DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#551283 Oct 15, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>It is not that simple by any means.
First of all, no BABIES are killed in abortion.
Second of all, birth control can and does fail.
Third of all, consent to sex is NOT consent to pregnancy.
Fourth of all, while adoption is a choice, it is NOT a cure-all by any means. There are hundreds and hundreds of thousands of babies and children available for adoption who no one wants.
The "supply" of children languishing in group homes and as wards of the state due to no one wanting them far exceeds the "demand" for these children.
Tell you what IS that simple:
NOT YOUR BODY? NOT YOUR UTERUS? NOT YOUR PREGNANCY? NOT YOUR Z/E/F?
THEN NOT YOUR CHOICE, NOT YOUR DECISION AND NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
See who SIMPLE that is?
And what is not at ALL simple- though quite simple-minded- would be to think that there is ANYTHING right about women being legally forced to remain pregnant against their will in order to be legally forced to give birth against their will to babies they do not WANT and do not LOVE.
At the VERY least, every baby born should come into this world with that of actually being WANTED and LOVED by the very person giving birth to them.
Though I agree with much of what you said, how does abortion relate to whether God exists?
RiversideRedneck

Santa Barbara, CA

#551284 Oct 15, 2012
ooo lala!
Now I parade my ignorance...
LMAO!
Hear that HL? I now have a parade of my own!
lol
stupid.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#551285 Oct 15, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather than breaking the 2nd law, it actually only works because of the second law. Life can only work in a universe with increasing entropy.
I do believe that James Lovelock said it was the other way around. James was a NASA scientist and was in charge of looking for life on Mars.
When asked about how or what to to look for for signs of life he said "I’d look for an entropy reduction, since this must be a general characteristic of life."
Thus, according to Lovelock, to find signs of life, one must look for a “reduction or a reversal of entropy.”

None the less, it does seem rather strange that we are seeing negative entropy here on Earth regarding life over the so called 4.5 billion years of evolution rather than in increase of disorder.

Evolution and entropy, entropy and evolution..... Doesn't quite add up. Just saying...

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#551286 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with 1, 2 & 4, but not 3.
If one consents to sex, one NEEDS to be responsible enough to risk pregnancy.
IMO, abortion should stay choice, but NOT paid for with taces. The couple took responsibility enough to get pregnant, thry can pay (or she can pay if she screwed some stranger while drunk).
So when a wife agrees to give her husband head she's hoping to get pregnant?

LMAO!

sorry off topic but I couldn't resist.
RiversideRedneck

Santa Barbara, CA

#551287 Oct 15, 2012
I tend to agree with ya, Aura.
The downfall of our economy started (and was caused by) the massive rise in real estate. Fraud bankers, realtors & buyers set the stage for what's now called "the great recession".
It wasn't Bush's fault OR Obama's....

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#551288 Oct 15, 2012
this whole thread has gone off topic.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#551289 Oct 15, 2012
DNF wrote:
My apologies to everyone else who is staying on topic of this thread. I was asked by a dear friend to read the post of that creature feature and comment if I wanted to.
As for this thread, as a Gay man and a Christian I don't have to prove anything to anyone. I believe in God. I worship God. Not some book cobbled together 1700 years ago by a blue ribbon panel of religious experts of the time at the order of a politician facing lots of civil unrest.
And for the nitpickers who complain when someone doesn't capitalize God or spell it G-D, get over yourselves. In some cases the writer may be referring to god as a concept not the God of us all. For others, it's a form of respect to God not to spell it out.
It's a shame when a religion goes from one of personal enlightenment and spiritual development to one of keeping lists of transgressions on your neighbors.
And I can respect you for that. You must find it irritating if not frustrating at times when the "nitpicking" gets in the way of the message I'm sure....

“God of War”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#551290 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
My point is, Hiding, that you don't know shit about the Great Pyramids. Your previous ignorant post proves that.
Nobody knows how they were built. Nobody.
You claimed to know. I caught ya.
Let's reverse it now, let's see how big YOUR balls are...
How is easy enough to understand , it doesn't take a frigging genius
to pile up rocks. The experiments on exactly what would work still exist also. They learned over time how to build them .

But like the moai on Easter Island answering why is a little harder
because it involves deciphering the philosophy of the Pharaohs.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#551291 Oct 15, 2012

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#551293 Oct 15, 2012
DNF wrote:
My apologies to everyone else who is staying on topic of this thread. I was asked by a dear friend to read the post of that creature feature and comment if I wanted to.
As for this thread, as a Gay man and a Christian I don't have to prove anything to anyone. I believe in God. I worship God. Not some book cobbled together 1700 years ago by a blue ribbon panel of religious experts of the time at the order of a politician facing lots of civil unrest.
And for the nitpickers who complain when someone doesn't capitalize God or spell it G-D, get over yourselves. In some cases the writer may be referring to god as a concept not the God of us all. For others, it's a form of respect to God not to spell it out.
It's a shame when a religion goes from one of personal enlightenment and spiritual development to one of keeping lists of transgressions on your neighbors.
Well said, sir!

“God of War”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#551294 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
ooo lala!
Now I parade my ignorance...
LMAO!
Hear that HL? I now have a parade of my own!
lol
stupid.

I'll have you know I'm coming after you though.

lol

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#551295 Oct 15, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It may have partially come from space.
Organic molecules are found in space, sure. I have troubles with the panspermia hypothesis, though.
RiversideRedneck

Santa Barbara, CA

#551296 Oct 15, 2012
Aura? Seriously?
"piling up rocks"?
It's a lot more involved than that.
To prove it.
Build on of your own. Small, of course. With chambers inside. Use archaic tools only.
Go 'head.
Try.
RiversideRedneck

Santa Barbara, CA

#551297 Oct 15, 2012
LMAO!
I knew it got quiet 'cuz Hiding was googlin her little ass off...
So then. Thanks, Hiding. YOU don't know how the pyramids were built just like the rest of us.
....she is human, after all!
RiversideRedneck

Santa Barbara, CA

#551298 Oct 15, 2012
Heya, Hiding?
One more question, then I'm off for the night.
Since you know so much about so much (but won't admit what you don't know).
How is it that you claim to know how the Egyptian Pyramids were built when no tools have been discovered?
RiversideRedneck

Santa Barbara, CA

#551299 Oct 15, 2012
lol.
Google that one for a while, little girl.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#551300 Oct 15, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>So when a wife agrees to give her husband head she's hoping to get pregnant? LMAO! sorry off topic but I couldn't resist.
.. hi ya DNF!..

.. welcome to the thread. We all look forward to your brilliant posts. You'll find many friends here and my woman including my woman, Yellodog (AKA: Pattiecake58)..

P.S. Don't let "Hiding From You" know that I'm fooling around with Yellodog.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#551301 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Tam, I know that science isn't trying isn't trying to prove God, but it seems that most scientists start on the premise that there is no God.
It seems foolish to start a search & already assume a few of the answers...
Why would scientists start on a premise of either there is a god or there is no god? Most scientists are looking at a particular subject, mainly to do with the natural world, and therefore things of the mind (except of course scientists whose specialty is things of the mind) are not really related to observation, and experimentation.

Those scientists that do research on the universe, the earth, and living things, though, have not come up with any evidence to suggest a deity is at all involved in these things. Should such an indication appear, I suspect they would do more research in that area.

Experiments have been conducted on the effect of group prayer on the outcome of illnesses, and the results that were found were either that prayer had no effect, or (as in a few trials) prayer led to a poorer result than the standard.

My theory on the poor results is that those being prayed for, assuming they knew that they were being prayed for and believed in the power of prayer, relaxed their own attempt to cure themselves (which is exactly what the body does, regardless of what method is used - medications only assist in that process), and thus did more poorly because they had stopped trying to get better, on the mistaken idea that God would answer the prayer and heal them, which actually never happens.

The rare case where someone appears to be healed by prayer would be due to the same factor but in reverse; the body healed itself because the person was confident he would get better, because 'God would heal him'(or alternatively coincidence). It is all in attitude of the sick person, and how that attitude affects the body's reactions to its illness.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#551302 Oct 15, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe that James Lovelock said it was the other way around. James was a NASA scientist and was in charge of looking for life on Mars.
When asked about how or what to to look for for signs of life he said "I’d look for an entropy reduction, since this must be a general characteristic of life."
Thus, according to Lovelock, to find signs of life, one must look for a “reduction or a reversal of entropy.”
None the less, it does seem rather strange that we are seeing negative entropy here on Earth regarding life over the so called 4.5 billion years of evolution rather than in increase of disorder.
Evolution and entropy, entropy and evolution..... Doesn't quite add up. Just saying...
Life consists of organized molecules and chemical processes that transfer energy. Their waste product - their entropy - is heat. That's the entropy you are looking for.

Evolution is a creative process that produces life to take advantage of energy - and it does so very well. Wherever you have excess energy, species evolve to harvest it.

So energy comes into the system from the sun and the center of the planet. It gets used to produce complex molecules, thereby binding the energy. These then get eaten by all manner of animals, who get eaten by other animals, who get eaten by other animals, etc., etc, who then get eaten eventually by fungus. At each step along the way, there's a decrease in energy through digestion (heat production as waste), and a corresponding lowered number of biomass.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#551303 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
LMAO!
I knew it got quiet 'cuz Hiding was googlin her little ass off...
So then. Thanks, Hiding. YOU don't know how the pyramids were built just like the rest of us.
....she is human, after all!
No, I was just giving you links. Pyramids are very old knowledge for me, as they should be for any person.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min lovewithin 39,634
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 min bacon hater 97,905
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min kent 574,310
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min Insults Are Easier 269,022
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 32 min Naked Truth from ... 608,243
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 42 min Hatti_Hollerand 1,637
what do americans think of mexicans? (Sep '08) 1 hr Luna34 392
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 14 hr viky235 164
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) Tue Coolsa 205
More from around the web