Prove there's a god.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#551369 Oct 15, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
<< eyes misting - teardrop traces a path down cheek >>
.. but, but, but - you said you loved me. Were you just using me for your wanton pleasure ??..
No, I just have sooooo many 100$ bills that I needed to give away.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#551370 Oct 15, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. So after the first page of: Prove there isn't one. Prove there is one.
Who'd a thunk after half a million posts later that we'd still be here. I've only been here for about a year. I've been compiling a list of "Fundie" adjectives used and "Athetard" adjectives used. I'm a nerd. Pleased to meet you and best wishes.
It has been a topic of arguement for over ten thousand years. In a way, it is interesting to be a part of an endless unresolvable debate.

Some stable somewhere

#551371 Oct 15, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty good at less nice words :)
I kinda like this DNF though. I don't care what people worship. It could be the bones of the Beagle hanging in their garage for all I care as long as they didn't kill it. Once dead always dead. All hail Snoopy.
So far, DNF is great. I really think his name should be Double Nice Fine, or perhaps Double Naughty Fine. Or how about "Denied No Freedom"? Yes, that's the best considering the news from SA.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#551372 Oct 15, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been a topic of arguement for over ten thousand years. In a way, it is interesting to be a part of an endless unresolvable debate.
I'm just here for the errant lesbians that wander into this thread.

Does that make me bad?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#551373 Oct 15, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just here for the errant lesbians that wander into this thread.
Does that make me bad?
Nope. Did you know that the Bible doesn't prohibit lesbianism ? It only prohibits male homosexuality.

Intersesting, eh ?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#551374 Oct 15, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Popeye, because I yam (what I yam).
Wimpy?
Good Idea.

They could retain the tradition of anointing with Olive Oil.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#551375 Oct 15, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? How am I mocking you?
First, I'm in agreement with you about gay rights. I just don't think they're only linked to black freedom, but freedom for all and the advancement of civil society.
Double Fine is a poster here - I'm making fun of him by making your name his, but including "Nice" in it. Double Nice Fine. If I wanted to poke fun at you, I'd write something using less nice words.
And I'm not a Christian.:)
I'll never be one. It's nice to have cognizant, moral Christians like yourself and Al on the threads to represent the good in your religion, but I disbelieve in all deities.
another pose called me on my error. I'm glad you did as well so I can apologize to you directly.

I'm sorry. I had you confused with someone else on here and don't even remember what prompted me to write what I did to you.

And my thanks for your kind words about me.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#551376 Oct 15, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
When you take narcotics continually for chronic pain, your doctor is expected to do random urine tests to make sure that you're taking the medications and not selling them. If there is no evidence of the metabolites in your urine, that's evidence that the drugs are absent from your system.
Martina Navratilover wrote:
That is a lie. Doctors do not give random urine tests to make sure you are taking the medication.
You are mistaken. It is a common practice, as any of the links in this Google search can confirm: https://www.google.com/search...
I have drawyers of sleep medication, that I refuse to take and I told my doctor. He keeps giving it to me, and I keep pointing them in my drawyer.
Irrelevant. I said narcotics for chronic pain, nor soporifics for insomnia.
When I almost chopped my hand off, I was prescibine codeine, highly salable and still not one urine test. The only evidence is that you lied.
Same answer. Irrelevant. I said chronic pain therapy.

The evidence is that you don't know much about pharmaceuticals, and are quick to call your own errors the lies of others.

Furthermore, you missed the point of the comment, which doesn't depend on it being true that urine drug testing is ever actually done. Even if it weren't, it would still remain true that if the test were done, the absence of evidence of opioid metabolites in the urine is evidence of their absence from the blood system.

Fennario

#551377 Oct 15, 2012
I can give 100s of examples of prayer working, which exceed your standard.
No, that fails to meet my standard. My standard is peer reviewed, sufficiently powered, prospective, randomized, placebo controlled, double blinded studies with reproducible results that demonstrate the power of prayer.

BTW, the plural of anecdote is not "data."
When my father no longer has terminal cancer and diabetes and is healed without missing one day of work, and my brother and I spend hours in prayer which all said was pointless, and my dad described is point of healing as angelic like and it coincides with our prayers, I know that is evidence and so do you.
That's an anecdote, about the weakest form of evidence of anything. It is not evidence of the effect of prayer. As you so deftly pointed out with my anecdote about my mother on another thread, there is no reason to accept such claims from strangers as facts or proven. That is why scientific claims of fact need reproducible data to support them.
When I pray and tell God that His word says so, so it must be so, and I expect God to do what He says and He does, then I know prayer works and so do you.
Actually, I know that prayer hasn't work whenever studied scientifically.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#551378 Oct 15, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Idea.
They could retain the tradition of anointing with Olive Oil.
Love it

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#551379 Oct 15, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So far, DNF is great. I really think his name should be Double Nice Fine, or perhaps Double Naughty Fine. Or how about "Denied No Freedom"? Yes, that's the best considering the news from SA.
I prefer DOES NOT FEAR. Or Dear New Friend.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#551380 Oct 15, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Did you know that the Bible doesn't prohibit lesbianism ? It only prohibits male homosexuality.
Intersesting, eh ?
Did you know that I like Swan Song by Robert McCammon better than I do the Bible by ?.

It's much easier reading and much more believable.

Who doesn't like a good apocalyptic read without Jesus fuckineverything up?

Fennario

#551381 Oct 15, 2012
“It must be quite galling for religious people to see atheists like me going about their business without a shred of guilt or self-loathing, and not in the least inclined to pray or to do penance of any kind, and not in the slightest bit worried about any form of eternal punishment. I have to admit if I was religious I'd probably think to myself: "How come I've got all this weight on my shoulders while these bums are getting a free ride?" – Pat Condell
So, why did you use Pat Condell's words
Because I liked the way he formulated the thought.
The drug use, random unfulfilled sex acts, straights experiencing gay sex and tran sex, alcohol abuse, wife beating, self beating, etc. are not acts of no guilt but are acts of self loathing.
What drug and use and random sex acts? Are you assuming that those thing characterize Condell's life, and that is what he is referring to when he made that comment?

Some stable somewhere

#551382 Oct 15, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I prefer DOES NOT FEAR. Or Dear New Friend.
Both are great!

Some stable somewhere

#551383 Oct 15, 2012
I have drawyers of sleep medication, that I refuse to take and I told my doctor. He keeps giving it to me, and I keep pointing them in my drawyer.
He doesn't like listening to you either, huh?

Has he, by chance, also given you a bottle of alcohol to take with one of those boxes? I don't recommend it, but I'm just curious how fed up your doctor is with you.

:)

Fennario

#551384 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a creationist. I believe in evolution through Creation.
That's self-contradictory, as are biblical Creationism and evolutionary science.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What you call big bang, I call God.
What you call "God," I call Jehovah-Jesus. Jehovah-Jesus allegedly created space in less than a day. That's not the Big Bang, which has been occurring over some 13.7 billion years, and is still in progress.

I understand that you intend to continue believing in your god whatever evidence against it arises. But the evidence of science rules out biblical Creationism, and for people not committed to believing it on faith, its pages refute the god it claims created the universe as Genesis describes.

Fennario

#551385 Oct 16, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Jesus is the ONLY God that has defeated death....
Hardly. From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dying_god

"A dying god, also known as a dying-and-rising or resurrection deity, is a god who dies and is resurrected or reborn, in either a literal or symbolic sense ... Male examples include the ancient Near Eastern and Greek deities Baal, Melqart, Adonis, Eshmun, Attis Tammuz, Asclepius, Orpheus, as well as Ra the Sun god with its fusion with Osiris/Orion, Jesus, Zalmoxis, Dionysus, and Odin."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“wat doet een Doozer doen?”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#551386 Oct 16, 2012
“Faith isn't an act of intelligence, it's an act of imagination. Every time you give them a new metaphor, a mustard seed, a field, a garden, a vineyard, it's like pointing something out to a cat - the cat looks at your finger, not at what you're pointing at. They don't need to understand it, they only need to believe, and they do. They imagine the kingdom as they need it to be, they don't need to grasp it, it's there already, they can let it be. Imagination, not intellect.”
&#8213; Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal

Fennario

#551387 Oct 16, 2012
DNF wrote:
Paging Dr. Freud. Closet Case room 1.
http://www.pinkfreud.blogger.com.br/PinkFreuD... [image of Freudian slip]
Hidingfromyou

Pomona, CA

#551388 Oct 16, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>I have drawyers of sleep medication, that I refuse to take and I told my doctor. He keeps giving it to me, and I keep putting them in my drawyer.
He doesn't like listening to you either, huh?
Has he, by chance, also given you a bottle of alcohol to take with one of those boxes? I don't recommend it, but I'm just curious how fed up your doctor is with you.
:

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 28 min Catcher1 101,231
I love you sister Joyce Meyer 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Liamm 670,552
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,310
hurricane hyjinks by yin katz 6 hr yin katz 4
lsexting 7 hr splashshane 1
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 8 hr Pres Mr Donald J ... 91
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr btcmacroecon 286,473
More from around the web