Prove there's a god.

Since: May 11

Newport, UK

#550146 Oct 13, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
No apologies necessary. I miss a good egg and cress.
Anyway, with one post you deem him a troll?
Do you like the cress with the large leaves or the small leaves? I find the large freshwater variety much more flavoursome.

I would never judge on simply one post, for instance orangelion just answered a post which was addressed to me, using the same reasoning you could then allege that I am he or she.

"Tide with Bleach" was replaced by "Tide with "Beach" a long time ago, now I know of no washing detergent called "Tide with Beach".

Comments made during brother(fake) marines confession that his sockpuppetry involving atheists worst nightmare et al pricked my atention simply because I've served on detachment with a US Marine MEU in Iraq, as I said then, he has never served so much as a big mac and fries let alone his country.

After holding both positions for so long and playing both sides against the middle the only one who jumped to his defence was "Tide with BEACH", professing to know for a fact that he had served and implying a relationship beyond Topix.

Then we have this vile diatribe night after night from someone who is obviously mentally ill(gatekeeper1) and "Tide with BEACH" who has been absent for a long time from here as far as I can see suddenly arrives as he did when brother marine announced he was "taking a break" and posts a single (hit and run)post from nowhere, not a "hi" or another post to gatekeeper1 justifying his response; just a single non sequitur post in reply to a post by hidingfromyou which to all intents and purposes is phrased in such a way that it came from gate keeper 1.

Then it goes quiet for almost two hours while I assume he/she deals with the "oh sh|t, wrong window" moment. Naturally being in a timezone where I eat my cornflakes and read posts while all of the 'normals'(people with lives) have gone to bed I see his post and type my observations, then a random post from gatekeeper1 is posted which is a pitiful attempt to say "see Tide with BEACH agrees with me nee-ner-nee-ner!"

Whoever 'they' are stayed and watched the board for a full extra two hours to see if anyone had picked up on it in an attempt to run interference and damage control....they did it badly.

So yes I say that your friend is a troll, a prolific one and by the content of their posts someone who is not very nice to know. Could I be wrong? Of course I could, I am a criminal advocate and a certain amount of my time is spent formulating arguments for and against the occurence of events, sometimes I find it difficult, but this time it was very easy.

They're your friend and I'm sure you enjoy their company, they're not mine and likely never will be so, but I stand by what I said.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#550160 Oct 13, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You make 4
:D
Orangelion

Chester, UK

#550163 Oct 13, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hush, tard.
That just makes you look silly LOL.
Orangelion

Chester, UK

#550169 Oct 13, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, "nothing" means "nothing." The only so-called "properties" to "nothing" is what man invented, and that's the written "0." Now that that's out of the way...
I'm aware of the concept. This was the theory that I said, in my last entry, that I wouldn't reveal unless someone else was aware of it. What it's called slips my mind at this time, but I know that the basis of this new theory is that, all that exists has always existed. The theory is, that the universe, having no beginning, expands to a certain point, then collapses on itself until it becomes a single mass. Then, after it becomes so condensed and can't handle the pressure any longer, it again explodes and becomes yet another "Big Bang." Of a surety, we all know that this theory can never be proven. Since long before written history, this planet has been adequate for life. And more than likely, this planet will be for many generations to come, far beyond our own generations. In conclusion, though, it's still a theory. And theories, as I'm sure we're all aware of, are not facts.
In a world where even our most personal imaginations and inventions derive from something, it's foolish to believe that anything has no origin.
How can the universe collapse on itself? How can empty space collapse on itself? It is a very daft flaw.
Orangelion

Chester, UK

#550170 Oct 13, 2012
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Religions are harmful for the development of men.
Yes, catholoics and mulsims are. Budhists aren't too bad.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#550171 Oct 13, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is your purposeful misquote: "We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs,... in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated commitment to materialism"
Here is what he honestly wrote:
"We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism."
Those are very different. You are a liar.
Bullshit. I used an excerpt from his quote. You know what an excerpt is, don't you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550172 Oct 13, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
If nothing threatens your belief, you wouldn't have to be dishonest to support it.
I'm not & I havent been, so....
Henry

Schönheide, Germany

#550173 Oct 13, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong.
The Church Of Christ is nothing but an APOSTATE church and its members are going to hell! Your church is NOT the true church!!
The true church is the Catholic church...no...
the true church is the Methodist church...no...
the true church is the Jehovah's Witnesses...no...
the true church is the Mormon church...no...
Now which kind of Christian is it necessary for me to become? All these other Christians told me your kind of Christians are going to hell!
The Muslims say you Christians are going to hell too, because you believe in the wrong god.
Whether or not you disapprove of the choice is irrelevent - those are the only two choices you have: you either live life with Allah through Mohommed or go to hell!
Sorry, the earth is our hell or our paradise. Both are wrong. When our life is finished, we are no longer alive. Thats it!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550174 Oct 13, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Your deity has no effect on the world. Your prayers do nothing
Really? Besides my personal knowledge that prayer does indeed work, there are other studies, too....

"As science investigates connections between the mind and the body, some scientists have found that a person's faith can help him or her live a longer, healthier life"

"With so many people relying on prayer, scientists have a responsibility to determine whether it is helpful or harmful to people."

health.howstuffworks.com ›...› Natural Medicine › Alternative Medicine

"studies were conducted at Ohio State University, the University of Michigan, and the VU University in Amsterdam."

"Subjects were not required to be Christian, except in the Netherlands study, as there are many atheists in the Netherlands who would have refused to pray."

""The effects we found in these experiments were quite large, which suggests that prayer may really be an effective way to calm anger and aggression," said Brad Bushman, Ohio State psychology professor"

inventorspot.com › Articles
Orangelion

Chester, UK

#550175 Oct 13, 2012
Hidingfromyou even had to question jesus's existence to back herself up, when he obviously existed, and the common man would know that. She obviously feels defenseless.
Henry

Schönheide, Germany

#550176 Oct 13, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>The reason "you exist" is because your parents created you. Of course no one "creates themselves" because their parents created them.
Which means Adam and Eve had "parents", right? If this "god" is the "faher" then there has to be a "mother" in order to give birth. Since this "god" is always depicted as male, men cannot get pregnant.
This is why people ask - the way this "god" is depicted is contradictory and confusing.
It makes laws but doesn't follow them. It says not to kill when stars die in the universe. It hates evil yet allows it to exist instead of getting rid of it. It knows things will happen but chooses to be a passive observer instead of stopping it. It can magically "poof" a whole universe into existance but can't "poof" the hate out of people's hearts that's causing our self-extinction as a species. It can't "poof" food to a hungry child or "poof" cancer out of a dying child. It can make a woman out of a rib but cannot "poof" someone's lost limb.
"God" didn't give birth to you, your mother did. "God" didn't have sex with your mother, your father did. It's like saying you're here because "the stork brought you"!
The bible is not true!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550177 Oct 13, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>"I grow weary of your incessant ranting & hatred."
Ah, one of those people who can dish it out but can't take it, huh?
Figures.
After all that misogany and homophobia, NOW you want to boohoo about hatred.
LMMFAO.
That is freakin' hilarious!
Noah is the one who said "Cursed be Caanan" all because he was drunk and mad that his son Ham busted him naked. Can you talk to a drunk while they're drunk? No. Drunk people say all kinds of stupid crap.
Noah "cursed" his son and cursed his desendents with dark skin, as if somehow dark skin is a curse when it's really the normal affect of a normal chemical called melanin in the reaction to the sun. "Cursing" people with dark skin is just ludicrous.
And all just because he was busted drunk and naked. Even more stupid. Was the person who wrote this story drunk, too, or what?
Christians, white, and incredulously, black, actually believe the bullsh!t that "blacks are cursed because the Bible said so".
"Blacks are born to suffer".
Why would "good" Christian white people burn down churches and burn crosses? Hypocritical AND blaspemous at the same time!
GADS. Humans are going to BULLSH!t themselves into extinction!
"Context"? Right. Sure.
Always the usual excuse for stuff that is simply illogical and downright crazy to sound with. "Wah! You're taking it out of context!"
The "context" is bullsh!t!
Ah, that's better. In your last post, you exclaimed it as though God said it. You confuse even yourself.

"Christians, white, and incredulously, black, actually believe the bullsh!t that "blacks are cursed because the Bible said so"

Excuse me? Are you out of you f_cking mind? Christians, real Chrsitians, have long held for equality & peace! It was Christians that have been fighting for equality & freedom all these years.

To say that "all" Christians are like the KKK or WBC, is like comparing all Muslims to Al Qaeda. That is an incorrect assumption.

But that's what atheists do best, assume.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550178 Oct 13, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents are Christian missionaries as well, RR. They're also medical doctors. That's why I was born in Korea. I'm very proud of them for the help they give. We don't see eye to eye on the reason they do it. I see no reason to bring Christianity into helping those that need help. That's their deal and I love them very much in spite of their religion.
Woah....
Tam just gained a few points :)

My dad & granpa were funded by the church to do their missionary work. They never, ever forced Christianity into anyone, only to those that would listen. Some people refused to listen or refused to believe. All the wanted was more free shit.
Most of the people, however, were fascinated with the possibility of something like God. They took their Bibles, studied & came to their own conclusions. Nothing was ever forced, except the free shit.

The only reason to "bring Christianity into helping those that need help" is because of how it's funded. When a Christian church puts out tons of money to helps those in need, they want to share their knowledge of Jesus.

Unlike atheists that don't do shit to help.(as a group)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550179 Oct 13, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
"Missionaries for a Christians-Only and F*ck Everybody Else World"
You're reality is very twisted.

Logic, darlin'. Use logic.

You think that Christian missionaries are for "Christians only"...

Then why would they go to a non-Christian person & teach? Why would they give food & supplies to a "non-Christian"?

You're a fool. And quite stupid.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550180 Oct 13, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<
Exactly. Being religious has nothing to do with how compassionate one is.
Really?

Then start your own hate group, gather up a shitload of money, bet supplies, ship them to poverty stricken people, and show how copassionate you are.

Otherwise, shut the f_ck up.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550181 Oct 13, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?
Some one is in need of Engrish ressons from the Asian girl again.
Don't you mean the "Asian girr"?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550182 Oct 13, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Look,
I see, I see...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#550183 Oct 13, 2012
MrAnderson9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Words are symbols. If you chose to call the creator of everything the spaghetti monster, who cares.
True, and if we choose to assume a creator exists which no one has ever proved nor found any evidence of, and since we don't know anything at all about this alleged 'creator, just about anything would go, wouldn't it?

Or,

How about as an exercise in thinking, we instead try to come up with rational and provable solutions to these unanswered questions? Perhaps that is impossible, but would it not still be more logical and rational than to just make up entities and attach a lot of imaginary traits and rules to that entity, the majority of which are destroying our civilization?

My suggestion may resemble somewhat what scientists have been doing all along; looking for answers, rather than making up myths and then trying to keep the world together with various parts of the world believing different myths.

Is that silly?
Henry

Schönheide, Germany

#550184 Oct 13, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Science and mathematics go hand in hand in the majority of scientific scenarios. In saying that, the most simplest of mathematics proves that an intelligent designer exists. I say "the most simplest of mathematics" because, it's unnecessary to utilize the more complex mathematics to prove a simple "fact." First, I'll say this...
As of now, science has a couple of explanations to attempt to validate their theory that no "God" exists. One is that, at one point in time, nothing existed, at all. Then, all of a sudden, all things exist. The second explanation, I'll not mention here. It might contribute fuel to an already existing and uncontrollable fire that's unnecessary, especially if I'm aware of this new theory and those that oppose "God" aren't. Please and if you will, do not judge my integrity for my lack of sharing. As I believe, I've no reason to bring to any table anything new when we can't get passed what's already offered. Nevertheless...
In the case of the first scenario and according to science, all came from nothing. This is even while science admits that it's yet to create something from nothing, itself. As a matter of fact, science hasn't even come close. Anyway, this mathematical formula appears as such...
0+0=1
I'm sure we can already see the discrepancy in this. Nothing can originate from nothing. Something MUST come from something. Therefore, the only possible equation is this...
1+1=2
It's not necessary that a zero must represent anything. Considering the history of mathematics to begin with, the numeral "0" is fairly new to mathematics-world anyway. Despite what we might believe, only one equation can make sense to us. To recapitulate while more clear, I offer you this...
SCIENCE
0+0=0
0+0=1
RELIGION
1+0=1
1+1=2
The fact of the matter is this. Science can give us nothing but theories that unbelievers accept as answers, fact, evidence, and proof, because they've nothing else to go on. Religion gives us answers, fact, evidence, and proof. To the religious, the answers, facts, evidence, and proofs, are all around us and us, at the same time. Science keeps guessing.
And as to this theory of evolution? Again, this is science's attempt to validate theories. In their ever-persistent goal to disprove the existence of "God," they purposely and willingly reject any possibility and probability of adaptation before evolution. And considering all the species that have become extinct in just my lifetime alone, it's incomprehensible that science insists that we're descended from Neanderthals instead of even considering that these are other life-forms that not only were different from "Adam," but became extinct, too. When's the last time one of these "creatures" surfaced from some remote region of the Earth, wondering why it's living such a primitive lifestyle?
And by the way...just before his death, Darwin wholly denounced his "theory of evolution." Don't just believe me. Look it up. I'm sure it's on the internet, somewhere.
Until next time...
Whatever Darwin on its death bed may have changed its mind, it was true its theory of evolution.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550185 Oct 13, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The overall trend, especially with the Internet, is to drop religion in favor of secularism. Critical thinking follows :)
"overall trend"? Honey, the trends show that religion is still on the rise, as it's always been. Don't fool yourself into believing only what you want.

Here's a list of religions, in order of how many followers. I did not create this list. But notice that "atheist" is in a list of religions lol.

The funny one is #3, all 4 "religions" plopped into one.....

1. Christianity: 2.1 billion
2. Islam: 1.5 billion
3. Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/ Atheist: 1.1 billion
4. Hinduism: 900 million
5. Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
6. Buddhism: 376 million
7. primal-indigenous: 300 million
8. African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million
9. Sikhism: 23 million
10. Juche: 19 million
11. Spiritism: 15 million
12. Judaism: 14 million
13. Baha'i: 7 million
14. Jainism: 4.2 million
15. Shinto: 4 million
16. Cao Dai: 4 million
17. Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
18. Tenrikyo: 2 million
19. Neo-Paganism: 1 million
20. Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
21. Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
22. Scientology: 500 thousand

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 min 15th Dalai Lama 7,925
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min June VanDerMark 603,157
not man enough 32 min andet1987 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr USaWorldWarmongerer 177,844
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Classic 2,858
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr Critical Eye 3,786
sex party 3 hr sex god 1
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 9 hr sangili karuppan 7,612
More from around the web