Prove there's a god.

Since: May 11

Cardiff, UK

#549806 Oct 12, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. there's assault + battery. Isn't that assault ??..
Not here. It's more like "intentional" conduct likely to cause "harassment alarm or distress".

Section 4.(A)(2). POA 1986.

we have "common assault" and "assault occasioning actual bodily harm".

We don't have the assault and battery charge here.

Since: May 11

Cardiff, UK

#549807 Oct 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Well, booots. That monk tells you what year it is.
2012 AD...
Actually it was Pope Gregory who did that.
Orangelion

Buckley, UK

#549808 Oct 12, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It is. But why is that a problem? Do you think that you owe religion respect? All of the following are from Pat Condell, on respect for religion:
[1] "I give your religion as much respect as your religion gives me. There’s nothing complicated about it, and I have every right to insult a religion that goes out of its way to insult, to judge, and to condemn me as an inadequate human being, which your religion does with self righteous gusto. When it comes to insults your religion started this, not me. If your religion kept its big mouth shut so would I. But given that it doesn’t, and given the enormous harm that your religion has done in this world. I’d say that not only do I have a right, but a duty to insult it, as does every rationale thinking person on this planet.
=========
[2] "I can see that everything about this God has been purposely designed to poison our experience of life on Earth – not to enhance it. To keep us fearful. To suppress knowledge. To curtail freedom and creativity. And to celebrate death. It’s nothing less than the dumbing down of the human race. And demanding respect for it is, frankly, an insult that deserves to be repaid with considerable interest.
=========
[3] "Religion deserves no respect at all because:
A.) It offers no respect at all.
B.) It offers no evidence at all.
==========
[4] "If you criticize religion, every so often someone will say to you quite disapprovingly "You may not have faith in God, but you could show a bit more respect for those people who do." And you might find yourself thinking: Actually, maybe they're right. It wouldn't hurt to show a bit more respect. After all, nobody likes to be told point blank that their religion is a crock of delusional garbage and a force for evil in the world, that what they call faith is merely fear dressed up as virtue, and that their puerile beliefs are a straitjacket on the whole of humanity. That's bound to put anybody's nose out of joint.
"So yes, maybe I could show a bit more respect. The only fly in the ointment is I don't actually feel any respect. I have tried, I really have, and I feel just terrible about it, but it just isn't there. I suppose I could lie to myself and pretend for the sake of people's feelings, because we all know how delicate and tender they can be these days, but the bald truth is I don't actually care about their feelings, at all, not even slightly. And of course I realize that should weigh heavily on my conscience, but luckily my conscience knows when it's being bullied and manipulated so it doesn't care either.
"My conscience knows that there's no earthly reason for anybody on this planet to respect religion in any way. Indeed, purely on the evidence religion itself provides in such regular abundance, there's every reason to actively disrespect it to the point of outright abuse. And quite frankly, the fact that religion gets so little abuse compared to what it really deserves, I can only attribute to the unbelievable tolerance, restraint, and plain good manners of atheists and secularists everywhere.
"So, if you are a religious person, and if you're thinking of demanding more respect for your beliefs, please try to bear in mind that you and your religion are already getting way more respect than you’ve have ever deserved. Your faith is a joke. Your god is a joke. He's so absurd he's an embarrassment even to people who don't believe in him. And he, and you, still have it all to prove."
We have just given evidence. Why don't you pick on islam, they fit better to this definition.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#549809 Oct 12, 2012
Pat Condell was a comedian, known by some as the "godless comedian". He's also known as an anti-theist. Of course he's gonna have quotes against religion. He has an agenda to attain.
Plus he's English-Irish, so...
Orangelion

Buckley, UK

#549810 Oct 12, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
She is not a women, she is a kid, I never said anything about how women should be dominated. The point I was making towards her was that
she was a foolish kid, not a foolish female. You are a feminist. A typical butch lesbian feminist who makes up all types of accusations.
She herself said she is not a physist. How does that make her scientist?

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#549811 Oct 12, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You threatened to kill anyone who opposed your right to freedom of speech, gender and age were not mentioned.
I must correct you here, she is not a baby, she is 14 so you beseeching the sympathy vote is irrelevant. Just consider that in Vatican City she has been old enough to vote and have sex for 2 years.
The Taliban are just as free to have their opinion as you are, this is the logical conclusion to freedom of speech, freedom of expression etc - freedom for everyone, not just the select few with the biggest guns or loudest threats.
Freedom on the specific terms that you want freedom is not freedom to them just as freedom on the terms they want is not freedom to you. The word freedom is not viewed in the same terms. It’s a quandary and unfortunately in the world that ideology and religions have created it will always fester. You may not like it, I do not like it but that is beside the point.
In my view that does not mean you are entitled to kill because someone violates your freedoms but again that is besides the point, my view is not in question here. You are the one who made the threat to kill anyone who threatened your freedom and they are then ones who pulled the trigger. It is quite hypocritical of you to condemn someone for doing exactly what you claimed you would do. Or are you thinking that they are funnymetalist Muslims so it must be wrong but when you do it it’s right? Like I said hypocritical.
You do not accept anything they hold dear including the freedom to worship in their own way even through if they were American your constitution would give them that right.
Funnymentalist of every faith do not accept what anyone who does not think like them has the right to their own freedom because if differs form their view of freedom. Most people will discus that peacefully and rationally, however there are some who threaten and some who are willing to commit violence,. Freedom of speech gives them that right. It is responsibility for that freedom that prevents most civilised people from killing their neighbours because his hair is the wrong colour or her skirt is too short or they say the something you don’t like.
I do not use the constitution to qualify my judgement.
I use the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.sht...

It's more powerful than just the US Constitution , it is united in agreement by the the world. The Taliban has violated international law.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#549812 Oct 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
BT42, not everyone says BCE & CE. Some people like to keep it the traditional BC & AD.
If you prefer BCE, that's fine. It's still based on Jesus' birth...
Hey, RR You know I use both. LOL! You surely know I was making a point.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#549813 Oct 12, 2012
Dionysius Exiguus, a monk, started the AD calender in 532 AD, to spite Rome's persecution of Christians.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#549814 Oct 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, you never said "biologists", you said "Creationists don't contribute to SCIENCE"
So now, when you find out that one of history's greatest scientists & mathematicians was also religious, you discredit him as "speaking outside his discipline".
That is SOOOO hypocritical it ain't funny!
Newton didn't believe in the "Trinity", or "Satan". He believed in alchemy and thought "god" utilized something similar to alchemy in the "creation".

Newton thought that Adam and Eve and the serpent were some type of veiled reference to a bizarre alchemical formula if I'm not mistaken.

He formulated a brilliant theory concerning motion/gravity etc...

He was also quite bizarre in his religious(and other) beliefs.

“Just a very naughty boy.”

Since: Dec 08

Dodge

#549815 Oct 12, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
How am I contradicting myself? skitz, you haven't actually contributed anything or put up any arguements at all, which makes people suspicious to whether or not you are an uneducated moron.
Well at the star you say if the person is a bitch then slap them about, then you say people shouldn't hit one and other. Make your mind up.

Location hidden

#549816 Oct 12, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
I was replying to hidinhfromyou, she said jesus didn't exist, when I told her that AD and BC actually derived from christ.
Son, I was just try'n ta lighten up a heated situation with a little humor. Sometimes ya jist need ta back up an take a breath ta see the crap really ain't worth all that.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#549817 Oct 12, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>Huh?

What does "Jesus has no mention" mean?

What does "Jesus has evidence" mean??? What kind of evidence does Jesus have???

You spelled "literature" incorrectly.

Do you visit these forums when you're drunk? I do. So...why can't you spell?
He's just stupid.
Audience

São Paulo, Brazil

#549818 Oct 12, 2012
Well... I could ask the same thing about the big bang.
All there is to it are hypotheses, it's not scientifically proved as a fact either.
Could you explain me, how the big bang was created? And how -the thing that created the big bang- was created, and so on.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#549819 Oct 12, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I told her the same and even linked her to a medical site. You won't admit that she is as wrong as a gay in a schoolyard with children.
I think you and YD would make a lovely couple.

You would make stupid children, though.

Dodge

#549820 Oct 12, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. we're good. I'll bring the hot babes. You better have weed and booze or we'll all leave ..
.. what's tonight's topic ??..
I have a couple of Ounces of jack herra skunk and, we the booze.......Hic hic.....I seem to have lost some :)

Dodge

#549821 Oct 12, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>He was mocking you, fool. The funny thing is this, now, you try to fight from a point of weakness, 14-15, which exposes weakness vbeing your nature.
I love when a defeated kid trolls for backup.
I am everyone, and I am you, remember, Tide is the puppetmaster and I am just one of his puppets. Paranoid much, kid.
*Points*

HAHAhahahahahahaha.......Bwaha hahaaaa........*Breathes in*.....HAhahahahaha hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA! !!!!111one!!!!

You are the muppet of the the week mate! Lied the beach :P

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#549822 Oct 12, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Look out, Hiding is ragging out again and acting like well... her age...14.
That means she hit puberty. That rules her out as a sexual partner for you. So sad :(

Location hidden

#549823 Oct 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Well, booots. That monk tells you what year it is.
2012 AD...
There's a big story behind all that too RR, but it would take forever to spell it all out, and ya wouldn't really want ta hear it.
Something ta think about...
What was wrong with the calender anyway?
Why would anyone want to make such monumental changes?
Who would benefit from it, and why?
Who could be so powerful that they could change a system in use for thousands of years?

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#549824 Oct 12, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, when I want to keep the thread going and be stupid, I could be Hiding and Happy Lesbo. When I want to be the lackey Christian, I could be Al Garcia. When I want to be the mental retard, I could be OCD. When I want to be a bratty kid troll I could be River Tam. When I want to be a dyslexic adult, I could be ChristineM. When I wnat to piss you all off, I could be Sir Doctor.
Give me a break, when you are 145, you get bored with routines.
Can't keep my name out of your mouth, can you? Try to remember. I'm not your boyfriend's cock.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#549825 Oct 12, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe God because of the logic of it. We have proved his existence, you haven't. Besides, I doubt you have met many people in your young age, since there has been plenty of religious people who think normally and reasonably. If we were insane we would have had all types of crazy ideas.
"We believe God because of the logic of it."
You call believing something is there when it's not "logic"? That's not logic, that's delusion. A pipe dream.
"We have proved his existence, you haven't."
This statement would make a "god's existance" IMPOSSIBLE. "God" either exists for all or exists for none.
Can a light be on and off at the same time?
No.
Either we humans universally all over the world from conception to death "know" that a "god exists" or we don't.
We cannot have it both ways.
This "God for some and not for others" way is not working for the homo sapien species. It is tearing us apart. Becuase of this "logic" we are on the way to creating an "armegeddon" and wipe ourselves out.
Look at the result - this PTAG thread. Human self-extinction over this question of "god".
THINK ABOUT IT: If "god" existed would there EVER have BEEN a PTAG question AT ALL?
What are we humans really fighting over when we fight about "god"?
NOTHING.
Because there's really nothing else we can do BUT make ourselves extinct, and "proving whether or not there's a god" is the perfect weapon for mass human suicide.

SMMFH...I weep for the human race.
Self-extinction over "god".
Killing each other trying to "get to heaven" and "sending other people to hell".
You call this "logic"??????????
I really, really weep for the human race. We are about to wipe out our future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min River Tam 70,391
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 14 min Aussie Kev 3,010
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 26 min Helper 89
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 27 min gundee123 4,950
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 56 min Phooey 658,499
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Peter Ross 445,519
Breaking The KING JAMES BIBLE (KJV) CODE 2 hr Gill Noggin 3
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 282,915
More from around the web