay so what does this word mea... (May '13) 19 min Myrandy Cumgrove 193
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min CunningLinguist 226,138
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min JudgeNJury 257,740
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 42 min dirty white boy- 599,723
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 43 min bacon hater 94,599
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Clearwater 173,252
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••