Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#551275 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
LMAO Scar!
ummm....
Hershel!
lol
God doesn't have a name because He doesn't need or want one.
Which is why he's just called God.
Because He is.
Look at the above - its senseless nonsense. You just made it up. And you stupidly think that's knowledge.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#551276 Oct 15, 2012
My apologies to everyone else who is staying on topic of this thread. I was asked by a dear friend to read the post of that creature feature and comment if I wanted to.

As for this thread, as a Gay man and a Christian I don't have to prove anything to anyone. I believe in God. I worship God. Not some book cobbled together 1700 years ago by a blue ribbon panel of religious experts of the time at the order of a politician facing lots of civil unrest.

And for the nitpickers who complain when someone doesn't capitalize God or spell it G-D, get over yourselves. In some cases the writer may be referring to god as a concept not the God of us all. For others, it's a form of respect to God not to spell it out.

It's a shame when a religion goes from one of personal enlightenment and spiritual development to one of keeping lists of transgressions on your neighbors.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#551277 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Hiding, you show your contempt of Christianity & not religion in general.
You never capitalize God, but you always capitalize the other gods/religions, like you just did Vishnu & Hindu...
Why do you dislike Christians?
I always capitalize God when I'm referring to the Christian deity. When I'm referring to any god, I don't capitalize it.

I have contempt for people like you because you parade your ignorance like a badge of honor - and you work so hard to tell us all that we know as little as you do.
RiversideRedneck

Santa Barbara, CA

#551278 Oct 15, 2012
Limestone? lol
wiki much?
The passages, burial chambers & tombs were made of granite...
Guess what?
Copper can't cut granite.
Try again?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#551279 Oct 15, 2012
Martina Navratilover wrote:
<quoted text>What is telling is that there are m any lesbians here on Topix, who were married to men, had plenty of sex with men, and have children.
Wow you really are obsessed with gay sex. There are threads for that.

The topic here is the existence of God.

Guess we've all figured out by now what YOU worship.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#551280 Oct 15, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I'd rather say bye bye to a country as screwed up as the one he inherited from Bush.
You'd like us to go back to the same policies that nearly bankrupted us in the first place.
Not a very intelligent solution IMHO.
It wasn't policies that bankrupted the country , it was circumstances that would have happened no matter who was in charge of the country. It's only massive stupidity that can't see that.
RiversideRedneck

Santa Barbara, CA

#551281 Oct 15, 2012
No, no, no, Hiding....
Sure, you mY know the basics of building a pyramid & the procedures are well documented.
But it's the "HOW they did it" that you're clueless on.
2.3 million tons of limestone? How'd they get it so high?
You claim to know.....

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#551282 Oct 15, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Life came from Earth. Where do you think it came from?
It may have partially come from space.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#551283 Oct 15, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>It is not that simple by any means.
First of all, no BABIES are killed in abortion.
Second of all, birth control can and does fail.
Third of all, consent to sex is NOT consent to pregnancy.
Fourth of all, while adoption is a choice, it is NOT a cure-all by any means. There are hundreds and hundreds of thousands of babies and children available for adoption who no one wants.
The "supply" of children languishing in group homes and as wards of the state due to no one wanting them far exceeds the "demand" for these children.
Tell you what IS that simple:
NOT YOUR BODY? NOT YOUR UTERUS? NOT YOUR PREGNANCY? NOT YOUR Z/E/F?
THEN NOT YOUR CHOICE, NOT YOUR DECISION AND NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
See who SIMPLE that is?
And what is not at ALL simple- though quite simple-minded- would be to think that there is ANYTHING right about women being legally forced to remain pregnant against their will in order to be legally forced to give birth against their will to babies they do not WANT and do not LOVE.
At the VERY least, every baby born should come into this world with that of actually being WANTED and LOVED by the very person giving birth to them.
Though I agree with much of what you said, how does abortion relate to whether God exists?
RiversideRedneck

Santa Barbara, CA

#551284 Oct 15, 2012
ooo lala!
Now I parade my ignorance...
LMAO!
Hear that HL? I now have a parade of my own!
lol
stupid.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#551285 Oct 15, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather than breaking the 2nd law, it actually only works because of the second law. Life can only work in a universe with increasing entropy.
I do believe that James Lovelock said it was the other way around. James was a NASA scientist and was in charge of looking for life on Mars.
When asked about how or what to to look for for signs of life he said "I’d look for an entropy reduction, since this must be a general characteristic of life."
Thus, according to Lovelock, to find signs of life, one must look for a “reduction or a reversal of entropy.”

None the less, it does seem rather strange that we are seeing negative entropy here on Earth regarding life over the so called 4.5 billion years of evolution rather than in increase of disorder.

Evolution and entropy, entropy and evolution..... Doesn't quite add up. Just saying...

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#551286 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with 1, 2 & 4, but not 3.
If one consents to sex, one NEEDS to be responsible enough to risk pregnancy.
IMO, abortion should stay choice, but NOT paid for with taces. The couple took responsibility enough to get pregnant, thry can pay (or she can pay if she screwed some stranger while drunk).
So when a wife agrees to give her husband head she's hoping to get pregnant?

LMAO!

sorry off topic but I couldn't resist.
RiversideRedneck

Santa Barbara, CA

#551287 Oct 15, 2012
I tend to agree with ya, Aura.
The downfall of our economy started (and was caused by) the massive rise in real estate. Fraud bankers, realtors & buyers set the stage for what's now called "the great recession".
It wasn't Bush's fault OR Obama's....

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#551288 Oct 15, 2012
this whole thread has gone off topic.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#551289 Oct 15, 2012
DNF wrote:
My apologies to everyone else who is staying on topic of this thread. I was asked by a dear friend to read the post of that creature feature and comment if I wanted to.
As for this thread, as a Gay man and a Christian I don't have to prove anything to anyone. I believe in God. I worship God. Not some book cobbled together 1700 years ago by a blue ribbon panel of religious experts of the time at the order of a politician facing lots of civil unrest.
And for the nitpickers who complain when someone doesn't capitalize God or spell it G-D, get over yourselves. In some cases the writer may be referring to god as a concept not the God of us all. For others, it's a form of respect to God not to spell it out.
It's a shame when a religion goes from one of personal enlightenment and spiritual development to one of keeping lists of transgressions on your neighbors.
And I can respect you for that. You must find it irritating if not frustrating at times when the "nitpicking" gets in the way of the message I'm sure....

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#551290 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
My point is, Hiding, that you don't know shit about the Great Pyramids. Your previous ignorant post proves that.
Nobody knows how they were built. Nobody.
You claimed to know. I caught ya.
Let's reverse it now, let's see how big YOUR balls are...
How is easy enough to understand , it doesn't take a frigging genius
to pile up rocks. The experiments on exactly what would work still exist also. They learned over time how to build them .

But like the moai on Easter Island answering why is a little harder
because it involves deciphering the philosophy of the Pharaohs.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#551291 Oct 15, 2012

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#551293 Oct 15, 2012
DNF wrote:
Well said, sir!

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#551294 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
ooo lala!
Now I parade my ignorance...
LMAO!
Hear that HL? I now have a parade of my own!
lol
stupid.

I'll have you know I'm coming after you though.

lol

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#551295 Oct 15, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It may have partially come from space.
Organic molecules are found in space, sure. I have troubles with the panspermia hypothesis, though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min confrinting with ... 584,229
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min Commander Bunny 270,667
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 31 min Neelakaran 6,295
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 39 min Freebird USA 9,329
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 3,459
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr cheer the f up 121,655
Derrick Briggs 1 hr Zombie Corpse Rental 4
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr duststorm 442,869
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr truth 611,849
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 hr karvinman 176,528
More from around the web