Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#551353 Oct 15, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see where I gave you any reson to mock me or be mean.
But I guess your Christianity differs from mine. I try to treat others the way I'd like to be treated. I think Jesus talked about that, right?
This may help you.
21 Ways to Be a Better Christian
http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Christianity/...
No, Hiding was not being mean, she was paying you a true compliment.

The name of one of our most respected posters is Double Fine.

She was giving you one better....

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#551354 Oct 15, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>There is also no proof there isn't one.
Namaste and best wishes.
Exactly. So after the first page of: Prove there isn't one. Prove there is one.

Who'd a thunk after half a million posts later that we'd still be here. I've only been here for about a year. I've been compiling a list of "Fundie" adjectives used and "Athetard" adjectives used. I'm a nerd. Pleased to meet you and best wishes.

DNF

“Judge more and you love less”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH-Baltimore MD-S.Fla

#551355 Oct 15, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
mea culpa to both of you then.

DNF

#551356 Oct 15, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Who'd a thunk after half a million posts later that we'd still be here. I've only been here for about a year. I've been compiling a list of "Fundie" adjectives used and "Athetard" adjectives used. I'm a nerd. Pleased to meet you and best wishes.
Thank you. A lot of people have welcome me from this thread. I only came to respond to that first poster because a friend asked me to.

I've discovered this thread has a lot of very interesting subjects I like to explore.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#551357 Oct 15, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>mea culpa to both of you then.
:)

DNF

#551358 Oct 15, 2012
blundunt wrote:
<quoted text>Not my word-The word of God!
To be accurate, you worship a book put together by a blue ribbon panel of religious experts of the time that the emperor appointed with the task of settling all the things causing social unrest at the time.

I worship God. And I also read the Bible. There's a lot of good ideas in it. And a lot of nasty stuff too.

I love it most when people throw Sodom and Gomorrah at me. Remember how THAT morality tale ends? Lot gets drunk in a cave and has sex with his teen age daughters. God's one righteous man?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#551359 Oct 15, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see where I gave you any reson to mock me or be mean.
But I guess your Christianity differs from mine. I try to treat others the way I'd like to be treated. I think Jesus talked about that, right?
This may help you.
21 Ways to Be a Better Christian
http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Christianity/...
Huh? How am I mocking you?

First, I'm in agreement with you about gay rights. I just don't think they're only linked to black freedom, but freedom for all and the advancement of civil society.

Double Fine is a poster here - I'm making fun of him by making your name his, but including "Nice" in it. Double Nice Fine. If I wanted to poke fun at you, I'd write something using less nice words.

And I'm not a Christian.:)

I'll never be one. It's nice to have cognizant, moral Christians like yourself and Al on the threads to represent the good in your religion, but I disbelieve in all deities.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#551360 Oct 15, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>mea culpa to both of you then.
Ah! Ninja'd!(thanks Catcher!)

No worries, life is full of fun.

I'm still not a Christian! grrrrrrr!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#551361 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Peace with God describes a relationship that we enter into with God through the finished work of Jesus Christ.
“What is God’s peace? The unruffled serenity of the infinitely-happy God, the eternal composure of the absolutely well-contented God.”-Spurgeon
Whatever it is, Just Result obviously go none despite the promise.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The fruit is the product of the life of the Spirit in the believer. It is characterized by several interesting features. In the fruit of the Spirit there is unity.
The fruit of the Spirit possesses a notable' harmony.
I used to be a Christian. I know what these terms refer to. And it is why I pointed out that Just Results got shortchanged. He should question that.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Can you move a mountain with a mustard seed of faith, or whenever two or more of you gather to pray together as you were promised in Matthew 18:19?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You just combined two seperate verses. Why?
Why not? Would you have preferred two sentences? OK:

Can you move a mountain with a mustard seed of faith?

Can you move a mountain whenever two or more of you gather to pray together as you were promised in Matthew 18:19?

Better?

Fennario

#551362 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Matthew 17:20 says "And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."

That means Jesus explicitly attributes their inability to the smallness of their faith, pointing out that even a mustard seed's worth of faith would be sufficient to cast out not merely demons but mountains.
I know what simple declarative text means, and in this case, it is not that. What it means is that nothing is impossible with even the least amount of faith. There are multiple verses making similar promises, and they aren't true:

[1]“Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.”- Matthew 21:21

[2]“And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.”- Matthew 17:20

[3] "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you”- Matthew 7:7

[4]“Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.”- Mark 11:24

[5]“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.”- John 14:12-14

[6]“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”- Matthew 18:19-20

[7] "And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.:- James 5:15-16

[8]“If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you.”- John 15:7

[9]“It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you.”- John 15:16

[10]“On that day you will not question me about anything. Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete.”- John 16:23-24

Fennario

#551363 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
what if the test is done wrong? Or the data of the test is misconstrued?
Then you'll probably come to false conclusions.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Suppose the time card stamper isn't working and nobody saw you because you were doing an odd job & not at your typical location?
OK. I supposed. Now what? Was there a point to these questions? Absence of evidence is still evidence of absence. Do you know the difference between evidence and proof?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
There have been plenty of studies that show prayer to be effective.
I see that you have suddenly become a believer in some scientific studies. But what if the tests were done wrong or the data misconstrued?

If you had good data, reproducible data that prayer worked, it would be a better known fact than the sun dawns in the east.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#551364 Oct 15, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait! The salient point is that Hiding is not a Christian!

grrrrrr!

(hahaha, I love that joke.)

Fennario

#551365 Oct 15, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
i believe that you'll a have a llllllooooooonnnnnngggggg stretch of time to think about how much more respect you should have given Jesus the Christ, but you will have long forgotten anything related to felix the cat!
Are you shaking the chicken on a stick at me already? That was fast.

Location hidden

#551366 Oct 15, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? How am I mocking you?
First, I'm in agreement with you about gay rights. I just don't think they're only linked to black freedom, but freedom for all and the advancement of civil society.
Double Fine is a poster here - I'm making fun of him by making your name his, but including "Nice" in it. Double Nice Fine. If I wanted to poke fun at you, I'd write something using less nice words.
And I'm not a Christian.:)
I'll never be one. It's nice to have cognizant, moral Christians like yourself and Al on the threads to represent the good in your religion, but I disbelieve in all deities.
I'm pretty good at less nice words :)

I kinda like this DNF though. I don't care what people worship. It could be the bones of the Beagle hanging in their garage for all I care as long as they didn't kill it. Once dead always dead. All hail Snoopy.

Fennario

#551367 Oct 15, 2012
Martina Navratilover wrote:
So, you believe in the God and the Bible?
No. I don't believe in anything. Nor do I worship anything.

I believe that your god is a mythical creature, and that your bible is the myth it comes from.
Martina Navratilover wrote:
What promised peace and from who? What fruits of the spirit, love, joy, peace and from who? What faith and faith in who?
Exactly.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#551368 Oct 15, 2012
DNF wrote:
As I said I'm a gay man and Christian. For a long time now I've been praying for something to counter those who claim the civil rights struggle of blacks and that of gays have nothing in common.
Seems God answered my prayer today.
Check out:
South Africa officially recognizes Gay Pride flag as national symbol.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TR45IAC89...
I hope you don't mind, but I'm curious. As a gay Christian man, do you want the institution of marriage? Or is that a topic that doesn't interest you?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#551369 Oct 15, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
<< eyes misting - teardrop traces a path down cheek >>
.. but, but, but - you said you loved me. Were you just using me for your wanton pleasure ??..
No, I just have sooooo many 100$ bills that I needed to give away.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#551370 Oct 15, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been a topic of arguement for over ten thousand years. In a way, it is interesting to be a part of an endless unresolvable debate.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#551371 Oct 15, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty good at less nice words :)
I kinda like this DNF though. I don't care what people worship. It could be the bones of the Beagle hanging in their garage for all I care as long as they didn't kill it. Once dead always dead. All hail Snoopy.
So far, DNF is great. I really think his name should be Double Nice Fine, or perhaps Double Naughty Fine. Or how about "Denied No Freedom"? Yes, that's the best considering the news from SA.

Location hidden

#551372 Oct 15, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been a topic of arguement for over ten thousand years. In a way, it is interesting to be a part of an endless unresolvable debate.
I'm just here for the errant lesbians that wander into this thread.

Does that make me bad?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min guest 559,486
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min imagine 605,002
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 25 min Al Capone 5,109
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 51 min shyam 1,268
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 54 min who 265,142
Snapchat nudes. Girls add me and will send back... (May '14) 1 hr Dalton 34
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr SnuffAGlobalist 119,652
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Lost In Transition 175,630
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 16 hr Native Indian 5,520
More from around the web