|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
"For all intents & purposes"?!?
...and that's good enough for evolutionists!
lol
...not good enough for me.
Science has proven many things, but not evolution.
odd.
Are you on your phone?

I posted a link to a picture of a walking fish. It's a fish that has legs. People keep them for pets.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

i dont think that there is GOD in the world

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Martina Navratilover wrote:
<quoted text>What? Do you comprehend the ridiculousness in posting that you "previously stated you would no longer post to me" and then doing it. So, when did you decide it was the case, the second you pushed "post comment" or the second after? THINK, boooots, it will prevent much laughter towards you.
You 'stated' that you are someone who I previously stated I would no longer post to. That is when I knew. I still don't know which person that is, but it is insignificant as you don't seem to have all your cylinders firing anyway.
I have continued to post to some of your posts today because I am finding it increasingly unbelievable that a person who claims to be so knowledgeable, as you seem to, can be so clueless. Then you go and quote a creationist link and that pretty well decides for sure that you are a crackpot. Are you not aware that a creationist site is not a reliable source of information on anything, other than if someone wants to know what is posted on a creationist site?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

If non-Christians do not care what Jesus thinks about homosexual sin, murder, biblical marriage, etc. then why have gays burn and fire bomb over 150 churches since 2008, disrupted MLK's Ebeneezer Baptist Church in Atlanta on Inauguration day, and have gotten FBI records for disrupting the DNC and RNC convention?
I have no idea if any of that happened, but it would be irrelevant to the point I made whether it did or not.
What you are saying is that you do not mind churches, so long as they stay within four walls and Christians do not live in their communities and in politics as Christ would.
I don't mind your personal faith - in your home, private business and churches. Feel free to live however you like, and I'll do the same.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
Please have some sensitivity and don't post CARM sites here. Those people, especially that Matt Slick are real crackpots. Slick has a great last name. It suits him.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know about that. That was why I did not say that the claims of soft tissue being found were not true. But what we call soft tissue and creationists call soft tissue are two different things. And here are my links, one is a video by Potholer54 debunking the creationist claims in regards to this find:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
And an article where the Christian paleontologist who discovered the soft tissue reacts to the claims of YEC's:
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/...
Creationists love to take a science discovery and distort it to meet their own foul ends.
Yes it is true , but she claims the tissue contains amino acids and traces of DNA. This come as much to the surprise to all
but if it does show one thing clearly. And that is that the fossilization process is not fully understood as once thought.
I'm not sure if the DNA can be sequenced , it maybe to fragmented.
But it is there and they may yet find a way to do it.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

DHrita wrote:
i dont think that there is GOD in the world
What about the goddess Matsu, from Meizhou?

Ni hao!!

“Deities do not exist.”

Since: Mar 11

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
"For all intents & purposes"?!?
...and that's good enough for evolutionists!
lol
...not good enough for me.
Science has proven many things, but not evolution.
odd.
If science has proven anything, it has proven evolution.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>So, YOU, do not know and strangely, it is you who lives your life as to not know any gays. You are so quit to call people homophobes, when you are like the racist who claims that he saw a black in a market once so he is not racist. I have gay friends and have kept them for years, and I have kept my views as well. I also have friends who are illegal aliens, and I oppose them being here illegally. If the government deported them, I would say, you got caught I will visit you when I can.
One of may favorite high school teachers was gay. Our church secretary and local town pharmacist was also gay. Our well loved music store operator was a lesbian, and her mother, a single mother for many years as her husband died quite young from one of the diseases of 70 or so years ago, was my music teacher for a while when I was in elementary school. Her girlfriend was in our church choir.

The best friends of my parents had a gay son who was a day younger than my second sister, and we saw them often as children. The above mentioned are all dead now, most due to age related illnesses. The friend who was my sister's age died of cancer in his mid to late 50s.

I just don't happen to be acquainted with any gays at this point in time, at least none that I have any contact with.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Awh, clam up, boooots is only 67, basely retirement age. Besides you sick and pollution posts from last night do not give you in room to talk. Yeah, when you apologize, it would be nice, mature and classy.
It is a manipulation game for you, so go back and finish your booze, from last night.
Don't make me older than I am. When did I get to be 67? Actually in just over 2 months I will be 66, so you are out only a year and some. I am retired.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yes it is true , but she claims the tissue contains amino acids and traces of DNA. This come as much to the surprise to all
but if it does show one thing clearly. And that is that the fossilization process is not fully understood as once thought.
I'm not sure if the DNA can be sequenced , it maybe to fragmented.
But it is there and they may yet find a way to do it.
From my understanding no DNA was found, it is still too fragile, though her discovery was still quite amazing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
By the way, why are we even discussing evolution here? The name of the thread is "Prove there is a god". Evolution does not prove the nonexistence of god, though you would think so by the way that creatards react.
The title is an obvious challenge to believers in god that they need to supply some sort of evidence that supports the existence of god. I have not seen any evidence supporting the existence of god yet.
Well you have seen the same as we all have because no evidence has been presented here yet. We have though had a lot of nonsense thrown at us as evidence. The problem is those acting on behalf of the believing community are a poor sample, mostly uneducated, and extremely naive people, who make statements that most educated people would know won't fly in a discussion of this nature, and/or they spend their time attacking the posters rather than providing any evidence.

We also have some who have presented the same non-evidence over 1000 times (just one person). These people seem to not understand that a correct refutation of a point means it won't work next time, or the 1000th time.

Some of the believers here are so hate-filled and/or bigoted that they can't get around that to use their brains.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, and welcome to Topix. I see that this is your first post.
I'm Catcher.
I zapped out of thin air one day.
My brother, who is an only child, came from a dag gone monkey (from the Daggone region, in Central Africa).
And yes, I was in an accident and survived well, thanks to the doctors' god-given tools.
Again, welcome.
Oh, one thing. You need to work on your punctuation.
Say, Catcher, when you were in the hosp. recovering, did ya happen ta notice any equip or tools with 'made in heaven' stamped in/on 'em?

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Say, Catcher, when you were in the hosp. recovering, did ya happen ta notice any equip or tools with 'made in heaven' stamped in/on 'em?
No, but two gorgeous nurses had halos over their heads.

And they had been endowed by their creator with two incredible assets.

I woke up with a rise, as you may imagine.

God is great.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
If science has proven anything, it has proven evolution.

By consilience it does, but you have to be smart enough to see it.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
I've read from quite a few different sources that Austin's work(which the link you gave utilized and referenced) was disingenuous in that the sample(1 sample, btw) from Mt. St. Helens submitted to Geochron Labs for testing was outside of the 2 million year old lower end threshold of stated accuracy.

The test wasn't intended to date young samples.

Austin collected a sample, intentionally, that fell outside of the limits of K-Ar radiometric testing accuracy, then used the obtained results to try and indicate that radiometric testing was inaccurate.

Also, none of the common tests that are usually performed along with the K-Ar radiometric to cross reference and rule out possible errors were requested to be done, either.

Dishonest from the very start.
newsphotos

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

ANTICHRIST in Jewish Temple_________

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
From my understanding no DNA was found, it is still too fragile, though her discovery was still quite amazing.
There is a controversy over it , whether it is or not is still the subject of much debate.

Schweitzer first publicly announced her discovery in 1993.[10][11] Since then, the claim of discovering soft tissues in a 68 million year old fossil has been disputed by some molecular biologists. Later research[12] published in PLoS ONE (30 July 2008) challenged the claims that the material found is the soft tissue of Tyrannosaurus. The successful extraction of ancient DNA from dinosaur fossils has been reported on two separate occasions, but, upon further inspection and peer review, neither of these reports could be confirmed. The extraction of protein from dinosaur fossils has been confirmed.[13]

*** A more recent study (October 2010) published in PLoS ONE contradicts the conclusion of Kaye and supports Schweitzer's original conclusion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Higby_Schwe...

The problem is it maybe too fragmented to sequence not sure but we will know in the future.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but two gorgeous nurses had halos over their heads.
And they had been endowed by their creator with two incredible assets.
I woke up with a rise, as you may imagine.
God is great.
hahahahahah! That was great!

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>hahahahahah! That was great!
That it was.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 523,601 - 523,620 of715,630
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

466 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min WasteWater 255,476
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min Johnny 1,358
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min RoSesz 529,569
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min Aura Mytha 222,979
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 33 min The Awakener 171,378
Starpower - Ladies dance competition 33 min PDX Dave 1
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 59 min WasteWater 3,848
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 93,103
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Zioni 114,497
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 7 hr Carly 107
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••