Prove there's a god.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#551172 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because too many theoretical scientists are bias.
They have the answer first.-evolution is real-
Then make all their questions go along with their pre-made answer.
I'm not talking normal science, like you gave the chemistry example. I'm talking theoretical evolutionary bias scientists.
That is creationism you are describing. That's why it is pseudoscience.

Location hidden

#551173 Oct 15, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
What makes space expand? Where space would expand there is already space. Space is already there so it can't expand.
What makes space expand is TOO MANY SOCKS blowing HOT AIR at the same time!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#551174 Oct 15, 2012
Epic of Gilgamesh wrote:
<quoted text>Think "ICE AGE".
That was a literal story.
The movie?

Location hidden

#551175 Oct 15, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if you had something as good and specific as 'The Lamb of God Who takes away the sin of the world' you'd be excited enough to risk being obnoxious about it too!:)
If it was believable and didn't have so much ugly baggage, I would have seriously considered it, but it never made the grade.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#551176 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That's sad...

Is he 13?
I doubt it.

He's a pastor or preacher of some sort.

Married. Kids. Every time, sex is supposed to at least have the potential to bear a child.

Every time.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#551177 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>"air of integrity"??? Is that the wind between your ears?

Pay attention to what's going on & what Obama really wants to do if re-elected.

Basically, bye-bye America as we know it.
Yeah.

Ok.

You're word is pure gold.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#551178 Oct 15, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The movie?
LOL!

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#551179 Oct 15, 2012
theboo wrote:
what if god smoked cannabis?
Then He would be more cool, have more sex, and enjoy parties a lot more.

Some stable somewhere

#551180 Oct 15, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
The word is "confirmed." Evolution is a fact, and the theory is correct. It has been confirmed. The only possibility supernatural explanations for the reality we find ourselves in includes a god or gods that either used a big bang and evolution, or designed the world to look as if they did. That rules out all of the gods ever connected to a conflicting creation story, including these three:
[1] MARDUK (Babylonian) "The mighty Marduk took his club and split TiamatÂ’s body in half. He placed half of her body in the sky and made the heavens (space). He created the moon to guard the heavens, and set it moving back and forth, on endless (time) patrol (energy). With the other half of Tiamat's body he made the land.(matter)" http://mesopotamia.mrdonn.org/marduk.html
Well...we're living on Tiamat, huh?

That explains all the fat veins that we mine to produce our lard.

Some stable somewhere

#551181 Oct 15, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
Just because the universe had no begging doesn't mean it ends up expanding. Why does that mean it expands? God could have created it at the start of time.
Nah. It was Odin.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#551182 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange m isn't it? That a "lesbian", a woman who is sexually attracted to women, has a child or children from sex with men??
That makes no f_cking sense at all! I'm a straight man & there's no way in hell I'd ever consider gay sex. I'm straight...
Gays... eh, they can switch between the sexes & still be called gay...
WTF is going on out there?!?!?!?
What's strange is that you can't tell the difference between bisexuals and homosexuals. It seems that anybody who is not like you is "gay". I'm a lesbian and there is no way in "hell" I'd ever consider sex with a man. I'm homosexual...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#551183 Oct 15, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>That is creationism you are describing. That's why it is pseudoscience.
I'm not a creationist. I believe in evolution through Creation. It's absurd to deny the facts of evolution, but it's also absurd to think that we know how it all happened & that it all came from nothing.

What you call big bang, I call God.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#551184 Oct 15, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it.
He's a pastor or preacher of some sort.
Married. Kids. Every time, sex is supposed to at least have the potential to bear a child.
Every time.
Maybe to him. SOme people think that way.

I don't.

Would you ridicule him for his sexual preference?

hmmm....

“What game?”

Location hidden

#551185 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's sad...
Is he 13?
Don't answer that. If he is 13, the Doctor will be all over him.

Some stable somewhere

#551186 Oct 15, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
At no point did a fish ever grow legs. There is no "long, long time" required for fish to grow legs. Fish don't grow legs.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
In a manner of speaking... They did, or at least people like you say they did.
Only someone purposefully misconstruing evolution or someone ignorant of evolution would ever make that statement. And here we are, you telling me I am required to make a silly statement about fish because your straw man of evolution requires it.

"Rather, the gene pool from the fish species that started living in shallow swamps had mutations to its genes that, one by one, changed the production of proteins in their bodies such that they could better live in an amphibious environment. With the addition of new genes, the deletion of old genes, the changing in the timing of development and production of proteins, little by little the bodies produced by that gene pool changed - along with the gene pool."
Then one would assume that after millions & millions of years of "mutations", "one by one", somebody by now would've found a real clue to that. Where's that "evidence"? Where's all the millions & millions of years worth of fossils to corroberate that assumption?
In the fossil record, in the genes.

Genetically, all lobed fin fish are equally related to all land dwelling vertebrates. All land dwelling vertebrates are more closely related to lobe finned (Sarcopterygii) fish than ray finned fish ( actinopterygians). That's the smoking gun.

If we just use a purely your-religion's way of explaining that, why are all land vertebrates more closely related to lobe finned fish than ray finned fish?
No, a "guess" is too easy to make, it's a 'theory'...
That's right. Evolution is not a guess. It's evidence based, hypothesis tested. It has never been disproved, not once.

So far you have not raised one legitimate contention with it. Your religion has failed to produce a theory even remotely as explanatory. There is no competing theory to evolution - not a single one. But don't let that stop you. Please outline a theory that unifies all biological phenomena under one explanatory umbrella, and makes testable predictions.
"a fish grew legs" is just a few million years of evolution (lol) all slapped together in one sentence.
In essence, fish did grow legs, or so you say.
No, I did not say that. Once again, you are mischaracterizing my statements entirely.

Are you incapable of understanding evolution? Is it too difficult for you?

“What game?”

Location hidden

#551187 Oct 15, 2012
Martina Navratilover wrote:
<quoted text>Yet, many of us have and children have been exposed to this.
That's because you were doing it with children at the time.

Some stable somewhere

#551188 Oct 15, 2012
blundunt wrote:
Do you know how big GOD is? He's bigger than the expanding universe.Would you believe that on Judgement day(The day when all people that lived on earth-at least on earth-will stand before the Throne of GOD and give an account of their lives)everything that is so scientificly documented to mean something will VANISH!The "grave" will be no more and "GOD help us" the followers of The Son of God will get eternal "backstage passes" to the greatest gig ever.I struggle with the belief that there will be a number of people that do not get in! But the Bible(read it with an open mind)lays out the love of Jesus(God in human form) and his good and wonderful plan for those who accept Him.
God is three apples tall, two apples wide and weighs just two apples.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#551189 Oct 15, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
What's strange is that you can't tell the difference between bisexuals and homosexuals. It seems that anybody who is not like you is "gay". I'm a lesbian and there is no way in "hell" I'd ever consider sex with a man. I'm homosexual...
Bullshit. I understand the difference. What I was saying is that there's a lot of women out there that f_ck men AND women & call themself a "lesbian". Same goes for the so-called "gay" men.

If you would NEVER consider having sex with a man then you are a lesbian. If a woman is currently dating another woman but has kid(s) from a previous relationship with a man, she is NOT lesbian.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#551190 Oct 15, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't answer that. If he is 13, the Doctor will be all over him.
lol

shhhhh

Some stable somewhere

#551191 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as easy as you can believe that all life on earth is spontaneous & random.
You believe.
No, I do not believe that all life on earth is spontaneous and random.

People do not turn into couches or crocodiles. No person has ever become a planet. Those are just some examples of "random" I pulled of the top of my head.

Again, you seem quite unfamiliar with evolution to the point of ridiculous mischaracterizations of it. Sorry, RR, but you're the last person I'd ask for information on biological science. Well...not the last. You come before all the other creationists on here!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Aura Mytha 88,384
"I LOVE YOU Eva' 6 min Doctor REALITY 3
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 14 min Insults Are Easier 627
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min AussieBobby 284,624
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 39 min X Pendable 184,770
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 40 min truth 665,473
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr truth 45,848
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 3 hr Lonestar 255
More from around the web