“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#550876 Oct 14, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I don't straw man (misrepresent) evolution.
I narrow it down to what they've claimed it to be.
When I say "a fish grew legs", I know they think that was a long, long time, not a *poof*.
The funny thing is, evolution is the world's biggest damn guess...
That is funny, and completely untrue.

Is that why you think it's funny?

I think it's funny because you think it's funny. I find the irony of it funny.

You DO misrepresent evolution. How could you avoid that, and still talk about it?

Embrace the grey.

#550877 Oct 14, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"For all intents & purposes"?!?
...and that's good enough for evolutionists!
lol
...not good enough for me.
Science has proven many things, but not evolution.
odd.
Haha!

You responded almost exactly how I predicted.

I was in the middle of writing my prediction in a post to Hiding and decided to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#550878 Oct 14, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
Yes, I know about that. That was why I did not say that the claims of soft tissue being found were not true. But what we call soft tissue and creationists call soft tissue are two different things. And here are my links, one is a video by Potholer54 debunking the creationist claims in regards to this find:

&lr =1

And an article where the Christian paleontologist who discovered the soft tissue reacts to the claims of YEC's:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/...

Creationists love to take a science discovery and distort it to meet their own foul ends.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#550879 Oct 14, 2012
Martina Navratilover wrote:
<quoted text>You do not understand the concept of retirement. You are focused on retiring from a job.
It sounds to me like you're the one that doesn't understand what retirement is. It's from working.
A city worker with 25 years in Los Angeles would be dumb to not retire at age 55. That does not mean that he chooses to be productive, that is why I say that poor people and the uneducated retire.
What?

I don't work because I don't need to. You seem to be critical about that. Is that correct?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#550880 Oct 14, 2012
foreversweetness wrote:
<quoted text>
You want proof there is a God you prove there isn't. I don't have to prove there is a God to anyone I know there is and if you don't believe in him that is your right but you can't prove there is not a God. Where do you think you came from just zapped out of thin air I don't think so and I didn't come from no dag gone monkey either. Have you ever been in an accident and survived well if you did you would probably say it was the doctors that saved your life and the only reason they did was because God gave them the tools and knowledge to do that
Hi, and welcome to Topix. I see that this is your first post.

I'm Catcher.

I zapped out of thin air one day.

My brother, who is an only child, came from a dag gone monkey (from the Daggone region, in Central Africa).

And yes, I was in an accident and survived well, thanks to the doctors' god-given tools.

Again, welcome.

Oh, one thing. You need to work on your punctuation.

Embrace the grey.

#550881 Oct 14, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
lol
odd.
Are you on your phone?

I posted a link to a picture of a walking fish. It's a fish that has legs. People keep them for pets.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#550882 Oct 14, 2012
i dont think that there is GOD in the world

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#550883 Oct 14, 2012
<quoted text>What? Do you comprehend the ridiculousness in posting that you "previously stated you would no longer post to me" and then doing it. So, when did you decide it was the case, the second you pushed "post comment" or the second after? THINK, boooots, it will prevent much laughter towards you.
You 'stated' that you are someone who I previously stated I would no longer post to. That is when I knew. I still don't know which person that is, but it is insignificant as you don't seem to have all your cylinders firing anyway.
I have continued to post to some of your posts today because I am finding it increasingly unbelievable that a person who claims to be so knowledgeable, as you seem to, can be so clueless. Then you go and quote a creationist link and that pretty well decides for sure that you are a crackpot. Are you not aware that a creationist site is not a reliable source of information on anything, other than if someone wants to know what is posted on a creationist site?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#550884 Oct 14, 2012
If non-Christians do not care what Jesus thinks about homosexual sin, murder, biblical marriage, etc. then why have gays burn and fire bomb over 150 churches since 2008, disrupted MLK's Ebeneezer Baptist Church in Atlanta on Inauguration day, and have gotten FBI records for disrupting the DNC and RNC convention?
I have no idea if any of that happened, but it would be irrelevant to the point I made whether it did or not.
What you are saying is that you do not mind churches, so long as they stay within four walls and Christians do not live in their communities and in politics as Christ would.
I don't mind your personal faith - in your home, private business and churches. Feel free to live however you like, and I'll do the same.

Location hidden

#550885 Oct 14, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
Please have some sensitivity and don't post CARM sites here. Those people, especially that Matt Slick are real crackpots. Slick has a great last name. It suits him.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#550886 Oct 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know about that. That was why I did not say that the claims of soft tissue being found were not true. But what we call soft tissue and creationists call soft tissue are two different things. And here are my links, one is a video by Potholer54 debunking the creationist claims in regards to this find:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fgpSrUWQplEXX&lr=1
And an article where the Christian paleontologist who discovered the soft tissue reacts to the claims of YEC's:
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/...
Creationists love to take a science discovery and distort it to meet their own foul ends.
Yes it is true , but she claims the tissue contains amino acids and traces of DNA. This come as much to the surprise to all
but if it does show one thing clearly. And that is that the fossilization process is not fully understood as once thought.
I'm not sure if the DNA can be sequenced , it maybe to fragmented.
But it is there and they may yet find a way to do it.

Long Beach, CA

#550887 Oct 14, 2012
DHrita wrote:
i dont think that there is GOD in the world
What about the goddess Matsu, from Meizhou?

Ni hao!!

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#550888 Oct 14, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
lol
odd.
If science has proven anything, it has proven evolution.

Location hidden

#550889 Oct 14, 2012
<quoted text>So, YOU, do not know and strangely, it is you who lives your life as to not know any gays. You are so quit to call people homophobes, when you are like the racist who claims that he saw a black in a market once so he is not racist. I have gay friends and have kept them for years, and I have kept my views as well. I also have friends who are illegal aliens, and I oppose them being here illegally. If the government deported them, I would say, you got caught I will visit you when I can.
One of may favorite high school teachers was gay. Our church secretary and local town pharmacist was also gay. Our well loved music store operator was a lesbian, and her mother, a single mother for many years as her husband died quite young from one of the diseases of 70 or so years ago, was my music teacher for a while when I was in elementary school. Her girlfriend was in our church choir.

The best friends of my parents had a gay son who was a day younger than my second sister, and we saw them often as children. The above mentioned are all dead now, most due to age related illnesses. The friend who was my sister's age died of cancer in his mid to late 50s.

I just don't happen to be acquainted with any gays at this point in time, at least none that I have any contact with.

Location hidden

#550890 Oct 14, 2012
<quoted text>Awh, clam up, boooots is only 67, basely retirement age. Besides you sick and pollution posts from last night do not give you in room to talk. Yeah, when you apologize, it would be nice, mature and classy.
It is a manipulation game for you, so go back and finish your booze, from last night.
Don't make me older than I am. When did I get to be 67? Actually in just over 2 months I will be 66, so you are out only a year and some. I am retired.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#550891 Oct 14, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yes it is true , but she claims the tissue contains amino acids and traces of DNA. This come as much to the surprise to all
but if it does show one thing clearly. And that is that the fossilization process is not fully understood as once thought.
I'm not sure if the DNA can be sequenced , it maybe to fragmented.
But it is there and they may yet find a way to do it.
From my understanding no DNA was found, it is still too fragile, though her discovery was still quite amazing.

Location hidden

#550892 Oct 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
By the way, why are we even discussing evolution here? The name of the thread is "Prove there is a god". Evolution does not prove the nonexistence of god, though you would think so by the way that creatards react.
The title is an obvious challenge to believers in god that they need to supply some sort of evidence that supports the existence of god. I have not seen any evidence supporting the existence of god yet.
Well you have seen the same as we all have because no evidence has been presented here yet. We have though had a lot of nonsense thrown at us as evidence. The problem is those acting on behalf of the believing community are a poor sample, mostly uneducated, and extremely naive people, who make statements that most educated people would know won't fly in a discussion of this nature, and/or they spend their time attacking the posters rather than providing any evidence.

We also have some who have presented the same non-evidence over 1000 times (just one person). These people seem to not understand that a correct refutation of a point means it won't work next time, or the 1000th time.

Some of the believers here are so hate-filled and/or bigoted that they can't get around that to use their brains.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#550893 Oct 14, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, and welcome to Topix. I see that this is your first post.
I'm Catcher.
I zapped out of thin air one day.
My brother, who is an only child, came from a dag gone monkey (from the Daggone region, in Central Africa).
And yes, I was in an accident and survived well, thanks to the doctors' god-given tools.
Again, welcome.
Oh, one thing. You need to work on your punctuation.
Say, Catcher, when you were in the hosp. recovering, did ya happen ta notice any equip or tools with 'made in heaven' stamped in/on 'em?

Long Beach, CA

#550894 Oct 14, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Say, Catcher, when you were in the hosp. recovering, did ya happen ta notice any equip or tools with 'made in heaven' stamped in/on 'em?
No, but two gorgeous nurses had halos over their heads.

And they had been endowed by their creator with two incredible assets.

I woke up with a rise, as you may imagine.

God is great.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#550895 Oct 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
If science has proven anything, it has proven evolution.

By consilience it does, but you have to be smart enough to see it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Anthony MN 559,351
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 5 min RiccardoFire 37,812
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min Seraphima 604,964
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Charlie Sheen 265,094
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min RiccardoFire 96,742
Our God Is The Mighty Creator Of All Things! 31 min andet1987 3
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr royal kannadiga 1,259
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lyndi 175,605
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web