“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#549844 Oct 12, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>It is. But why is that a problem? Do you think that you owe religion respect? All of the following are from Pat Condell, on respect for religion:

[1] "I give your religion as much respect as your religion gives me. There’s nothing complicated about it, and I have every right to insult a religion that goes out of its way to insult, to judge, and to condemn me as an inadequate human being, which your religion does with self righteous gusto. When it comes to insults your religion started this, not me. If your religion kept its big mouth shut so would I. But given that it doesn’t, and given the enormous harm that your religion has done in this world. I’d say that not only do I have a right, but a duty to insult it, as does every rationale thinking person on this planet.

=========

[2] "I can see that everything about this God has been purposely designed to poison our experience of life on Earth – not to enhance it. To keep us fearful. To suppress knowledge. To curtail freedom and creativity. And to celebrate death. It’s nothing less than the dumbing down of the human race. And demanding respect for it is, frankly, an insult that deserves to be repaid with considerable interest.

=========

[3] "Religion deserves no respect at all because:

A.) It offers no respect at all.
B.) It offers no evidence at all.

==========

[4] "If you criticize religion, every so often someone will say to you quite disapprovingly "You may not have faith in God, but you could show a bit more respect for those people who do." And you might find yourself thinking: Actually, maybe they're right. It wouldn't hurt to show a bit more respect. After all, nobody likes to be told point blank that their religion is a crock of delusional garbage and a force for evil in the world, that what they call faith is merely fear dressed up as virtue, and that their puerile beliefs are a straitjacket on the whole of humanity. That's bound to put anybody's nose out of joint.

"So yes, maybe I could show a bit more respect. The only fly in the ointment is I don't actually feel any respect. I have tried, I really have, and I feel just terrible about it, but it just isn't there. I suppose I could lie to myself and pretend for the sake of people's feelings, because we all know how delicate and tender they can be these days, but the bald truth is I don't actually care about their feelings, at all, not even slightly. And of course I realize that should weigh heavily on my conscience, but luckily my conscience knows when it's being bullied and manipulated so it doesn't care either.

"My conscience knows that there's no earthly reason for anybody on this planet to respect religion in any way. Indeed, purely on the evidence religion itself provides in such regular abundance, there's every reason to actively disrespect it to the point of outright abuse. And quite frankly, the fact that religion gets so little abuse compared to what it really deserves, I can only attribute to the unbelievable tolerance, restraint, and plain good manners of atheists and secularists everywhere.

"So, if you are a religious person, and if you're thinking of demanding more respect for your beliefs, please try to bear in mind that you and your religion are already getting way more respect than you’ve have ever deserved. Your faith is a joke. Your god is a joke. He's so absurd he's an embarrassment even to people who don't believe in him. And he, and you, still have it all to prove."
Love that guy.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#549845 Oct 12, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>We have just given evidence. Why don't you pick on islam, they fit better to this definition.
What evidence?

And this fits you just as we'll as Islam.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#549846 Oct 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Pat Condell was a comedian, known by some as the "godless comedian". He's also known as an anti-theist. Of course he's gonna have quotes against religion. He has an agenda to attain.
Plus he's English-Irish, so...
Do you have a point?

Didn't think so.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#549847 Oct 12, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>She herself said she is not a physist. How does that make her scientist?
What?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#549848 Oct 12, 2012
Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>Well at the star you say if the person is a bitch then slap them about, then you say people shouldn't hit one and other. Make your mind up.
Mind.

Lol!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#549849 Oct 12, 2012
Audience wrote:
Well... I could ask the same thing about the big bang.
All there is to it are hypotheses, it's not scientifically proved as a fact either.
Could you explain me, how the big bang was created? And how -the thing that created the big bang- was created, and so on.
Not yet.

Can you tell us how god was created?

And how the thing that created god was created?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#549850 Oct 12, 2012
Aero...
...ummmmm
"just as we'll as islam"???
lol
You're one of them smart atheists they talk about, huh?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549851 Oct 12, 2012
BT42, what/who do you revere?

Since: Sep 10

Soledad, CA

#549852 Oct 12, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
You always ask the hard questions, Aero

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549853 Oct 12, 2012
Aero. God was not created. He always was.
Unless you can prove otherwise...
That's the scripture for nearly 2,000 years, son.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#549854 Oct 12, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you are GK. Forgot to change your avatar, posted to yourself ..
.. always mess up, don't you Chunky Punky ??..
Help me out here, please. This morning Mr. Charrington and I noticed that Tide With Beache's response to HFY sounded exactly like a reply from Gate Keeper 1, but it was Tide With Beaches avatar. Mr. Charrington commented that it looks like Tide With Beach is actually Gate Keeper 1 and possibly others. Post# 549527 is what started all the controversy. Check out that post and read Mr. Charrington's comments below it. What gives?

Soledad, CA

#549855 Oct 12, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
Should be- "Thanks Tide"
Now you tell me.

After I thanked him

Soledad, CA

#549856 Oct 12, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
See what I mean?

More hard questions.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#549857 Oct 12, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>well that's all fine and dandy dude, but the universe doesn't revolve around you. it revolves around God's Son, Jesus the Christ, who has been clearly revealed to all so that we are all without excuse!:)
He wasn't clearly revealed to me.

He wasn't even fuzzily revealed to me.
_Chartreuse_ is Phil Gray

France

#549858 Oct 12, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't clearly revealed to me.
He wasn't even fuzzily revealed to me.
U R shitinabuttahole

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#549859 Oct 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Paul?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#549860 Oct 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"Mineisit" is merely a term which I have personally attributed to an all but undefinable term.(which is the reason the true name of god cannot be uttered by man in the old testament), as it will then become limited and the meaning misconstrued.
This is not to be confused with the "man made deities", and is not even a deity at all. It is the essence of energy that makes the inter-relationship of all infinite and finite existence possible at every plane of existence. i.e. "the all". It is not something to be worshipped or made into a religion, but without it you would cease to exist. Therefore it is central to existence, and all important to us even as individuals.
This is where ignorant man lost it, because in his attempt to provide explanation of his understanding, he speaks of it as a deity due to language constraints, and the message is misconstrued by the listener.
Deity worship is a prime example of this misconception of language in which the original intent to convey actuality is lost. Further elaboration of these misconceptions then turns into misguided cult worship...then on to full religious organization...all of them based on false premise, due to those misconceptions. The further removed from the original truth they are the more elaborate and incorrect they become.
That said, I believe that the life force is intricately involved in EVERY form of what we know as existence, from the subatomic all the way to the major universal projection of that basic form of structure and the combined essence that ties together all that we know as existence.(perhaps best visualised as the interactive wave structure creating the illusion of all matter)("god" is everywhere, and everything)
That IS the essence of everything. The biological vessel in which you dwell is temporary, as is ALL matter structure. The essence, however, is eternal. This essence is transfered to and from ALL matter perpetually, even as you live, moment to moment, even between animate and inanimate objects such as your biological body and a plant, or vice versa.(cup your hands around a plant and talk to it-then examine it under a high power electron microscope-your signature will be found)
When your biological vessel becomes exhausted to the point that it can no longer sustain this exchange relative to it's environment, the process slows and then ends.(which we call death)Even in death, our biological vessel still carries on this exchange as our "matter" changes characteristic to the point that we are totally reconstituted within the environment from which we were created.(the house of many rooms)("god" giveth-and taketh away)
Most everyone thinks in terms of "tangible matter". That is a misconception of actuality, as matter is simply the illusion of the interaction of wave space structure, created by energy (essence). Throughout your lifetime that "essence" is spread to, and received from everywhere you have ever interacted with during your existence.(most people will not fathom this-or religious indoctrination will force them to reject it)
That is why I state that: You always were. You are. AND you always shall be..."Essence" energy (NEVER changes or dies)(matter-being an illusion created by that energy, only changes form)
I believe this WAS known by much more advanced civilizations long before us. It is obvious that an attempt was made to explain this to our ancestors (Sumerian texts-Veda texts-Egyptian writings-Asian writings-etc.) but was not interpreted as intended...Language barriers and just plain ignorance probably the reason.
No heaven-no hell- just what is(the all"). Something we as a people need to understand and accept, so we can progress as a civilization without fettering dogmas and stifling organizations that are keeping us from our proper place in nature, and the universe.
Cont:

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#549861 Oct 12, 2012
Folks, in general have an affinity to finite(beginning__end). That is the conclusion drawn from our local environment and all that we as individuals experience and learn in life. It is not surprising that we would then equate all that we do NOT understand to this limited equation also...so the infinite concept is naturally rejected because of our perception of reality. It is possible that either or situation is actual, however there is no proof of either. The natural physics of motion in space tends to show how that interaction of motion and matter becomes self perpetuating...which is why personally, I believe that the universe is indeed perpetual in it's own existence. I have gone beyond the restraints of dogma that teaches that everything is alpha-omega.
And YES...the mystery IS awesome.
I have kept this as short as possible...there is much more involved.

Location hidden

#549862 Oct 12, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
I myself am only going to reply if she makes any stupid comments again.
Hey, we think alike. That's why I've never addressed you until today.

(The first sentence is a lie. The second is not)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549863 Oct 12, 2012
Interesting, BT42. Thanks.
That was the short version? lol j/k

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will the False Prophet come from the Vatican??? 4 min Liam 21
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Michael 560,750
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 31 min chie rocco 119,700
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min who 265,590
Gay snapchat names 35 min edm732 188
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 54 min Clear Dharma 59
priestessobodo@gmail.com 1 hr jessica 1
Moses never existed 1 hr KiMare 862
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Qu_innocence 605,392
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 hr yon 4,940
More from around the web