Prove there's a god.

“Ask me who I am and I”

Since: Sep 12

will tell you the same

#550718 Oct 14, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have very little education.
Obviously, he/she has way more education than you, especially since all of your spewings get busted. What gives you the right to attack his/her education, since it is a fact that you will whine like a pig when it is reciprocated against you or gays.(possibly the same issue)

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#550720 Oct 14, 2012
Martina Navratilover wrote:
<quoted text>You are like the kid who says "mommy it is true, I know it is true, I read it on the Internet." My dad is alive, but that alone is not evidence of his age. Actual bodies of mammoths stored in freezers are only evidence of actual bodies of mammoths being in the freezer.
Our dating systems have been proven time after time to be erroneous. The fact that our dating system says 4.5 billion and sometimes 7,000 is exactly the error. Young and old earth are noted as such due to the error, and yes it would be as such. It all has to do with how we attempt to measure time and space and do not account for black holes, singularities and quantum gravity. If we know that in a black hole we reach 1/0=% infinity, which is when time stops or absence of time, then trying to measure time over major spatial quantum is useless. We are not equipped.
Science is absolute in it's lack of being absolute, God is absolute in entirety, and our absolute understanding of either is fundamentally flawed because of the nature of the instrument we call our mind.
Radiometric dating has not been shown to be erroneous. If used incorrectly you can get bogus answers, but that is no surprise. If someone gave you an electronic calender and told you to time a 100 meter dash with it what answer could you give? Since creationists always run away from this I will tell you. You could either say it took no time at all or one whole day. Either answer is obviously wrong.

When creationists try to debunk radiometric dating they use similar worthless tests.

You have all sorts of skepticism towards evolution and geology and yet you do not apply the same skepticism towards your own beliefs. That is the action of a hypocrite.

Westcliffe, CO

#550721 Oct 14, 2012
Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Dave. All is well here thanks.
Your summery is correct. I just don't know where people find the time.
I trust you are well?
I'm well, thank you. Just older.

It is mysterious about the time. Plus the amount of threads some hang out on.

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

#550722 Oct 14, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. along with once again being intellectual dishonest, you have resumed your name-calling without cause. You so enjoy playing push, pull, don't you ??..
.. the majority of Americans (73%) IDENTIFY themselves as Christians but only 18.7% all Americans regularly attend church (1)..
(1) http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/how...
.. you either want reasonable debate or prefer indulging in name-calling. Which is it ??..
First, all anyone has to do is scroll back to your name calling and hate speech against Jesus, last night, and there is plenty of cause. Besides, you are accountable for your socks name calling.

18.7% regularly attend church? Which has what to do with being a Christian? The warm building. Well, unlike you atheists we Christians have heat and a Bible, both at home.
sirrush

Williamsburg, KY

#550723 Oct 14, 2012
<quoted text>You are like the kid who says "mommy it is true, I know it is true, I read it on the Internet." My dad is alive, but that alone is not evidence of his age. Actual bodies of mammoths stored in freezers are only evidence of actual bodies of mammoths being in the freezer.
Our dating systems have been proven time after time to be erroneous. The fact that our dating system says 4.5 billion and sometimes 7,000 is exactly the error. Young and old earth are noted as such due to the error, and yes it would be as such. It all has to do with how we attempt to measure time and space and do not account for black holes, singularities and quantum gravity. If we know that in a black hole we reach 1/0=% infinity, which is when time stops or absence of time, then trying to measure time over major spatial quantum is useless. We are not equipped.
Science is absolute in it's lack of being absolute, God is absolute in entirety, and our absolute understanding of either is fundamentally flawed because of the nature of the instrument we call our mind.
MIND is everything figuratively/literally. MIND is INFINITE, BOUNDLESS MIND

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

#550724 Oct 14, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>

.. you either want reasonable debate or prefer indulging in name-calling. Which is it ??..
No, we want to indulge your name-calling, and finish where you were left whining and crying last night when you bit off more than you could handle.

Also, giving RR 50 negative judgits, obsessively, is not an attempt to foster reasonable debate.....and begging for hearts is not either, it is your sole intent to divide and cause confusion.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#550725 Oct 14, 2012
scaritual wrote: Deity explanations are a dead end.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I think it shows the sign of a weak mind.
I do, too. Using a "deity" as an explanation isn't an explanation. It's a surrender to ignorance.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
One that can't see that there really is no difference in undertanding science & knowledge and understanding God.
There is a huge difference. The two are not similar in any way.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
They're not enemies, you know.
Agreed. The imaginary does not threaten the tangible, reality does not care about fantasy.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
And when you say "Deity explanations are a dead end" that leaves a lot to be explained....
Yes, it does. As I said earlier. To use "deities" as an explanation does not leave anything to be explained, nor does it explain anything.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Assuming the "deity" is real.
Whether you meant it as such, that's an astute observation.
That's all that can be done with deities, you can only assume they are real.

They cannot be tested. There is nothing that proves them.

They rely solely upon belief and as the numerous deity beliefs show, there is no uniform description of a deity.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Which deity? Some of them are very limited in their "power"..
What "power" do any of them have?

Right, none - either as an explanation for anything or even when you assume they are real - they have no power.

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

#550726 Oct 14, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm well, thank you. Just older.
It is mysterious about the time. Plus the amount of threads some hang out on.
Time is easy. One can watch a movie, keep his browser open; be at work, keep his browser open. I only take 15 seconds to respond and then you are back to work. You can also work on your computer, different browsers and other computer, takes no time at all.
ophan

Williamsburg, KY

#550727 Oct 14, 2012
<quoted text>Obviously, he/she has way more education than you, especially since all of your spewings get busted. What gives you the right to attack his/her education, since it is a fact that you will whine like a pig when it is reciprocated against you or gays.(possibly the same issue)
i think therefore I AM

tat tvam asi

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#550728 Oct 14, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, we contribute less to scientific advance than India does. Go figure.
We do? Show me what's up.

Besides, in India, Hinduism represents 80.5% of their population...

LMAO

Westcliffe, CO

#550729 Oct 14, 2012
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SUP...

That man has some balls.

Thumbs up and out the door 124,000 feet up.

Estimated he did about 833 MPH on the way down.
udjo

Williamsburg, KY

#550730 Oct 14, 2012
<quoted text>The LGBT can be a laundering scheme. The one billion dollars that Obama is slated to collect this election period is nothing more than a laundering scheme. Las Vegas and Atlantic City are laundering schemes. If poverty is your issue, then at 12:01 tonight get to working and work until next Sunday morning and do it until you get out of your poverty. I can attend each one of their churches, go to their televised events, and there is no admission or exist charge. They do not force anyone to do anything that they do not choose to do.
A person has every right to give all of their money to them if they choose, just like gays have the right to have unprotected anal sex and get AIDS. Which group should we as a society try to stop?
still mind

be still and know I AM god

and the Spirit = MIND moved upon the waters.

ahmi yat ahmi

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

#550731 Oct 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Radiometric dating has not been shown to be erroneous. If used incorrectly you can get bogus answers, but that is no surprise.
DO YOU PEOPLE EVER FACT CHECK?

I will not get into a prejudicial debate with you, about what I do or do not do. Obviously, I just exposed your post.

Many people assume that the dates scientists quote of millions of years are as reliable as our knowledge of the structure of the atom or nuclear power. And radioactive dating is so shrouded with mystery that many donít even try to understand how the method works; they just believe it must be right.

But the basic concept of radioactive dating, sometimes called radiometric dating, is not difficult, especially since all of us regularly calculate how much time has passed: for example, since our birth, or since we started on a walk. A swimming race is a familiar situation that illustrates the simple principles involved in measuring time. Once we understand what we actually need to do we can apply the same principles to radioactive dating, and see if the methods do what they are claimed to do.

Picture a swimmer competing in a 1,500 metre race and an observer with an accurate wristwatch. We note that at the instant the swimmer touches the end of the pool our wristwatch reads 7:41 and 53 seconds. How long has the competitor taken to swim the race?

When I have asked an audience this question they have looked at me incredulously and said,ďStarting time?Ē They realize that you cannot know how long the swimmer took unless you knew the time on the wristwatch when the race started. Keep that in mind when you think about working out the age of something. Without knowing the starting time it is impossible to establish the time for the race. Note: Impossible.

Actually, knowing the starting time is still not enough. During the race you have to watch the swimmer and count how many laps he has swum so you know that he has done 1,500 metres. And you have to check to make sure he touches the end for each lap. Without these observations you cannot be sure that the time is valid. That is why you need three timekeepers to independently record the times during the race to meet the standard needed to enter the record books.

Would it make any difference if the watch we were using was more accurate? Absolutely not! You could talk about the tiny quartz crystal and the piezoelectric effect used to provide a stable time base for the electronic movement. You could describe the atomic workings of the quartz oscillator and how it resonates at a specific and highly stable frequency, and how this is used to accurately pace a timekeeping mechanism.

The fact is that you can only establish the time for the race if it was timed by two or more reliable eyewitnesses who observed the start, the progress and the finish of the race.

you cannot measure the age of a rock using radioactive dating because no-one was present to measure the radioactive elements when the rock formed and no-one monitored the way those elements changed over its entire geological history

This illustrates the problem with the radioactive dating of geological events. Those who promote the reliability of the method spend a lot of time impressing you with the technical details of radioactive decay, half-lives, mass-spectroscopes, etc. But they donít discuss the basic flaw in the method: you cannot determine the age of a rock using radioactive dating because no-one was present to measure the radioactive elements when the rock formed and no-one monitored the way those elements changed over its entire geological history.

http://creation.com/radioactive-dating-fatal-...
dragua

Williamsburg, KY

#550732 Oct 14, 2012
<quoted text>First, all anyone has to do is scroll back to your name calling and hate speech against Jesus, last night, and there is plenty of cause. Besides, you are accountable for your socks name calling.
18.7% regularly attend church? Which has what to do with being a Christian? The warm building. Well, unlike you atheists we Christians have heat and a Bible, both at home.
Acts 7:48
Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

Acts 17:24
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

christianity is the practice of idolatry

13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550733 Oct 14, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you do not understand non-profit tax laws ..
.. church organizations are NOT required to file for tax-exempt status nor do they have to file income tax returns ..
.. other tax-exempt ARE required to file for tax-exempt status and MUST file an annual audited financial statements ..
http://www.irs.gov/instructions/i990/ch01.htm...
http://people.emich.edu/skattelus/gen004.htm
As with all organizations, though, managers of churches must properly account for the financial condition, results of operations, and especially cash flows of the church to the governing board, the congregation, and other interested stakeholders. Even in the absence of government regulations, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) should be followed in order to provide assurance that the organizationís funds are handled appropriately. FASB Statement of Accounting Standards (SFAS) No. 116 outlines procedures regarding contributions received and made and SFAS No. 117 outlines financial statements principles for not-for-profit organizations are applicable to churches that prepare financial statements and would like an unqualified audit opinion. If fraud is suspected, the IRS may step in to conduct an inquiry.

We already agreed that churches should not get involved in political aspirations, but neither should ANY non-profit company

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

#550734 Oct 14, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you said, you appear to have an elevated opinion of whatever abilities you think you have. I am glad that you are one of those that I previously stated I would no longer post to, since there seems to be no substance to your posts now, and therefore I already had decided that was the case.
What? Do you comprehend the ridiculousness in posting that you "previously stated you would no longer post to me" and then doing it. So, when did you decide it was the case, the second you pushed "post comment" or the second after? THINK, boooots, it will prevent much laughter towards you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550735 Oct 14, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. along with once again being intellectual dishonest, you have resumed your name-calling without cause. You so enjoy playing push, pull, don't you ??..
I am not being dishonest.
I did not call him a name.
push, pull is fun in bed :)
.. the majority of Americans (73%) IDENTIFY themselves as Christians but only 18.7% all Americans regularly attend church (1)..
You don't have to go to church to be Christian. So I said 75%, you say 73%. BIG difference...
(1) http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/how...
Reasonable debate would be fine. Please tell me where I call booots a name & I will apologize....

lol
ophiuchus

Williamsburg, KY

#550736 Oct 14, 2012
<quoted text>The LGBT can be a laundering scheme. The one billion dollars that Obama is slated to collect this election period is nothing more than a laundering scheme. Las Vegas and Atlantic City are laundering schemes. If poverty is your issue, then at 12:01 tonight get to working and work until next Sunday morning and do it until you get out of your poverty. I can attend each one of their churches, go to their televised events, and there is no admission or exist charge. They do not force anyone to do anything that they do not choose to do.
A person has every right to give all of their money to them if they choose, just like gays have the right to have unprotected anal sex and get AIDS. Which group should we as a society try to stop?
one has a direct action by funding negative action against others as separate from self. the defense of free will is permissible. the offense against other self as separate/different from self is not.

another has no direct action upon other self; when agreed by selves.

your idolatry creates your hypocrisy of inequality

the sun goes down
the stars come out
and all that counts
is here and NOW.

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

#550737 Oct 14, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
As with all organizations, though, managers of churches must properly account for the financial condition, results of operations, and especially cash flows of the church to the governing board, the congregation, and other interested stakeholders. Even in the absence of government regulations, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) should be followed in order to provide assurance that the organizationís funds are handled appropriately. FASB Statement of Accounting Standards (SFAS) No. 116 outlines procedures regarding contributions received and made and SFAS No. 117 outlines financial statements principles for not-for-profit organizations are applicable to churches that prepare financial statements and would like an unqualified audit opinion. If fraud is suspected, the IRS may step in to conduct an inquiry.
We already agreed that churches should not get involved in political aspirations, but neither should ANY non-profit company
You see, that would not work, since many and most non-profits do have a political component. For instance, the IGLA gets over $120 million, and I forgot, a year, from 97% of the population who are not gay and never consented to have their money sent there. The IGLA engages equally in politics and religion and trying to alter morality, which is religion.

The DNC placed on their platform "same sex" marriage, which is an attempt to alter and pervert what is a religious institution. Society has recognized the need for marriage in a civilized society, so they adopted the idea. The biblical concept of one man and one woman is what prevented "polygamy" marriage, despite the FLDS Mormon sects attempts at a RELIGIOUS argument.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550738 Oct 14, 2012
scaritual wrote:
They cannot be tested. There is nothing that proves them.
This is all I wanted to respond to.

So, in your opinion, the only things that are real are those that can be tested?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Michael 590,802
ONLINE √ ElectrolŁx Servis SARIYER ( 342 ... 14 min electroluxwr 1
The Art of Choosing the Right Driving School 1 hr gpsdrivingschool 1
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 2 hr Paul is dead 1966 3,084
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 3 hr Timeitwassaid 466
SIEMENS SERVIS LEVENT (O2I2) 342 OO 24 ) Siemen... 3 hr siemenswr 1
Kalite ileri Teknoloji SIEMENS ( 342 00 24 ) AK... 3 hr siemenswr 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 hr Mr Ironhart 4,636
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Jarring 100,083
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr Insults Are Easier 271,403
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 hr Serah 612,216
More from around the web