“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#549643 Oct 12, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Evolutionists don't argue with creationists. Creationists do not contribute to science.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on, there lil lady! Some do. Don't know it you know but Isaac Newton was a religious man. You've heard of him, right?
Although the laws of motion and universal gravitation became Newton's best-known discoveries, he warned against using them to view the Universe as a mere machine, as if akin to a great clock.
He said, "Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion. God governs all things and knows all that is or can be done."
hahaha! RR, Newton lived 100 years before Darwin and, guess what? He was not a biologist!

Newton also believed you could turn lead into gold. Newton tried to understand mercury by ingesting it. He was a practicing alchemist in his later years - after inventing calculus and a theory of gravity. Please note, he invented a THEORY of gravity - and it doesn't work as well as Einstein's. Yes, genius. Outside of math? I wouldn't trust him to wash the dishes.

So you are welcome to believe him, if you like. All his non-physicist ramblings are crazy arse-bat-shite.

Don't you remember what I told you about scientists? When they speak outside their own discipline, they make a lot of mistakes. Sometimes, insane ones.
Orangelion

Flint, UK

#549644 Oct 12, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Were you alive when the 80's were around?!? Do you like enjoy wearing pink and turquoise?
What are some sayings from the 80's??? Are you a material girl?
You only know of them because you must have learned them from some source. You haven't disproven how my reasons for thinking you are just a little girl have been incorrect, sorry young girl who hides from her mom masterbating in her basement naked away from her mom, but you are giving a piece of herself away through every comment you make, you must be incredibly embarrassed right now that you are probably half deciding to boycott and quit using topix, do it now, take off that burden kid. By the way, implying you know sayings from the 80's implies you are at least 40, but you don't sound anywhere near even 25.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#549646 Oct 12, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because jesus has no mention doesn't mean he wasn't on the earth.
Jesus has evidence, he tomb actually exists as well. I do admit the bible if read as a story book is very well written simply on the grounds of it being great literture. I think the bible quite an engrossing book.
Huh?

What does "Jesus has no mention" mean?

What does "Jesus has evidence" mean??? What kind of evidence does Jesus have???

You spelled "literature" incorrectly.

Do you visit these forums when you're drunk? I do. So...why can't you spell?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#549647 Oct 12, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, lots of anti-theists like to mention that it's more probably that Mary was impregnated by "natural means" rather than by a holy spirit.
Personally, I think it's disrespectful in general and won't go there unless I'm trying to be a dick, or if I'm talking to all non-christians.
I think ChristineM hates Christians & is just being a bitch and an anti-theist.

Since: May 11

Newport, UK

#549648 Oct 12, 2012
oh look...the tide is in.

prat!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#549649 Oct 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Another theory I won't listen to.
I've also heard a theory that it's not aliens...
The "gray alien" we all "know" is actually a human time traveler...
LMAO
You are right not to listen to those guesses (they're not theories). They are entirely lacking in evidence.

Also, they diminish humanity.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#549650 Oct 12, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ARE CRRRRRRRRRRRAZY.
lol
NO woman would say, "i am pregnant with a fetus' either.
they would consider themselves to be carrying LIFE.
and in many parts of the world still yet today the phrase is used
"with Child".
but NO woman would say I am pregnant with a fetus, they would consider the life inside themm as a BABY.
do you think a Dr. comes out and says
congratulations mrs jones you are going to have a fetus...
they say you are going to have a BABY.
point is from conception it is LIFE a living thing.........
Did I SAY a woman would say: I am pregnant with a fetus?

No- I did NOT say that- what I SAID was that women simply say: I'm pregnant.

Oh BULL!- "Many parts of the world"- what a load of CRAP- how would YOU know what pregnant women say in "many parts of the world"??

NO ONE in THIS country says: I am with child- unless they want to get laughed at or get strange looks.

No- of course a doctor doesn't say that, since what the woman will eventually give birth to is NOT a FETUS, but will be a BABY.

And no- most doctors do NOT say "you're going to have a baby"- most doctors- at least those who are PROFESSIONAL- say: You are PREGNANT.

No- from the point of conception what a woman is pregnant with is ALIVE, but it is not "A LIFE".

LIFE begins at BIRTH.

SPERM is ALIVE.
MOLD is ALIVE.
BACTERIA is ALIVE.
MILDEW is ALIVE.

Are ANY of the above "lives" simply because they are ALIVE?

No. And a zygote, an embryo and a fetus- while ALIVE, are NOT LIVES and won't be until a LIVE BIRTH takes place which means a BABY will have been born.

Look- don't bother me with this again- this thread is not in ANY way about pregnancy or abortion and there are loads of threads on Topix dealing with abortion for you to post your INSANITY on, you CRAZY loon.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549652 Oct 12, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Were you alive when the 80's were around?!? Do you like enjoy wearing pink and turquoise?
What are some sayings from the 80's??? Are you a material girl?
Living in a material world?
Orangelion

Flint, UK

#549653 Oct 12, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
hahaha! RR, Newton lived 100 years before Darwin and, guess what? He was not a biologist!
Newton also believed you could turn lead into gold. Newton tried to understand mercury by ingesting it. He was a practicing alchemist in his later years - after inventing calculus and a theory of gravity. Please note, he invented a THEORY of gravity - and it doesn't work as well as Einstein's. Yes, genius. Outside of math? I wouldn't trust him to wash the dishes.
So you are welcome to believe him, if you like. All his non-physicist ramblings are crazy arse-bat-shite.
Don't you remember what I told you about scientists? When they speak outside their own discipline, they make a lot of mistakes. Sometimes, insane ones.
You seem to lack the education, education materials will themselves teach issac newton as trustworthy. He was also the one who invented the three laws of motion. Now bitch off kid.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#549654 Oct 12, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Tide does not need to explain anything,he busted Hiding and said what we all know about Al Garcia. What's wrong, did he mess up your code of lies by telling the truth. If he is a man, he will stand by it,if not he will retreat. He blasted Happy Lesbo on the other thread. Perhaps, you all turned on Tam or him, and LOLhe responded in kind. LOL
Cat's out of the bag, Tide. How many other people are you? What a bullshit a-hole you turned out to be.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#549655 Oct 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolutionists believe in evolution because they want to. It is their desire at all costs to explain the origin of everything without a Creator. Evolutionism is thus intrinsically an atheistic religion.
They say "Of course we can't prove that there isn't a God."
Therefore, they must "believe" it, and that makes it a religion.
"We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs,... in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated commitment to materialism" -Richard Lewontin
No, baby. <sigh> I explained all this already.

Evolution is not something that you believe in. Evolution is perfectly observable, testable, provable. Evolution the theory explains it - it is, in science, treated as fact. It has never been disproved, not once.

I've already told you that evolution does not equal not-god. You are the one here elevating evolution to a religion - you are making a straw man so that you feel better about yourself.

And you have now succumbed to the religious penchance for dishonesty. You utterly misquoted Lewontin to make him look as if he supported your ignorant comments.

I am going to assume you aren't lying and simply copied that from a website who lied to you.

This is what Lewontin wrote, word for word:

"Our willingness to accept scientific claims that are against common sense is the key to an understanding of the real struggle between science and the supernatural. We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism. It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door."

Your God hates liars, RR. Don't go down the road of dishonesty to make your religion palatable. You will only end up eating filth.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549656 Oct 12, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Wait, you never said "biologists", you said "Creationists don't contribute to SCIENCE"

So now, when you find out that one of history's greatest scientists & mathematicians was also religious, you discredit him as "speaking outside his discipline".

That is SOOOO hypocritical it ain't funny!
Orangelion

Flint, UK

#549657 Oct 12, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
What does "Jesus has no mention" mean?
What does "Jesus has evidence" mean??? What kind of evidence does Jesus have???
You spelled "literature" incorrectly.
Do you visit these forums when you're drunk? I do. So...why can't you spell?
Where did BC and AD come from? You must not have been to many museums if you haven't heard of jesus in history. You haven't read much of history. Yes, you must have phD in anthropology.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#549658 Oct 12, 2012
Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
*Psssst*
There's a meeting at eighteen hundred hours. Dorris has made the egg mayo sandwiches and some nibbles. If there is anything you are allergic to please contact me on the usual number.
.. we're good. I'll bring the hot babes. You better have weed and booze or we'll all leave ..

.. what's tonight's topic ??..

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#549659 Oct 12, 2012
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Lewontin the notorious quote miner is an idiot who is still quoting Darwin out of context over a century after the fact.
He also has no idea what a religion is.
No. Dr. Lewontin didn't say what RR claimed he did. RR absolutely and dishonestly misrepresented what Lewontin wrote. Lewontin was warning about "just so stories" - the kind you get in evolutionary psychology by people who don't understand evolution, but would like to use it in their social science.

Lewontin is constantly misquoted - purposefully - by creationist liars. It's sad, but it tells us about the goals of their dishonest religion.

This is what Lewontin said in full:

""Our willingness to accept scientific claims that are against common sense is the key to an understanding of the real struggle between science and the supernatural. We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism. It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door. "

In other words, Lewontin is saying "don't make shiit up. Use evidence."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549660 Oct 12, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right not to listen to those guesses (they're not theories). They are entirely lacking in evidence.
Also, they diminish humanity.
I agree. I hate hearing people say shit like aliens "must've" built the pyramids. I like to think that human are boundless creatures that can do pretty much anything they set their mind on.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#549661 Oct 12, 2012
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bring fruit and marshmallow dip, I'm picking the team robes up from Dawkin's place at 15:30hrs (zulu time) it was his turn to launder them.
.. don't forget to bring Mrs. Charrington ..
Orangelion

Flint, UK

#549662 Oct 12, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not suspicious about it. Generally speaking, we should all try to avoid generalizations.
I do avoid generalisations, but I used the word suspicous to imply that it could be true. Although he probably wouldn't even bother making any comments on the debate if he felt incapable of argueing his points.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#549664 Oct 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell?
I said I'm hungry.
That means you make me a sammich!
I will not make dishonest quote-miners sandwiches.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#549665 Oct 12, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
Just ignore her and don't even refer to to what hidingfromyou has said, her belief in evolution is obviously only there to serve her young ego. For now just continue the debate with others. The only things she says when she receives a logic come back are simply, "you are lying", "you are delueded", "you are stupid", "you are uneducated", "the big bang just happens", "quantums are just random". She doesn't actually give any logic herself.
Why do you keep writing me if you're trying to ignore me?

Someone has a crush! Who has a crush?!? Oh, it's Orangelion, the impotent old man!

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk! Groooooooooooooooss!

Get away from me you filthy old man!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min Peace_Warrior 604,988
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min kent 559,394
Gay snapchat names 48 min Joey 147
Moses never existed 48 min Khatru 748
Minecraft Gift Code Generator No Survey 1 hr Minecraft Gift 2
Couch Potato Alert 1 hr yon 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr The Awakener 175,608
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 265,098
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web