Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#551155 Oct 15, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheesh, I have never seen anyone of the human species having sex in public, other than on film or a video.
Woah!!!

...and HL said that I haven't lived...

Do it, booootsie. You're all old & shit, but it's never to late :)

Location hidden

#551156 Oct 15, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
How will we soon find that out? It has been shown by thousands, and actually generally accepted well over 100 years ago that the story of Noah and the Ark is a myth.
Sure. "generally accepted" by those who already didn't accept it ...

Kind of a catch 22, I'd say.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#551157 Oct 15, 2012
See *how* SIMPLE that is?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#551158 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, y'all ain't done yer homework...
Nor have you done yours.....

GOP senators block top Obama jobs initiative
By Ted Barrett, CNN
updated 8:29 PM EDT, Thu July 19, 2012

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/19/politics/senate...

Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas- A bill that would have eliminated a tax break that companies get when they ship jobs overseas. Republicans blocked this, allowing companies to keep the tax break they receive when they ship jobs to other countries.

Political Ad disclosure bill- Would have required all donors to political campaigns to reveal themselves. Republicans blocked this, not once but twice.

Subpoena Power for the Committee investigating the BP Oil Spill – Give subpoena power to the independent committee responsible for investigating BP’s roll in the oil spill. Republicans attempted to block this.

The Small Business Jobs Act -would give LOCAL, community banks access to billions of dollars to loan to small businesses. Republicans blocked this, then attempted to block it a second time and failed.

The DREAM Act- Gives immigrant youth who were brought here as children a path to citizenship by earning a college degree or serving the military for 2 years. Republicans blocked this.

Repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”- Would have repealed the law that forces gay and lesbian services members to lie about their sexuality and gives the military the right to discharge soldiers based on their sexuality. Republicans blocked this many times and Democrats were finally able to pass it with the support of just 2 Republicans.

Benefits for Homeless Veterans- Would have expanded benefits to homeless veterans and homeless veterans with children. Republicans blocked this.

Affordable Health Care For America Act- Prevents insurance companies from discriminating against you on the basis of “pre-existing conditions”. Requires that insurance companies spend 85 cents of every dollar that you pay on your actual health care. Limits health insurance companies profit margins. Republicans blocked this for months before it finally passed and have vowed to repeal it if they are elected.

Health Care for the 9/11 First Responders who got sick from being at Ground Zero- Would provide billions of dollars in health care to help the 9/11 First Responders who were at Ground Zero on 9/11 and are now sick because of it. Republicans blocked this.

The Jobs Bill- Offsets the payroll tax for 1 year for companies that hire new employees, or people receiving unemployment insurance. Also gives other tax incentives to companies hiring new employees. Republicans attempted to block this.

Wall Street Reform- Puts stricter regulations on the banks, preventing them from becoming “too big to fail”. Curbs reckless spending practices that caused the banking crisis. Republicans attempted to block this.

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act- Pumped billions of dollars into state and local Governments to prevent us from sinking into a second Great Depression. Republicans opposed this but now want to take credit for the parts of it that we know are successful.

Oil Spill Liability- Raises the liability on what companies can be made to pay to clean up after an oil spill. Republicans blocked this.

Immigration Reform- Republican suggested comprehensive immigration reform until Obama supported it. Now they’re rabidly opposed to it and even voted against their own legislation. Republicans blocked this.

Fair Pay Act of 2009- Also called the Lily Ledbetter bill. Requires that women receive equal compensation to men for doing the same work. Republicans attempted to block this.

http://www.woodcountydemocrats.com/index.php...

Your post edited for space.

“Ask me who I am and I”

Since: Sep 12

will tell you the same

#551159 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's sad...
Is he 13?
Yeah.
But, I would say fortunately, he is blessed.
I have had sex before marriage, a sin, drank at bars, a sin, even did party drugging, a sin, those are not badges of honor, but treks through sin on the way to Christ.

As Christians we know that the world will not miss us, but the true question is whether we miss the world.-Happy Christian.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#551160 Oct 15, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so polite.
I would call his opinions idiotic.
Or moronic.
Or maybe doltish.
I've come to the opinion that jugheaded buffoon is the most appropriate term possible.

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

#551161 Oct 15, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheesh, I have never seen anyone of the human species having sex in public, other than on film or a video.
Yet, many of us have and children have been exposed to this.

Boooots say this "What I have seen or experienced is limited to and limited by me."

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

#551162 Oct 15, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
How will we soon find that out? It has been shown by thousands, and actually generally accepted well over 100 years ago that the story of Noah and the Ark is a myth.
Yet, you lie again. Post a link, or be labeled again as "boooots the liar".

Don't bother with the link, we know you are lying and desperate to convince yourself that your wasted life is only maggot food so where is the waste in waste. You were lied to, life has value, our earth ship(body) does not.

Location hidden

#551163 Oct 15, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>It is not that simple by any means.
First of all, no BABIES are killed in abortion.
Second of all, birth control can and does fail.
Third of all, consent to sex is NOT consent to pregnancy.
Fourth of all, while adoption is a choice, it is NOT a cure-all by any means.
I agree with 1, 2 & 4, but not 3.

If one consents to sex, one NEEDS to be responsible enough to risk pregnancy.

IMO, abortion should stay choice, but NOT paid for with taces. The couple took responsibility enough to get pregnant, thry can pay (or she can pay if she screwed some stranger while drunk).

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#551164 Oct 15, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I'd like to know, what, if anything, you think would be right about women being legally forced to remain pregnant against their will in order to be legally forced to give birth against their will to babies they do not want and do not love.

[clipped for room for my lengthy post]

Those who perform abortions are medically trained DOCTORS and most often are OB/GYNs and in their practices, performing abortions is only a VERY small percentage of the care and treatment they provide to women.
Your post edited for space.
But if you can come up with anything valid as to why ANY woman should ever have to remain pregnant against her will, I'm listening.From what I can see, forced pregnancy would be just as despicable as forced abortion.
I was not trying to offend you, OCB; just stating my personal opinion, about a very contentious topic.

In the case of a one night stand where the man and woman never meet again, then if the woman does get pregnant, because one or both failed to use safe sex, then the woman would likely be the only one who would even know about the pregnancy, and so her choice would only affect her (and the unborn 2 or so cells).

If when I was able to fertilize a woman's egg, which I was only able to do, and only did with one woman, up to that point, who just happened to have been married to me for 12 years, almost exactly, and we had two kids in school, and my wife came home one day and told me she was pregnant, and then a day or two later told me that she had gone to a doctor and had a legal abortion, I suspect likely that would have ended our marriage.

That child would have been a product of a married couple having
sex within a marriage, when the usual expected result of having sex with the same person over an extended period of time is pregnancy and later one of more children to raise, and therefore, I think that the man rightly should have some say in the outcome of any egg he had a part in fertilizing.

Certainly for the woman to have an abortion without even confiding in her husband to determine what he felt about doing it, would be an act of betrayal, IMO.

On the other hand, if the woman became pregnant, and after seeing her doctor who confirmed the pregnancy, the doctor told her that, if she carried the baby to full term, firstly she likely wouldn't survive the pregnancy herself, due to some health issue she had, and secondly, if she did survive the baby would be horribly mentally and/or physically handicapped, then I think I would very likely decide that abortion was the best alternative for everyone.

If a man picks up a woman at a bar, and gets her drunk and then has consensual sex with her, and she finds herself pregnant, then I think in that case his rights have been somewhat reduced because the sex act itself was not done with the ability of both to make a rational decision.

That would not however justify the woman getting an abortion, because the future baby is still an entity that also has rights, and after the moment of birth has all of the rights as all other human beings. It seems not quite fair that that child has no rights up until it pushes its way, or is torn, from its mothers uterus.

It is not a fighting issue with me, though. I just don't agree that voluntary abortion simply because of convenience is something that should be encouraged.

You mentioned the pregnant woman's life. Yes, if her life is endangered, abortion is justified, but not just if it is somewhat inconvenienced. Is even a wanted pregnancy always the most convenient state for a woman?

I was using 'abortionist' to mean anyone who approved of abortion. Probably the wrong usage.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#551165 Oct 15, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the only thing we can do.
But int he same motion - supply them with the facts that they don't realize exist.
Cheers!
Wassail!

Location hidden

#551166 Oct 15, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Nor have you done yours.....
GOP senators block top Obama jobs initiative
CHE-HAW!!

"Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas". Obama loooves that one!

The Small Business Jobs Act - takes tax money we don't have to give!

The DREAM Act - illegal aliens do NOT have American rights and have NO right to free college!

Affordable Health Care For America Act - Of course! Remember what dumb ass Pelosi said? "lets pass this bill so we can find out what's in it."
No smart person would pass a bill they don't understand...

The Jobs Bill - Again, tax money from where? We don't have it to give out!

Immigration Reform - what's wrongwith the way it is? Democrats wanted this for votes, not the well-being of America.

Fair Pay Act of 2009 - whiney women law? You'd really want a law that forces employers how much they have to pay their employees?!?

I'm glad to be Republican.

(had to edit)

“wat doet een Doozer doen?”

Location hidden

#551167 Oct 15, 2012
what do you guys think of the woman with cancer who was denied chemotherapy because it would kill her fetus, who then miscarried anyway and died shortly after? What about her right to life? would you not die to save your moms life?

If you were a fetus, wouldn't you rather exist in limbo than be born, live a miserable life with parents who didn't care about you, and then die and go to hell?
OCB

Hollywood, FL

#551168 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
CHE-HAW!!
"Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas". Obama loooves that one!
The Small Business Jobs Act - takes tax money we don't have to give!
The DREAM Act - illegal aliens do NOT have American rights and have NO right to free college!
Affordable Health Care For America Act - Of course! Remember what dumb ass Pelosi said? "lets pass this bill so we can find out what's in it."
No smart person would pass a bill they don't understand...
The Jobs Bill - Again, tax money from where? We don't have it to give out!
Immigration Reform - what's wrongwith the way it is? Democrats wanted this for votes, not the well-being of America.
Fair Pay Act of 2009 - whiney women law? You'd really want a law that forces employers how much they have to pay their employees?!?
I'm glad to be Republican.
(had to edit)
I'm not gonna address your entire post but to the last- first of all, it's called equal pay for equal work- and secondly, you have heard of minimum wage laws- both on the federal and state levels, haven't you?

Those laws force employers to pay no less than a certain wage and why should that wage be any less for women than it is for men?

Location hidden

#551169 Oct 15, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't is something? And yes- every single step of the way, the Repubs have tried to block every single thing Obama as tried to accomplish.
Probably because most of the shit Obama's trying to do is anti-American & the Repubs don't like that.

Location hidden

#551170 Oct 15, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not trying to offend you, OCB
Good luck with that!

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#551171 Oct 15, 2012
Martina Navratilover wrote:
<quoted text>I have drawyers of sleep medication, that I refuse to take and I told my doctor. He keeps giving it to me,
Perhaps he's hoping you will take them all at once.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#551172 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because too many theoretical scientists are bias.
They have the answer first.-evolution is real-
Then make all their questions go along with their pre-made answer.
I'm not talking normal science, like you gave the chemistry example. I'm talking theoretical evolutionary bias scientists.
That is creationism you are describing. That's why it is pseudoscience.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#551173 Oct 15, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
What makes space expand? Where space would expand there is already space. Space is already there so it can't expand.
What makes space expand is TOO MANY SOCKS blowing HOT AIR at the same time!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#551174 Oct 15, 2012
Epic of Gilgamesh wrote:
<quoted text>Think "ICE AGE".
That was a literal story.
The movie?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Funny Ebola Limericks 3 min Curtis Lowe 1
Are You A Friend Or An Enemy To Humans? Read Th... 3 min End Of Days 3
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Dr_Zorderz 260,173
What Does America Owe Rush Limbaugh? 5 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEPEACE 5
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min guest 544,973
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min New Age Spiritual... 601,407
How to tell when a Topix poster doesn't have a ... 8 min Commander Bunny 11
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min WAKE UP 174,196
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min New Age Spiritual... 228,548

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE